Back to Home / #mythtv / 2003 / 06 / Prev Day | Next Day
#mythtv IRC Logs for 2003-06-17

00:04<thor_>think I'm getting a wee bit tired when I type $> bt mythfrontend
00:05<thor_>time for bed
00:11-!-bigguy_ [] has joined #mythtv
00:11-!-monkeyBox [] has quit [Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer)]
00:11-!-bigguy [] has quit [Killed (NickServ (Ghost: bigguy_!]
00:11-!-bigguy_ is now known as bigguy
00:11<Snow-Man>===# ps auwx | grep sendmail | wc -l
00:11<Snow-Man> 46
00:11<Snow-Man>*There* we go.
00:12<Snow-Man>Alright ladies, hopefully your whineing about the 5 minute lag will be satisfied now.
00:13<Snow-Man>Enjoy. Bedtime for me.
00:14-!-monkeyBox [] has joined #mythtv
00:40-!-Timon [] has joined #mythtv
00:56-!-extremis [] has joined #mythtv
00:56<extremis>Is anyone using a geforce4 card with svideo out?
00:57<Timon>Not yet, do have a 440mx card that I plan on using svid out on
01:17<extremis>ok, using the geforce4 over the 3 works for XFree86
01:17<extremis>but, console mode is all fucked
01:17<extremis>I can't get intot he bios when using svidio because its so hard to see
01:17<extremis>the vertical refresh seems off
01:19-!-bigguy_ [] has joined #mythtv
01:20-!-bigguy [] has quit [Killed (NickServ (Ghost: bigguy_!]
01:20-!-bigguy_ is now known as bigguy
01:36<Timon>check out yanc
01:56-!-Timon [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
01:56-!-rkulagow__ [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
01:56-!-rkulagow__ [] has joined #mythtv
02:16<Chutt>wish i could reproduce thor's segfault
02:16<Chutt>doesn't happen on any of my machines :(
02:18<bline>Chutt: you going to setup that anoncvs stuff soon?
02:19<bline>just curious
02:20<Chutt> yeah
02:21<Chutt>sorry, got distracted
02:21<bline>no rush, I was just curious
02:21<Chutt>trust me, i want to =)
02:26-!-hfb [] has joined #mythtv
02:29-!-Scrye [] has joined #mythtv
02:30<Scrye>Chutt : I was told to report to you this:
02:30<Scrye>when compiling all my mythtv modules (weather,music,etc..) I have to add -lXinerama to my Makefile
02:30<Chutt>not an issue with cvs anymore
02:31<Chutt>wow, you're l33t
02:31<Scrye>Yeah, i am.
02:31<Scrye>bline made me say that.
02:31-!-mechou [] has joined #mythtv
02:31* blinedoes not know this Scrye person
02:32<Chutt>i see
02:33<Scrye>im kidding
02:37<mechou>help load
02:37<Scrye>heh i just found my name in the libcdaudio source
02:37<Scrye>small world
02:37<Scrye>buddy of mine wrote it
02:38<Chutt>the original author, or the guy that took it over?
02:38<Scrye>The original
02:38<Scrye>Tony arcereri
02:38<Chutt>ah, so not the dumbass
02:38<Scrye>no, hes a dumbass too
02:38<Scrye>just a damned good programmer heh
02:39<Chutt>the guy that took it over added a serious bug to it, then didn't bother fixing it for about a year
02:39<Chutt>ie, dumbass =)
02:39<Scrye>yeah bascule (his irc nick) likes to bitch about him every once in a while
02:39<Chutt>i'm only using it in mythmusic because there really aren't any other decent freedb lookup libs
02:40<Scrye>wasn't there supposed to be an alternative to cddb?
02:40<Chutt>there's musicbrainz
02:40<Chutt>but the library's big and bloated
02:40<Scrye>mui bueno
02:44<Scrye>anyway, good program
02:45<Scrye>just set it up tonight with not that many problems
02:45<Scrye>in slackware
02:46<Scrye>Dual 450, 384mb ram, avermedia
02:46<Chutt>so really underpowered? =)
02:46<Scrye>meh it does its job so far
02:46<Scrye>im not an audiophile
02:47<Scrye>or videophile
02:47<Scrye>I just dont wanna miss startrek when my girlfriend wants to watch tv
02:48<Scrye>plus ive put this together on free hardware
02:48<Chutt>always a plus
02:48-!-kiwi_uk [] has joined #mythtv
02:48<Scrye>is there a dvd module under development?
