Back to Home / #mythtv / 2003 / 04 / Prev Day | Next Day
#mythtv IRC Logs for 2003-04-08

00:00<Chutt>like 4x at saving
00:00<Chutt>or something like that
00:00<Chutt>hrm
00:00<Chutt>tricky
00:00<inman>yeah, because you didn't want to do inline updates...
00:01<inman>anyway... i've given up on the database jihad. i'll wait for other people to complain enough before offering new solutions. :-)
00:01<knight>haha
00:01<inman>i can't be the only person who is annoyed by these sorts of inefficiencies.
00:01<Ndiin>Chutt: I think scanning through the playlists for invalid items is going to be the best bet, although it'll cause a bit of slowdown to check
00:01<knight>yeah i'll just let people complain about slow loading pages that require 15+ queries
00:01<Chutt>ndiin, it already scans through it
00:01<Ndiin>Like at loadtime
00:02<Ndiin>hmm
00:12<Chutt>inman, ndiin, lemme know if what i just checked in fixes things for you
00:13<Ndiin>checking
00:14<inman>thanks, Chutt
00:14<Chutt>it doesn't deal with it _entirely_ cleanly
00:14<Chutt>but it shouldn't die anymore, at least
00:14<Chutt>might have an empty playlist laying around, it should remove those, but it doesn't
00:15<mdz>shad: if you're trying to build mythgame, you need to install libmyth-0.8-dev
00:15<inman>no biggie, i was just pointing out the bug, not demanding a fix. :-)
00:15<Chutt>point out bugs :p
00:16<Ndiin>Chutt: Works fine
00:17<Ndiin>Just noticed a small bug though (unlrelated).. if you have a playlist as your active queue, and then select clear active playlist, it resets to having nothing, but the playlist previously selected is still greyed
00:18<nyquiljer>anyone have a link to the iulius osd theme ive seen shots of?
00:18-!-keyhack [] has quit [Ping timeout: 14400 seconds]
00:18-!-keyhack [keyhack@64-215-24-229.nrp2.mon.ny.frontiernet.net] has joined #mythtv
00:20<moegreen>nyquiljer: I don't think it's finished yet - I believe those were photoshop mockups
00:20<shad>mdz: Thanks. Does mythgame support zipped files?
00:20<knight>yes
00:20<shad>I saw something about it
00:20<shad>hrm
00:20<knight>it does
00:21<Chutt>hrm
00:21<shad>It doesn't like me then
00:21<shad>does it recurse subdirs?
00:21<Chutt>that backtrace posted to the list doesn't have the info
00:21<Chutt>shad, i don't believe it does
00:21<shad>mkay
00:21<Chutt>the crash is in programinfo.cpp, but that seems to be optimized out :(
00:21<nyquiljer>moegreen: ok, thats kinda what i figured
00:22<nyquiljer>orangey: the editmode stuff is looking really nice
00:22<orangey>nyquiljer: Thank ye : ) Hopefully soon we can get us slightly more options there, so that the edit points can fit properly..
00:24<mdz>shad: as I said, I have never used mythgame
00:24<mdz>so I would be the wrong person to ask about it
00:24<Chutt>captain_murdoch, your code is crashing :p
00:24<Chutt>well, apparently
00:25<Captain_Murdoch>:) not my code, couldn't be mine.
00:25<Captain_Murdoch>in programinfo or where?
00:25<Chutt>see the bt brian foddy posted to the list
00:25<Captain_Murdoch>ok.
00:28<nyquiljer>can anyone tell me the trick to having nice fonts like in the screenshots at http://untzuntz.com/mythtv/playback/ ?
00:29<Chutt>captain_murdoch, it doesn't make much sense, really
00:29<Captain_Murdoch>Cloak looks like that's on/around line 677 right?
00:29<Captain_Murdoch>chutt, sorry about that. tab hosed me up.
00:29<Chutt>that one, or the next query
00:29<Chutt>but
00:29<orangey>is there any way currently to manage channels? like erase channels or something?
00:29<Chutt>i don't see how that can crash
00:29<orangey>or add them, for that matter?
00:29<Chutt>orangey, nope
00:30<orangey>Chutt: any short- or long- term plans?
00:30<Chutt>nyquiljer, you need anti-aliasing turned on it qt, and you need nice fonts installed =)
00:30<Chutt>orangey, not especially
00:30<Chutt>captain_murdoch, does that pointer for prevRecording seem to look right to you?
00:30<Captain_Murdoch>wonder if something is hosing up chanid or startts.
00:31<orangey>Chutt: DTV channels are constantly changing, especially the pay per view ones.. I often wish that mythfill could automatically add the new ones and erase the old ones instead of just reporting them..
00:32<shad>heh. forgot to add database stuff
00:33<Captain_Murdoch>don't notice anything weird about it. it's near to the frames value which was created around the same time.
00:33<Chutt>frames would be on the stack, though
00:34<Chutt>prevRecording is newed
00:34<Captain_Murdoch>yeah, right, wasn't thinking that.
00:35<shad>216M mysql.log
00:35<shad>haha
00:35<Ndiin>shad: mine's 532 =P
00:35<shad>030408 0:35:24 8 Query SELECT data FROM settings WHERE value = "RecordChanged"
00:35<shad>030408 0:35:25 8 Query SELECT data FROM settings WHERE value = "RecordChanged"
00:35<shad>every second. mmmm
00:35<Chutt>you can turn that off, you realize :p
00:36<shad>didn't realize that I had the log till now :P
00:36<shad>probably killing my disk access
00:36<shad>where do I turn it off? :)
00:36<shad>my.cnf?
00:36<Chutt>ayup
00:36<shad>wow. I know something :)
00:37<Chutt>captain_murdoch, i'm committing some tiny stuff to move things around in that function in programinfo.cpp
00:37<Chutt>won't fix anything, though :(
00:37<shad>Chutt: Wanna hear my stupid idea?
00:38<Chutt>go ahead
00:39<Captain_Murdoch>ok.
00:39<Ndiin>Chutt: oneliner for that minor bug I mentioned earlier.. add "the_playlists->showRelevantPlaylists(alllists);" in DatabaseBox::clearActive() line 198
00:40<shad>say the backend starts doing a job that requires a lot of cpu, and there is a recording, and frames start getting dropped, would it be possible to set some kind of threshold, and after a certain amount, drop down the bitrate/quality for a certain amount of time, so there aren't any lost frames, just a lower quality video?
00:40<Chutt>shad, it doesn't really have the ability to change recording settings mid recording
00:40<shad>ok
00:40<shad>that's what I wanted to know
00:40<Captain_Murdoch>Chutt: I was thinking of just making a generic function to save a map so it could be used to save the blank list, the break list, and even a cutlist or bookmark if they are moved to the recordedmarkup table.
00:40<shad>that would be cool though :)
00:41<Chutt>ndiin, before or after checktree?
00:41<Ndiin>Chutt: before
00:41-!-hfb [~hbarrett@pool1311.cvx17-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net] has joined #mythtv
00:41<shad>how long should mythgame to check all 4.7gig of mame roms?
00:41<Chutt>just like the function immediately above it?
00:41<Chutt>shad, depends
00:41<Ndiin>correct
00:41<shad>on a slow cpu. :P
00:41<Chutt>shad, and that's not 'all'
00:42<shad>Chutt: Don't make me go search for more :)
00:42<Chutt>it has to partially unzip things
00:42<knight>hmm, another thing I was thinking that mythweb needs... the timeslot should turn red (where the time markers are on the bar) if there is already a recording scheduled
00:42<Chutt>read headers and stuff
00:42<shad>ok
00:42<shad>It's been 10 mins now, so just wondering
00:42<Chutt>knight, that'd be nice
00:42<knight>that way if you're trying to maximize recordings you can skip past 30 minute slots that already have something going
00:43<Chutt>well, it doesn't take care of multiple encoders, but it'd be an easy way to know something was recorded then
00:43<knight>although, it would be better to keep track of available encoders
00:43<knight>ys
00:43<knight>yes
00:43<knight>i.e. turn red if 0 encoders free for that block
00:43<shad>Oh, question. I have it set to record a certain program, ant time, any where. and I get conflicts when it is on two different channels at the same time. Is it always going to be like this?
00:43<Chutt>eh, i could see just wanting to mark if _something_ is being recorded for then
00:44<knight>eh?
00:44<Chutt>shad, 8.1GB, btw
00:44<Ndiin>shad: perhaps it should check if they're the same episode, but other than that I'd think its valid
00:44<shad>Chutt: That's compressed, right?
00:44<Chutt>yup
00:44<shad>jesus
00:45<Chutt>so you're more than halfway there :p
00:45<shad>Heh
00:45<shad>I think I have more than enought :)
00:46<Chutt>ndiin, thanks, that's in cvs
00:49<Chutt>moegreen, i'm going to make some minor mods to your stuff, k?
00:50<moegreen>Chutt: sure
00:50-!-Edgan [edgan@24-205-202-237.rno-cres.charterpipeline.net] has joined #mythtv
00:50<moegreen>Chutt: what are you going to change?
00:50<Chutt>the gContext in xmlparse
00:50<shad>there's no keys.txt for mythgame, that I can see ;(
00:51<moegreen>Chutt: yeah, I thought about that for a while. It's used in a few places
00:51<Chutt>shad, just arrows, and tab
00:51<Chutt>moegreen, well, gContext is global, no need to have a reference in the class =)
00:51<shad>how about to rescan?
00:52<Chutt>e on the system type
00:52<shad>thx
00:52<Chutt>there should be a rescan button
00:52<shad>don't see one
00:52<Chutt>that's also how do change settings and stuff
00:52<shad>this isn't cvs though
00:52<shad>and r seems to segfault. :)
00:52<Chutt>what would 'r' do?
00:52<shad>no idea
00:53<shad>want me to recompile with debug?
00:53<Ndiin>if its a listbox, probably jumps to the first 'r'..
00:53<shad>just hitting r at the main screen just segfaults
00:53<shad>while it's at all games
00:54-!-Timon [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
00:54<Chutt>moegreen, the UIListType
00:54<Chutt>it has a UIFontpairType passed in
00:54<Chutt>does it _own_ that fontpairtype?
00:54<shad>actually
00:54<shad>hitting e on all games makes it segfault
00:55<moegreen>Chutt: the fontpairtype class can probably go - since the list is currently the only widget that uses it
00:55<Chutt>heh
00:56<Chutt>but, that's the only leak i see
00:57<moegreen>:)
00:57<Chutt>good job on all this
00:57<Chutt>looks nice
00:58<moegreen>how does the formatting look?
