Back to Home / #mythtv / 2007 / 11 / Prev Day | Next Day
#mythtv IRC Logs for 2007-11-29

---Logopened Thu Nov 29 00:00:38 2007
00:01|-|CDev_ [n=CDev@c-71-233-206-26.hsd1.ma.comcast.net] has joined #mythtv
00:01|-|CDev [n=CDev@c-71-233-206-26.hsd1.ma.comcast.net] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
00:04|-|BigJ [n=jason@d141-244-45.home.cgocable.net] has quit ["Leaving"]
00:08|-|BigJ [n=jason@d141-244-45.home.cgocable.net] has joined #mythtv
00:17|-|BigJ [n=jason@d141-244-45.home.cgocable.net] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
00:18|-|hads|home [n=hads@mail.nice.net.nz] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
00:27|-|BigJ [n=jason@d141-244-45.home.cgocable.net] has joined #mythtv
00:37|-|purserj [n=purserj@k-sit.com] has joined #mythtv
01:23|-|Tanthrix [n=tanthrix@c-71-56-144-82.hsd1.or.comcast.net] has joined #mythtv
01:59|-|PointyPumper [i=Pintlezz@168.226.249.82] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
02:52|-|gnome42 [n=gnome42@76-10-156-214.dsl.teksavvy.com] has quit ["Leaving"]
03:10|-|pkendall2 [n=paul@125-238-111-247.broadband-telecom.global-gateway.net.nz] has joined #mythtv
03:14|-|pkendall2 [n=paul@125-238-111-247.broadband-telecom.global-gateway.net.nz] has quit ["Konversation terminated!"]
03:15|-|Dibblah [n=Dibblah@80-192-14-169.cable.ubr02.dund.blueyonder.co.uk] has joined #mythtv
03:22|-|feiner [n=feiner@12-214-64-245.client.mchsi.com] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
03:27|-|jhulst [n=jhulst@unaffiliated/jhulst] has quit ["Konversation terminated!"]
03:31|-|jtmoney [i=jtmoney@ip24-250-141-220.ga.at.cox.net] has joined #mythtv
03:39|-|xris [n=xris@xris.forevermore.net] has quit ["Leaving."]
03:40|-|PointyPumper [i=Pintlezz@168.226.249.229] has joined #mythtv
03:43|-|jtmoney [i=jtmoney@ip24-250-141-220.ga.at.cox.net] has quit []
03:47|-|feiner [n=feiner@12-214-64-245.client.mchsi.com] has joined #mythtv
04:11|-|t0ny2 [n=t0ny-p40@72.24.29.46] has joined #mythtv
04:21|-|t0ny-p40 [n=t0ny-p40@72.24.29.46] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
04:25|-|t0ny-p40 [n=t0ny-p40@72.24.29.46] has joined #mythtv
04:34|-|onixian [n=xian@host-84-222-50-154.cust-adsl.tiscali.it] has joined #mythtv
04:36|-|t0ny2 [n=t0ny-p40@72.24.29.46] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
04:36|-|justinh [n=justinh@spc1-salf3-0-0-cust997.bagu.broadband.ntl.com] has joined #mythtv
04:41<justinh>ooo lovely. changes that break themes :(
04:48<justinh>this is only going to get worse before it gets better too
05:09|-|t0ny2 [n=t0ny-p40@72.24.29.46] has joined #mythtv
05:14<stuarta>justinh: isn't that always the way?
05:14<justinh>yeah. sucks to be the most prodigious themer :)
05:20|-|t0ny-p40 [n=t0ny-p40@72.24.29.46] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
05:20|-|t0ny2 changed nick to t0ny-p40
05:24<justinh>bye bye blackholes!
05:28|-|ireverentReveren [n=bah@12-219-28-217.client.mchsi.com] has joined #mythtv
05:31|-|Ozymandias2 [n=bah@12-219-28-217.client.mchsi.com] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
05:40[~]justinh wonders if there's any danger of the unknown tag reporting saying which line the problem is with
05:50<justinh>if an image in a background container doesn't have a 'name' would that cause problems?
05:50<justinh>like cause it to be an unknown tag?
06:01|-|t0ny2 [n=t0ny-p40@72.24.29.46] has joined #mythtv
06:01<gbee>justinh: easy to add the linenumber macro to those error messages
06:01<gbee>oh nevermind, misunderstood that -you mean in the theme, not the code
06:03<justinh>aye I meant which xml line number.
06:03<gbee>justinh: cerr << "Image needs a name\n";
06:03<gbee>so in answer to your question, yes all images need names
06:04<justinh>aye but that isn't this.. "MythThemedMenuPrivate: Unknown tag image in background
06:04<stuarta>anyone else not seeing eit verbose messages lately?
06:05<gbee>stuarta: I'm not seeing EIT messages or receiving any passive EIT
06:05<gbee>somethings borked
06:06<stuarta>i should be seeing active eit messages, but i'm not even seeing that.
06:06<justinh>AFAIK there haven't been any changes to the background container handling so I'd have thought at worst the container would just be ignored
06:06<gbee>I turned on -v eit to find out what the problem was, but nothing
06:06<stuarta>i always run with -v eit, just the output stopped after an update a few days ago
06:07<stuarta>okay, that's bad
06:07<stuarta>1157Mb free. 2Gb is my minimum free
06:07<gbee>justinh: in most places the containers aren't special - so you can create as many containers as you want and name them what you want but things will work as they did before
06:07<stuarta>auto expirer is borked too.
06:07<gbee>stuarta: yeah, auto-expire got broken too
06:08<gbee>may be fixed in head, but I'm not sure
06:08<stuarta>just updated.
06:08<stuarta>so i doubt it
06:08<justinh>gbee: yeah and where containers aren't looked for or drawn they're just ignored, so I dunno what the problem is here. and 'image' is definitely a valid tag for a container
06:08<gbee>justinh: so only on a handful of badly written screens is the background container special
06:09<justinh>maybe the image not having a name caused a problem with one of the 'special' cases
06:09<stuarta>something is completely naffed.
06:09<stuarta>mythbackend --printexpire doesn't return anything
06:09<gbee>just want to pastebin it? maybe a second pair of eyes?
06:09<janneg>stuarta: hmm, I assume 850MB is not bitrate for 15 minutes?
06:09<janneg>bbl lunch
06:09<stuarta>janneg: no, generally ~1G per hour for most things
06:10<stuarta>movies up to 2.2Gb per hour
06:10<justinh>gbee: the only suspect I found was a container called "background2" for the gallery view. there was <image> <filename>foo.png rather than <image name="boofar" draworder="0"> <filename...
06:11<gbee>and it's not getting drawn?
06:11[~]stuarta goes for a downgrade.
06:11<justinh>gbee: I think that's what was causing the problem in #4238
06:11<justinh>I couldn't think of any other suspect
06:12<gbee>justinh: ahhh, that's theme.xml
06:12<justinh>that was my handiwork too, the gallery view background handler.. <cough> cutNpaste
06:12<gbee>MythThemedMenuPrivate is the menu theme class
06:13<justinh>so you broke that aswell? eesh! ;)
06:14<gbee>well not broke exactly, I just removed image from the list of valid elements for "background" because it's not valid there - shouldn't be causing a crash though
06:14|-|t0ny-p40 [n=t0ny-p40@72.24.29.46] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
06:14<justinh>so the background is moved from theme.xml AND base.xml to just base.xml now?
