Back to Home / #mythtv / 2003 / 07 / Prev Day | Next Day
#mythtv IRC Logs for 2003-07-07

00:06<Captain_Murdoch>heh... :) Just "warned" my wife about the new feature I'm putting into Myth that will allow me to tell Myth to only keep the latest X episodes of a show whether they've been watched or not.
00:07<Chutt>cool.
00:07<Chutt>can someone politely tell vernon graner that he's most likely just incompetent?
00:07<Chutt>=)
00:07<Captain_Murdoch>once I had the auto-expire thread in there it was easy to add.
00:09<Captain_Murdoch>I could tell him but it might not be too polite. I think I had mine up and working in about 30-40 minutes. I had even precompiled the kernel in a directory on my nfs server so it was ready to copy into place. Only had to compile once.
00:09<Chutt>heh
00:10<Chutt>you don't need a kernel recompile for the ivtv driver
00:10<Chutt>which is the funny thing
00:10<Captain_Murdoch>only problem I found was that for some reason it has problems in the machine I put it in if I try to save across the network while recording off the 250. if I save to local disk it works great.
00:10<Chutt>bitrate too much for it?
00:10<Captain_Murdoch>yeah, I didn't compile for that. I upgraded something else also.
00:11<Captain_Murdoch>nah. I bumped bitrate down.
00:11<Chutt>ah
00:11<Chutt>nice work on the delete stuff, btw
00:11<Captain_Murdoch>actually upgraded the computer now that I think about it. that was when I got my current frontend system and had the whole thing up and running with Myth in a few hours the night I got it from UPS.
00:13<Captain_Murdoch>I'm going to rework that a little I think. right now it runs on every backend. I was thinking about it today and am probably going to just run the thread on the master and have it send commands to the backends (since it already can do that since it calls handledeleterecording in mainserver). the "only keep X episodes" code only runs on the master.
00:13<Chutt>that'd probably be a little cleaner
00:13<Chutt>but, is it going to poll the backends for free space?
00:13<Captain_Murdoch>yeah cleaner, but then I have to get a list of all backends and then poll each.
00:13<Captain_Murdoch>yep
00:13<Chutt>how often?
00:14<Captain_Murdoch>that's configurable
00:14<Chutt>there's a list of backends already in there
00:14<Captain_Murdoch>I think I set a spinbox so it could do 1 minute or up to 60.
00:15<Chutt>defaulting to..?
00:15<Captain_Murdoch>yeah, I can loop through the list, so each time I loop through the list I get the freespace for that backend and then if I have to delete I do the queries and auto-expire then onto the next backend.
00:15<Captain_Murdoch>1 minute I think.
00:15<Chutt>prefer it something higher
00:15<Chutt>every 10 minutes?
00:15<Captain_Murdoch>ok. will commit in a few. I was just testing the keep X episodes stuff and it's ready to commit as well.
00:15<Captain_Murdoch>I did wipe cvs.sql as you asked also.
00:16<Captain_Murdoch>do you make the 0.10-to-0.11.sql files when you release?
00:16<Chutt>you need to make the expirer-thread detached
00:16<Chutt>no, i do them as i go along
00:16<Captain_Murdoch>does the scheduler detach?
00:16<Chutt>hmm
00:16<Captain_Murdoch>I thought I copied that code.
00:16<Chutt>ya know, i don't think it does
00:16<Chutt>ah well, doesn't matter
00:16<Chutt>it's going to be running all the time
00:16<Captain_Murdoch>this thread never ends.
00:16<Captain_Murdoch>yeah
00:17<Captain_Murdoch>I put a sleep in the thread for 10 seconds now before it starts checking the first time because it was sending messages before the mainserver was up and able to handle them.
00:19<Captain_Murdoch>check frequency changed to 10 minutes by default but settable from 1-60.
00:20<Chutt>damn it
00:20<Chutt>fucking incompetent xmltv people
00:21<bline>what happened
00:21<Chutt>they changed the fucking tv_grab_na format again
00:21<bline>heh
00:21<Chutt>how fucking stupid can you be
00:21<Chutt>not you
00:21<Chutt>sorry
00:21<bline>maybe you should email the author
00:22<Chutt>i'm going to
00:24<Captain_Murdoch>is the guy back-porting 0.6 stuff he's working on?
00:25<Chutt>i have no idea
00:25-!-FreddieD [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
00:25<Captain_Murdoch>was wondering why my "cvs diff" wasn't reporting any differences in the autoexpire.* files and realized I never actually checked them out in my dev cvs tree. :)
00:26<Captain_Murdoch>I keep one tree to work on and another to do commits off of.
00:26<bline>isn't that what branching is for? :)
00:26<Chutt>hrm
00:27<Chutt>i suppose i shouldn't threaten a fork in emailing him
00:27<Chutt>or swear at him too much
00:27<bline>is it the first email you've sent him?
00:27<Chutt>i've spoken to him a long time ago
00:28<Chutt>8 or 9 months, i think
00:28<bline>I mean about the current issue
00:28<Chutt>no
00:30<Ndiin>Is there any special way that a plugin has to be linked or exported or something for Qt to resolve a symbol from it with QLibrary::resolve()?
00:31<Ndiin>I have an extern "C" { int init() {return 42;} }, linked as a shared.. but qt refuses to resolve the damn thing ;P
00:31<Ndiin>(its attached to a lot more code, but thats the relevant part)
00:32<Chutt>look at how all the other plugins work.
00:32<Ndiin>I am.. and from what I see, it should be working.
00:33<Chutt>ok:
00:33<Chutt>Hi, I'm the author of MythTV.
00:33<Ndiin>hi, I know that.
00:33<Chutt>I'd just like to thank you for breaking programmatic parsing of the output of tv_grab_na for the second time in as many weeks.
00:33<Ndiin>lol
00:33<Ndiin>xmltv problems again? heh
00:33<Chutt>This really gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, knowing that I have to rewrite code because you don't know what a micro version number is.