00:58<Chutt>didn't look at that =)
00:58<shad>has anyone gotten fullscreen working with fceu?
00:58<Chutt>but it looks like you followed my style pretty exactly
00:58<Chutt>so, cool =)
00:59-!-lydickaw [~lydickaw@evrtwa1-ar7-4-63-179-028.evrtwa1.dsl-verizon.net] has joined #mythtv
01:00<Captain_Murdoch>Chutt: for the commercial skip code, you said it's safe to assume no frame drops right? is it safe to assume that framesPlayed should always equal the timecode on a keyframe as it is encountered in the stream?
01:01<Captain_Murdoch>I ask this because if frames are dropped then framesPlayed gets off. I have a one-line patch that seems to fix this and keeps it consistent.
01:01<Captain_Murdoch>dropped during recording I mean.
01:02<Chutt>it should
01:02<Chutt>is this in reference to the bug you were talking about last night?
01:02<Chutt>what's the fix?
01:02<Captain_Murdoch>lydickaw: the other day you asked if anyone was working on scene change detection right? there was some code on the list that Liam posted but I'm not sure if he's working on it right now. he's working on logo detection at the moment I believe.
01:03-!-david_ [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
01:03<Captain_Murdoch>Chutt: sorta. I thought it was a bug but it appears it was a symptom caused by frame drops during recording. I have recordings with some keyframes set at odd intervals at the beginning of the recording. then they straighten out to the right interval.
01:04<Captain_Murdoch>the fix I think works is to set lastKey = framesPlayed = frameheader.timecode whenever a video keyframe is detected in GetFrame. right now it's just lastKey = framesPlayed.
01:04<Captain_Murdoch>course I'd put framesPlayed = frameheader.timecode on a line above the lastKey = framesPlayed line. :)
01:05<Captain_Murdoch>doing that makes the framePlayed always equal whether you jump to a frame or step to a frame one by one using GetFrame.
01:07<Captain_Murdoch>appears to only be a problem if the keyframes are ever off the normal interval (assume this is caused by dropped frames during recording).
01:07<Captain_Murdoch>I'll shut up now and let someone else post. :)
01:07<moegreen>hi Captain_Murdoch :)
01:08<Chutt>captain_murdoch, i think it's a safe assumption to make that change
01:08<Captain_Murdoch>hey moe. (watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat) :)
01:08<Chutt>i was reading code :p
01:09<Chutt>actually, though
01:09<Chutt>hrm
01:09<Captain_Murdoch>I need to move my mysql server off my main recording box. I think when the conflict code fires off it causes a couple dropped frames since I'm borderline on my cpu.
01:10<Chutt>say for frame #100
01:10<Chutt>it's a keyframe
01:10<Chutt>so, it's got a S/V frame
01:10<Chutt>and you'd set framesPlayed = lastKey = 100
01:10<Chutt>then when it actually decodes frame #100
01:10<Chutt>it increments framesPlayed
01:11<Chutt>and says it's 101
01:11<Chutt>no?
01:11<Captain_Murdoch>hmm, thinking...
01:12<Captain_Murdoch>if we encounter a S/V frame, then can we assume we're at frame frameheader.timecode - 1? so framesPlayed = frameheader.timecode - 1;
01:12<Chutt>yes
01:13<Chutt>i think that's valid
01:13<Chutt>the _next_ video frame will be frameheader.timecode
01:13<Captain_Murdoch>right. ok, let me check that to see if it works on this file I've been testing with.
01:14<Captain_Murdoch>so would we leave lastKey untouched or set lastKey to frameheader.timecode? right now it sets it to framesPlayed which really would seem to be wrong since when we encounter the S/V frame, framesPlayed should be timecode -1
01:15<Chutt>well, i should be set to timecode, i think
01:15<Chutt>it
01:15<Captain_Murdoch>that's what I'm thinking.
01:15<Chutt>since the last keyframe will be the _next_ frame it decodes
01:15<Captain_Murdoch>ok, off to test real quick.
01:20<Captain_Murdoch>that mod causes a problem in edit mode steping forward by one frame so I'm looking into that right now.
01:20<Captain_Murdoch>problem occurs at a keyframe since lastkey == desiredkey.
01:20<Chutt>ah
01:20<inman>can someone confirm whether myth deletes programs scheduled to record once which were never recorded? looks like a bug.
01:21<orangey>hmm. is it possible to justify the text in the new ui.xml file?
01:21<orangey>moegreen?
01:21<Chutt>inman, expand?
01:22<orangey>ooh. it is. nice.
01:22<inman>it looks like i scheduled something to record once, and mythbackend was offline then.
01:22<Captain_Murdoch>inman, I don't think so. I've seen skipped programs lag around and just deleted them manually.
01:22<Chutt>ah
01:22<inman>i still have a scheduled recording for that program, despite the fact that there's no possible way i'll ever record it.
01:22<Chutt>no, it doesn't remove em from the table
01:23<inman>any code that checks for that should also check for programs on channels we no longer subscribe to, etc.
01:23-!-paperclip [~joe@ip68-11-30-158.no.no.cox.net] has joined #mythtv
01:23<Chutt>right
01:23* inmanadds another entry to his impossibly long todo.
01:25<moegreen>orangey: yes, add an align="" tag to the textarea
01:25<moegreen>orangey: <textarea name="channelname" draworder="6" align="center">
01:26<Captain_Murdoch>inman, while you're at it, add an item to that list to make a Delete key on the recording conflicts screen to delete a scheduled recording. :) sometimes if I get a conflict on a one-time-only recording I just delete it like for a movie I might like to see that conflicts with one of my normal shows.
01:26<inman>okay
01:26<Chutt>meh, i should be sleeping
01:27<Captain_Murdoch>j/k about adding it. I'd like that feature but not trying to give anyone else any more work. :)
01:27<inman>Captain_Murdoch: s'okay.
01:27<inman>that's actually more work than it sounds like.
01:27<inman>didn't we discuss this the other day?
01:27<Chutt>heh
01:27<Captain_Murdoch>not me. I think this is the first time I've mentioned it to anyone.
01:27<Chutt>someone did, yes
01:28<inman>well
01:28<inman>you need to somehow break-out the recordings into forms that can be toggled more easily through the sorting (or something)
01:28<inman>so that the priorities work
01:29<Captain_Murdoch>should be fairly easy I would think. I might look into it sometime. maybe keep track of the recordid in the list so you can delete the recordid if the user hits 'd' on an item.
01:29<inman>i don't think there's any mechanism in the db to make it work given the current structure. we'd need to come up with a way to express the solution; then the problem will be easily solved.
01:40<nyquiljer>if i select 'always record this program in this timeslot every day' that will only do it on days when that is actually IN the timslot?
01:41<inman>yes.
01:45<knight>heh
01:50-!-lydickaw [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
01:57-!-lydickaw [~lydickaw@evrtwa1-ar7-4-63-179-028.evrtwa1.dsl-verizon.net] has joined #mythtv
02:20-!-lydickaw [] has quit ["Client Exiting"]
02:39-!-hfb [] has quit ["Huh! Wasn't me!"]
02:44<poptix>no
02:45<poptix>it means record any program in this timeslot
02:45<poptix>even though it says 'record THIS program'
02:47<Captain_Murdoch>no, it means record this program in this timeslot any day it's on. most of my scheduled recordings are timeslot recordings and they only record once a week or maybe twice for the odd show that the network decides to run on 2 days with a rerun on one and new on the other day.
02:48<orangey>anybody awake?
02:49<Ndiin>Captain_Murdoch: which is why the weekly timeslot patch should go in I think =)
02:50<Captain_Murdoch>Ndiin: I agree
02:52<orangey>ndiin/murdoch: http://tarek.2y.net/tvmenu-3.png
02:52<nyquiljer>404
02:52<orangey>quick and dirty thoughts?
02:52<Ndiin>404
02:52<orangey>ndiin/murdoch: http://tarek.2y.net/myth/tvmenu-3.png
02:52<nyquiljer>ooh
02:53<nyquiljer>thats purrrty
02:53<orangey>hehe : )
02:53<Ndiin>Looks cool, but i just don't like the color scheme myself
02:53<nyquiljer>i like the little amber looking thing
02:53<orangey>which part offends you?
02:53<orangey>nyquiljer: the amber thing is a SQ staple:
02:53<Ndiin>grey/orange just isnt a color combination I like is all
02:53<orangey>http://tarek.2y.net/myth/tvmenu-1.png
02:54<orangey>Ndiin: dang. that's rough.
02:54<inman>you osd designers should keep in mind that airdates and ratings (and stars, for movies) are going to need some space.
02:54<orangey>Ndiin: Unfortunately, that one ain't chaning
02:54<orangey>changing even
02:54<orangey>inman: i refuse to make any considerations until it is too late!
02:54<Ndiin>inman: thats the one reason I dont like the new layout, it shrinks the available colum space significantly
02:54<Captain_Murdoch>orangey: looks nice.
02:55<Ndiin>inman: so that info has to go in the bottom when selected, instead
02:55<inman>right.
02:55<orangey>Ndiin: note the distinct lack of clutter, though
02:55<orangey>Ndiin: intuitive unfortunately usually costs in detail..
02:55<Ndiin>orangey: I didn't say it should be changed, I just said its not one I like is all (colors, that is)
02:55<Ndiin>yeah
02:55<inman>one thing i hate about the tivo's ui is that i have to go into a new screen to see the airdate of an episode
02:56<Ndiin>although, my mother had problems figuring out which side is active
02:56<orangey>Ndiin: that is plus strange.
02:56<Ndiin>the slight color shift wasn't enough for her
02:56<Ndiin>from white to a light grey
02:56<nyquiljer>first time i saw it it messed with my head as well
02:56<Ndiin>(or vice versa)
02:57<Ndiin>What always screws me up is that it starts on the left
02:57<nyquiljer>course, it doesnt ever look that pretty for me. i dont get the neat shadowing
02:57<orangey>anyhow, any suggestions before I go to sleep?
02:57<inman>i like the disk-space meter, orangey.
02:57<Ndiin>I still think it should start on the right, within All Programs
02:57<orangey>what do you guys think of having the amber ball in 2 places?
02:58<orangey>I thought that it held the potential for adding clutter, but went with the design nonetheless.
02:58<nyquiljer>orangey: could you squeeze it ina few more places?
02:58<orangey>nyquilijer: hahaha.
02:58<orangey>actually, I think I'm going to make the down- and up-arrows reddish, like in the osd editor
02:58<Ndiin>orangey: hmm, What about when the orange ball overlaps the up/down arrows?