06:14<justinh>er.. background _image_ definition I mean
06:14|-|t0ny2 changed nick to t0ny-p40
06:15[~]stuarta goes back to 14957
06:17<justinh>I need to keep more on top of these things so they don't take me so much by surprise
06:17<justinh>so basically I just need to remove the <image> tags from theme.xml & make sure they're in base.xml instead
06:18<gbee>justinh: not sure what the status quo was before the mythui port for the menus, just that the element "image" in the background element of theme.xml is no longer valid
06:19<gbee>you can specify a background for the menu button area using <buttonarea background="backgrounds/menu_background.png">
06:20<justinh>cool
06:21|-|czth_ [i=dbrobins@nat/microsoft/x-a66013f5a1da445f] has joined #mythtv
06:21<justinh>wonder why ikke was seeing the crash with blootube-wide but not neon-wide if it was the rogue <image> tag though
06:22<stuarta>2007-11-29 11:22:05.890 AutoExpire: Found max recording rate of 0 MB/min
06:22<stuarta>2007-11-29 11:22:05.891 AutoExpire: CalcParams(): Required Free Space: 0.0 GB w/freq: 15 min
06:22<stuarta>that's part of the autoexpirer problem
06:22<stuarta>that's with 14957
06:24<stuarta>but at least the eit messages are back
06:27<gbee>odd, my EIT breakage seems to go back further than that
06:28<stuarta>odd indeed.
06:28<stuarta>i'm currently looking for a likely culprit for the autoexpirer
06:30<gbee>other backend is on [14949] and has working active EIT
06:30<gbee>active EIT is disabled on this backend, but passive EIT stopped working a few days ago
06:32<gbee>stuarta: look at janneg's changes to support multirec
06:33<gbee>http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/14901
06:34<stuarta>it'll try 14901, then 14900
06:34<stuarta>one i read -commits back that far :)
06:35<gbee>janneg actually asked me for logs with -v file, I just haven't got around to it
06:36<stuarta>i'm away for the weekend so i need autoexpiry working, and have no time to debug
06:38|-|czth__ [i=dbrobins@nat/microsoft/x-9e02cab029c7c3b1] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
06:50<janneg>stuarta: required free space 0 is expected behaviour if no recordings are running and from that output you I would guess you don't have 2GB extra space configured
06:50<stuarta>i have had 2g space configured for a long time.
06:51<stuarta>don't happen to know the variable in the DB to check to you?
06:51<janneg>I'll check the source
06:52<janneg>stuarta: AutoExpireExtraSpace
06:53<justinh>AutoExpireExtraSpace?
06:53<justinh>heh too slow
06:53<stuarta>hmmm, now how did that end up as 0 when i set it to 2g a *long* time ago
06:55[~]stuarta does some mysql fu and makes it 2 again.
06:57<stuarta>2007-11-16 10:35:11.044 AutoExpire: CalcParams(): Required Free Space: 2.0 GB w/freq: 5 min
06:57<stuarta>2007-11-29 11:22:05.891 AutoExpire: CalcParams(): Required Free Space: 0.0 GB w/freq: 15 min
06:57<stuarta>right, so what changed my default free space requirement.
06:58<stuarta>and frequency for that matter
06:59<stuarta>that'll be 14901 changing the freq
07:01<stuarta>so running 14901, changing AutoExpireExtraSpace back to 2Gb and it autoexpires as expected....
07:05<stuarta>i updated for the first time in 10 days on tue 27th, so that explains why there isn't another CalcParams() log message
07:08|-|purserj [n=purserj@k-sit.com] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
07:09|-|purserj [n=purserj@k-sit.com] has joined #mythtv
07:15<janneg>stuarta: no, the 2GB from 2007-11-16, are 19.4mbps * 300 seconds * 2 capture cards * 1.3 (safety factor)
07:15<janneg>AutoExpireExtraSpace was 0 there too
07:18<janneg>the way the autoexpirer works after 14901 is that the scheduler notice the auto expirer when a recording starts and to which filesystem it writes
07:19<janneg>the autoexpirer calculates then from the busy recordings how moch space is needed for each filesystem
07:24<stuarta>hmmm
07:27<gbee>janneg: how does it handle AutoExpireExtraSpace if it's zero? I've just checked the backend that was having auto-expiry problems and it was also zero, but the backend on 1Gb continued to work as expected
07:28<gbee>maybe it's just coincidence, but the backend where AutoExpireExtraSpace == 0 ran out of space the other day because it wasn't expiring anything
07:29<stuarta>i was wondering that too.
07:30<stuarta>ah, correct me if i'm wrong here, but in the settings pages i've always made sure it said 2gb free.
07:30<stuarta>does that translate to AutoExpireExtraSpace == 0?
07:30<gbee>I haven't dared to let that backend get near to requiring autoexpire since, so maybe it's fixed - I don't know
07:31<stuarta>gbee: are you able to check your settings in the settings screens?
07:32<gbee>stuarta: sure, give me a minute
07:32<stuarta>np
07:32<janneg>gbee: if AutoExpireExtraSpace > 0 you won't notice if the autoexpirer doesn't delete fast enough
07:33<gbee>that's never been a problem in the past, but maybe I was just unlucky this time
07:34<stuarta>was there previously a check to make sure that there's always some space available?
07:34<janneg>gbee: in the past the autoexpirer hold much more space free
07:34<gbee>stuarta: "Extra Disc Space (in Gigabytes)" is zero on the machine where AutoExpireExtraSpace == 0
07:34<stuarta>janneg: i suspect that is behaviour many people rely on
07:34<stuarta>gbee: k
07:35<bendailey>autoexpire is an issues that I have had twice in the last 2 weeks
07:36[~]stuarta throws that theory out the window
07:37<gbee>maybe we should be making the minimum valid value for AutoExpireExtraSpace > 0, say 1Gb or more
07:38<janneg>I think I know there the culprit is. the autoexpirer needs to be run immediately when a new recording starts
07:40<bendailey>stuarta: are you getting an accurate max recording rate from AutoExpire?
07:40<janneg>gbee: that shouldn't be needed. I might add 500M and a check with verbose if there is less the 500M
07:41<janneg>bendailey: define accurate
07:41<gbee>janneg: 500M is fine
07:41<bendailey>janneg: anything more the 0MB/min
07:42<janneg>bendailey: 0MB/min is accurate if no recording is running
07:42<janneg>I should state that explicitly in the VERBOSE string
07:45<bendailey>so do these look correct? http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/46215/
07:46<bendailey>it looks like even after a recording starts that max recording rate is still 0 MB/min
07:50<justinh>good grief that 'freds' mailing list thread got legs didn't it?
07:51<gbee>heh
07:51<justinh>maybe I should've suggested renaming 'video sources' to 'mohammeds' & sit back to watch the fireworks
07:51<gbee>I was hoping to put an end to it, but it was probably just fuel on the fire
07:52<justinh>I shouldn't made it clear that if it did come about it'd be me making the changes but I think it's as good as off the table now
07:52<laga>justinh: rotfl
07:52<justinh>*should've.. oops
07:56[~]justinh sings the "I wish I could code" song again
07:57<laga>learn it? :)
07:59<justinh>when my new frontend's running (CPU, grrr, CPU, grrr!) I plan to pick up some stuff I started on ages ago
07:59|-|Timelord_ [n=jeremy@i-195-137-17-204.freedom2surf.net] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
08:00|-|Timelord_ [n=jeremy@i-195-137-17-204.freedom2surf.net] has joined #mythtv
08:00[~]laga will be fixing his grabber this weekend..
08:01<justinh>just hypothetically speaking.. if the code I mess with as a plugin (for the appearance stuff) works ok would it be reasonably easy to integrate it?