00:33<mikegrb> :-)
00:34<mikegrb>I'm going to email them... w/o mentioning mythtv so I can be as unfriendly as I please w/o them thinking less of mythtv and its developers
00:34<bline>sick em :)
00:34<Chutt>naw
00:34<Chutt>don't
00:35<mikegrb>I shall comply with your wishes master
00:35<mikegrb>;-)
00:36<mikegrb>heh it turns out mythtv is recording something, *that* is why the recompile is taking so frick'n long
00:40<bline>hmm mplayer-advusers is not a very active list, no one has posted on it sense I posted a bug this morning
00:46<Captain_Murdoch>people who keep up to date with CVS are going to hate me, two "make distclean"'s required in 24 hours. :)
00:47<Chutt>i've done that more often that 24 hours
00:50<Captain_Murdoch>I just started running the script which rebuids the separate trees for my main backend (Athlon) and frontend (Celeron). Now I can go to bed and run "make install" in the morning. :)
00:51<Chutt>heh
00:51<mikegrb>and I just finished recompiling it
00:52<Chutt>bah
00:52<Chutt>i'll have to recompile on my nehemiah
00:52<Chutt>which takes longer than anything you guys have
00:52<Captain_Murdoch>mikegrb: only new thing added is ability to say "Only keep X episodes" of a show. so don't update unless you want that.
00:52<Chutt>so :p
00:52<Captain_Murdoch>I usually compile on my fast Athlon with the source tree on my nfs server. Then just run "make install' on each backend/frontend.
00:53<mikegrb>heh and I want it exactly for what you mention in commits log... keeping x# of trading spaces
00:53<bline>distcc :)
00:53<ahbritto>Captain_Murdoch: No distcc?
00:53<Captain_Murdoch>that's the exact show I warned my wife about earlier. :)
00:53<ahbritto>Captain_Murdoch: No ccache?
00:53<Captain_Murdoch>ahbritto: don't want to compile on a backend that could be recording.
00:53<ahbritto>How about niced?
00:54<Captain_Murdoch>still don't want to. :)
00:54<ahbritto>And ccached locally?
00:54<Captain_Murdoch>never messed with ccache honestly.
00:55<ahbritto>Its great! Makes most "make clean" "make" very fast.
00:55<mikegrb>with the new hard drive and rankings I finally let my wife record buffy... 2 hrs every day. Got it set to low rank so just about anything will win. This autodelete will be nice for trading spaces and buffy
00:55<Captain_Murdoch>mikegrb: also you can set her shows to record at lower resolution/bitrate. :) that's what I do with my wife's daily 2.5 hours of shows.
00:58<mikegrb>Captain_Murdoch: hadn't considered that.... I may very well do that. Now I just got to get XV working on my laptop, switched from redhat to gentoo on it and it is the only thing that has been a pain
01:05-!-Timon [~dan@157-11-237-24.gci.net] has joined #mythtv
01:08-!-bbeattie_ [] has quit ["sleep"]
01:26-!-hfb [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
01:33-!-hfb [~hfb@pool0045.cvx15-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net] has joined #mythtv
01:36-!-FreddieD [detler@CPE-65-26-9-73.kc.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
01:37<mdz_>Chutt: I whipped up some fun statistics for the deb downloads
01:37<mdz_> 2053 0.8
01:37<mdz_> 1428 0.7
01:37<mdz_> 546 0.9.1
01:37<mdz_> 260 0.10
01:37<mdz_> 162 0.9
01:38<mdz_>that's downloads by myth version
01:38<mdz_>of course these are meaningless, because a new deb revision causes everyone to download again
01:39<mdz_>but I was calculating stats for the deb revisions anyway and this was easy
01:49-!-billytwowilly [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
01:53<mikegrb>'quit sleep
01:53<mikegrb>er
01:53-!-mikegrb [] has quit ["sleep"]
01:55<Chutt>heh
01:55<Chutt>mdz, cool.
02:03<FreddieD>I dont see it in the docs, but where does the front end look for the database info, if the database is on a different machine?
02:04<Chutt>mysql.txt
02:05<FreddieD>splendid thx
02:43-!-hadees [hadees@AC982620.ipt.aol.com] has joined #mythtv
02:58-!-Timon [] has quit ["using sirc version 2.211+KSIRC/1.2.4"]
03:02-!-FreddieD [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
03:10<hadees>hey if anyone is intrested I was looking through xmms to see if it could use winamp vis plugins, seems some one wrote a 3rd party plugin to let you use them, I found a post saying it was a bit outdated but if some one used
03:11<hadees>the source code to add it to mythtv it amazing
03:12<hadees>http://www.emulinks.de/xmms-winamp/
03:14<-- hadeeshas quit ()
03:34-!-dub20 is now known as dub20|zzz
03:45<-- phar0e_has quit ()
04:05-!-FreddieD [qqchkbk@CPE-65-26-9-73.kc.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
04:52-!-FreddieD [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
05:30-!-choenig [~choenig@pD952C3A3.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #mythtv
05:37-!-Ndiin [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
06:06-!-FreddieD [pozbplo@CPE-65-26-9-73.kc.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
06:32-!-Ndiin [ruler@ip68-109-168-161.ph.ph.cox.net] has joined #mythtv
06:50-!-FreddieD [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
06:58-!-Ndiin [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
07:21-!-bline [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
07:47-!-jkolb [~jkolb@216-199-48-234.orl.fdn.com] has joined #mythtv
07:48-!-jkolb [] has quit [Client Quit]
07:48-!-jkolb [~jkolb@216-199-48-234.orl.fdn.com] has joined #mythtv
07:59-!-froggy19 [~fryguy@12-246-43-18.client.attbi.com] has joined #mythtv
08:03-!-choenig [] has quit [kornbluth.freenode.net irc.freenode.net]
08:03-!-rcaskey_ [] has quit [kornbluth.freenode.net irc.freenode.net]
08:03-!-Viddy [] has quit [kornbluth.freenode.net irc.freenode.net]
08:03-!-rkulagow_ [] has quit [kornbluth.freenode.net irc.freenode.net]
08:03-!-FryGuy [] has quit [kornbluth.freenode.net irc.freenode.net]
08:03-!-thor [] has quit [kornbluth.freenode.net irc.freenode.net]
08:03-!-Ripp [] has quit [kornbluth.freenode.net irc.freenode.net]
08:03-!-bigguy [] has quit [kornbluth.freenode.net irc.freenode.net]
08:03-!-eventide [] has quit [kornbluth.freenode.net irc.freenode.net]
08:03-!-keturn [] has quit [kornbluth.freenode.net irc.freenode.net]
08:03-!-froggy19 is now known as FryGuy
08:04-!-eventide [~pat@12-221-69-116.client.insightBB.com] has joined #mythtv
08:05-!-bigguy [bigman@h92.44.102.166.ip.alltel.net] has joined #mythtv
08:05-!-choenig [~choenig@pD952C3A3.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #mythtv
08:05-!-rcaskey_ [~rcaskey@c-24-98-40-6.atl.client2.attbi.com] has joined #mythtv
08:05-!-Viddy [~fieoihds@visp194-179.visp.co.nz] has joined #mythtv
08:05-!-rkulagow_ [~mythtv@12-207-130-74.client.attbi.com] has joined #mythtv
08:05-!-thor [~thor@208.185.11.34] has joined #mythtv
08:05-!-Ripp [~chris@209.194.224.236] has joined #mythtv
08:05-!-keturn [~kevin@130-94-161-17-dsl.hevanet.com] has joined #mythtv
08:14-!-FreddieD [jjywqoe@CPE-65-26-9-73.kc.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
08:32-!-moegreen [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
08:32-!-Ndiin [ruler@ip68-109-168-161.ph.ph.cox.net] has joined #mythtv
08:45-!-Conaz [~conaz@12.106.3.51] has joined #mythtv
08:49-!-FreddieD [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
08:52-!-figgy [figgy@pm234-102.hansel.kua.net] has joined #mythtv
09:01-!-Flakbate [flakbate@160.129.129.48] has joined #mythtv
09:01-!-sfr [~sfr@pD95185DD.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #mythtv
09:01<sfr>thor: are you there?