02:59<nyquiljer>i dunno if it would look good or not, but what if you made the darker shadowy area kind of amber colored too?
02:59<orangey>Ndiin: not sure that should ever be a problem.
02:59<nyquiljer>orangey: is it tarred up so i can grab it?
02:59<Ndiin>it doesnt highlight the edges, does it.. nm
02:59<orangey>nyquiljer: I've tried that before, but it didn't work out so well.
02:59<orangey>nyquiljer: Give me a moment and I'll pack it up.
02:59<orangey>it needs absolutely the latest CVS, though
02:59<nyquiljer>oh
02:59<nyquiljer>ok
03:01<nyquiljer>i can never remember where i cut/pasted the cvs stuff from last time
03:01<nyquiljer>every time i have to go find it again, and i cant for the life of me find it this time
03:02<nyquiljer>and for some reason its not in my .bash_history
03:02<Ndiin>"cvs up" =P
03:02<Ndiin>it remembers your login shit if you keep the same directory.
03:02<nyquiljer>i think i need some sort of environment variables set or something, which of course i never did
03:02<nyquiljer>oh
03:02<nyquiljer>handy :)
03:03<Ndiin>cvs is one of the most wonderful devel tools.. hehe
03:03<nyquiljer>damn, doesnt work
03:03<orangey>SQ: http://tarek.2y.net/myth/SasQuatch.tar.gz or http://tarek.2y.net/myth/SasQuatch-0.5.2.tar.gz
03:04<nyquiljer>Ndiin: whats your CVSROOT?
03:04<orangey>and as an aside, the red I was talking about would be the same red as in: http://tarek.2y.net/myth/osd-snap3.png
03:04<nyquiljer>never mind
03:04<nyquiljer>i am retarded
03:04<Ndiin>:pserver:mythtv@cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/cvs
03:05<nyquiljer>Ndiin: thanks
03:05<nyquiljer>orangey: where were you thinking of putting them?
03:05<orangey>it's just the shade I want for the down and up arrows.
03:06<orangey>so that they're not also amber..
03:06<orangey>though I'm not sure if that many colours will work together.
03:06<nyquiljer>it feels alittle wierd to me
03:06<nyquiljer>the red with the amber
03:06<orangey>if you have enough recordings, screenshot what it looks like when the ball gets to the bottom.
03:06<orangey>nyquiljer: Yeah. I kinda tingle thinking about it too.
03:07<nyquiljer>thats a mockup, right?
03:07<orangey>which?
03:07<orangey>all of those are actual screen shots
03:07<nyquiljer>oh
03:07<nyquiljer>wow
03:07<nyquiljer>i wish i could get my fonts to not look like ass
03:08<orangey>the tahoma font is in there.. just install it
03:08<nyquiljer>i recompiled qt tonite with xfs support
03:08<nyquiljer>but i cant get it to actually work
03:08<orangey>xfs is also important..
03:08<nyquiljer>everything is still chunky
03:09<nyquiljer>hm. does xfs need to be compiled with aa support?
03:09<nyquiljer>i guess that makes sense
03:09<orangey>not sure.. i don't actually remember compiling it.. : )
03:09<nyquiljer>well, do you use some fancy schmancy distribution?
03:09<nyquiljer>i'm using slackware
03:09<nyquiljer>so if its installed, chances are good i compiled it :)
03:10<orangey>mandrake : )
03:10<Ndiin>There is one line in the code which you need to enable to get good aa, i believe
03:10<Ndiin>I dont remember which off the top of my head, though
03:10<nyquiljer>:)
03:10<nyquiljer>i'll have to check it out tomorrow
03:10<orangey>export QT_XFT=1
03:11<nyquiljer>when compiling qt?
03:11<Ndiin>in xfs I meant..
03:11<Ndiin>lemme check some ebuilds, one sec
03:11<orangey>nyquiljer: No, just before you start the program that you want the purty fonts in
03:11<nyquiljer>oh
03:11<orangey>anyhow, I can't get my arial to look good.
03:11<nyquiljer>oh
03:11<orangey>just install the tahoma as instructed, and I'm sure you'll get it
03:11<nyquiljer>i was loooking for documentation tonite on how to get it all working
03:12<nyquiljer>and i found a custom setup that supposedly fixed the arial stuff
03:12<nyquiljer>oh, hm, i guess its not that great
03:12<nyquiljer># maybe arial looks better like this?:
03:12<nyquiljer>match
03:12<nyquiljer> any family == "Arial"
03:12<nyquiljer> any size > 7
03:12<nyquiljer> any size < 15
03:12<nyquiljer>edit
03:12<nyquiljer> antialias = false;
03:12<nyquiljer>that goes in Xft.conf
03:13<orangey>alright. I gotta get to bed..
03:13<orangey>if you guys have comments, just email me. my email info is in the README
03:13<nyquiljer>ok
03:14<Ndiin>here nyquiljer, from freetype 2.1.3 ebuild:
03:14<Ndiin> # Enable Bytecode Interpreter.
03:14<Ndiin> append-flags "${CFLAGS} -DTT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER"
03:14<orangey>I think you're right.. the up arrow will be a problem..
03:14<Ndiin>And some patches for other tweaks at: # Enable Bytecode Interpreter.
03:14<Ndiin> append-flags "${CFLAGS} -DTT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER"
03:14<Ndiin>er
03:14<Ndiin>http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~dchest/xfthack/
03:14<Ndiin>rather
03:15<nyquiljer>Ndiin: thanks i'll check tha tout
03:15<Ndiin>Okay, time to sleep.
03:15<Ndiin>gnite.
03:15<nyquiljer>doh, segfault entering setup
03:16<nyquiljer>its a bad idea to delete the theme that myth is currently using
03:23<nyquiljer>i wonder if my card just cant do the transparency right?
03:23<orangey>OK, just created a bunch of recordings (phew).. and the way it's setup is such that there is no crash.
03:23<orangey>good stuff..
03:32-!-orangey [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
04:06-!-choenig [~choenig@pD952CD74.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #mythtv
04:41-!-bbeattie [] has quit ["where's a bed...."]
04:51<-- SlayDog(~root@66-108-188-16.nyc.rr.com) has left #mythtv
05:04-!-fgsd [~root@66-108-188-16.nyc.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
05:04-!-fgsd [] has quit [Client Quit]
05:55-!-Edgan [] has quit [calvino.freenode.net irc.freenode.net]
05:56-!-Edgan [edgan@24-205-202-237.rno-cres.charterpipeline.net] has joined #mythtv
06:13-!-rkulagow_ [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
06:14-!-rkulagow_ [~rkulagow@12-207-131-29.client.attbi.com] has joined #mythtv
07:26-!-wigginjs_ [~wigginjs@cae88-73-250.sc.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
07:43-!-wigginjs [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
08:18<wigginjs_>anyone know what this means?
08:18<wigginjs_>Session management error: Could not open network socket
08:18<wigginjs_>I recieve it when I run mythfrontend or mythbackend
08:22-!-wigginjs_ [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
09:51-!-nziarek_ [nziarek@pcp010412pcs.unplugged.mu.edu] has joined #MythTV
09:54<nziarek_>Iulius.2 is available, and I am looking for any comments or suggestions. I already have a list of changes to make, but I wanted to get this out so I could hear what other people thought. http://www.ziarek.com/mythtv/iulius.zip
09:55<nziarek_>it includes the menu, playback/delete graphics and a new OSD
10:07<nziarek_>oh yeah, it includes a GPL font, too, so it weighs in at a whopping 900K =)
10:08<mdz_>does anyone posting suggestions to mythtv-dev actually use mythtv?
10:09<nziarek_>mdz_: I read some of those and think the same thing =)
10:10<mdz_>certainly they haven't looked at the source code
10:10<mdz_>but I think they haven't even run it
10:16<nziarek_>theme folk: in the theme.xml file, i changed the name of the font from Arial to dustismo, which is in the iulius directory, but it didn't seem to change it. in the OSD code, i had to spcify a filename (<filename>blah.ttf</filename>) Does that need to be done somewhere in the theme code to update the menus
10:18<nziarek_>to clarify, there is a fontname tag in the theme file, but it doesn't seem to be asking for a filename
10:26<mdz_>bingo
10:26<mdz_>that guy had never run mythtv
10:27<mdz_>new FAQ entry: Q: I have this idea for how mythtv should do something; what should I do? A: First, install and use mythtv and see if it already does it.
10:29-!-thor [~thor@208.185.11.34] has joined #mythtv
10:30-!-nziarek_ [] has quit [calvino.freenode.net irc.freenode.net]
10:30-!-Ndiin [] has quit [calvino.freenode.net irc.freenode.net]
10:30-!-Captain_Murdoch [] has quit [calvino.freenode.net irc.freenode.net]
10:30-!-Chutt [] has quit [calvino.freenode.net irc.freenode.net]
10:30-!-Justin_ [] has quit [calvino.freenode.net irc.freenode.net]
10:37-!-nziarek_ [nziarek@pcp010412pcs.unplugged.mu.edu] has joined #mythtv
10:37-!-Ndiin [ruler@ip68-3-77-245.ph.ph.cox.net] has joined #mythtv
10:37-!-Captain_Murdoch [~buy_more_@ip68-107-147-80.hr.hr.cox.net] has joined #mythtv
10:37-!-Chutt [~ijr@dsl093-011-148.cle1.dsl.speakeasy.net] has joined #mythtv
10:37-!-Justin_ [~justin@H233-225.STATE.RESNET.ALBANY.EDU] has joined #mythtv
10:38<Chutt>nziarek, well, for that stuff, you can't just give it a font file
10:38<Chutt>the Qt code needs to have the font installed in X
10:39<nziarek_>oh; alright that makes sense. i'll include a little read me in the file that says to install the dustismo font(s). Is that acceptable to require?
10:40<Chutt>can you make the fontname there in the ui.xml file be something like dustismo,Arial
10:40<Chutt>i think that'll fall back
10:40<nziarek_>sure
10:42<nziarek_>actually, I am at work, and I forgot that Windows does funny things to text files. I'll do it first thing tonight, though.
10:42<Chutt>cool
10:44<Chutt>where'd you get the font?
10:45<nziarek_>http://www.cheapskatefonts.com/ - i want to add a little txt file in there that mentions the site so he gets credit for it
10:46<Chutt>the menus don't seem to display the 'Myth' bit, just the 'television' title
10:46<nziarek_>damn - i forgot about that...another thing to fix tonight, and i knew about that one!