08:26<janneg>bendailey: no that doesn't look alright, can you please paste a full log with -v file
08:49|-|janneg [n=janne@v29714.1blu.de] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
08:49|-|BigJ [n=jason@d141-244-45.home.cgocable.net] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
08:49|-|janneg [n=janne@v29714.1blu.de] has joined #mythtv
08:51<gbee>justinh: don't see why not
09:26|-|Cardoe [n=cardoe@gentoo/developer/Cardoe] has joined #mythtv
09:48<gbee>eugh, mythvideo greyout stuff has spoilt my day
09:49<gbee>if I wanted to grey out the page, wouldn't I just do it in the theme? drawing a page sized layer like that also screws up the layout since positioning is done from the page edge and not from the container margins
09:50<justinh>is that the ...loading... stuff?
09:51<gbee>yeah
09:52<gbee>I'll remove it, but I just can't stop to do it right now
09:53<justinh>that's been one of the petty things I ran into ages ago. couldn't see the point changing it since I'd not see it myself for yonks unless I backported it
09:56|-|Dibblah [n=Dibblah@80-192-14-169.cable.ubr02.dund.blueyonder.co.uk] has quit ["Plugin Unloaded"]
09:58<gbee>actually, I just compiling a patch now - if it's as simple as it looks and the patch works, then ...
09:58|-|Dibblah [n=Dibblah@80-192-14-169.cable.ubr02.dund.blueyonder.co.uk] has joined #mythtv
09:58|-|Dibblah [n=Dibblah@80-192-14-169.cable.ubr02.dund.blueyonder.co.uk] has quit [Client Quit]
09:59[~]gbee hates it when su takes so long to respond that he's typed out his entire password in clear text before the prompt appears
10:01|-|Dibblah [n=Dibblah@80-192-14-169.cable.ubr02.dund.blueyonder.co.uk] has joined #mythtv
10:10[~]stuarta suspects gbee is a bit lagged.
10:15|-|onixian [n=xian@host-84-222-50-154.cust-adsl.tiscali.it] has quit ["This computer has gone to sleep"]
10:24|-|mattwire [n=mattwire@host81-153-230-142.range81-153.btcentralplus.com] has joined #mythtv
10:24<bendailey>janneg: here is the full backend log with important,general,file http://work.bhmsd.k12.in.us/backend_112907.log
10:25[~]justinh feels slightly heartened that the new cpus he's watching are all in manchester & offer the buyer the chance to collect
10:28<gbee>ok cool, it's a rushed patch, but if anyone wants to test it for me - http://pastebin.ca/801732
10:31|-|PointyPumper [i=Pintlezz@168.226.249.229] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
10:33<janneg>gbee: do you have only one recording dir?
10:34<gbee>on the backend which was failing to autoexpire, yes
10:35|-|MrGandalf [n=buechlmr@cpe-72-225-32-214.rochester.res.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
10:35<bendailey>janneg: do you want me to cut down the full log to just a smaller portion?
10:35<janneg>that's probably the cause. I'll fix it later
10:36<janneg>bendailey: no, it's ok. I found the issue already
10:36<bendailey>great I only have on recording dir also is that the problem?
10:36<bendailey>s/on/one/
10:36<janneg>I'm pretty sure
10:39|-|Viaken [n=david@adsl-153-153-4.cha.bellsouth.net] has joined #mythtv
10:41|-|Viaken [n=david@adsl-153-153-4.cha.bellsouth.net] has left #mythtv ["I'll eventually remember to use the right channel..."]
10:43|-|cyberpass [n=dns@ip-65-38-99-229.hou.vericenter.com] has joined #MYTHTV
10:45<gbee>justinh: with the above patch, this is what it can look like - http://miffteevee.co.uk/imagebin/metallurgy73.png
10:45<gbee>you might notice that I've change dthe text
10:45<justinh>woo that's better
10:47<GreyFoxx>gbee: a popup/status window patch ?
10:48<GreyFoxx>I like the look of that, and there is probably other places we can use that to at least let theuser know we are doing something rather than have them hit buttons multiple times
10:49<gbee>GreyFoxx: just a change to the way mythvideo creates popups, it's not really a seperate popup dialogue, but a container in the window which is optionally turned on/off
10:50<GreyFoxx>ahhh
10:51<gbee>produces much the same effect, but doesn't have it's own keypress handling etc, so escape etc have to be implemented in the main window
10:52<gbee>I just didn't like the way mythvideo was handling it before because it wasn't so easy to theme, this is just a minor change
10:53<gbee>see the inetwait container in mythvideo and VideoManager::doWaitBackground()
10:53<gbee>sorry, that should be inetwait container in video-ui.xml
10:56<GreyFoxx>hehe
10:57<gbee>I was supposed to be looking at a computer for a family friend tonight, just got a call from my mum to say that I don't need to go there after all but that she will explain later .... mysterious
10:58<justinh>they found the power switch :)
10:59<gbee>shame because they were insisting on paying me for my time (they haven't in the past)
10:59<justinh>one of my wife's mates pays me in Jack Daniels for updating her (free) AV software
11:00<gbee>heh, that's basically the sort of stuff I've done for them in the past and all I've got out of it was a cup of tea ;)
11:01<GreyFoxx>my standard payment is pizza or lasanga :)
11:01<GreyFoxx>for friends/family
11:01<GreyFoxx>though I do it less and less
11:01<GreyFoxx>if you are a friend of a friend, or a friend of family, no chance :)
11:01<gbee>I even fitted a new deadlock on her door, 3 hours of drilling, chiseling etc
11:01<gbee>that time I got two cups of tea
11:02<GreyFoxx>Though I have like 30 or so Myth boxes out there that I setup for people over the years and I still do updates for each major revision for most of them
11:02<justinh>that's what I call taking the pee
11:02[~]justinh struggles to remember what JD tastes like...
11:02[~]stuarta is currently on a detour through the land of Rum
11:03<justinh>nah that can't be true. must've had some since LRL, surely..
11:03<justinh>must rectify that this weekend
11:03<gbee>heh, I've 1/3 of a bottle sitting on my desk
11:03<justinh>watch out, Manchestuhhhhhh
11:03<stuarta>hmmm, only have beer & redwine at home.
11:05<janneg>gbee, bendailey: please try http://pastebin.ca/801769
11:06<janneg>argh, that was stupid. it was a situation I wanted to handle later and forgot then
11:07<jams>gbee http://www.mythvantage.com/menugraph.png
11:07<janneg>I wonder why we got not more complains
11:07|-|capt-rogers [n=teddy@office.sevenl.net] has joined #mythtv
11:07<jams>still need some formating, but it works
11:07<janneg>I guess most mythboxes have at least 2 directories in the mostly used storage group
11:08<gbee>janneg: I wouldn't worry, as long as the fix works :)
11:08<jams>crap almost works I appear to be missing a few boxes.
11:09<janneg>it's completely untested I'll test and commit later
11:09<MrGandalf>hmm, did the HD ringbuffer size setting in the frontend get removed?
11:10<gbee>jams: looking good though
11:10<gbee>MrGandalf: got moved to mythtv-setup I thought
11:10<gbee>though maybe I'm remembering wrong
11:11<MrGandalf>gbee: thanks.. I always wondered why a backend setting was available on the frontend anyway
11:11<jams>oh i see i didn't account for plugins having their own menus
11:12<stuarta>janneg: i wouldn't bet on it. for a long time i had 1 SG with 1 dir, now have 2 SG with 1 dir each
11:12<MrGandalf>thinking of putting together a patch for customizing the write buffer and read-ahead chunk size
11:12<stuarta>MrGandalf: why's that?