09:02-!-Ndiin [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
09:03<sfr>choenig: hi
09:03<choenig>hi
09:03<sfr>do you know about qt programming, by chance?
09:04-!-hfb [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
09:04<choenig>i've done a little, but not that much that I can be of help, but whats your prob?
09:04<sfr>choenig: a little is more than i have :)
09:05<sfr>i want to use 2x xmltv sources, nxtvepg and tv_grab_de
09:05<sfr>but both of them are using different timezons
09:07<sfr>i want mythfilldatabase to calculate the timezone offset dynamically instead of just checking the TimeOffset setting in mythconverg.
09:08<sfr>so far i defined two QTime objects, ltime and utctime,
09:09<sfr>now by subtracting utctime.hour() from ltime.hour() i get the timezone offset, but only if ltime is in localetime and utctime is in UTC format, right?
09:10<choenig>seems to be
09:11<choenig>so, there is no problem so far, right?
09:11<sfr>so how do i get utctime to be in UTC format?
09:12<sfr>there is this QTime:TimeSpec 'setting' but i don't know how to change it.
09:13<choenig>you can try 'utctime.currentTime(QT::UTC)'
09:14<choenig>did you check the qt documentation?
09:14<sfr>Ahh, thanks !. If this works, this should handle daylight savings time changes, then.
09:15<choenig>fine, that would be a nice replacement for my offset code :)
09:15<sfr>Yes, i read http://doc.trolltech.com/3.1/qtime.html#currentTime-2 but didn't know how to apply it.
09:15<choenig>ok :)
09:15<sfr>what offset code?
09:15<choenig>the one you try to enhance, I think
09:16<sfr>ah, it's yours?
09:16<choenig>japp
09:16<choenig>I needed that for nxtvepg ;)
09:18<sfr>ok, can i send you a patch then, (if it ever should work) to check?
09:18<choenig>sure
09:19<sfr>hm, does Qt have a simpler way to determine the current timezone offset? s/t like 'tell me the current timezone offset in hours?
09:20<choenig>I don't know
09:20<sfr>ok, i'll try it this way then.
09:48-!-Ndiin [ruler@ip68-109-168-161.ph.ph.cox.net] has joined #mythtv
09:51<choenig>just1nux: wow, visor is incredible :-)
10:11<thor>sfr, yes
10:12<sfr>thor: hi, sorry, i'v had a question re qt, but choenig already helped me.
10:12<thor>k
10:13-!-TheAsp [asp@CDR13-117.accesscable.net] has joined #mythtv
10:14<TheAsp>uh, so there is a new autodeletion patch out there?
10:14<thor>it's in cvs
10:14<TheAsp>heh
10:14<TheAsp>saw that :)
10:14<TheAsp>was fixing mine up over the weekend
10:15-!-FreddieD [vvkrtxp@CPE-65-26-9-73.kc.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
10:18<TheAsp>i dont really have the time to finish it properly, so this is probably a good thing
10:18<thor>Is your stuff different in terms of functionality?
10:18<TheAsp>its just done by rankings right now?
10:18<TheAsp>not really...
10:19<TheAsp>i was going to throw in some locking to protect recordings that are being viewed/recorded
10:19<thor>so you get a finished version of what you wanted for free =)
10:19<TheAsp>and figured out how i was going to do it in the end (based on expirey dates)
10:19<TheAsp>it's you doing it?
10:20<thor>I think Chris would welcome help on lockings, and on co-ordinating everything via the master backend
10:20<thor>no , not me
10:20<TheAsp>whats chris's nick? i cant post on the list
10:20<TheAsp>i spose i could mail him directly
10:20<TheAsp>i could put together a patch for the tivo way of autodeletion pretty easily
10:21<thor>not sure about his nick
10:34-!-hfb [~hfb@lsanca1-ar2-4-60-015-035.lsanca1.dsl-verizon.net] has joined #mythtv
10:37<Captain_Murdoch>TheAsp: I'm Chris. Did I step on your toes with my CVS commit? The current CVS code works by just expiring oldest first, but I made it real easy to add new methods.
10:39<Captain_Murdoch>I thought about adding code to store the rank that a program was recorded at using the new ranking system. Then that could be used as another method to determine what to delete first.
10:42-!-Ndiin [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
10:42-!-FreddieD [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
10:51<TheAsp>Captain_Murdoch: nah :P
10:51<TheAsp>Captain_Murdoch: I may have some stuff for you in a few days :)
10:52<TheAsp>Captain_Murdoch: right now i have a field for delpriority in for scheduled and recorded programs, that gets written properly
10:53<TheAsp>Captain_Murdoch: i dont think the rank stuff for scheduling should be used for deletion
10:53<TheAsp>Captain_Murdoch: i also dont think that ranking is the best way to do it either... espically after i had it going for a few days
10:54<TheAsp>expiry based on time is more logical
10:57<Captain_Murdoch>sorry, stepped away for a few minutes.
10:58<Captain_Murdoch>time how?
10:58<Captain_Murdoch>current code expires oldest show that's marked as expirable.