10:47<Chutt>are you planning on customizing the playback stuff a little more? =)
10:47<nziarek_>yes :)
10:47<Chutt>cool
10:47<nziarek_>but i've ben working on the OSD, and I wanted to get this out
10:47<nziarek_>need to give orangey a little competition :)
10:48<Chutt>heh
10:49-!-hfb [~hbarrett@lsanca1-ar2-4-60-005-210.lsanca1.dsl-verizon.net] has joined #mythtv
10:49<Chutt>hrm
10:49<Chutt>i haven't run filldb in awhile
10:49<Chutt>no data =)
10:49<thor>cron?
10:50<Chutt>i don't have it cronned
10:50<Chutt>nziarek, the dialog seems to be a bit weird
10:50<Chutt>(in the osd)
10:52<nziarek_>is it off the screen on the left?
10:52<Chutt>yup
10:52<nziarek_>yeah, i thought I'd like it; i don't either :)
10:52<nziarek_>i am changing it tonight, along with adding graphics instead of rectangles for the selections
10:52<Chutt>cool
10:53<Chutt>for the edit mode stuff
10:53<Chutt>if you really wanted to, you could have that little usage explanation
10:53<nziarek_>you mean the "red for this, blue for this"?
10:54<Chutt>yeah
10:54<Chutt>just a .png, and you can make textarea's that just display given text
10:55<nziarek_>were you planning on making manual and automatic edited sections different colors?
10:55<Chutt>nope
10:56<nziarek_>i think i will make that PNG; maybe even just make the current one a little taller
11:01<Chutt>i don't know if i like that font in the osd
11:02<nziarek_>all of it, or just the numbers?
11:02<Chutt>the numbers
11:02<nziarek_>i was going to see how hard it was to edit those
11:02<nziarek_>cause I don't like the hangy-ness of them
11:02<Chutt>and the time (11:02) is really difficult to read
11:03<nziarek_>it squishes 1's together
11:03<Chutt>yup
11:03<nziarek_>that'll be one of the first things to go; if you know of a good place to find GPL fonts, I am all ears
11:04<nziarek_>or, if you know of a peice of software that'll allow me to edit this one, i am listening too :)
11:04<Chutt>don't like the one that's the default?
11:04<nziarek_>just never been a big fan of arial ;) I can always default to it until I find a free one I like
11:04<Chutt>the default osd isn't arial
11:04<Chutt>there's a ttf that it installs
11:05<nziarek_>oh yeah, i do remember that now; i'll look at it again. to be honest, I found this dustimo font at work and i didn't look back - bad design practice, falling in love with a font :)
11:06<Chutt>heh
11:09-!-StarHeart [edgan@64-42-21-228.atgi.net] has joined #mythtv
11:19<moegreen>Chutt: am I still on the commit list? I haven't received a message in a while
11:19<moegreen>4/1/03 to be exact
11:19<Chutt>lemme check
11:20<Chutt>you seem to be
11:20<Chutt>digest mode, though
11:20<Chutt>johndanner@psu.edu
11:20<Chutt>right?
11:20<moegreen>yeah
11:31<moegreen>Chutt: any ideas?
11:32<Chutt>i've asked the guy that runs the list to look into it
11:33<moegreen>ok, thanks...no big deal. Did you commit the changes to the uitypes and xmlparse files?
11:33<Chutt>yup
11:34<moegreen>Chutt: did you update the playbackbox then too? (I assume)
11:35<Chutt>think so, yeah
11:42<Chutt>moegreen, apparently, the mail server at psu.edu has been accepting commits mail, he's got logs of successful mailings from yesterday
11:43<moegreen>Chutt: alright...I'll contact them, thanks
11:51<moegreen>http://www.untzuntz.com/mythtv/testing/newfinder2.jpg
11:51<moegreen>hehe
11:52<Chutt>nice
11:52<nziarek_>slick
11:53<Ndiin>Chutt: that bt that jasonmiller posted.. is it possible that Buffer's constructor isn't able to malloc() successfully in some cases?
11:53<Ndiin>So when it tries to delete, it goes boom
11:54<moegreen>mdz: 'I knew that would make me look like an ass someday' <- nice work :)
11:54<thor>Ndiin, it's a nasty little bug
11:55<Ndiin>thor: indeed
11:56<moegreen>nziarek_: you've got your ui.xml work cut out for you :)
11:56<thor>I'm going to try and track it down later today
11:56<nziarek_>moegreen: i bet :) it has taken me three days on the OSD, and it still has far to go :)
11:57<Ndiin>it'd be a ton easier to figure out if I could get the stupid thing to crash when in gdb ;)
11:58<thor>I've done it a couple of time ... hold down arrow down (w/ acclerators) for a while then do some UP/DOWN for a while. It goes eventually.
11:58<Chutt>well
11:58<Ndiin>yeah, I was doing that yesterday for awhile..
11:58<Ndiin>didnt crash once
11:58<Chutt>that _is_ an incorrect delete in buffer.h
11:58<Chutt>should be delete [] buffer;
11:58<Chutt>but..
11:59<thor>As usual, Chutt figured it out before I understood the problem.
11:59<Chutt>but that shouldn't make it segfault
11:59<thor>just leak ... ?
12:00<Chutt>i dunno
12:00<Ndiin>unless its leaking so damn much that it can no longer malloc?
12:00<Chutt>don't think so
12:00* Ndiinshrugs
12:00<Chutt>make the change and see if it's no longer reproducible =)
12:00<thor>will do
12:00<Chutt>but i don't think that'll be it
12:01<thor>Someone had a complaint about very slow feedback, anyone else seen/heard that?
12:01<Chutt>not me
12:02<Ndiin>thor: Playback mode, edit playlist has slow feedback
12:02<thor>really?
12:02<Ndiin>yeah, takes like half a second to move
12:02<Ndiin>select music is speedy as hell, though
12:02<Chutt>it's the same code
12:02<Ndiin>I know
12:03<Ndiin>it's quite strange.
12:03<Chutt>thor, ever seen it pop up 2 vis modes?
12:03<thor>2 modes, no (but old bitmap for one sec when launching vis)
12:04<thor>but haven't been watching a window list
12:07<thor>Ndiin, is it slow for you all the time (select from within paying). I've never had a problem with that (just playing with it now)
12:08-!-Ndiin [] has quit ["BitchX-1.0c19 -- just do it."]
12:12-!-Ndiin [ruler@ip68-3-77-245.ph.ph.cox.net] has joined #mythtv
12:13<Ndiin>heh, openoffice locked me up hard, or something.
12:13<thor>Ndiin, is it slow for you all the time (select from within paying). I've never had a problem with that (just playing with it now)
12:14<Ndiin>I never use that mode, the only reason I even checked is because I recalled it being like that when it was segfaulting with the new cd checking code
12:14<Ndiin>but its still slow even though thats fixed, apparently.
12:16<thor>Chutt, this couldn't be one of those rare "Don't mix malloc and new" weirdness thingy's, could it?
12:23<Chutt>where's it mixing malloc and new?
12:25<Chutt>bah
12:25<Chutt>Rescheduled Delivery: Apr 9, 2003
12:25<Chutt>silly ups
12:26<thor>it isn't (thor is looking at backtraces and making up code)
12:26<Chutt>ah =)
12:26<mdz_>moegreen: what's this about looking like an ass?
12:27<Chutt>the guy that was trying to reinvent thor's remotelineedit stuff
12:27<Chutt>responding to you, iirc
12:27<Chutt>=)
12:29<moegreen>mdz_: Yeah, it was something that guy said about himself in regards to your comment about how MythTV already has the RemoteLineEdit widget.
12:30<thor>Chutt, is that reschduled delivery the Hauppauge PVR?
12:30<Chutt>yup
12:30<thor>Darn ...
12:30<Chutt>oh well
12:40<Ndiin>moegreen: hehe, I was trying to point out the same thing to that guy with my first response.. didnt come out well, though.
12:41<mdz_>moegreen: oh, heh
12:42<Chutt>blah
12:43<Chutt>stupid xmltv and it's version checking
12:45<thor>I have a back trace on a debugging version of playback that succesfully crashed ... may be a QMutex problem ... anyone want to see the bt?
12:45<Chutt>sure
12:45<thor>hang on (ftp'ing)
12:48<thor>[New Thread 338251 (LWP 5358)]
12:48<thor>[New Thread 339276 (LWP 5359)]
12:48<thor>[New Thread 340301 (LWP 5360)]
12:48<thor>Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
12:48<thor>[Switching to Thread 1024 (LWP 5025)]
12:48<thor>0x408cda77 in QMutex::lock () from /usr/local/src/qt/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
12:48<thor>Current language: auto; currently c
12:48<thor>(gdb) bt
12:48<thor>#0 0x408cda77 in QMutex::lock () from /usr/local/src/qt/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
12:48<thor>#1 0x080661f1 in Decoder::setInput (this=0x842aca8, i=0x83cbec8) at decoder.cpp:35
12:48<thor>#2 0x08097204 in VorbisDecoderFactory::create (this=0x8404f08, file=@0xbfffe688, input=0x83cbec8,
12:48<thor> deletable=false) at vorbisdecoder.cpp:411
12:48-!-thor [] has quit [Excess Flood]
12:48-!-thor [~thor@208.185.11.34] has joined #mythtv
12:49<thor>hmmm ... perhaps I need a better irc client
12:49<Chutt>still in the gdb session?
12:49<thor>yes
12:49<Chutt>what's the value for mutex in frame #1?
12:50<thor>you say that like I understand how gdb works ...
12:50<Chutt>hrm
12:50<Chutt>nm
12:50<Ndiin>gdb is your friend ;)
12:50<Chutt>'up'
12:50<Chutt>'print mutex'
12:50<Chutt>won't work, though
12:50<Chutt>well, it'll work, but that's not it
12:51<thor>$1 = &Decoder::mutex(void)
13:06-!-jungle [~jungle@0x503ed324.abnxx7.adsl-dhcp.tele.dk] has joined #mythtv
13:20<moegreen>Chutt: doesn't seem like you commited those xmlparse changes :)
13:21<Ndiin>I see one commit about xmlparse from chutt, log message is just "adding iostream" though
13:22<Chutt>there
13:23<moegreen>thanks
13:24<Chutt>really minor stuff
13:25<moegreen>yeah, just wanted to make sure the progfind compiled with it
13:25<Chutt>ah, right
13:26-!-Ndiin [] has quit ["My damn controlling terminal disappeared!"]