11:13<MrGandalf>stuarta: so people can fine tune their systems. I know the settings in Myth are WAY too high for me
11:14<stuarta>it just struck me as being a case where the buffer tuning code should be able to do the job
11:14<stuarta>rather than adding further to the settings
11:15<justinh>heh. playing with buffer settings til playback works properly sounds like 'fun'
11:15<gbee>better that it's handled automatically, way too much potential for users to screw up
11:16<MrGandalf>stuarta: gotta go, but I can explain when I get back. Short of it is that myth doesn't like low bandwidth streams, especially DVB radio. Also, switching from a high bandwidth to a low is problematic.
11:16<justinh>MrGandalf: would that affect playback of recordings too?
11:16<MrGandalf>I divide three settings between threaded filr writer and ringbuffer by 4
11:16<MrGandalf>yes
11:16<justinh>I've been seeing gappy playback & it's not caused by cpu pegging
11:16<MrGandalf>bbl
11:17<gbee>now I know that my underpowered frontend struggles with low bandwidth stuff e.g. black scenes
11:17<stuarta>we need to do quite a bit to handle dvb radio streams better.
11:17<justinh>gbee: that's just daft sounding but I know what you mean
11:17<stuarta>or any low video bitrate recording
11:17<justinh>that could be any freeview stream
11:18<stuarta>it's legal to just have a plain I frame as the vid stream + a normal audio stream
11:18<justinh>Dave, Virgin1.. E4, E4+1.. have trouble with those these days
11:18<gbee>every time the the scene transitions in West Wing happened (fade to black) the audio would go to hell
11:18<gbee>and more recently during a documentary where there were several shots of snowy landscape occupying most of the screen the same thing would happen
11:18<janneg>DVB radio is better in multirec
11:20<justinh>it all sounds crazy to me. I always assumed it'd be best to buffer a set amount, don't jiggle about in it
11:20<stuarta>we should do things like save the channel type from the DVB tables
11:20<stuarta>so when we expect a radio channel we auto switch to the best settings for them
11:20<stuarta>like audio as a timebase etc.
11:21<justinh>that reminds me I need to turn that off. I don't like the wowing audio
11:23<stuarta>you get that?
11:24<justinh>aye
11:24<justinh>only after the OSD has been up
11:24<justinh>it's naaaaaaaaasty
11:24<justinh>prolly won't affect me when I put the Epia in the bin
11:25<stuarta>i'll volunteer to be the bin
11:25<gbee>doh, too slow
11:26<gbee> :)
11:26<stuarta>would it work okay as a backend me wonders.
11:27<gbee>the only problem with that patch is it probably breaks existing themes which don't have a background defined for those containers (the 'popups'), which means I need to spend time editing a bunch of themes :(
11:27<gbee>stuarta: probably do better there than as a frontend
11:30<gbee>if you are looking to save power (and therefore money) an Epia powered backend makes a lot more sense than a frontend, backends have to be running 24/7, frontends don't
11:31<justinh>with one PCI slot? rofl
11:32<Dibblah>PCI -> PCI bridge'll fix that ;)
11:32<Dibblah>gbee: Epia doesn't make sense any more.
11:33<justinh>kinda does away with the low-power argument though
11:33<Dibblah>Seriously. What's the power consumption? 30w from the wall?
11:33<gbee>just depends what sort of recording power you want
11:33<Dibblah>Bridge card draws less than 2w.
11:34<Dibblah>The machine I'm on at the moment is drawing 25w.
11:34<justinh>anybody have any idea why going into the video settings (as in media setting > video settings) would even load video-ui.xml ?
11:34<gbee>Dibblah: no they don't, just saying that an Epia powered backend makes more sense to be than a frontend if power savings are your ultimate goal
11:34<gbee>justinh: file associations menu
11:34<Dibblah>Even so - It's not even close to HD capable.
11:35<Dibblah>Which wasn't something I had taken into consideration here :(
11:35<gbee>justinh: hmm, second thoughts, I dunno
11:35<justinh>it's not even close to SD capable without xvmc
11:35<Dibblah>Commercial flagging h.264 _hurts_.
11:36<gbee>sure you are just getting flagging confused with flogging?
11:36[~]justinh is confused. checkins today didn't fix that ticketed issue
11:36<gbee>justinh: ask for a backtrace
11:36<justinh>I'm sure there's no other commits I've missed
11:37<justinh>gbee: I have done- that he'd attach it to the ticket
11:40<justinh>never seen a backtrace before. sounds scary wary
11:42|-|dr_lulz [n=l0l@lulzmeister.de] has quit ["CHOOO CHOOOOO!"]
11:43|-|JoeBorn [n=rootmeis@cpe-66-1-5-91.il.sprintbbd.net] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
11:46<gbee>who added the Image Cache to mythvideo? wondering if there would be any objections if I move the cache hit messages to VB_FILE
11:47<justinh>think it was Anduin
11:47<justinh>never seen a cache hit in mythvideo. dunno what goes on there
11:49<jams>almost done except for one "special" case with mytharchive.
11:51<gbee>trust mytharchive to have special cases
11:51|-|JoeBorn [n=rootmeis@adsl-75-3-11-161.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net] has joined #mythtv
11:51<stuarta>gbee: i'd do it, that spews many messages
11:53|-|lulzmstr [n=l0l@lulzmeister.de] has joined #mythtv
11:54|-|gnome42 [n=gnome42@76-10-156-214.dsl.teksavvy.com] has joined #mythtv
11:55|-|onixian [n=xian@89-96-28-147.ip10.fastwebnet.it] has joined #mythtv
11:57<justinh>where does mythvideo cache the images to anyway? into ram?
11:58<stuarta>under your home dir somewhere iirc
11:59<justinh>hmmm.
12:05<justinh>can't find anything there
12:09<leprechau>brb...rebooter...kernel update....
12:09|-|leprechau [i=charlie@c-71-228-201-48.hsd1.tn.comcast.net] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
12:15|-|mattwire_ [n=mattwire@host86-134-202-69.range86-134.btcentralplus.com] has joined #mythtv
12:15|-|Chutt [n=ijr@dsl093-011-148.cle1.dsl.speakeasy.net] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
12:24|-|Hub441 [n=Hub441@dialin-212-144-149-179.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #mythtv
12:24|-|Hub441 [n=Hub441@dialin-212-144-149-179.pools.arcor-ip.net] has left #mythtv []
12:24|-|leprechau [i=charlie@c-71-228-201-48.hsd1.tn.comcast.net] has joined #mythtv
12:25<justinh>wooo apparently my cpu was shipped today. just spoke to the seller. two problems .. 1. new baby & 2 a sky.com email address. bah humbug but should have it tomorrow or sat latest :) (cross everything!)
12:32|-|onixian [n=xian@89-96-28-147.ip10.fastwebnet.it] has quit ["This computer has gone to sleep"]
12:33|-|mattwire [n=mattwire@host81-153-230-142.range81-153.btcentralplus.com] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
12:39|-|lsobral [n=sobral@200.184.118.132] has quit ["leaving"]
12:47|-|lsobral [n=sobral@200.184.118.132] has joined #mythtv
12:49|-|beavis [n=beavis@drms-590c781c.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #mythtv
12:53<jams>gbee- http://jmeyer.us/screens/menugraph/ which one is better landscape or top-bottom ?
12:54<jams>or anybody else for that matter
12:55|-|PointyPumper [i=Pintlezz@168.226.249.4] has joined #mythtv
12:55<gbee>top-bottom
12:56<gbee>you can see all menus at the second level without having to scroll down, which is better IMHO
12:58<gbee>top-down always works better in hierarchy diagrams
12:58<jams>works for me
13:04|-|janneg [n=janne@v29714.1blu.de] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
13:04|-|janneg [n=janne@v29714.1blu.de] has joined #mythtv
13:05<gbee>it's pretty good from a design POV, the first thing I notice is the number of menus with more than the optimum number of entries (6), then items which don't really belong where they are - e.g. Archive Files
13:05<gbee>menu items which could be merged e.g. Play DVD, Play VCD
13:08<gbee>System Status might be better under Utilities/Setup, it's the odd one out in it's current group
13:09<jams>going to get rid of the black bg, doesn't print so well.