10:58<TheAsp>have an integer field that is the number of hours since the program was recorded that iut should expiure after
10:59<TheAsp>so if it was set to 24, the show would be deletable after 24 hours
10:59<TheAsp>if it's 0 it's deletable right away
10:59<TheAsp>anyway got to go
10:59<Captain_Murdoch>is that for expiring for free space or just expiring automatically?
10:59<Captain_Murdoch>ok.
11:10-!-schultmc [~schultmc@zealot.progeny.com] has joined #mythtv
11:16<TheAsp>expiring for freespace
11:16<TheAsp>not deleted
11:16<TheAsp>right away
11:31-!-mechou [~mchou@03-088.142.popsite.net] has joined #mythtv
11:32<-- mechou(~mchou@03-088.142.popsite.net) has left #mythtv
11:51-!-Ndiin [ruler@ip68-109-168-161.ph.ph.cox.net] has joined #mythtv
11:52-!-Drikus [~Drikus@cc45940-a.deven1.ov.home.nl] has joined #mythtv
12:02<Chutt>rkulagow, hey, you around?
12:05<rkulagow__>yes (barely).
12:05<Chutt>know if the zap2it beta stuff still works for you?
12:05<rkulagow__>haven't checked. just got an email that they were supposed to extend the beta, but haven't had cycles to check lately.
12:06<Chutt>yeah, got that, but mine's not working
12:06<Chutt>figured i'd throw together stuff to support that, as i'm pissed off at the xmltv guys
12:06<jkolb>Chutt: I have a (hopefully) final patch for the previews in mythweb. Having someone test the mythweb-and-backend-on-the-same-machine case now.
12:06<Chutt>cool.
12:20<jkolb>Argh. They're being generated but not transferred again.
12:20-!-rkulagow___ [~rkulagow@12-207-130-74.client.attbi.com] has joined #mythtv
12:20-!-rkulagow__ [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
12:21-!-FreddieD [ifeusr@CPE-65-26-9-73.kc.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
12:26-!-dopez [~unknown@dopez.xs4all.nl] has joined #mythtv
12:30-!-choenig [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
12:38-!-choenig [~choenig@pD952C3A3.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #mythtv
12:38-!-rkulagow___ [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
12:39-!-rkulagow___ [~rkulagow@12-207-130-74.client.attbi.com] has joined #mythtv
12:48<jkolb>Chutt: The frontend doesn't send back what it gets from the backend to retrieve the preview pixmaps. It has to generate a myth:// url or else MythContext::CacheRemotePixmap won't work.
12:49<Chutt>that's different from generating them
12:49<Chutt>if they're local, it just loads them locally
12:50<jkolb>Ah.
12:50<jkolb>Should I then have mythweb just try to copy them if it's local?
12:51<Chutt>would it have permissions to do so normally?
12:51<Chutt>that'd certainly be easier, wouldn't it?
12:51<jkolb>If it has permissions and isn't running chrooted, yeah.
12:53<jkolb>I suppose that 'make sure that the httpd user can read the images directory if mythweb and mythbackend are on the same machine' isn't too much to require.
13:18-!-mikegrb [michael@pcp02798743pcs.goosck01.sc.comcast.net] has joined #mythtv
13:21-!-mikegrb [] has quit ["Changing server"]
13:26-!-extremis [extremis@equinox.alluvium.com] has joined #mythtv
13:28-!-TheAsp [] has quit ["Fear the penguin."]
13:30-!-dopez [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
13:33-!-mikegrb [michael@pcp02798743pcs.goosck01.sc.comcast.net] has joined #mythtv
13:36-!-FreddieD [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
13:50<Chutt>mdz, hey, around?
13:50<mdz_>Chutt: yep
13:50<mdz_>took the day off
13:50<Chutt>i was thinking of moving that Sync stuff into the threadedfilewriter class
13:51<Chutt>just have it do it itself every second
13:51<mdz_>hmm, I didn't know that gcc would let you do -g -fomit-frame-pointer
13:51<mdz_>seems like it should print some glaring warning
13:51<Chutt>heh
13:51<Chutt>like 'hi, i can't do what you told me to' ?
13:51<mdz_>I guess that would be ok
13:51<jkolb>Which does it do?
13:52<Chutt>it'd save me from spawning off another thread for the hardware encodes
13:52<mdz_>I want that support in gdb for external symbol information
13:52<mdz_>jkolb: apparently, it obeys -fomit-frame-pointer
13:52<Chutt>well, it probably goes in order
13:52<mdz_>it probably obeys both
13:52<mdz_>and includes all of the symbol information
13:52<mdz_>and then can't use it at all because there's no frame pointer :-)
13:53<mdz_>Chutt: is that python installer nice?
13:53<Chutt>looks like it
13:53<mdz_>it would be nice if it could replace setup
13:53<Chutt>i haven't run it
13:53<mdz_>rather than duplicate that code
13:53<Chutt>i _would_ prefer if it weren't in python, though
13:54<mdz_>s/code/functionality/
13:54<mdz_>I have no problem with python for small things
13:54<mdz_>I actually rather like it
13:54<Chutt>well
13:54<Chutt>it's just another dependency
13:54<mdz_>it gets to be a pain for larger projects because of the lack of compile-time checking
13:54<mdz_>ah
13:54<Chutt>python and pyqt or whatever
13:54<mdz_>yeah
13:55<mdz_>everybody will have python already, but not pyqt
13:55<Chutt>oops
13:55<Chutt>i had unplugged the cvs server
13:56<mikegrb>heh
13:56<mikegrb>python is mandatory on gentoo for portage
13:57<mikegrb>I can see Chutt's point of view though in cases where you want a system with the bare minimum or for people not too familiar w/ linux having to figure out what they need
13:57<Chutt>mdz, just checked in the stuff to move the sync to the writer class
13:57<mdz_>Chutt: sounds fine
13:57<Chutt>not a big change, but =)
13:58<mdz_>it would be nice if that simply didn't suck in the kernel
13:58<Chutt>yeah
13:58<mdz_>there are a bunch of tunable parameters for it in /proc/sys/vm/bdflush
13:58<Chutt>i was watching tv in a window while doing other stuff last night
13:58<mdz_>how often to wake up, maximum amount of stuff to flush when you wake up, start waking up when there is a certain percentage of busy buffers, etc.