13:28-!-jungle [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
13:36-!-Ndiin [ruler@ip68-3-77-245.ph.ph.cox.net] has joined #mythtv
13:40<thor>Chutt, ok if I quit this gdb session
13:40<Chutt>sure
13:40<Chutt>sorry
13:41<thor>no prob .. I'll do a little couting and see if I can figure anything out
13:46<mdz_>hey nothing works and I didn't change anything
13:47<mdz_>except reinstall every piece of software on my system and change my hostname
13:48<Chutt>i should write a little helper app to change the hostname of everything that needs to be changed in the db
13:52<thor>Chutt, I'm a little confused as to why you define mutex() as a pointer to mtx
13:52<thor>Is there subtlety to mutex()->lock() as opposed to mtx.lock()
13:53<thor>never mind
13:53<Chutt>that's the mq3 code
13:53<Chutt>ie, i didn't write it =)
13:53<thor>yeah ... define variable private, put public method
14:17-!-choenig [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
14:17-!-choenig [~choenig@pD952CD74.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #mythtv
14:33<nziarek_>in thinking about the graphics for the playback screen, etc, do you think "select a recording" needs to be said, or should it assumed?
14:34<nziarek_>just looking for opinions if anyone has one.
14:36<moegreen>I guess you don't have to, but it will look just like the delete recordings screen unless you have the delete message on that screen
14:37<nziarek_>good point...i am just having a hard time finding space for it; things are getting cluttered again and I was trying to think how nessessary it was
14:37<moegreen>But...that's why I made it up to you :)
14:38<moegreen>nziarek_: I assume you saw my commit about the program finder, so you'll need stuff for that too :) I've updated the ui.xml on my website for iulius
14:39<nziarek_>i did see that; that is part of what I am thinking about: i have it right now like "tv: choose a recording..."
14:39<nziarek_>but, if we make those for everything, it feels like we are just wasting space
14:40<nziarek_>or I am just wasting space, i guess :)
14:40<moegreen>nziarek: you mean the an icon in the upper left corner for each of these screens?
14:41<moegreen>(the 'tv:' I assume is a tv icon)
14:41<nziarek_>moegreen: more like this: http://www.ziarek.com/mythtv/oldsite/images/liquid-to-iulius/new/iulius-playback.png
14:41<nziarek_>the titling on each page
14:42<moegreen>well, what else are you going to use the space for?
14:42<Chutt>moegreen, hey, does your pvr-250 have a fan on it?
14:43<moegreen>Chutt: it has a heat sink, but no fan
14:43<Chutt>ok, just curious
14:43<Chutt>was wondering if it'll make things louder once i get it is all =)
14:44<Chutt>you know if the remote works in linux?
14:44<moegreen>Chutt: no, but I can't wait to get the cleaner picture from the 250
14:45<moegreen>Chutt: I didn't try the remote because I already had my remote setup.
14:45<moegreen>looks like they have updated the driver again
15:00-!-PhracturedBlue [~tcpaiqgvn@cs6668127-96.austin.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
15:00-!-PBlue_away [] has quit [Read error: 111 (Connection refused)]
15:10<inman>anyone see my email to dev and have a quick answer?
15:11<Chutt>that's just how it's generating chanids
15:11<inman>so an enterprising coder could fix it.
15:11<Chutt>yup
15:11<inman>just checking.
15:13<inman>Chutt: the remote works under linux; it's identical (except for the extra buttons) to the black wintv remote, afaik.
15:13<Chutt>ah, ok
15:14<inman>i haven't set it up either, though. :-)
15:15-!-Chang [~coffman@fw.pqbs.com] has joined #mythtv
15:35-!-Chang [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
16:37-!-Timon [~chatzilla@157-11-237-24.gci.net] has joined #mythtv
16:40<Timon>rkulagow_: You around?
17:17-!-keyhack [] has quit ["Client Exiting"]
17:50-!-wigginjs [~wigginjs@cae88-73-250.sc.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
17:51<rkulagow_>Timon: I'm here, but not for long.
17:51<Timon>Your the documetation maintainer right?
17:51<rkulagow_>for the most part, yes.
17:52<Timon>I had a suggestion. You have general .lircrc script up. What about putting something about the directive repeat =
17:52<Timon>?
17:53<rkulagow_>for repeating the key commands, like volume, etc, correct?
17:53<Timon>Because I know it fustrated me that I couldn't get irxevent to repeat keys. I scoured all the docs that came with lirc and didn't see anything, until I noticed it on the web site in some obscure area
17:53<Timon>Yeah
17:53<Timon>Volume, channel etc
17:54<rkulagow_>send me a link to the example and i'll check it out and update as required. sound ok?
17:54<Timon>begin
17:54<Timon> prog = irxevent
17:54<Timon> button = Right
17:54<Timon> repeat = 7
17:54<Timon> config = Key Right CurrentWindow
17:54<Timon>end
17:54<wigginjs>Timon: what kind of reciever are you using?
17:54<Timon>Thats my example
17:54<Timon>I have a packbell ir reciever
17:54<wigginjs>=)
17:54<wigginjs>whats the 7 mean?
17:54<Timon>The repeat = 7 tells it to only repeat every 7 times
17:55<wigginjs>any way to set it to indefinate?
17:55<Timon>You can tweak it be faster or slower depending on your prefs.
17:55<Timon>Yeah, repeat = 1
17:55<Timon>But that repeats wayt o fast
17:55<wigginjs>so this means when you HOLD the button, it'll repeat the key
17:55<wigginjs>?
17:56<Timon>with repeat = 7 it tells irxevent that every seventh keypress it recieves from lircd to perform the command for. Not every seventh time you press the key :-)
17:56<Timon>Yup
17:56<Timon>wigginjs: Try it out, edit your lircrc and add that line. I'm sure you'll find as I did that with repeat = 1 it was way to fast
17:57<wigginjs>well, i would, but actually i'm trying to get lirc to WORK right now
17:57<Timon>whats your prob with it?
17:57<wigginjs>well, i'm using the homebrew reciever on com2, i get this message when i load lirc_serial
17:57<wigginjs>/lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk/kernel/3rdparty/lirc/lirc_serial.o.gz: init_module: Input/output error
17:57<wigginjs>Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
17:57<wigginjs> You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
17:57<wigginjs>modprobe: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk/kernel/3rdparty/lirc/lirc_serial.o.gz failed
17:58<rkulagow_>Timon: i'll play with the values and see what works out. thanks.
17:58<wigginjs>and mode2 returns this message
17:58<wigginjs>This program is only intended for receivers supporting the pulse/space layer.
17:58<wigginjs>Note that this is no error, but this program simply makes no sense for your
17:58<wigginjs>receiver.
17:58<Timon>rkulagow_: It depends on the persons hardware
17:58<Timon>wigginjs: Did you make sure to unload the one kernel serial driver? :-)
17:58<wigginjs>i used the setserial command if thats what you mean
17:59<Timon>Yeah
18:00<Timon>someone pasted the command here yesterday for ulimit to keep the core file. Anyone know the params for it?
18:00<Timon>man ulimit returns squat
18:01<inman>ulimit -c unlimited
18:01<inman>read: -c(ore) <max filesize>
18:01-!-TheAsp [asp@CDR13-117.accesscable.net] has joined #mythtv
18:02<inman>ulimit is a shell builtin; hence the missing manual.
18:02<inman>see `man bash`, etc.
18:02<TheAsp>3allow
18:02<Timon>ahh, ok
18:02<inman>4deny
18:02<TheAsp>help ulimit . . .
18:02<TheAsp>:P
18:02<Timon>I had ulimit -l not -c
18:03<Timon>Argh, of course after I get that directive set, it won't crash :-)
18:03<TheAsp>Timon: thats how it works
18:04<Timon>woot it cored!
18:08<TheAsp>yay!
18:09<TheAsp>MinFree: 100 CurFree: 1141 ... soooooo clooooooooose!
18:09<moegreen>TheAsp: are you still recording to test your new auto delete stuff?
18:09<TheAsp>yup
18:10<TheAsp>i set it higher to test, but had the actual deletion part turned off...
18:10<TheAsp>now ive watched the shows its supposed to delete first :P
18:10<moegreen>oh, heh ... good luck :)
18:12<TheAsp>this snl sucks but im resisting my urge to delete it
18:12<Timon>hah
18:13<poptix>Chutt: no pvr-250 today?
18:13<TheAsp>aswell as factually incorrect....
18:21-!-StarHeart [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
18:29-!-choenig [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
18:35<TheAsp>check this out.... http://www.legis.state.de.us/LIS/LIS142.NSF/f556a29ba75ed31c85256a68006c5e83/4b9f2be3ec968ee785256cfc0058d668/$FILE/Legis.html
18:35<TheAsp>aparently it passed
18:36<TheAsp>err
18:36<TheAsp>woops
18:41<Timon>whats the legislation?
18:42<TheAsp>state of delaware wont pay for any elected official or school for trips to canada or something like that
18:42<Timon>hahaha, thats a funny piece of legislation
18:42<Timon>for the duration of operation iraqi freedomo
18:43<TheAsp>aparently canadians are being attacked in the us for driving around with canadian plates
18:43<thor>careful, there are Canadians watching (we live among you)
18:43<Timon>thor: Your a canuck?
18:43-!-StarHeart [edgan@64-42-21-228.atgi.net] has joined #mythtv
18:43-!-StarHeart [] has quit [Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer)]
18:44<thor>Yuo
18:44<Timon>didn't know that.
18:44<TheAsp>I am canadian
18:44<thor>Ah, the plan is coming together nicely ....
18:44<TheAsp>:P
18:44-!-StarHeart [edgan@64-42-21-228.atgi.net] has joined #mythtv
18:44<Timon>I sat on the wrong side of a dos attack many years ago for saying canadians were commies
18:45<Timon>:-)
18:45<thor>Haevn't lived there for 10 years, but its still my only passport
18:49-!-orangey [~orangey@dsl-207-112-57-48.tor.primus.ca] has joined #mythtv
18:50<Timon>you in the us right now?
18:50<thor>DC
18:51<Timon>ugh. I couldn't stand to live there
18:51<thor>bad when you can't even vote
18:51<orangey>hahahah
18:51<Timon>Its to much of a police state
18:52<orangey>Timon: you've got options.
18:52<thor>Depends on the neighbourhood ... horribly segregated
18:52<Timon>orangey: I don't live in DC. I would never live in DC. You can't even have guns in DC
18:52<orangey>Timon: are you a texan?