13:10<jams>waste of ink
13:15<bendailey>janneg: the autoexpire patch didn't compile cleanly for me http://pastebin.ca/801896
13:16<janneg>bendailey: sorry, probably only a missing ;
13:17<janneg>but I can test now myself commit it soon
13:17<bendailey>ok I was just getting to look at the code
13:25|-|shanky [n=shanky@89.140.48.32] has joined #mythtv
13:26|-|shanky [n=shanky@89.140.48.32] has left #mythtv []
13:28<bendailey>janneg: looks like it was a copy and paste error autoexpire.cpp line 167 should be for (; unknownfs_it != fsEncoderMap[-1].end(); ++unknownfs_it) instead of the ++encit?
13:28<bendailey>I am just trying to learn and wonder if this is the correct solution
13:29<gbee>sphery: hope you didn't take any personal offence from my post to the -dev list
13:31|-|leprechau [i=charlie@c-71-228-201-48.hsd1.tn.comcast.net] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
13:34<Anduin>gbee: You can move them to file or comment them out (I've been meaning to remove them for some time, yes even easy things take me forever)
13:35|-|kormoc [n=kormoc@unaffiliated/kormoc] has joined #mythtv
13:36<gbee>Anduin: I went ahead and moved them to file, I figure that leaving them available for debugging is a good idea until you are satisfied that the caching is working as intended
13:37|-|onixian [n=xian@host-84-222-50-154.cust-adsl.tiscali.it] has joined #mythtv
13:37<Anduin>gbee: Yeah it is only neglect that has them remaining, and yes apparently I've not finished going through e-mail
13:41<Anduin>gbee: Do you have a sample title for #4241?
13:42<gbee>"The Hunt for Red October" - http://miffteevee.co.uk/imagebin/mythvideo_imdb_fault.png
13:43<kormoc>gbee, is that from the web mythvideo client?
13:44<gbee>it worked fine earlier this week, but I cleared out the video list so I could test the theme properly and when I did the search again it was getting it wrong
13:44<gbee>kormoc: no, mythvideo video manager
13:44<kormoc>ahh, kk
13:45<Anduin>Yeah, I can reproduce it
13:46|-|jgarvey [n=jgarvey@cpe-024-163-032-204.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
13:46<gbee>I was thinking it would be a good idea just to check that the resulting ID for non-numeric characters so that it would fail rather than insert rubbish into the database
13:48|-|janneg [n=janne@v29714.1blu.de] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
13:48<gbee>as a safeguard for the future, not necessarily a fix for that specific problem
13:49|-|janneg [n=janne@v29714.1blu.de] has joined #mythtv
13:50<kormoc>gbee, one issue is that field isn't always used for imdb numbers, as there are other international film sites that people use
13:50<kormoc>gbee, if we didn't want to support those, another better fix would be to just set the db field as numeric only
13:51<Anduin>maybe, though it is easier to see what has gone wrong (vs the IMDB search for X title return no results tickets)
13:51<Anduin>Yeah, if I did it, it would be in imdb.pl not in the C++ code
13:56<gbee>kormoc: meant in the imdb.pl script, sanity checking doesn't have to happen in mythvideo itself
13:56<gbee>err, what Anduin said
13:57<gbee>Anduin: can imdb.pl return an error state, so that we can tell users "Lookup error" without sticking bogus data in the database?
13:59<kormoc>kk
13:59<gbee>combined with a log message giving the title and point of failure, reporting and fixing the issue shouldn't be too difficult
14:00|-|lsobral [n=sobral@200.184.118.132] has quit ["leaving"]
14:00<justinh>hmm no backtrace for #4238. I'll have to try to reproduce it here
14:04<jams>gbee- menugraph.py can be found at http://mythvantage.com/request.php?9
14:05<justinh>time to dig out the devvy box & try to remember the password
14:06<gbee>jams: thanks, I think that is going to be very useful :)
14:06<jams>needs libs are listed at the top of the file.
14:07<gbee>the output is definately something that should end up in the appendix of the official docs or the wiki
14:08<justinh>what is it people say about python being easier to understand than C++? I look at that script & think "eh?" like I do with C++ ;)
14:08<jams>it should list what menu diagram your looking at.
14:08<jams>a label of sorts
14:10<jams>heh I wouldn't say it's easier to understand, but it's certainly quicker for me.
14:11|-|lsobral [n=sobral@200.184.118.132] has joined #mythtv
14:13|-|Le_Vert [n=gandalf@arl57-2-82-241-96-158.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #mythtv
14:14|-|Le_Vert [n=gandalf@arl57-2-82-241-96-158.fbx.proxad.net] has left #mythtv ["Konversation terminated!"]
14:15<jams>justinh- for sure that file could be cleaned up and made a bit easier to understand.
14:15|-|xris [n=xris@dsl081-161-160.sea1.dsl.speakeasy.net] has joined #mythtv
14:16|-|onixian [n=xian@host-84-222-50-154.cust-adsl.tiscali.it] has quit ["This computer has gone to sleep"]
14:20|-|davilla [n=davilla@24.172.19.62] has joined #mythtv
14:23<gbee>when is the PlayWait stuff in mythvideo used? I've can't seem to find what I need to do to trigger it
14:28<Anduin>gbee: It is, play a video, that flash you see is that screen.
14:30<Anduin>(it may be easier to notice if you incur an exec)
14:31<Anduin>and no, there is currently no way for fetch scripts to do any error reporting
14:31<gbee>Anduin: ok, thanks I'll change the command to sleep and at least then I should be able to theme it correctly
14:45<gbee>bug in the theme cache, seems if you install a new version of a plugin or mythfrontend, but don't update the theme at the same time, then the default images overwrite the theme images in the cache
14:46|-|Netsplit calvino.freenode.net <-> irc.freenode.net quits: flatronf701B, Mybaer, mattwire_, lsobral
14:47|-|Netsplit over, joins: lsobral, mattwire_, Mybaer, flatronf701B
14:51|-|mattwire__ [n=mattwire@host86-148-151-100.range86-148.btcentralplus.com] has joined #mythtv
14:55|-|moodboom [n=moodboom@cpe-075-177-134-090.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #mythtv
14:58|-|mattwire [n=mattwire@host81-158-235-104.range81-158.btcentralplus.com] has joined #mythtv
15:00|-|alibi [n=sprak@host-213-189-171-85.brutele.be] has joined #mythtv
15:00|-|alibi [n=sprak@host-213-189-171-85.brutele.be] has left #mythtv []
15:06|-|kormoc [n=kormoc@unaffiliated/kormoc] has quit []
15:08|-|mattwire_ [n=mattwire@host86-134-202-69.range86-134.btcentralplus.com] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
15:13<justinh>yay yamipod just wrecked my bro inlaw's ipod
15:13<bendailey>janneg: I have a corrected version of the autoexpire patch are interested in it?
15:15|-|mattwire__ [n=mattwire@host86-148-151-100.range86-148.btcentralplus.com] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
15:19|-|Phottoman [n=^Photto@74-33-12-252.dsl1.kgm.az.frontiernet.net] has joined #mythtv
15:19[~]stuarta tests gbee's widescreen theme in 4:3
15:20<xris>stuarta: how's it look?