02:49<-- kiwi_uk( has left #mythtv ("bye")
02:49<Chutt>it's rather easy to add a dvd button to the main menu yourself, though
02:50<Chutt>just make it exec whatever
02:50<Scrye>I have a hardware dvd decoder (creative Dxr2) and you gotta use thier own silly player
02:50<Scrye>anyway, was nice meeting you
02:51<Scrye>i'll see you again sometime
02:51<-- Scrye( has left #mythtv
02:52<-- mechou( has left #mythtv
03:16-!-bline [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
03:19-!-hfb [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
03:23-!-yebo [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
03:45-!-bline [] has joined #mythtv
04:03* blinediscovers xine
04:17<ahbritto>bline: make sure you emerge xine-ui - more stable than gxine.
04:17<bline>gxine did suck, yeah I'm using xine.
04:18<ahbritto>also, use the unstable libs they are much better.
04:46-!-yebo [] has joined #mythtv
07:28<Snow-Man>How's the mailing lists?
07:33<bline>how should they be? :)
07:59-!-bline [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
07:59-!-rkulagow__ [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
08:00-!-rkulagow__ [] has joined #mythtv
08:11-!-Conaz_ [] has quit [Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer)]
08:13-!-Conaz_ [~conaz@] has joined #mythtv
08:16<PeteCool>Chutt: seems the x/y displacement for the Myth window doesn't always get applied correctly...
08:16<PeteCool>Chutt: but, when it's wrong, I only have to go to the appearance menu, go through all pages without changing anything, and then it's alright
08:44<Snow-Man>The lists should be bloody awesome now. :)
08:44<Conaz_>In what way?
08:46<Snow-Man>In the much faster to respond way.
08:47<Snow-Man>Of course, if you mailserver fucking sucks ass like the one does, you won't notice.
08:49<Conaz_>Now if only I could just read them all faster
08:52-!-PeteCool_ [] has joined #mythtv
08:54-!-PeteCool [] has quit []
08:54-!-knight [] has quit []
08:54-!-just1nux [] has quit []
08:54-!-radsaq [] has quit []
08:54-!-Morph [] has quit []
08:56-!-knight [] has joined #mythtv
08:56-!-just1nux [] has joined #mythtv
08:56-!-radsaq [radkade1@] has joined #mythtv
08:56-!-Morph [] has joined #mythtv
09:02-!-radsaq [] has quit []
09:02-!-just1nux [] has quit []
09:02-!-knight [] has quit []
09:02-!-Morph [] has quit []
09:03-!-knight [] has joined #mythtv
09:03-!-just1nux [] has joined #mythtv
09:03-!-radsaq [radkade1@] has joined #mythtv
09:03-!-Morph [] has joined #mythtv
09:21<Conaz_>Snow-Man: much faster, thanks
09:23<Snow-Man>No prob.
09:35<rkulagow>chutt: just to let you know, the segfault on delete popup that me and bruce reported did go away after that CVS commit you made.
09:42<rkulagow__>so thanks for that.
09:42-!-PeteCool_ is now known as PeteCool
09:54-!-Conaz_ [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
09:54<Chutt>thanks for the verification
09:55-!-Conaz [~conaz@] has joined #mythtv
10:14<rkulagow__>mdz, are you here?
10:18rkulagowrkulagow__ Jun 17 10:19:00 <mdz> rkulagow__: I am now
10:19<PeteCool>Chutt: did you ever see what I was talking about?
10:20<rkulagow__>mdz: do the debian debs take care of all the path and ldconfig stuff? i'm assuming yes, and i'm reorg'ing the docs so users with pre-compiled packages can skip some stuff.
10:20<Chutt>petecool, i really didn't test it that much
10:20rkulagowrkulagow__ Jun 17 10:20:46 <mdz> rkulagow__: yep
10:21<mdz>the only manual step is to run mythtv-setup on the backend
10:21<rkulagow__>mdz: cool. so after installing the debs, the next step is the mysql database stuff, or is that done too?
10:21rkulagowrkulagow__ Jun 17 10:21:28 <mdz> rkulagow__: that is done too; the only manual step is running setup
10:22<rkulagow__>mdz: ok. i'm going to avoid package-specific instructions (maintainers job =) ) but i'm just trying to figure the jump to point, if any.
10:23rkulagowrkulagow__ Jun 17 10:23:29 rkulagow rkulagow__ Jun 17 10:24:09 -!- Viddy [] has quit [Ping timeout: 14400 seconds]
10:24<mdz>rkulagow__: there is one other non-obvious thing; the user must have mysql up and running for the database configuration to succeed, and the default (for some dumb reason) is for mysqld not to start up when it is first installed
10:24rkulagowrkulagow__ Jun 17 10:24:35 <mdz> rkulagow__: if you look at the instructions on my web page, there is an installation sequence which ensures that is handled correctly
10:24rkulagowrkulagow__ Jun 17 10:24:38 <bigguy> heh
10:24<bigguy>silly haters
10:24<bigguy>[09:20] <KainX> It's C++, which no sane person gives a shit about. So.... :)
10:25<rkulagow__>freevo irc?