13:58<Chutt>hardware encodes, and it wasn't too happy
13:58<mdz_>but the defaults seem perfectly sane to me
13:58<mdz_>like start flushing when 30% is dirty or something
13:58<mdz_>but it doesn't do that
13:59-!-Ndiin [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
14:01<Chutt>heh
14:02<Chutt>it's so nice watching timeshifted tv with 94% cpu free
14:03<mikegrb>Yes, I finally get to get a hardware encoder in a month or so after we move... got to get a PAL tuner card anyway so I convinced the wife it is what we really need ;)
14:04<Chutt>would just be nice to get vbi working on the pvr cards
14:05<mikegrb>MythTV is going to let me continue to use the wide screen HDTV overseas even though it is NTSC :-) MythTV saved me money
14:05<mikegrb>that sounds like a project for me :-)
14:05<Chutt>heh
14:07<extremis>did I hear hdtv?
14:07<mikegrb>I think a plugin for people with large / nice TV's that allowed you to use the computer as a scaler for high quality video might be nice, it wouldn't work in systems w/o a tuner though and it would have to talk to the masterbackend about scheduling
14:07<mikegrb>extremis: yes
14:07<Chutt>extremis, if you need dvb support so much, i'll expect to see patches in my inbox soon
14:07<mikegrb>heh
14:09<mikegrb>this plugin idea obviously wouldn't support time-shifting but if I could make it talk to the masterbackend (same system or otherwise) it could still use the card for recording
14:09<Chutt>use tvtime for it?
14:09<mikegrb>heh that is kind of what I was thinking
14:09<mikegrb>I want to try to come up with a way for it to talk to the backend so the backend can ask for the tuner when it needs it and such
14:10<mikegrb>I just need to look at the code
14:10<Chutt>shouldn't be hard at all
14:10<mikegrb>that is what I was thinking
14:10<mikegrb>I have programming experience just not with c, picking it up though getting some good useage out of my orielly safari subscription ;-)
14:11<mikegrb>my wife's main complaint right now is just live tv, she absolutley loves mythtv and the recorded quality
14:12<vektor>mikegrb: you should try my app for live tv.
14:12<vektor>i'll be working on integrating it into mythtv soon.
14:12<Chutt>vektor, cool.
14:12<vektor>yeah, i'm pretty much set on this mythtv stuff.
14:13<Chutt>excellent
14:13<mikegrb>I have all these 'hairbrained' projects that she isn't too positive about. When I showed her the screenshots on the web page she was kind of maybe and in the end it's the only project she has really liked
14:13<mikegrb>vektor: url?
14:13<vektor>mikegrb: tvtime.net
14:13<Chutt>mikegrb, he's the tvtime guy
14:13<mikegrb>heh
14:13<mikegrb>I was going to try it ;-)
14:13<vektor>if you want to help out with it and mythtv, that would rock, btw.
14:15<mikegrb>Yes
14:15<mikegrb>I don't know how helpful I will be but I would definatley have use for it and don't mind putting in time
14:15<vektor>great.
14:16<figgy>...tvtime
14:18<vektor>Chutt: see, marketing does work.
14:18<Chutt>heh
14:27<extremis>Chutt: I'm not a very good coder
14:28-!-dopez [~unknown@dopez.xs4all.nl] has joined #mythtv
14:28<Chutt>then don't demand code from other people
14:29<just1nux>Chutt: Any chance we can have a screen with the info like what they have on http://www.tv-central.org/index.php?x=today or http://www.tvtome.com/ in mythtv which shows the new stuff that is on... Im wondering where they get their data from...
14:30* Snow-Mandemands code!
14:30<extremis>my intent was not to demand code... but instead to say that there are users who would appreciate the support
14:30<extremis>to my knowledge we don't poll users to determine who needs what features
14:31<Chutt>users don't determine features
14:31<vektor>extremis: most open source projects don't think that way.
14:31<Chutt>developers do
14:32<Chutt>if you can't contribute something, i don't give a damn about what features you want/need
14:33<sfr>Chutt: do translations count? ;-)
14:33<Chutt>almost
14:33<Chutt>heh
14:33<Chutt>ed avis (xmltv guy) says i'm being unreasonable to assume that things aren't going to change
14:34<just1nux>okay, well if they change how about giving you some warning...
14:34<Chutt>no
14:34<Chutt>it's not about that
14:34<just1nux>oh
14:34<extremis>well, I want to contribute, and I'm going to do it by trying to find a CI that will work with dishnet and a dvb card
14:34<Chutt>he's like 'follow the dtd' and 'but, the dtd doesn't say anything about channel numbers'
14:34<extremis>once I get that then I can help debug code
14:35<extremis>and hopefully then I can submit patches
14:35<extremis>but its certainly not going to be soon
14:35<just1nux>has the dtd been changing?
14:36<Chutt>no
14:38<just1nux>sounds like an incomplete dtd to me.
14:38<Chutt>it is
14:39<sfr>choenig: still around?
14:44<choenig>jepp
14:45<sfr>choenig: wanna test the patch we spoke about? it's not perfect but works for me.
14:48<choenig>I'm watching tv right now, but you can send it to me and Ill have a look later tonight
14:50<jkolb>Chutt: Re: My suggested database changes. You made a comment that I may want to make some of the ids strings to match gist.com data or somesuch. I had meant for those ids to be used solely for joins, and not to match anything external to the database. Can you remember why you said that?
14:50<Chutt>if there's already existing program ids, why not use em?
14:51<choenig>sfr: mythtv@christianhoenig.de, thats better
14:51<sfr>choenig: on the way.
14:51<choenig>ok
14:52<jkolb>Because we're not doing anything else with the ids than joining on them, so using someone else's unique id is no different than using our own?
14:52<Chutt>sure you'd be doing something else with them
14:52<jkolb>Also, does everyone get their data from gist?
14:52<Chutt>as they'd be used when getting new data
14:52<Chutt>gist is dead.
14:52<jkolb>(Was it gist?)
14:52<Chutt>zap2it
14:53<jkolb>Ah, yes, that's it.
14:53<Chutt>everyone in north america does
14:53-!-FreddieD [ltplmfpp@CPE-65-26-9-73.kc.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
14:54<jkolb>Ok, I see how that could be useful.
14:54<jkolb>It looks like they use numeric ids for the programs, though.
14:54<jkolb>(Just mousing over a few)
14:55<Chutt>naw
14:55<Chutt>there's a two letter prefix, usually
14:55<Chutt>EP, MV, SH
14:55<jkolb>The dbKey has a prefix, but there's a prog_id and a series_id that seem to be numeric.