15:20<stuarta>like a widescreen program squished to 4:3 :)
15:20|-|Phottoman [n=^Photto@74-33-12-252.dsl1.kgm.az.frontiernet.net] has quit [Client Quit]
15:20<stuarta>ie. everything is tall and narrow
15:22<justinh>like morph? er.. amorphic I mean :)
15:24|-|slave [n=slave@74-33-12-252.dsl1.kgm.az.frontiernet.net] has joined #mythtv
15:25<stuarta>yeah, like it needs letterboxing to restore the aspect so that the circles are round again
15:25<stuarta>biab
15:27<gbee>stuarta: I was going to add a preserveaspect attribute to the UI code which would solve the egg shaped images
15:27|-|slave [n=slave@74-33-12-252.dsl1.kgm.az.frontiernet.net] has quit [Client Quit]
15:27<gbee>Anduin: doesn't look like the playwait stuff was ever finished for the videobrowser? most of the code is there, but m_state is never incremented so it doesn't get used
15:31[~]justinh becomes mesmerised by a £99 iPod doing its 'cover flow' thing
15:33<justinh>no 'king way! how the... ? what cpu is that using?! <boggle>
15:36|-|cythraul [n=cythraul@clubinfo.ele.etsmtl.ca] has joined #mythtv
15:37<gbee>Anduin: I'm preparing a patch for mythvideo that makes some changes so that those popups can be more easily themed, I've included changes to the playwait drawing in videobrowser despite the fact that the code path isn't used - maybe if someone gets the time they can fix playwait in the browser and list modes, shouldn't take much but I don't want to spend any more time working on it this week
15:37<cythraul>hi, i'm having a lot of segfaults with various myth components, like backend, filldb, archivehelper, etc... i've compiled with debug enable a ran a trace... but before submitting to the trac, i was wondering if there was more steps i could take to troobleshoot this.
15:38|-|cythraul [n=cythraul@clubinfo.ele.etsmtl.ca] has left #mythtv []
15:38|-|cythraul [n=cythraul@clubinfo.ele.etsmtl.ca] has joined #mythtv
15:38<cythraul>oups
15:39|-|cythraul [n=cythraul@clubinfo.ele.etsmtl.ca] has left #mythtv []
15:39<gbee>net effect of the changes is this - http://miffteevee.co.uk/imagebin/mythvideo_popup.png
15:39|-|cythraul [n=cythraul@clubinfo.ele.etsmtl.ca] has joined #mythtv
15:39<justinh>nift :)
15:39<gbee>hmm, that background could use a drop shadow
15:39<hads>Nice
15:40|-|cythraul [n=cythraul@clubinfo.ele.etsmtl.ca] has left #mythtv []
15:40<gbee>if I wasn't being so lazy, then the I could probably sort out the alpha issues on the corners
15:41<justinh>hmm. as nice as the cover flow thingy is would it even be practical with a remote control that typically has a poopy repeat rate? hrm
15:42|-|beavis [n=beavis@drms-590c781c.pool.einsundeins.de] has quit ["Verlassend"]
15:46|-|beavis [n=beavis@drms-590c781c.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #mythtv
15:47<gbee>justinh: I've always thought that the album art browsing stuff was very pretty, but pretty useless in day to day usage
15:47<hads>gbee: This is a very minor thing - I loaded Metallurgy on one of our TVs lastnight and noticed that there was little difference between the highlighted white and the non-highlighted grey text in the watch recordings screen.
15:47<gbee>anyone know how to set an alpha value for QColor in QT 3.3?
15:47<justinh>people are always saying mythmusic is guff for very large collections but I've yet to see a paradigm that isn't
15:47<hads>May not be something you are worried about at all I just thought I'd mention it.
15:48<justinh>hads: the difference in gamma between TVs & monitors ;)
15:48<gbee>hads: yeah I'll probably tweak that before I release the final version, the contrast on TVs isn't that great
15:48<hads>justinh: Yeah, definitly, just thought it may be an issue for others too.
15:49<justinh>it is
15:49|-|lsobral [n=sobral@200.184.118.132] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
15:49<gbee>justinh: there are some things that can be done to make mythmusic easier, one day I might finish my rewrite of the playlist editor
15:49<justinh>then again how many people set up their bright & contrast properly with a PLUGE pattern?
15:50|-|lsobral [n=sobral@200.184.118.132] has joined #mythtv
15:50<gbee>but you are right, there is nothing that stands out above any other method for very large collections
15:50<justinh>file squirrels eh? no pleasing em
15:51<gbee>mostly I just stick my music altogether on one giant playlist and use shuffle
15:51<justinh>oh now I'm in trouble. emmerdull didn't record
15:51<gbee>don't really understand people who like to spend an hour creating a detailed playlist instead of _listening_ to their music
15:52<justinh>in our house I have to be careful. I mean there's Eminem & Robbie Williams in there somewhere
15:52<justinh>people could take years to recover from that kind of trauma
15:54<gbee>I like ratings for that reason, smart shuffle + ratings works pretty well to keep the cruft from surfacing too often
15:55<justinh>not sure how well that'd work here if she ever figures out how to rate tracks
15:55[~]laga wipes gbee's metadata
15:55<gbee>laga: heh, you can't since I'm using a patch to save the ratings to the ID3 tags
15:56<gbee>now that you've reminded me, I'll try and commit that this weekend
15:57|-|capt-rogers [n=teddy@office.sevenl.net] has quit ["Ex-Chat"]
15:57<justinh>hrm. all 3 tuners worky fine.
15:57<justinh>mythbackend must be developing taste
15:57<gbee>no log events to explain it?
15:58<justinh>nope
15:58<justinh>itv1 isn't getting a lock
16:00<justinh>fs. 3 tuners & myth is using all available inputs now
16:00[~]laga just typed "cvs vommit" o_O
16:01<stuarta>hah!
16:01<justinh>heh. well filesizes for all 3 recordings are not B, so it's all go. that's it then. my backend is developing taste!
16:02[~]justinh pats his backend on the back for saving his wife's brain a little
16:03<MrGandalf>kinky
16:04<justinh>much more fun to kill your brain with alcohol than soap operas I think
16:05<MrGandalf>true
16:05<justinh>she buys all those mags that tell her what's gonna happen anyway.. so I'm always asking wth the point in watching em is
16:06<laga>your life would be happier if you'd stop asking
16:08|-|PointyPumper [i=Pintlezz@168.226.249.4] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
16:08<justinh>could be worse I suppose. she might be a football fan, then I'd be sunk
16:13<gbee>anyone at all know how to create a completely transparent QPixmap? Either by filling it with a QColor with full alpha or some other method?
16:13|-|kormoc [n=kormoc@unaffiliated/kormoc] has joined #mythtv
16:15<gbee>hmm, setMask looks promising
16:18<MrGandalf>Just submitted a new ticket 4242 to make read/write chunk sizes adjustable, if anyone is interested.
16:25|-|kormoc [n=kormoc@unaffiliated/kormoc] has quit []
16:28|-|kormoc [n=kormoc@unaffiliated/kormoc] has joined #mythtv
16:32<moodboom>gbee, justinh: what do you think of my windoze player's approach to managing lots of tracks? http://hangthedj.thedigitalmachine.com
16:32<moodboom>i'm asking because i'm tired of windoze and thinking of trying my hand at a MythDJ plugin
16:37<gbee>moodboom, I can't give quality feedback without installing it and I don't have the time for that right now, looking at the screenshots though my first thought is that it wouldn't be remote friendly
16:37<moodboom>gbee absolutely, only the concept would port :P
16:37<stuarta>i couldn't even find screenshots
16:37<gbee>when you've got a limited control interface (remote) and a small screen (TV viewed from a distance) then things become much harder
16:38<gbee>stuarta: http://hangthedj.thedigitalmachine.com/index.php/User_Manual
16:38<moodboom>a couple screens under the user manual page i threw up
16:38<gbee>well _a_ screenshot
16:38<stuarta>now that's a dang silly place
16:38<moodboom>yeah, i rewrote a UI, very dumbed down for remote usage
16:39<stuarta>the concept isn't bad.