10:25<mdz>rkulagow__: also, please direct the user to /usr/share/doc/<package>/README.Debian, which is where any package-specific instructions will go
10:25rkulagowrkulagow__ Jun 17 10:25:29 <mdz> rkulagow__: I include a copy of the howto from the release tarball in the mythtv-doc package
10:25<bigguy>rkulagow__: was that directed at me?
10:27<rkulagow__>bigguy: i suppose. who else would hate mythtv so much? (unless it's ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX irc)
10:27<rkulagow__>mdz: ok
10:27<bigguy>rkulagow__: then no. It was a general c++ haters statement for the c++ haters channel eg #e
10:27<Chutt>no, kainx is someone else :p
10:27<rkulagow__>ok, i'll shutup and go back to docs now.
10:28<thor_>We should really rewrite myth for a J2EE app server
10:28<thor_>that would show 'em
10:29<Snow-Man>Alright, let's see what that does to the mailing list.
10:29<bigguy>I think it's just the fact that they taught themselves c back when they were in high school and can't be bothered to try and figure out any other language
10:32<Chutt>thor, hey, with current cvs mythmusic, can you let me know what it prints out on the console before it dies?
10:32<Chutt>and if it's still dying inside of sdl
10:32<Conaz>Object classes frighten and confuse them :)
10:32<thor_>gimme 5 minutes ("work" work)
10:33<bigguy>Teh C++ Htaers Handboko by KainX and Raster (Spelling done by raster)
10:48<thor_>Chutt, 0\n 1\n (some of my SDL debugging)\n Seg Fault
10:48<Chutt>the 1 means that the window _is_ visible
10:49<thor_>it's dying in select_goom_filter() now
10:49<Chutt>so it's getting past that
10:49<Chutt>synaesthesia should run, then
10:49<thor_>hang on
10:50<Chutt>could i eventually get a bt full of the select_goom_filter() crash?
10:50<thor_>learning to spell Synae...
10:50<Chutt>hehe =)
10:51<thor_>Yup Sinusthisier works fine
10:51<thor_>lemme to back to goom and get you a bt
10:52<Chutt>i guess reordering some of the init code worked, then
10:52<Chutt>at least wrt the sdl crap
10:52<thor_>yup, well done
10:53<thor_>you want bt full I assume
10:53-!-schultmc [] has joined #mythtv
10:53<Chutt>yup yup
10:53<Chutt>and the bit where it says SEGV or whatnot before the prompt =)
10:53<Chutt>if it's not too much trouble
10:57<thor_>gdb's still active if you need anything
10:58<Chutt>can you comment out the whole if (zoom_filter_xmmx_supported()) clause?
10:59<Chutt>leaving the if (zoom_filter_mmx_supported())
11:01<thor_>sorry .. comment out or leave ??
11:01<Chutt>comment out the xmmx stuff, leave the mmx stuff
11:01-!-pridkett [] has joined #mythtv
11:04<thor_>same effect
11:04<Chutt>can you comment out the rest of it?
11:04<thor_>'cept is says zf_use_mmx = 1;
11:05<thor_>if firsttime = 0 , firsttime =1 is all that's left
11:06<Chutt>but slow
11:06<Chutt>i imagine
11:06<thor_>full screen is awfu;
11:07<thor_>preview is bearable
11:07<Chutt>lemme try something
11:07<thor_>me got'em AMD ? that part of the problem?
11:07<Snow-Man>I'm upgrading the web server.
11:08<Snow-Man>Hope nothin breaks.
11:08<Chutt>i've got an amd
11:08<Chutt>and am using the xmmx stuff
11:08<Chutt>so, i dunno
11:11<Snow-Man>Site list for mailman (usually named mailman) missing
11:11<Snow-Man>Please create it; until then, mailman will refuse to start
11:25<Chutt>what's that from?
11:28<Snow-Man>Well, the upgrade of it.
11:28<Chutt>wow, really? :p
11:29<Snow-Man>Ask a stupid question ..
11:29<Chutt>sorry, i meant 'why'
11:29<Chutt>not what
11:30<Snow-Man>The only comment I've found so far is the debconf notice, which I didn't see, about it being needed for 'password mailings' and shit.
11:30<Snow-Man>Which doesn't make a god damn bit of sense, of course.