14:57<jkolb>It looks like they use prog_id for specific episodes, and series_id for a series.
14:58<Chutt>the dbkey is what's exported
14:58<Chutt>though
14:59<jkolb>Ok. Poking around the website didn't make that apparent.
15:00<jkolb>Do you know if that's all zap2it returns, or if that's all that tv_grab_na puts into the xmltv file?
15:00<Chutt>tv_grab_na doesn't put any of it into the file
15:00<Chutt>this is for something else =)
15:00<jkolb>Well, if you're going to make me write it, then I don't give a damn about your input. :P
15:00<Chutt>heh
15:01<Snow-Man>I really need to get the lists moved.
15:02<jkolb>Is there a way to get a sample export from zap2it? I suppose it's not just getting the webpages.
15:02<Chutt>jkolb, wait a couple weeks
15:03<Chutt>snowman, tired of the load on snowman.net? =)
15:04<jkolb>I suppose I can do that.
15:04<Snow-Man>Chutt: Tired of people hitting the archives and sucking up bw. :)
15:05<Chutt>ah
15:05<Snow-Man>The mailing list portion of it doesn't take up much bw at all now.
15:05<Snow-Man>Or anything else really.
15:05<jkolb>Does anyone else run mythbackend and mythweb on the same machine? I'd really like to see if this latest patch will work properly, but the guy who's been testing them for me hasn't responded to my latest attempt in a while.
15:06<Snow-Man>I do..
15:06<Chutt>i do
15:06<Snow-Man>Was mythweb rewritten or whatever yet?
15:06<jkolb>Oh, well. Lemme post this up somewhere.
15:06<Chutt>guy's still working on it
15:06<Chutt>he's got in progress code up somewhere
15:06<Snow-Man>yeesh.
15:06<Snow-Man>Well, that's good.
15:06<Chutt>he was away for a week or so, iirc
15:07<jkolb>http://www.greyshift.net/preview-6.patch
15:07<jkolb>Make sure that a) the mythweb/images dir is writable, and b) the httpd user can read the video store dir.
15:08<Snow-Man>mailman takes up like 378M now.
15:08-!-ahbritto [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
15:08<mikegrb>Snow-Man: I can host archives but I'm not sure about moving them over automatically and what not
15:09<mikegrb>Snow-Man: I have about 15gb/mnth un-used
15:09-!-Flakbate [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
15:09<Snow-Man>Go back to sleep.
15:09<mikegrb>Snow-Man: I believe mailman is installed on that server... yes, mailman is there but I don't know if that would help
15:09<Chutt>the lists are moving to our new colo
15:09<Chutt>which is still need to send a check to snowman for
15:10<Snow-Man>Yeah! Get on that! ;)
15:10<Chutt>there's probably going to be approximately 950 gb/month unused there. =)
15:10<Chutt>yea yea
15:10<Snow-Man>hehe.
15:11<mikegrb>heheh
15:11<Snow-Man>Amazingly they've actually charged me already for it.
15:11<Snow-Man>I need to deposit Ken's check.
15:11<Chutt>email me your address or something
15:11<Snow-Man>a'ight.
15:12-!-kolb [~jkolb@216-199-48-234.orl.fdn.com] has joined #mythtv
15:12-!-jkolb [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
15:12-!-kolb is now known as jkolb
15:13-!-Ripp [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
15:13<Snow-Man>Maybe I should start sending out bills. ;)
15:13<Chutt>self-addressed stamped envelopes included?
15:13<Chutt>:p
15:13<Snow-Man>haha
15:13<Snow-Man>email sent. :)
15:14<Chutt>did your town rename itself to sound more olde timey ish?
15:14<Snow-Man>I think it was always that..
15:14<Snow-Man>Well, not like I know, I havn't been there all that long.
15:15<Snow-Man>Home > Local Forecast for Centreville, VA (20121)
15:15* Snow-Manshrugs.
15:15<Snow-Man>I don't think I spelled it wrong at least. :)
15:16-!-Ripp [~chris@209.194.224.236] has joined #mythtv
15:38-!-poptix is now known as poptixopoparama
15:41-!-poptixopoparama is now known as poptix
15:43-!-Ndiin [ruler@ip68-109-168-161.ph.ph.cox.net] has joined #mythtv
15:46<jkolb>Chutt, Snow-Man: Did you get a chance to try the patch? I'm leaving here in a few.
15:46<Chutt>no, sorry
15:46<Chutt>i'm fairly busy right now with something else
15:47<jkolb>No problem. I'll sign on later. I was just hoping that if there was still something wrong, I'd be able to think about it during the afternoon.
15:48<Snow-Man>Have work I'm doing, sorry.
15:48<jkolb>Right. Later.
15:48<-- jkolbhas quit ()
15:56-!-FreddieD [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
15:59-!-mikegrb [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
16:11-!-dconti [~cheesy@c66-235-37-121.sea2.cablespeed.com] has joined #mythtv
16:18-!-mikegrb [michael@pcp02798743pcs.goosck01.sc.comcast.net] has joined #mythtv
16:21-!-figgy [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
16:21-!-mechou [~mchou@01-061.142.popsite.net] has joined #mythtv
16:22<mechou>extremis, you there?
16:27-!-StarHeart [edgan@64-42-21-228.atgi.net] has joined #mythtv
16:29-!-mechou [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
16:45-!-froggy19 [~fryguy@12-246-43-18.client.attbi.com] has joined #mythtv
16:46-!-FryGuy [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
16:46-!-froggy19 is now known as FryGuy
16:47-!-Drikus [] has quit ["toedeledoki"]
17:01-!-Ndiin [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
17:02-!-dconti [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
17:10-!-choenig [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
17:13-!-mechou [~mchou@01-061.142.popsite.net] has joined #mythtv
17:16-!-FreddieD [tpqnrr@CPE-65-26-9-73.kc.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
17:23<extremis>my god the netcache SE is hot
17:24<sfr>netcache? -v
17:26<extremis>network appliance
17:26<extremis>mechou: sup?
17:29<mechou>extremis, you get any luck with homebrew tx?
17:40<extremis>nope
17:41<extremis>I might try the one on lirc's site instead of blars
17:41<extremis>so, what is the diff between PNP and NPN?
17:41<extremis>and what pins are gnd and dtr on a 9 pin serial?