18:52<Timon>hahaha, no :-)
18:52<Timon>Alaskan
18:53<orangey>your definition of guns is probably different from the mainstream
18:53<Timon>what do you mean?
18:53<orangey>alaskans consider guns to be something that they live with and use..
18:53<Timon>Gun: Rifle, Pistol, Assult Rifle
18:53<thor>MOAB
18:53<orangey>so, you hunt with it, etc.
18:53<Timon>Not all alaskans. Not the liberals :-)
18:53<gora>/join #e
18:54<orangey>but in the "lower 48", guns are all about protection from an imagined threat.
18:54<Timon>imagined threat? What about the imagined threat that kidnapped Jessica Smart?
18:54<orangey>you must be joking.
18:55<thor>guys, I think this is getting a weeee bit off topic ...
18:55<Timon>No, I'm not. I own my guns for 1) Hunting 2) Bear protections when I'm out fishing and 3) Home Protection
18:55<Timon>Yeah, probably :-)
18:55<orangey>thor: http://tarek.2y.net/myth/tvmenu-3.png
18:55<Timon>orangey: I'll talk to you in private about it if you'd like
18:56<orangey>Timon: if you didn't have a gun, the guy trying to rob you wouldn't need a gun to feel that he can rob you..
18:56<orangey>imagine britain.
18:56<orangey>true or false: nobody in britain has a handgun, not even the police.
18:56<TheAsp>orangey: nice.
18:56<orangey>true.
18:56<Timon>Yeah, britian has a high crime rate
18:56<TheAsp>sasq?
18:56<thor>orangey, wow nice theme
18:56<thor>err screenshot
18:56<thor>very OS X-ish, which is good
18:57<orangey>yeah, it's sasq 0.5.2
18:57<Timon>orangey: Thats a myth. The criminals have guns.
18:57<orangey>it's on the site if you want it.
18:57<TheAsp>cool
18:57<Timon>Outlaw guns, and ONLY the outlaws have guns
18:57<StarHeart>orangey: That might be true if you said had one legally. I am sure many people have them illegally.
18:57<TheAsp>how recent cvs is needed?
18:57<thor>police have guns in Britain, just not those on a walking beat (lived in London for 4 years)
18:57<orangey>Timon: true or false: the number of gun-related homocides in britain per capita is a fraction of the american rate.
18:57<StarHeart>Timon: even the non-criminals probably have some, unless you consider them criminal for just having it
18:57<TheAsp>Timon: outlaw guns, and there wont be a market for guns, and they wont be stolen and used by 14yo punks and little kids at school
18:58<moegreen>orangey: that looks good - any wasn't that easy to do? :)
18:58<orangey>AND YET, the American Hawks will have us believe that there is NO LINK between HAVING A GUN and SHOOTING SOMEBODY WITH A GUN and NOT HAVING A GUN and NOT SHOOTING SOMEBODY WITH IT.
18:58<StarHeart>TheAsp: haha, outlaw guns and there will still be a market for them
18:58<Timon>theasp, there are ways to make guns.
18:58<orangey>to make such a link is to be a communist and a fool.
18:58<TheAsp>Yes, i know
18:58<orangey>moegreen: it was.
18:58<orangey>moegreen: thanks
18:58<orangey>alright, I'm outie
18:58<StarHeart>Timon: It wouldn't be like you couldn't go to Mexico and get a gun
18:59<Timon>StarHeart: I know.
18:59<Timon>orangey: Facts and statistics are misleading. They can be skewed in any direction to fit anyones point of view.
18:59<thor>orangey, is that URL a mockup, or working theme?
19:00<Timon>Do peopel get killed with guns? Yes Do people get killed with knives? Yes do people get killed with baseball bats? Yes. So what do we do then, outlaw all the guns, knives and baseball bats because someone could hurt another person with them?
19:00<TheAsp>you need a sasqdark :P
19:00<StarHeart>Timon: Better outlaw arms and legs while you are at it.
19:00<Timon>StarHeart: No shit.
19:01<thor>Sorry, from where?
19:01<StarHeart>Timon: We would all have to be quadpedics to be safe
19:01<thor>sasqdark
19:01<Timon>hahaha
19:05<TheAsp>ARGH.
19:05<TheAsp>i deleted a show i just watched by accident
19:06<TheAsp>now i have to wait another 2 1/2 hours
19:06<moegreen>TheAsp: why not just subtract some amount off of what is returned by your free space function?
19:06<Timon>TheAsp: Why not use the manual record functionality to just record a snippet of the show?
19:06<TheAsp>i could
19:07<TheAsp>but i wanted a real life test
19:07<TheAsp>not that anything different would go wrong
19:07<TheAsp>though it was one of the programs i was hoping to delete
19:07<TheAsp>with autodelete
19:08<thor>TheAsp, sorry to bother you about this, but where is sasqdark ?
19:08<TheAsp>i will have more time to stop it if it goes nuts...
19:08<TheAsp>there is none
19:08<TheAsp>there should be
19:12<wigginjs>Timon: you still around?
19:12<Timon>wigginjs: up
19:12<Timon>err yup
19:12<wigginjs>Timon: you mind if I ask you a few questions concerning lirc? I'm still stuck
19:13<Timon>shoot newt
19:14<wigginjs>well, I guess the way I know there is a problem is that when I run 'mode2 -d /dev/lircd' it return 'mode2: error opening /dev/lircd
19:14<wigginjs>mode2: No such device'
19:14<Timon>did you symlink things properly?
19:15<wigginjs>lr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 10 Apr 8 09:14 lirc -> /dev/ttyS1
19:15<wigginjs>srw-rw-rw- 1 root root 0 Apr 8 19:13 lircd=
19:15<wigginjs>prw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Apr 8 09:14 lircm|
19:15<wigginjs>thats what I've got
19:15<Timon>ie ln -s /dev/ttyS? /dev/lircd (or is the order switched?)
19:15<Timon>lemme see what I got
19:15<Timon>crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 61, 0 Apr 2 04:54 lirc
19:15<Timon>srw-rw-rw- 1 root root 0 Apr 8 12:21 lircd=
19:15<Timon>prw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Apr 2 21:18 lircm|
19:16<Timon>Interesting, it actually created a device for it.
19:16<wigginjs>i'm using devfs if that makes any difference
19:16<Timon>try removing the symlink
19:16<wigginjs>ok
19:16<Timon>I'm not, I don't know what difference it would make if it would
19:17<Timon>try creating a char dev for lirc. I'll paste the command in a sec
19:17<wigginjs>ok
19:17<Timon>mknod lirc c 61
19:18* TheAspsets out to build sasqdark
19:18<wigginjs>[root@localhost dev]# mknod lirc c 61
19:18<wigginjs>mknod: wrong number of arguments
19:19<Timon>mknod lirc c 61 0
19:19<wigginjs>=)
19:20<wigginjs>holy shit
19:20<wigginjs>that fixed it
19:20<wigginjs>mode2 returns output when I point a remote at it
19:20<wigginjs>unbelievable =)
19:20<Timon>sweet
19:20<wigginjs>big thanks man
19:20<moegreen>TheAsp: I think there is a greensquatch, or there was
19:20<Timon>np man
19:21<Timon>wigginjs: You want my .lircrc file?
19:21<Timon>I got it pretty pimped out
19:21<wigginjs>=)
19:21<wigginjs>sure, paste it in a private msg
19:21<wigginjs>i don't think my dcc is working
19:21<Timon>hahah, I was just about to say the same damn thing :-)
19:21<wigginjs>hahaha
19:27<orangey>thor: it's a working theme.
19:28<TheAsp>ohhyeah, sasqdark. :P
19:28<orangey>sasqdark?
19:28<orangey>I don't get it.
19:28<TheAsp>a dark version of sasquatch
19:28<orangey>hehe : ) where is the dark version?
19:28<TheAsp>uh
19:29<Timon>wigginjs: You there?
19:29<Timon>can someone message wigginjs and see if he responds. I think he has a flood detection script with blacklisted me
19:30<orangey><Timon> can someone message wigginjs and see if he responds. I think he has a flood detection script with blacklisted me
19:31<Timon>thanks orangey
19:31<orangey>no problem.
19:33<orangey>TheAsp: how long did it take you to do this? : )
19:34<TheAsp>between the time i said iw as going to make it and i said it lives?
19:35<orangey>hehehehe. well, it's nicely composed.
19:36<TheAsp>i only changed thhe background :)
19:36<orangey>still very cool.
19:53-!-wigginjs [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
20:00-!-StarHeart [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
20:01-!-wigginjs [~wigginjs@cae88-73-250.sc.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
20:01<wigginjs>Timon: i thought for some reason a reboot might help
20:01<wigginjs>no such luck
20:01<Timon>haha
20:01<Timon>This isn't windows. you don't have to reboot when you make a change :-)
20:02<wigginjs>yea, i know, i thought it might have something to do with the order in which the modules were loaded or something
20:02<wigginjs>i dunno
20:02<wigginjs>google turns up like, 3 posts from people about the same thing, but no solutions for it
20:02<Timon>your screwed ;-)
20:03<wigginjs>i know right
20:07-!-hfb [] has quit ["Huh! Wasn't me!"]
20:12-!-PeteCool [~pete@modemcable019.237-201-24.mtl.mc.videotron.ca] has joined #mythtv
20:14<PeteCool>orangey: did you get some time to make a new SasQuatch with playback screens?
20:15-!-Ripp [~ripp@209.194.224.236] has joined #mythtv
20:16<moegreen>PeteCool: http://tarek.2y.net/myth/tvmenu-3.png
20:18<TheAsp>moegreen: want sasquatch-dark?
20:18<TheAsp>:)
20:18<moegreen>TheAsp: do you have a screenshot?
20:19<moegreen>hopefully the theme designers will come up with something neat for the program finder.
20:21<nyquiljer>i made some changes the other night to mythweb and added a button next to to delete button to 'export' the show, or create a symlink to it with a sensible filename in another directory so you can easily convert them. anyone interested?
20:25-!-orangey_ [~orangey@dsl-207-112-57-48.tor.primus.ca] has joined #mythtv
20:26-!-orangey [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
20:30<Timon>nyquiljer: create a patch and submit it to mythtv-dev@snowman.net
20:31<nyquiljer>anyone know where i can find the source for xfs? all i am finding is xfstt and jornaling filesystem stuff
20:33<nyquiljer>or is that part of x now?
20:36<PeteCool>nyquiljer: In gentoo it's part of the X package, so it should be part of X now I think
20:36<PeteCool>nyquiljer: why do you need that?
20:49<inman>nyquiljer: i don't need xfs to get nice AA, but i /think/ emerging xft-1 may have helped.