11:37<Chutt>thor, ok, i've got stuff in CVS now
11:38<Chutt>change the way it tests for mmx crap
11:38<Chutt>changed, rather
11:38<Chutt>i dunoo
11:38<Chutt>maybe this'll work :(
11:39<thor_>updating ...
11:39<rkulagow__>anyone running Red Hat here? got a question on menu structure for RH. PM me please.
11:40<thor_>hmm, that seems to work
11:40<Chutt>it does?
11:40<thor_>hang on, let me stress it
11:40<Chutt>fast enough?
11:41<thor_>I think it's as fast as it ever was
11:41<thor_>hard to say
11:42<Chutt>still damn slow =)
11:42<Chutt>i replaced it's mmx crap with libavcodec's
11:42<thor_>it's fine
11:42<thor_>(cycling in out, resizing)
11:43<thor_>I get 1 1 on the console now
11:43<thor_>instead of 0 1
11:43<Chutt>1 1 or 0 1 doesn't matter, really
11:43<Chutt>'slong as the second one is a 1
11:43<Chutt>i just removed that cout from cvs, though
11:44<Chutt>anyway, looks like the sdl issue was the window not being on screen yet
11:44<Chutt>and the goom death was the mmx stuff didn't like being in a shared library
11:44<thor_>well ... don't pretend to understand what you did. I supposed I can de-hack my SDL now?
11:44-!-WarrenCanuck [] has joined #mythtv
11:45-!-WarrenCanuck [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
11:45<Chutt>should be fine to do now
11:45<Chutt>thanks for testing and doing all that
11:45-!-WarrenCanuck [] has joined #mythtv
11:45<Chutt>sorry i broke it in the first place =)
11:45<-- WarrenCanuck( has left #mythtv
11:45<thor_>I mess with it some more, seems solid though
11:45<thor_>although I do think it's a tad slower
11:46<thor_>let me try the one that never worked ... starting out in Mode (rather than "Blank")
11:47<Chutt>i think starting off in blank is the best thing to do
11:47<Chutt>you're not guaranteed that the widget is visible yet
11:47<Chutt>at least at that point in time
11:47<thor_>still in the constructor
11:48<thor_>works though
11:48<thor_>(at least once =)
11:48<Chutt>i changed the video list stuff around a tiny bit last night
11:48<thor_>not very robust though
11:49<Chutt>added another top level node, so you could browse back to your starting point
11:49<Chutt>would it be possible to sort the tree so directories are on top, and maybe a different color?
11:49<thor_>oh yeah, no problem
11:50<Chutt>well, it was kind of weird, it started out with <video root> on the left, and a list on the right
11:50<Chutt>then if you went into a subdir, you'd have that list on the left
11:50<Chutt>and you couldn't ever get that list back on the right
11:50<thor_>ah ah, I see
11:50<thor_>only go up if your parent has a parent
11:50<Chutt>since the music stuff has an invisible top level node, apparently?
11:51<thor_>lemme see what you did, and I'll do some colour coding
11:51<thor_>and dir/file sorting
11:51<Chutt>excellent, thanks =)
11:52<thor_>btw, you do know that the theme designer can specify only 1 "bin", or 10
11:53<thor_>I'm awfully proud of that
11:54<thor_>had program finder in the back of my mind
11:54<Chutt>i'd like to eventually get mythgame using a similar interface
11:54<thor_>mythvideo needs lots of polish
11:54<thor_>mythDVD needs a way for transcode to be a library
11:54<thor_>ho hum
11:54<-- rkulagow( has left #mythtv
11:55<Chutt>is that going to be in mythvideo, or separate?
11:55<Chutt>snowman, is the list ok?
11:55<thor_>I though it would be separate, but rip final product to video tree
11:55<Chutt>i haven't gotten anything in a while
11:55<Chutt>including a couple commit messages from a while ago
12:00<Chutt>i need to catch up on my inbox
12:00<Snow-Man>It should be working now..
12:01<Snow-Man>I had it stopped for a bit.
12:01<Chutt>ah, ok
12:07<extremis>does anyone here use a geforce4 440
12:08<rkulagow__>chutt: whatever change you made to mythmusic got rid of my Mandrake gcc 3.3 / goom compile issue
12:08<rkulagow__>(but does it run? that's the next question...)
12:09<Snow-Man>Chutt: You getting mail yet?
12:09<Chutt>just got 4
12:09<Chutt>thanks =)
12:13<Chutt>how to respond to snapstream
12:14<rkulagow__>meaning a feature, or an email you got?