16:39<moodboom>i mean, i just pencilled out ideas
16:39<stuarta>a visible playlist
16:39<stuarta>and a song list you can chuck things into the playlist
16:39<stuarta>the playlist you reorder on the fly
16:40<laga>moodboom: you might wanna remove the spam at http://hangthedj.thedigitalmachine.com/index.php/Talk:Main_Page
16:40<moodboom>the only real thing expected of the user is for them to press "next" if they don't like a song, or rate the song
16:40<moodboom>hee
16:40<laga>(stupid wiki spammers.)
16:40<moodboom>yeah, my little project is far from polished :>
16:41<justinh>is there any need for me to have a mood-based player when I'm always pissed off? ;)
16:41<moodboom>haha well are you pissed off a little, or pissed off a lot? :>
16:42<stuarta>the level that requires ministry generally
16:42<laga>"yes"
16:42<moodboom>the idea that has seemed most useful to me, lately (being a family guy) is setting up a "wife dj", "kid dj" etc
16:42<justinh>lol. Nine Inch Nails or Prodigy?
16:42<stuarta>that would suit you...
16:43<justinh>it never helps at work when Neil (the other tech) insists upon having radio2 on all day
16:47<justinh>I'd probably pay to have a music player that could beatmix actually. you can't listen to dance music unmixed IMHO
16:50<moodboom>my little thingy has very minimal beatmatching, you just set a cut-in and cut-out time for each song - but it really improves things to me over no overlapping - just mho
16:50<moodboom>well hopefully i can find some time to start on a plugin - thanks for listening to me babble, guys
16:51<justinh>here's a thing. can mythmusic do gapless playback?
16:53<gbee>crossfade?
16:53<justinh>whoah. this nano effort has tvout!
16:53<gbee>not at the moment, but could happen in the near future
16:54<justinh>gbee: I was thinking more of no gaps between tracks - obviously only if the format supports it (most mp3 doesn't)
16:55<gbee>ahh, well I don't see why it shouldn't but you'd need some mechanism to say which tracks should be handled that way and which ones shouldn't
16:56<gbee>since I made the change to re-use the audiooutput device there is nothing preventing it
16:56<justinh>I think it's generally the case that tracks which aren't intended to play without gaps have silence at the end
16:56<justinh>I'll have a play with a ripped mix cd & see what happens
16:56<gbee>justinh: in that case try it with current mythmusic, might do what you want already
16:57<justinh>in the current one I hear a big pop between tracks
16:57<gbee>we don't explicitly pause between tracks, though the time taken to transition might affect it
16:57<gbee>justinh: in trunk? should be fixed there
16:57<justinh>not tried trunk for ages. will be this weekend though if my stuff doesn't come tomorrow
16:57<gbee>see the bit above about audioouput
17:05|-|justinh [n=justinh@spc1-salf3-0-0-cust997.bagu.broadband.ntl.com] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
17:07|-|justinh [n=Justin@spc1-salf3-0-0-cust997.bagu.broadband.ntl.com] has joined #mythtv
17:10<janneg>finaly online
17:10<janneg>ssh over gprs is not funny
17:11<gbee>heh
17:11<stuarta>ew
17:12<janneg>autoexpirer problem is solved, I just need to commit over gprs
17:15<gbee>janneg: great
17:15<gbee>if you have any problems, and can pastebin the patch, I can commit on your behalf
17:19<gbee>something not right about Original flavour mini pringles, they don't taste the same as the normal size
17:19<gbee>I'm getting flashbacks of KP Discos from the 80s
17:20<Dibblah>2 more to go to 500 open tickets :(
17:21<gbee>aww crap
17:21<gbee>I remember when I managed to get it down to below 300, so that's pretty depressing
17:22<gbee>lets see if I can't stave off that milestone for a week
17:23|-|Saviq [n=michal@sawicz.net] has joined #mythtv
17:23|-|Saviq [n=michal@sawicz.net] has left #mythtv []
17:25<Dibblah>What's the direction with mfd?
17:25<Dibblah>Is it dropping out of the tree soon?
17:26<Dibblah>Err... Wait... It already has.
17:26<gbee>no idea, personally I'm in favour of dumping it, but I wouldn't be suprised if there are some supporters still out there
17:27<Dibblah>No - It's gone.
17:27<Anduin>Dibblah: It has always been tucked away under mfe/mfd
17:27|-|o_cee [n=oscar@c-9f12e455.024-66-6c756e10.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has joined #mythtv
17:28<Anduin>(http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mfd still there)
17:28<Dibblah>Ah. Sorry - Seperate part of SVN :(
17:28<Dibblah>Sorry.
17:28<Dibblah>Okay. So let's see if it still compiles.
17:28<janneg>gbee: it was rather painless and it took only 10k
17:29<gbee>:)
17:29<stuarta>it still runs even
17:29<stuarta>however did manage to segv it on the weekend
17:31<Dibblah>Ick. It expects FLAC :(
17:34<gbee>stuarta: mfd? I thought you were talking about mtd at the time, guess I should pay more attention
17:35<stuarta>i was talking about mtd
17:36<stuarta>a crap.
17:36<stuarta>i should read things better
17:38|-|Chutt [n=ijr@dsl093-011-148.cle1.dsl.speakeasy.net] has joined #mythtv
17:41<stuarta>gbee: it's gunna be a while before 500 -> 300
17:41<gbee>aye
17:41<gbee>doesn't help that I'm opening more tickets lately than I'm closing
17:42<stuarta>oh well. at least you are closing some.
17:42<stuarta>i haven't even had a chance to look at what i've got of late.
17:44<Dibblah>http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1233
17:44<Dibblah>Is probably an IVTV bug - http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/users/35897
17:46<Dibblah>But on the decoder side.
17:46<Dibblah>ISTR Hans switching DMA off for overlays, but I can't see reference to it.
17:48[~]stuarta looks at his tickets
17:51|-|PointyPumper [i=Pintlezz@OL162-112.fibertel.com.ar] has joined #mythtv
17:55|-|onixian [n=xian@151.81.7.77] has joined #mythtv
17:58|-|onixian [n=xian@151.81.7.77] has quit [Client Quit]
18:00|-|BigJ [n=jason@d141-244-45.home.cgocable.net] has joined #mythtv
18:05|-|beavis [n=beavis@drms-590c781c.pool.einsundeins.de] has quit ["Verlassend"]
18:07|-|cyberpass [n=dns@ip-65-38-99-229.hou.vericenter.com] has quit [Connection timed out]
18:10|-|lsobral [n=sobral@200.184.118.132] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
18:12|-|meshugga [i=philip@loeblich.linuxteam.at] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
18:16|-|h0mer`- [n=a@p5B0FEBC2.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #mythtv
18:18|-|onixian [n=xian@host-84-222-50-154.cust-adsl.tiscali.it] has joined #mythtv
18:20|-|jgarvey [n=jgarvey@cpe-024-163-032-204.nc.res.rr.com] has quit ["Leaving"]
18:20|-|purserj [n=purserj@k-sit.com] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
18:23|-|purserj [n=purserj@k-sit.com] has joined #mythtv
18:24[~]xris finally figured out how to look busy in his last few days at work... fix nuvexport bugs.