20:59<nyquiljer>PeteCool: i dont, i am just really tired and not thinking clearly
20:59<nyquiljer>yeh, i did mean xft
21:00<nyquiljer>but i dont need it anymore, i grabbed the lib from my desktop box
21:00<nyquiljer>which does aa
21:00<nyquiljer>its probably not a good idea to configure things when really tired
21:01<TheAsp>moegreen: ack, sorry, no :P
21:02<TheAsp>just imagine it with a dark background
21:02<TheAsp>:P
21:05<nyquiljer>what color depth do you all run myth at?
21:05<nyquiljer>i'm trying to troubleshoot my lack of shadows in the watch/delete screen
21:08<moegreen>16-bit, are you using the transparent boxes (on by default)?
21:12<nyquiljer>i've tried it both ways
21:12<nyquiljer>and some of the pngs in menu themes look really crappy too
21:12<nyquiljer>they look like they have no antialiasing on shadows
21:14<moegreen>nyquiljer: are you using a frame buffer device or an X11 driver?
21:17<Timon>Argh, anyone know whats up with this: tv_play.cpp:1519: no matching function for call to `QValueVector<QString>::count()'
21:17<Timon>Line 1519: cout << "count := " << channame_vector.count();
21:18<thor>did you put in that cout, or is it in CVS
21:19<moegreen>Timon: you might want to try .size()
21:19<Timon>thor: Me
21:19<Timon>moegreen: I'll try that
21:19<Timon>heres the tyepdef for it:
21:19<Timon>cout << "count := " << channame_vector.count();
21:19<Timon>err typedef QValueVector<QString> PrevChannelVector;
21:19<Timon> PrevChannelVector channame_vector;
21:20<moegreen>well the QValueVector doesn't have a count() function, http://doc.trolltech.com/3.0/qvaluevector.html
21:20<thor>ValueLists have count (if they're typedef'd), I don't think ValueVector's do
21:20<-- nziarek(~nathanzia@CPE-24-167-222-150.wi.rr.com) has left #mythtv
21:20<Timon>size_type QValueVector::count () const
21:21<thor>Qt 3.?
21:21<Timon>thats from the same doc
21:21<Timon>3.0
21:21<Timon>http://doc.trolltech.com/3.1/qvaluevector.html
21:21<Timon>ARGH
21:21<Timon>I'm looking at the 3.1 docs
21:21<moegreen>heh
21:21<inman>that has bitten me a couple times.
21:22<thor>b t, d t, got the tshirt
21:22<Timon>stupid google link :-)
21:22<inman>gotta keep whining to Chutt to make qt-3.1 a prereq. ;-)
21:23<Timon>inman: I tried to install qt 3.1 on my mandrake 9 box, it was so pooched :-)
21:23<inman>works fine for me on gentoo.
21:23<Timon>well, what do you know. . . QT 3.0 doesn't have a count method for QValueVector
21:24<inman>from what i've read here, mandrake 9 is a disaster.
21:24<Timon>:-)
21:24<Timon>There are some quirks. But for the most part it works fine.
21:24<Timon>I'm actually thinking about going to gentoo
21:24<Timon>But, It'll have to wait until I kill my box again :-)
21:28<Timon>Who was I talking to last night about the channel history functionality?
21:29<inman>me?
21:29<Timon>I thought it was you.
21:29<Timon>I'm about 40% done with the functionality
21:31<nyquiljer>moegreen: x11 driver
21:32<moegreen>nyquiljer: Did you determine your bpp setting?
21:32<nyquiljer>well, i knew tha tone all along, at its 16 also
21:33<nyquiljer>ack, my typing is worse tonight
21:33<moegreen>nyquiljer: are you using the cvs version?
21:34-!-Edgan [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
21:35<nyquiljer>yes, but it did it in 0.8 as well
21:35<nyquiljer>er
21:36<nyquiljer>i dont remmeber if 0.8 had that style of fileselector or not
21:36<nyquiljer>but in any case, every cvs version ive used has been like this
21:37<moegreen>nyquiljer: can you try and go into the setup->Appearance and on the second page set the fill method to 'image'
21:37<nyquiljer>sure
21:37<nyquiljer>thats how it is now by the way
21:39<moegreen>nyquiljer: ok, so when you go to delete something and the popup comes up - does the entire shaded background look bad? Could you get a screenshot?
21:39<moegreen>nyquiljer: I mean the 'Popup Background Shading Method' option (if you have it, not sure when your cvs is from)
21:40<nyquiljer>well. i'm referring to the area with the text in it, the file selector bit
21:40<nyquiljer>the popup shading works fine
21:40<moegreen>nyquiljer: ok, they are drawn the same - so which theme are you using?
21:41<nyquiljer>i'm using last nights saquatch, but they all look the same
21:41<moegreen>nyquiljer: you mean this part, correct? http://untzuntz.com/mythtv/playback/
21:41<nyquiljer>yup
21:41<wigginjs>Timon: do you know where i can get a list of the key codes used in .lircrc ?
21:41<Timon>Yeah, lemme find it
21:42<nyquiljer>moegreen: i just get the grey 'pipe' looking border, no shadow
21:42<Chutt>nyquiljer, what are you using for a video card?
21:43<nyquiljer>Chutt: its a trident blade 3d or something like that, on mobo
21:43<Chutt>happen to know if it does the X render extension?
21:44<nyquiljer>hm, not right off hand.
21:44<wigginjs>oh
21:44<wigginjs>finally got it to work btw
21:45<Chutt>xdpyinfo | grep RENDER
21:45<Chutt>does that show anything?
21:45<wigginjs>i think i was pressing keys too quickly in irrecord
21:46<nyquiljer>Chutt: i dont seem to have that executable
21:46<Chutt>heh
21:46<Timon>wigginjs: I can't remember which file it was
21:48<nyquiljer>Chutt: in the log it initializes the extension, i dont know if that means anything tho
21:48<Chutt>not really, no =)
21:51<nyquiljer>where does xpdyinfo come from? i dont have it on my desktop box either
21:52<Chutt>xbase-clients on debian
21:57-!-r1ckt3r [~rickter@pixout.appriss.com] has joined #mythtv
21:58<TheAsp>MinFree: 100 CurFree: 105
21:59<-- r1ckt3r(~rickter@pixout.appriss.com) has left #mythtv
21:59<TheAsp>WELL!
21:59<TheAsp>that worked
22:00<TheAsp>Chutt: how were you planning on making the recording profile configurable?
22:01<Chutt>ask mdz
22:02<TheAsp>mdz: see above :P
22:03<Timon>Is there a difference in C/C++ between 'H' and "H"?
22:03<Chutt>yup
22:04<Timon>What is it?
22:05<inman>first is a character, second is a character array.
22:05<Timon>Ahh, ok
22:05<Timon>thanks inman
22:06<inman>i may actually get some time to code tonight.
22:06<Timon>heh
22:06<moegreen>Chutt: have you tried nate's updated iulius theme?
22:07<Chutt>a little
22:07<moegreen>do the menus seem shifted to the right some?
22:07<Chutt>hadn't noticed that, no
22:07<Timon>I really dig the fact you can have a different OSD theme myth theme
22:08<Timon>err OSD theme and myth theme
22:08<inman>moegreen: mythweather extends off the bottom of my screen so that half of the "last update" line is obscured. this has been a problem "forever".
22:09<inman>moegreen: resolution is 1600x1200, fonts are fairly large.
22:10<moegreen>inman: I think I might hit up mythweather for the ui.xml stuff next ... so that should go away :) In addition to adding a radar map
22:10<inman>cool. just figured i'd mention it. :-)
22:17<Chutt>hrm
22:17<Chutt>i think nuppelvideoplayer is all put back together again
22:18<nyquiljer>Chutt: ok, xdpyinfo | grep RENDER returns one line
22:18<Chutt>RENDER?
22:18<Chutt>heh
22:18<nyquiljer>yeh :)
22:18<Chutt>well, i dunno
22:18<Chutt>if it's not supporting it properly, then stuff's going to look weird
22:18<Chutt>that's what does a lot of the transparency stuff
22:19<moegreen>nyquiljer: it could just be the default png's i made don't have enough transparency so they look bad. If the 'image' fill on the popupbox looks good, then it should be fine
22:20<Chutt>so i've just spent the past couple hours breaking out all the nuppelvideo specific stuff out of nuppelvideoplayer and into a separate class =)
22:20<Chutt>should make adding another demuxer/decoder easy =)
22:20<moegreen>sounds like it was fun - is this in prep. for the pvr250
22:20<Chutt>yup
22:20<nyquiljer>moegreen: scratch that. 'image' fill makes solid black
22:20<moegreen>heh
22:21<Chutt>nyquiljer, so, yeah, your render extension isn't working properly
22:21<Chutt>no semi-transparent pngs for you
22:21<nyquiljer>well, at least i know why now
22:22<nyquiljer>maybe i'll throw in another card someday
22:22<moegreen>might not be compiled into your qt - though it is on by default so I don't know why it wouldn't be.
22:24<mdz>TheAsp: I was planning to write an editor which would display all scheduled recordings, let you select one, and change the parameters
22:24<mdz>including the recording profile
22:25<mdz>but I have not gotten around to it
22:25<mdz>it might be nice to be able to select it when selecting a program for recording, too
22:25<mdz>so I had thought about trying to unify that with the editing interface
22:25<mdz>without complicating the record dialog
22:25<mdz>which is nice and simple to use
22:26<mdz>I had thought about maybe a left/right key binding
22:27-!-Edgan [edgan@24-205-202-237.rno-cres.charterpipeline.net] has joined #mythtv
22:27<nyquiljer>is it possible to have multiple directories to store recordings in?
22:27<Chutt>not on one machine, no
22:28<PeteCool>nyquiljer: you can use lvm/evms to put multiple drives/partitions toghether and appear as a single drive... but, that's all I know about those
22:28<TheAsp>mdz: *nod* im trying to throw a spinbox or something on the current infodialog, but havent found a way to keep it useful without using tab a few times
22:28<PeteCool>nyquiljer: if your distro doesn't support it, the effort might not be worth it
22:29<PeteCool>TheAsp: a "spinbox" ? what do you mean exactly?
22:29<PeteCool>TheAsp: like the UI in The Sims?