12:14<Chutt>they essentially offered me a job
12:14<Chutt>but that's not going to happen
12:20-!-nooloo [] has joined #mythtv
12:22-!-hfb [] has joined #mythtv
12:25-!-rkulagow [] has joined #mythtv
12:25-!-jefbur [] has joined #mythtv
12:27-!-JAC [] has joined #mythtv
12:29<JAC>Hi all... never used IRC before, so please don't mind if I lurk a bit...
12:32<thor_>Chutt, they want your brain, or Myth Code ?
12:32<Snow-Man>Lemme know if the mailing list starts getting slow again.
12:33-!-mechou [] has joined #mythtv
12:38<Chutt>jac, howdy
12:39-!-jkolb [] has joined #mythtv
12:42<mechou>anyone else have difficulty reaching mythtv thread archives @ right now? Super slow and unreliable for me...
12:43<Chutt>use the archives linked to from the website, instead
12:43<Chutt>they're better than the pipermail crap
12:43<Snow-Man>mechou: You can blame the mailing list for that, if the web is slow then it's because there's alot of mailing list traffic. :)
12:44<JAC>howdy, chutt... sorry for the delay... window was obscured :-)
12:44<Chutt>i'm isaac, btw
12:45<JAC>Oh... good to know!
12:45-!-Captain_Murdoch_ [] has joined #mythtv
12:45<rkulagow__>thor is thor, mdz is mdz and i'm rkulagow. there, introductions all around!
12:45<Snow-Man>I'm the BOFH.
12:46<rkulagow__>i'll let the other real life != irc nick people reveal themselves if they want to.
12:46<Snow-Man>Your mailing list and web server admin. :)
12:46<Snow-Man>Who just traffic shape'd the mailing list and web traffic into nonexistance.
12:46<JAC>I gathered that from your nick... keep up the good work!
12:46<Snow-Man>hehe. :)
12:47<Snow-Man>mechou: It should be getting better actually.
12:47<nooloo>hello from another newbie as well
12:47<Snow-Man>I told it to prioritize the web traffic over the mailing list traffic.
12:47<Snow-Man>Hopefully that'll help some.
12:48<Snow-Man>I can't have my ssh/irc sessions being lagged though!
12:48<mechou>OK, thanks. I'm just a random mythtv user ;-)
12:54<rkulagow__>chutt: the MMX change allowed the mythmusic compile to go through. i'm ripping a CD now, and when that's done i'll see if i can get the visualizations to work as soon as i figure out what this XFree86-DRI crap is about. i did see gears in the visualization box before exiting out to start ripping "pure disco"
12:54<Chutt>well, it'd only affect goom, i think
12:55<rkulagow__>maybe the goom people will take your modification and include it in their code. (but they're french, so they're probably all taking their month-long vacations now)
12:55<Chutt>goom's essentially a dead project
12:56<Chutt>from what i can tell
12:56<rkulagow__>ah well, glad you got it working so my 6-mo old daughter can start trippin' again.
12:56<Chutt>heh =)
12:57<rkulagow__>it's like that ST:TNG episode where they're going to kill all the borg with that visual paradox or something and J-LP doesn't for some stupid moral reason.
13:12-!-mechou [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
13:13<just1nux>Anybody have any idea why mysql might be using up 60% of cpu on queries to mythconverg? Causes a hicup in playback whenever a recording starts or stop and even when accessing the listings through mythweb.
13:19-!-Drikus [] has joined #mythtv
13:20<rkulagow__>thor: you're really trying to make me change my remote control action button from "Return" to "Space", aren't you?
13:23<Chutt>what's not using return?
13:23<Chutt>there's the select music section..
13:23<rkulagow__>chutt: we had this problem with the EPG, where space and return were accounted for, but not KP_Enter (or some variation of this, i forget). in mythmusic, in the "select music", i cursor down to select "various artists", but it won't checkbox until i use space instead of enter.
13:23<Chutt>that's the qt widget though
13:23<Chutt>slightly harder to fix =)
13:24<rkulagow__>have you thought of making a command decision and removing some of the possibilities and just saying, "module maintainers, action button is going to be space" or something like that?
13:26<Chutt>just hesitant to do so
13:27<JAC>Don't know if this has ever been brought up, but in the config wizards Space/Enter *only* activates the default Next/Finish button, while RArrow 'selects/activates' a widget. Any plans to make this consistent with the rest of Myth?
13:28<JAC>Or is this also QT-behavior?
13:29<Chutt>space/enter should activate check boxes in there
13:32<JAC>nope... Space/Enter works for the Next/Cancel/Back/Finish (footer) buttons, but not the settings checkboxes or lists
13:32-!-jhurliman [] has joined #mythtv
13:34<thor_>rkulagow, for someone with an infant daughter, I will see what I can do
13:35<thor_>oh that Tyler Drake post is a riot
13:35<thor_>he can't be serious?