17:43<mechou>extremis, what did you try?
17:43--> Peit|Home(~moreyc@public1-warr1-5-cust81.bagu.broadband.ntl.com) has joined #mythtv
17:43<Peit|Home>is mythtv-users moderated?
17:44<extremis>mechou: I flipped the transistors and I bypassed r5 and r6 (in case my serial port was current limited)
17:44<extremis>since I was only seeing -10v on my idle dtr
17:45<mechou>I thing GND on serial is pin 5 (don't quote me on this thou)
17:45<extremis>I'll find that
17:45<extremis>no problem
17:46<extremis>what I don't understand still is how to tell + - on a capisitor
17:46<extremis>and what eh diff of PNP and NPN is
17:46<extremis>I can see that the arrow goes in a diff direction on this diagram (although non on blars)
17:46<extremis>but I don't know how that affects the transistors position
17:47<mechou>you had it right on the cap, generally '>' sign points to '-' terminal...
17:47<extremis>ok
17:47<mechou>if you didn't cut off the the cap lead the shorter foot generally is '-'
17:47<extremis>ahh
17:49<extremis>npn pnp?
17:49<mechou>and I really can't remember what the diff is betw. NPN vs PNP besides the wat it's doped. Maybe something to do with "forward bias"
17:49<mikegrb>extremis: NPN and PNP have the materials switched
17:49<mikegrb>yes
17:49<mechou>s/wat/way
17:49<mikegrb>they are doped oposite of each other
17:49<extremis>doped?
17:49<mikegrb>one gets +Vcc the other gets -Vcc
17:50<mikegrb>on a schematic the arrow points to the line for a PNP and away for NPN
17:50<extremis>right, so blars doesn't use PNP
17:51<mechou>yeah, you're talking semiconductor physics here, how the "potentials" are "shaped", more holes, etc...
17:51<mikegrb>exactly
17:51<extremis>http://www.blars.org/blarslirc/
17:51<mechou>nah, blars doesn't use pnp....
17:52<extremis>so he uses 2n3904 and 2n4401
17:52<extremis>I need to go buy a PNP
17:52<extremis>and some new resistors, since he uses diff ohms
17:52<mechou>extremis, why?
17:52<extremis>so I can build the lirc model
17:53<mechou>I mean why get pnp?
17:53<mechou>are you _sure_ blars wont work?
17:53<extremis>the lirc improved transmitter diag calls for it
17:53<extremis>mechou: well I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working
17:54<extremis>to me I had it right
17:54<extremis>and no one could tell me it wasn't
17:54<extremis>but it obviously iddn't have the voltage that he indicated nor did it get detected by another box runningmode2
17:54<extremis>nor did I see anything on my IR detector strip
17:55<mechou>well, if you had 10x less juice it wouldn't surprise me a detector can't sense it...
17:55<extremis>mechou: after I flipped those NPNs it dropped to .005 across that resistor
17:56<extremis>the arrow is the emittor right?
17:56<mechou>oops, sorry...
17:56<mikegrb>yes
17:57<extremis>then I have no clue why its not working
17:57<mikegrb>and it points away or to the base
17:58<extremis>so on this improved transmitter, the ground crosses through the dtr, should they touch like that or is it just a problem with the diagram?
17:58<mikegrb>url?
17:58<extremis>http://www.lirc.org/improved_transmitter.html
17:58<extremis>these schematics ar ehorrible
17:58<extremis>they should give part #'s
17:59<mechou>nah, they rarely give part # cause they assume you know what you're doing ;-)....
17:59<mikegrb>lol
17:59<extremis>I don't know what I'm doing
18:00<extremis>I shouldn't have had to make this damn thing
18:00<mikegrb>right, gound and dtr don't connect... the line just passes over in the diag
18:00<extremis>thats why I paid for the actisys
18:00<extremis>:)
18:00<extremis>mikegrb: thanks
18:00<mikegrb>no prob
18:00* mikegrbis an electronics technician in the navy ;-)
18:00<extremis>mikegrb: will you be on tonight ? ;)
18:00<mikegrb>heh
18:00<mikegrb>sure
18:01<extremis>I'm going to go to rat shack
18:01<mikegrb>I had planned on it
18:01<mikegrb>funny too
18:01* mikegrbused to work at radio shack
18:01<mikegrb>er um rat shack
18:01<extremis>;)
18:02* extremishas already spent $75 trying to get this working
18:02<extremis>I hope this additional ~$15 will be worth it
18:02<mechou>$75?? what the heck did you buy??
18:02<extremis>actisys and parts for blars tx
18:02<extremis>these parts aren't cheap locally
18:03<mechou>extremis, is there a local college nearby with electronics shop?
18:03<extremis>mechou: and you recommended that I get 3 of each
18:03<extremis>mechou: I'm sure
18:03<mechou>3x0.15=.45<<$75 ;)
18:04<extremis>mechou: the led's were $50 each
18:04<extremis>so were teh transistors
18:04<mikegrb>more properly 3x0.15=.45<<<<<<<<$75
18:04<extremis>I mean
18:04<extremis>.50
18:04<mechou>what???
18:04<extremis>the capicitor was $4
18:04<mikegrb>heh those be some expensive leds
18:05<extremis>mikegrb: they are more at rrat shack
18:05<mikegrb>yes I know
18:05<mikegrb>and unfortunatley that is the only place here to get them
18:06<mechou>nah, you got to find one of those colleges. Bribe a local electronics student to buid you one. Heck, I'd probably do it for some good beer...
18:06<mikegrb>gosh the list has been active today
18:27-!-Ndiin [ruler@ip68-109-168-161.ph.ph.cox.net] has joined #mythtv
18:32-!-mechou [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
18:32-!-ahbritto [~ahbritto@adsl-64-161-117-110.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net] has joined #mythtv
18:34-!-thor [] has quit ["using sirc version 2.211+KSIRC/1.2.1"]
18:36-!-FreddieD [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
18:36-!-thor [~thor@208.185.11.34] has joined #mythtv
19:09-!-schultmc [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
19:28-!-yourface [[pA]-33459@1Cust144.tnt1.bellingham2.wa.da.uu.net] has joined #mythtv
19:35<-- yourfacehas quit ()
19:36-!-sfr [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
19:45-!-Ndiin [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
20:00-!-StarHeart [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
20:01-!-hfb [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
20:05-!-billytwowilly [~chris@h24-86-147-220.ed.shawcable.net] has joined #mythtv
20:05-!-billytwowilly [] has quit [Client Quit]
20:06-!-FreddieD [uwsipfvx@CPE-65-26-9-73.kc.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
20:10<extremis>mikegrb: you alive?