18:25|-|davilla [n=davilla@24.172.19.62] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
18:32|-|mattwire [n=mattwire@host81-158-235-104.range81-158.btcentralplus.com] has quit ["Leaving"]
18:35|-|h0mer`- [n=a@p5B0FEBC2.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit []
18:35|-|justinh [n=Justin@spc1-salf3-0-0-cust997.bagu.broadband.ntl.com] has left #mythtv []
18:48|-|gbee [n=gbee@cpc2-derb9-0-0-cust34.leic.cable.ntl.com] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
18:48|-|gbee [n=gbee@cpc2-derb9-0-0-cust34.leic.cable.ntl.com] has joined #mythtv
19:08|-|BigJ [n=jason@d141-244-45.home.cgocable.net] has quit ["Leaving"]
19:09<gbee>ok, that's wierd, got a recording which was supposed to be 30 minutes long (34 including padding) but the file is only 18 minutes long
19:10<gbee>ahh, looks like the Nova-T 500 driver bit me again
19:17<MrGandalf>I used to have problems with DVB drivers locking up too
19:18<xris>wow, so close to commit 15000
19:23<MrGandalf>wow, using my patch to hack the read/write sizes, playback is now typically less than 1 second from realtime
19:23<mikegrb>good job MrGandalf
19:24<MrGandalf>but that present another bug :(
19:24<xris>woot, commit 15000
19:24<xris>heh
19:25<MrGandalf>since the reads are coming so close behind the writes, during a channel change the read loop often times out since the writer pauses right before it
19:25<MrGandalf>makes a channel change quite long
19:26<MrGandalf>but only when switching cards
19:26|-|onixian [n=xian@host-84-222-50-154.cust-adsl.tiscali.it] has quit ["This computer has gone to sleep"]
19:27|-|onixian [n=xian@host-84-222-50-154.cust-adsl.tiscali.it] has joined #mythtv
19:27<MrGandalf>think the player needs to be paused before the recorder is
19:31|-|JoeBorn [n=rootmeis@adsl-75-3-11-161.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
19:37<MrGandalf>has anyone had issues with seeking recently?
19:43<MrGandalf>hmm, nm.. seems to be my patch
19:43<xris>I do in mythvideo...
19:44<MrGandalf>yes, I noticed that as well
19:44<xris>thought there was a patch to use the seek table from the files themselves, but if there is, it's never been committed
19:45<MrGandalf>the seek table, does that work from file offset?
19:45<xris>no clue
19:45<xris>I can certainly seek just fine with xine/mplayer, so I don't think it'd be much of a problem
19:45<MrGandalf>I broke it so now I need to figure it out :(
19:48<xris>oops
19:49|-|floppyears [n=jose@poipu/supporter/floppyears] has left #mythtv []
19:56|-|jandshog [n=ja@c-68-53-18-70.hsd1.tn.comcast.net] has joined #mythtv
19:58<Dibblah>Isn't http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1777 already closed?
19:58<Dibblah>(New xmltv)
19:59<Dibblah>Or is it waiting for a UI for the initial channels bit...
20:00<Dibblah>http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1791 should no longer be necessary now that recordedmarkup is split...
20:14<Dibblah>janneg: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2062 - I think the error is misleading. The channel doesn't look like it was in fact using spatial direct - just MBAFF.
20:15<gbee>Dibblah: waiting for the config stuff, I've half finished that, just got distracted
20:15<gbee>#1777
20:16<Dibblah>Heh. Just reading for the easy ones at the moment :(
20:16<Dibblah>There's not a lot left down that end of the list.
20:16<gbee>yeah
20:17<gbee>there are a few simple patches, but they all need to be looked at carefully, no matter how small they are
20:17<gbee>anyway, I'm off to bed - I'll see if I can't close some more tickets over the weekend
20:24|-|cmoates [n=Chris@c-68-36-67-24.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
20:32<gbee>upnp is completely f****d up atm - http://pastebin.ca/802299
20:39<CDev_>:-(
20:41<gbee>nothing you've done :/
20:42<gbee>4/5 times I can't even start the backend though, which isn't good
20:48|-|leprechau [i=charlie@c-71-228-201-48.hsd1.tn.comcast.net] has joined #mythtv
21:09<MrGandalf>Dibblah: Spatial direct is still unsupported but that error message was recently changed to say "Interlaced frames + Spatial..."
21:10<MrGandalf>to cover PAFF + spatial direct as well
21:10[~]MrGandalf wishes someone would implement spatial direct
21:15|-|uplinked [n=linked@user-630f4b.user.msu.edu] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
21:45<jandshog>has anybody used cheifhacker's method of flash streaming in mythweb?
21:51<kormoc>jandshog, what's cheifhacker's method?
21:56|-|andr3www [n=andrew@bas1-toronto29-1279397586.dsl.bell.ca] has joined #MythTV
21:57<andr3www>hi
21:57<andr3www>I was wondering if you guys are still getting bugs from other users with this 'no table' error from channel scans?
21:58<kormoc>andr3www, you could check the bug tracking system (trac) and see
21:59<andr3www>is the one at threebit.net?
21:59<kormoc>no, http://svn.mythtv.org
22:00<kormoc>why would threebit.net have anything to do with mythtv?
22:01<andr3www>http://threebit.net/mail-archive/mythtv-dev/msg00055.html
22:02<kormoc>just because a site hosts a mirror of a mailing list doesn't mean they're connected to any project
22:02<kormoc>the url directly to the ticket is even in that email you linked to, which will have all the current info on it
22:03<andr3www>well that ticket is almost 2 years old
22:03<kormoc>Given there hasn't been any info in 2 years, you might want to ask on the -users list on in #mythtv-users for help before assuming it's a bug
22:05|-|andr3www [n=andrew@bas1-toronto29-1279397586.dsl.bell.ca] has quit ["Ex-Chat"]
22:33<leprechau>rebooter the pooter....
22:33|-|leprechau [i=charlie@c-71-228-201-48.hsd1.tn.comcast.net] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
22:40|-|kormoc [n=kormoc@unaffiliated/kormoc] has quit []
22:47|-|xri1 [n=xris@xris.forevermore.net] has joined #mythtv
22:47|-|xris [n=xris@dsl081-161-160.sea1.dsl.speakeasy.net] has quit ["Leaving."]
22:48|-|cmoates [n=Chris@c-68-36-67-24.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] has joined #mythtv
22:55|-|leprechau [i=charlie@c-71-228-201-48.hsd1.tn.comcast.net] has joined #mythtv
22:59|-|xri1 changed nick to xris
23:08<leprechau>brb...
23:08|-|leprechau [i=charlie@c-71-228-201-48.hsd1.tn.comcast.net] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
23:13<jandshog>kormoc: http://chiefhacker.com/
23:16<jandshog>it uses ruby, ffmpeg and flvtool2 to transcode recordings in to flash video to stream over the web
23:18<jandshog>my basic question is, does anyone know how to increase the quality, probably from ffmpeg
23:22<hads>You're probably in the worng channel for that.
23:22|-|leprechau [i=charlie@c-71-228-201-48.hsd1.tn.comcast.net] has joined #mythtv
23:22|-|S10LoLo [n=jd@c-68-63-89-179.hsd1.ma.comcast.net] has joined #mythtv
23:22|-|S10LoLo [n=jd@c-68-63-89-179.hsd1.ma.comcast.net] has left #mythtv []
23:27|-|cmoates [n=Chris@c-68-36-67-24.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
23:39|-|cmoates [n=Chris@c-68-36-67-24.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] has joined #mythtv
23:48|-|clever changed nick to clever[rev]
23:52<mzb>for anyone interested, I've got my alpha version of RandomAutoplayDVD working in mythburn.py
23:52<mzb>time for cleanup and improvement
23:57|-|pkendall [n=paul@125-238-111-247.broadband-telecom.global-gateway.net.nz] has joined #mythtv
---Logclosed Fri Nov 30 00:00:14 2007