13:35<jhurliman>about the radio module?
13:36<thor_>I'm sorry, I can't respond unless you say: MYTHTV: about the radio module?
13:36<JAC>No, about putting [mythtv] in your subject line
13:36-!-mechou [] has joined #mythtv
13:39<jhurliman>:-\ i thought we had a mailing list to do that for us
13:40<thor_>Look, I told you, I'm not going to respond unless you say MYTHTV: :-\ i thought we had a mailing list to do that for us
13:41<jhurliman>MYTHTV: ok good sir ;)
13:41<thor_>MYTHTV: that includes *everyone*
13:41<jhurliman>OFF-TOPIC: this channel is no fun anymore :(
13:42<thor_>oddly reminiscent of, "I told, I'm not allowed to argue unless you've payed"
13:43<rkulagow__>thor: thanks.
13:43<thor_>juggling, baby, searching for soothing music, remote not working propely, daughter getting restless ... been there
13:45<JAC>hear, hear!
13:45<rkulagow__>you should see the terrible things i'm going to playbackbox.cpp so that it will tell me what visualizer is being shown in the info box!
13:45<JAC>I mean OFF-TOPIC hear, hear :-)
13:45<jhurliman>does anyone know where the mythtv-cvs ebuilds can be found
13:45-!-rkulagow__ [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
13:45-!-rkulagow__ [] has joined #mythtv
13:46<rkulagow__>you should see the terrible things i'm doing to playbackbox.cpp so it will tell me what visualizer is playing in the info box!
13:46<thor_>why are you doing these terrible things?
13:47<jhurliman>rkugalow__: i have a module that takes the cake for worst hack of mythmusic ever. i ripped out the file treeview and transplanted it. didnt work the first time so i kept adding cruft until it starting working
13:47<rkulagow__>maybe by seeing the word synaesthesia printed on the screen a lot will make be speel it better?
13:47<thor_>uhm ... setting showWholeTree off was not sufficient for your purposes?
13:48<rkulagow__>i like how the info box shows a mini version of the visualizer, but i still don't know if i know which names translate to which visualization. except gears, of course.
13:49<jhurliman>thor_: no no, i meant i copied the code for the treeview into a new (mythtransfer) module i wrote
13:50<jhurliman>its a fun little device, probes all the scsi devices (cd-roms, removable usb and firewire drives, etc) and lets you copy files to and from them and the mythtv storage dir
13:51<jhurliman>i dont think it will ever be useful to anyone else though, requires sg_utils, devfs, and everything is hardcoded throughout
13:52<thor_>jhurliman, there are times when many dialogues could use a "file browser" if you want to clean it up
13:52<JAC>Hey thor, I was thinking about a possible patch to playbackbox.cpp... basically, wrapping all accesses to theme-ui elements in 'if' checks, so that you could leave elements out of a theme entirely if you wanted to... what are your thoughts?
13:52<thor_>JAC, yup
13:52<thor_>cvs does that for one of them
13:52<jhurliman>thor_: now that would actually be useful, i'll look into it
13:52<thor_>they should all (most?) be like that
13:54<JAC>thor_: was this part of the last day's commits? I have a grab from yesterday in which it still does an "exit (0)" if it can't find most UI elements
13:59<Chutt>hi, i am very experienced in unix
14:07<thor_>JAC, last day or so ... just for volume control display (at the bottom in wireUPTheme())
14:07<mechou>anyone here using alsa9.4 w/ mythtv?
14:08<JAC>thor_: Oh, okay... well, you'll probably get to the rest of them before I do... I don't really have a box to do much coding on at the moment.
14:10<jhurliman>mechou: yes
14:12<jhurliman>mechou: i was using 0.9.4 for a while, just recently moved to the CVS version to get SPDIF support for my nForce
14:12<mechou>jhurliman:I compiled it (with the snd-inte8x0) and now my mythtv box has real trouble recording, lots of dropped frames...Any special copiler or library switches?
14:13-!-JAC [] has quit ["using sirc version 2.211+KSIRC/1.2.4"]
14:13-!-JAC [] has joined #mythtv
14:13<jhurliman>mechou: uh oh, i haven't tried recording yet with the new snd-intel8x0. i'll test it out when i get home tonight
14:14<JAC>oops, killed my client!
14:15<jhurliman>mechou: you weren't having those problems with earlier alsa versions? have you tried downgrading or switching to an OSS driver to confirm it's alsas fault?
14:17<jkolb>mechou: I suppose you don't have a PVR-250.