20:23-!-dub20|zzz is now known as dub20
20:24<mikegrb>extremis: I'm here
20:31-!-FreddieD [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
20:54<rcaskey_>ls
20:54<rcaskey_>doh ;)
20:55-!-Ndiin [ruler@ip68-109-168-161.ph.ph.cox.net] has joined #mythtv
20:55<extremis>mikegrb: should I use silicon switching diodes or 50V 1Amicromini silicon diodes?
21:01<mikegrb>silicon switching should be fine
21:01<mikegrb>which is cheaper?
21:01<extremis>I have both
21:01<mikegrb>oic
21:01<mikegrb>I think either should work
21:02<extremis>does it matter what wattage the resisters are? 1/2 or 1/4
21:02<mikegrb>not really in this case
21:02<extremis>what about voltage on the LED?
21:02<mikegrb>the main thing is the resistance, this is a pretty low current circuit
21:02<extremis>the infra's are 1.6 and the led is 2.x
21:03<mikegrb>lemme look at the ckt
21:05<mikegrb>you should be okay the two infras are in series so that is 3.2 v the resistor that is series with the led will drop the extra voltage on that branch
21:09<extremis>ok, time to finish this up
21:09<extremis>gotta place the diods now
21:10<mikegrb>:-)
21:13-!-FreddieD [unzztv@CPE-65-26-9-73.kc.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
21:25-!-jkolb [~jkolb@216-53-148-194-host.mpinet.net] has joined #mythtv
21:25<jkolb>Chutt, Snow-Man: Get a chance to test yet?
21:26<Snow-Man>Sorry, no
21:26<Snow-Man>Unfortunately I've got alot of stuff on my plate atm.
21:26<jkolb>np
21:26<Snow-Man>Of course, Chutt probably didn't either since he's apparently been napping.
21:26<Snow-Man>:)
21:26<jkolb>Tsk tsk. So lazy. <g>
21:30<jkolb>Heh. Uhh, don't test that patch.
21:30<Snow-Man>haha
21:30<Chutt>bah, i'll do it later
21:30<jkolb>I forgot to add .png to the filenames before I call copy()
21:30<Chutt>heh
21:30<Chutt>oops
21:30<Chutt>that would be bad
21:31<jkolb>Got a frantic email from Martin.
21:31<Chutt>"why's it fill up my harddrive?"
21:31<jkolb>"Mucho disk thrashing and a small amount of panic,
21:31<jkolb>but I got it beaten down again :)
21:31<jkolb>"
21:31<jkolb>At least I know his httpd user can read that dir.
21:32<Chutt>hehe
21:34-!-FreddieD [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
21:34-!-ahbritto [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
21:34-!-mikegrb [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
21:36-!-ahbritto [~ahbritto@adsl-64-161-117-110.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net] has joined #mythtv
21:36-!-mikegrb [michael@pcp02798743pcs.goosck01.sc.comcast.net] has joined #mythtv
21:37-!-billytwowilly [~chris@h24-86-147-220.ed.shawcable.net] has joined #mythtv
21:37* mikegrbdoesn't recommend removing a laptop amd processors heat sink while compiling
21:38<jkolb>http://www.greyshift.net/preview-7.patch should be a little less drive-intensive. <g>
21:40-!-billytwowilly [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
21:43-!-dopez [] has quit ["gn"]
21:44-!-Viddy [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
21:47<jkolb>Ok, well, off again!
21:47<-- jkolbhas quit ()
21:54-!-moegreen [~jdanner@nr4-216-196-158-122.fuse.net] has joined #mythtv
21:57-!-moegreen_ [~jdanner@nr4-216-196-158-122.fuse.net] has joined #mythtv
22:00-!-phar0e_ [phar0e@cpe-24-24-236-156.socal.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
22:04-!-mikegrb [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
22:05-!-mikegrb [michael@pcp02798743pcs.goosck01.sc.comcast.net] has joined #mythtv
22:07-!-Viddy [~fieoihds@visp194-179.visp.co.nz] has joined #mythtv
22:25-!-mikegrb [] has quit [Killed (NickServ (ghosted: mikegrb_!michael@pcp02798743pcs.goosck01.sc.comcast.net))]
22:26-!-mikegrb [michael@pcp02798743pcs.goosck01.sc.comcast.net] has joined #mythtv
22:51<-- phar0e_has quit ()
22:51-!-tdb30_ [~tom@dsl081-143-042.chi1.dsl.speakeasy.net] has joined #mythtv
22:54* mikegrbjust convinced an ardent freebsd contributer (w/ cvs commit access) to install linux so he can try at mythtv :-)
22:55-!-Ndiin [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
23:00-!-bline [office-6@office.gossamer-threads.com] has joined #mythtv
23:01<tdb30_>why not have him just port mythtv to bsd?
23:02<mikegrb>that was a possibility
23:02<mikegrb>v4l is the main catch
23:02<tdb30_>oh 4vl isn't available to bsd?
23:02<mikegrb>it may be comming though the system he is going to try it out on isn't that speedy
23:03<tdb30_>kernel module eh.
23:03<bline>"video 4 linux"
23:03<mikegrb>he wrote the software watchdog that just got added to the kernel
23:04<mikegrb>there is preliminary v4l stuff for freebsd but I don't know what the status is
23:13-!-FreddieD [ywmfbv@CPE-65-26-9-73.kc.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
23:19<FreddieD>So... why does XMLTV have against reverse compatability
23:19<FreddieD>err what
23:20<FreddieD>s/reverse/backwards
23:21<mikegrb>heh
23:21<mikegrb>appearantly they don't want people using thier work
23:29-!-phar0e_ [phar0e@cpe-24-24-236-156.socal.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
23:30<mikegrb>hey phar0e_ welcome back
23:31-!-Dalroth2 [~bryan@dsl017-021-251.chi1.dsl.speakeasy.net] has joined #mythtv
23:40-!-Ndiin [ruler@ip68-109-168-161.ph.ph.cox.net] has joined #mythtv
23:43<phar0e_>hello
23:47-!-grogan [~aaron@p68-204.acedsl.com] has joined #mythtv
23:49<grogan>hello