22:29<TheAsp>PeteCool: well, itll be some sorta menu eventually, but it's to control the deletion
22:29<Chutt>wow
22:29<Chutt>this is working =)
22:30<Chutt>first try, yay
22:30<moegreen>heh
22:30<Chutt>well, first time it compiled
22:31<Chutt>nevermind, broke edit mode =)
22:38<nyquiljer>dangit. that Xft hack page someone linked me to last night 404s today. wish i had downloaded his .tar.gz then
22:42<mdz>Chutt: what's this you're working on?
22:42<mdz>breaking out the encoder stuff?
22:43<Chutt>decoder
22:43<Chutt>basically, i've made a DecoderBase class that abstracts the file format away from the display bits
22:43<Chutt>so i've got a NuppelDecoder class that handles all that
22:45<Chutt>mdz, i should get a wintv pvr-250 tomorrow, just preparing to support it =)
22:46<Timon>in *
22:46<Timon>in QTimer ( QObject * parent = 0, const char * name = 0 ), whats the purpose of the parent object? Why would it be used?
22:47<thor>Ownership, destruction
22:48<Timon>thanks thor
22:48<thor>;
22:48<Timon>I just re-read the description seconds before your replyed and it made sense this time
22:48<mdz>Chutt: so are you separating the rtjpeg and libavcodec also? or just the file format from the decoder?
22:49<Chutt>just the file format
22:49-!-nziarek [~nathanzia@CPE-24-167-222-150.wi.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
23:01<nziarek>is there a way to align the menu items right?
23:02<Chutt>in which menu?
23:03<nziarek>the main ones (choosing between tv, music and weather)
23:04<Chutt>no, i don't believe there is
23:04<nziarek>alright =) thanks
23:05<moegreen>nziarek: the television menu is like that for me as well, and it seems to be missing the 'Myth' graphic - it just says 'television...'
23:06<nziarek>i changed the graphics around a little and I was going to make seperate (one for Myth, one for tv, one for music) and then overlap them, but I didn't ahve the graphics I needed to do it :)
23:06<Chutt>nziarek, you can align the text in the menu items, though
23:06<Chutt>i think
23:06<Chutt>i dunno
23:07<nziarek>well, saying no to the centered tag makes them left justified
23:07<nziarek>yes centers them...
23:07<Chutt>ah, that's right
23:07<nziarek>i guess I could try "i don't know"
23:08<mdz>Chutt: I had a wintv pvr-250 for about a week before I sent it back
23:08<mdz>due to lack of drivers
23:08<moegreen>Chutt: shouldn't right justification just be adding the Qt::AlignRight to the drawText function?
23:08<Chutt>moegreen, yup
23:08<shad>Heh. Showshifter doesn't support the pvr-250
23:09<shad>We were going to make a pvr box at work last year, and almost bought it
23:09<moegreen>nziarek: you can do right justification in the ui.xml stuff :) heh
23:09<shad>I showed my boss mythtv, and he was impressed
23:10<nziarek>moegreen: that file is for another night!
23:11<nziarek>moegreen: it is awesome that you can do som much, but a bit intimidating too :)
23:16<nziarek>is it possible to edit the wording on the screens? (like instead of tv say "television")?
23:16<Timon>thor: You write the LCD code right?
23:16<moegreen>nziarek: which screen?
23:17<nziarek>the menus again =)
23:17<orangey_>nziarek: have you played around with ui.xml?
23:17<nziarek>(i.e. tv, music, weather == television, audio, wX)
23:18<nziarek>orangey: not as of yet...i don't have any of my graphics here to putz around with
23:18<nziarek>orangey: you?
23:19<orangey_>nziarek: It's a godsend.
23:19<orangey_>nziarek: http://tarek.2y.net/myth/tvmenu-3.png
23:20<nziarek>slick; that looks great!
23:20<nziarek> like the orange buttons with the basic grey back
23:20<moegreen>orangey_: how did you get the usage bar to be rounded off on the end? I though I had cut off the end of the pixmap - heh.
23:20<moegreen>though I was going to change it after I saw your screenshot
23:21<nziarek>by the way, orangey, start delting stuff =)
23:21<nziarek>delting=deleting
23:21<orangey_>moegreen: You know, I was thinking about that just earlier today.
23:22-!-Ripp [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
23:22<orangey_>when I remade filler.png, I think I made it about 3/4 the length of the original, explaining what you see.
23:22<orangey_>nziarek: It was super-easy to play around with!
23:22<orangey_>moegreen: Could you make, say, a x pixel start, x-pixel filler, and x-pixel end?
23:23<nziarek>moegreen: since you suggested it, how hard is it to add that right align to the menu options? I am having a hard time doing what I wanted since some lines are way long
23:23<orangey_>so that it always unmasks the start, filler, then end
23:23<moegreen>nziarek: it wouldn't be hard
23:24<moegreen>orangey_: I have the code in there, I guess I still have it hardcoded to 9 on both sides
23:24<orangey_>to 9 what?
23:25<moegreen>my original filler.png has 9 transparent pixels on each side (which is how it fits right on top of the container.
23:25<orangey_>ooooh. that explains a lot..
23:25-!-TheAsp [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
23:25<orangey_>but I mean so that you can do status bars with a "beginning" and an "end"
23:26<orangey_>where I could specify left-rounding.png, filler.png, then right-rounding.png
23:26<moegreen>actually, the 'whitespace' tag is how that gets set
23:26<orangey_>moegreen: I don't follow.
23:27<moegreen>heh, nevermind it doesn't seem to be working :)
23:27<orangey_>what were you thinking of? I want to make sure I'm talking about the same thing
23:28<Timon>Argh, whats this business all about: QObject::connect: (sender name: 'unnamed') I get that when I try to connect my timer
23:28<moegreen>orangey_: I was thinking of how the offset gets determined. I understand what you're saying and I can add something like that
23:28<moegreen>orangey_: but I would think you only need a filler and a right-end right?
23:29<Chutt>anyone mind if i possibly break cvs? =)
23:29<Timon>what area are you changing?
23:29<orangey_>moegreen: Well, I don't think there would be any harm done if it was left-end, filler, then right-end, with the filler being the only thing proportionate to the percentage.
23:29<Chutt>stuff.
23:29<Timon>libmythtv?
23:29<orangey_>so that at 0%, it would be left-end, no-filler, right-end
23:29<moegreen>Timon: you probably don't have the slot named correctly (or defined correctly in your header file)
23:30<Timon>Argh, I could have sworn I did.
23:30<Timon>Chutt: Are you changing libmythtv?
23:30<Chutt>you have a scroll back buffer
23:30<moegreen>orangey_: I supposed
23:30<moegreen>err, suppose
23:30<Chutt>you can use it and see what i've said
23:31<nziarek>moegreen: i am confused; why is background.png located at 0,50 in the playback boxes?
23:31<orangey_>moegreen: I am *very* surprised by how configurable the UI is now..
23:31<moegreen>Timon: connect(update_Timer, SIGNAL(timeout()), SLOT(update_timeout()) ); is a sample connection
23:31<nziarek>also, should we be giving any thought to what is background and placing it all in the background container; does that speed things up?
23:31<moegreen>Timon: then you need void update_timeout(); defined as a private slot:
23:32<Timon>moegreen: private slots:
23:32<Timon> void SetPreviousChannel();
23:32<Timon>moegreen: prevChannelTimer = new QTimer(this);
23:32<Timon> connect( prevChannelTimer, SIGNAL(timeout()), this, SLOT(SetPreviousChannel()) );
23:32<Chutt>nziarek, yeah, if stuff can go into the background layer, it should
23:32<Chutt>nziarek, the background stuff only gets drawn once
23:32-!-hfb [~hbarrett@pool0940.cvx3-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net] has joined #mythtv
23:33<moegreen>nziarek: it's at 0,50 because the background.png isn't the background of the window, but the transparent backing of the listboxes <- which is why it's at 0,50
23:33<moegreen>Timon: try removing the ,this,
23:34<moegreen>nziarek: does that make sense?
23:34<shad>grr
23:34-!-shad [] has quit ["BitchX: the un-Cola"]
23:34<thor>Timon, yes (LCD)
23:35<Timon>thor: I was going to comment on your method void veryBadThings(int) kinda funny :-)
23:36<nziarek>moegreen: yeah, but I don't see the window background, then ...
23:36<thor>See the comments
23:37<moegreen>nziarek: do you have the 'Transparent Boxes' option set to use transparent object (enabled or whatever)?
23:37<nziarek>moegreen: yeah
23:39<nziarek>moegreen: all i want to do is change the background of the entire screen
23:39<moegreen>nziarek: heh, try setting that image fleximage="yes" to a "no"
23:39<moegreen>nziarek: oh...i see
23:39-!-PBlue_away [~tcpaiqgvn@cs6668127-96.austin.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
23:40-!-PhracturedBlue [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
23:40<nziarek>changing that flex made it invisible
23:41<nziarek>man-o-man; i have serious putzing to do
23:42<moegreen>nziarek: well, it will take the initial background to what is set in the theme. If you want to redraw the entire thing, try <filename>../blue/background.png</filename>
23:42<moegreen>and set the position to 0,0
23:42<orangey_>alright, see y'all later..
23:42-!-orangey_ [] has quit ["Client Exiting"]
23:43<PeteCool>Chutt: "broke" CVS yet?
23:43<Chutt>yup
23:43<Chutt>everything should still work the same
23:43<Chutt>and i even fixed a bug for captain_murdoch =)
23:44<nziarek>moegreen: it just uses a file calle d"background.png"?
23:44<moegreen>nziarek: it can use *any* file you want, and you can have as many <image>s you want
23:44<Chutt>nziarek, the default background is the same one that's used in the qtlook.txt file
23:45<Chutt>it's the same background that every non-menu window gets, currently
23:47-!-hfb [] has quit ["Huh! Wasn't me!"]
23:47<nziarek>ok, that's what I was looking for; i had renamed my background to bg.png and I jsut named it back and changed the theme.xml stuff
23:47-!-_shad [~shad@CPE00201888d549-CM014480116887.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #mythtv
23:52<nziarek>fleximage just refers to whether it has a non-transparent counterpart, right?
23:52<Chutt>hey thor
23:53<Chutt>you didn't add anything that would limit the number of songs in mythmusic, did you?
23:54<moegreen>nziarek: right, if it is a fleximage there should be two images, one that starts with trans- and one w/ solid- <- but don't put either of those in front of the filename in the ui.xml (if it's a fleximage at least)
23:54<nziarek>gotcha - this file is amazing, you've obviously put a ton of thought into it!
23:55<moegreen>it's inspired by Chutt's osd.xml :)
23:56<nziarek>oh yeah, not to take anything away from Chutt (but honestly, what has he done around here?) =)