14:17<mechou>jh: yeah, I used OSS and alsa9.0rc8 stock w/ MDK9.1. OSS worked fine. 9.0rc8 I only had left channel volume (Yes, I'm using latest mythtv CVS)
14:18<jkolb>Because I'm using 0.9.4 intel8x0 and it's working fine during playback.
14:19<mechou>jkolb: nah, I use Hauppauge dbx 401
14:20<jhurliman>with all these people running the intel8x0, I don't suppose anyone has gotten S/PDIF output working with it?
14:20<jkolb>Haven't even tried. I need to buy speakers first.
14:21<mechou>Same here. What's the problem with SPDIF out?
14:21-!-moegreen [] has joined #mythtv
14:21<Chutt>moegreen, hey there
14:21<moegreen>what's up?
14:21<Chutt>not much =)
14:22<moegreen>What's the guy on the list talking about with the list-id changing? They look the same to me
14:22<jkolb>thor_: Tyler doesn't seem to see the humor.
14:22<Chutt>maybe there's an extra space?
14:22<Chutt>it didn't affect my filtering, though
14:23<jhurliman>mechou: well first, i get this loud buzzing sound out of my receiver when its set to analog and the digital rca line is plugged in. goes away in digital mode
14:23<jhurliman>i think that might be a grounding problem or something, not sure yet though
14:24<jhurliman>second, i can't get mplayer to output anything on the spdif channel when playing a dvd or whatever. i have a /dev/snd/pcmD0C1 indicating the SPDIF channel, and all the mixer options are there but i have no idea what mixer options to set to what
14:25<mechou>jh: Certainly sound like a grounding problem...
14:25<jhurliman>mechou: ahh good. hardware problems are always better than software problems i think :)
14:26<Chutt>tyler drake's going to get himself removed from the list pretty soon
14:26<mechou>jh: I can work around SW problems. HW problems more PITA.
14:27<jhurliman>i guess in my case, hardware problems i blame on someone else. software problems means i have to fix it
14:27<Chutt>thor, you're evil
14:27<thor_>thank you
14:28<Chutt>he actually thought you meant that
14:28<jhurliman>why must i have such a cheap mailserver! the most current mail i see from the list is Caputo's RE: IRC channel?
14:28<thor_>it beggars belief
14:31-!-WarrenCanuck [] has joined #mythtv
14:31<-- WarrenCanuck( has left #mythtv
14:32<thor_>you will note, however, that he failed to include the MYTHTV in all caps in his direct response to me.
14:32<thor_>perhaps I should inform him of this fact
14:33<JAC>Now *that's* evil... I love it
14:33<Chutt>no, please =)
14:33<mechou>hey guys, what do most of you mythtv developers use for a development environment? Is there a good IDE, or do you guys just use emacs or similar....
14:33<Chutt>mechou, konsole and vim
14:34<JAC>yes? LOL
14:34<Chutt>generally, 4 or 5 term windows open
14:34<Chutt>i should update the little blurb on the top of the webpage
14:34<jhurliman>mechou: i like kdevelop 2.x
14:35<rkulagow__>hrmm. i'm screwing around, just to see if i can get something to work. i don't understand why the following is always returning "Blank", even when it's obvious that it's not (like when it's showing Gears)
14:35<rkulagow__>void PlaybackBox::handleTreeListSignals
14:35<rkulagow__> maxTime = curMeta->Length() / 1000;
14:35<mechou>sigh...I was hoping somebody had a good suggestion for IDE so I can easily see all the relationships between classes...
14:36<rkulagow__>shouldn't getCurrentVisual be "Gears"?
14:36<thor_>rkulagow, is that in an event loop?
14:36<thor_>cause it always starts out blank
14:36<rkulagow__>it looks like it's returning a QString.
14:36<rkulagow__>ah, wait a minute.
14:36<rkulagow__>ok, let me check something.
14:36-!-dopez [] has joined #mythtv
14:37<nooloo>mechou you mean something like this:
14:38<jhurliman>mechou: kdevelop has a class browser, but nothing that is going to show intricate class relationships
14:38<Chutt>mythtv has a really flat class heirarchy
14:38<Chutt>or however the hell you spell that
14:38<Chutt>not a lot of inheritance going on
14:38<mdz>a call graph would be handy
14:39<JAC>'i' before 'e', except after 'c' :-)
14:39-!-jefbur [] has quit ["Client Exiting"]
14:39<mechou>I agree, a call graph would suffice for me now.
14:39<nooloo>what about neighbor and weigh ? :)
14:39<rkulagow__>ok, i was misunderstanding something then. the handleTreeListSignals runs once for each song, and so the visualiser is set to blank when it's first starting and isn't re-visited again.
14:39<JAC>that's English for you... lots of exceptions
14:39-!-rjmunro [] has joined #mythtv
14:41<rkulagow__>ok, now i see the setVisual @ line 182
14:43<thor_>rkulagow, actually the visualizer is set to blank 'cause otherwise it segfaults, but yeah, you're on the right track
14:44<rkulagow__>ok, i'll see if i can figure it out. thanks.
14:45<mechou>nooloo: Just took a look at A step in the right direction, but not really what I'm after.
14:45<nooloo>yea, thats about the only thing i could think of that makes it easy to see where everything comes from
14:46<rkulagow__>thor: "Grap the next track after this" "Grap"? canadians. =)
14:47<jhurliman>is anyone running mandrake 9.1? im having problems getting gdb working, a google on the problem says dont use gcc3.3
14:47<Chutt>use debian instead
14:47<Chutt>their gdb/gcc/glibc combo works :p
14:48<jhurliman>well im switching to gentoo when i get a chance, but i dont want to go through a big migration right in the middle of coding everything
14:48-!-rickter [] has joined #mythtv
14:48<mechou>jh: I'm using MDK 9.1. I've *heard* of a few problems with gdb, but haven't encountered them myself. For minor debugging tasks it seems to work OK for me.
14:48<Chutt>mechou, it doesn't like threads
14:49<Chutt>non-threaded stuff seems fine
14:49<jhurliman>yeah, it seems to explode on threads, which is about every qt app it seems
14:49* jhurlimangoes to find coffee, maybe that will prevent double word usage in sentences
14:50<thor_>rkulagow, Grap is a technical term, meaning pull next entity out of a mutli-level hierarchy. We Canadians is very particular 'bout our diction
14:51<thor_>I need solutions that deliver
14:51<thor_>platform independent content.
14:52<thor_>what is up with the mailing list today?
14:52<-- rickter( has left #mythtv
14:52<Chutt>blame snowman
14:52<jkolb>The mailserver is choking because everyone is now putting MYTHTV in their subject line.
14:53<jkolb>All those extra 6 bytes are just too much for it.
14:53<Snow-Man>Hmmm, things do appear to be backing up some.
14:53<Snow-Man>Which is kind of weird I'd think.
14:56<mechou>Hey Isaac, I don't mean to rush you or anything, but do you think you'll be able to fix the networked slave backend reboot crashing MBE anytime soon?
14:57<Chutt>i just need to make a new connection from the same slave get rid of the old stale one
14:57* Snow-Manchanges the QoS rules around some.
14:58<monkeyBox>Hey all, I posted this question to the users list but no response yet... thought I'd try in here...
14:58-!-mecraw [~mecraw@] has joined #mythtv
14:58<monkeyBox>I have a frontend that's hooked up over a 100Mbit connection, and it works great, except that after a few minutes the audio starts echoing, but it's not a normal echo, it sounds all choppy, as if underwater.. The video is pretty solid, however.
14:58<Chutt>didn't you ask this in here yesterday?
14:58<monkeyBox>oh heh
14:59-!-rcaskey_ [] has joined #Mythtv
14:59<Snow-Man>That might help..
14:59<monkeyBox>yeah I guess I did.. I'm just anxious to figure out what was causing it...
14:59<Chutt>still have no idea =)
15:00<thor_>monkeyBox, you not using a liquid cooler for your CPU by any chance?
15:01<monkeyBox>thor_: ha!
15:01<monkeyBox>I guess I'll just keep tweaking settings untill I figure it out... do you think it would have anything to do with the sound server on the frontend?
15:02<thor_>it could ... this is only on playback of recordings (not live?)
15:02<monkeyBox>no, it's both
15:02<monkeyBox>but only on the frontend machinr
15:02<Chutt>well, they're both using the same stuff
15:03<thor_>but no weird ass delay off soundcard thing happening (no echo of content twice), just garbly
15:04<monkeyBox>well.. it's hard to describe... it's echo AND garbly
15:04<monkeyBox>it's as if someone put some nasty reverb on it
15:04<thor_>and it's not something physical like you have both machines plugged into same amp/speakers ?
15:05<monkeyBox>heh.. nope.. two completely separate machines (frontend is my laptop)
15:05<monkeyBox>using 100Mbit connected through a hub.
15:05<monkeyBox>I mean a switch
15:06<JAC>Are you able to test playback on your backend to rule out a recording problem?
15:07<monkeyBox>yep.. playback works great on the backend, as well as livetv
15:07<JAC>How 'bout playing the .nuv file (over network mount) with mplayer on your frontend?
15:08<rcaskey_>ooh, mplayer supports nuv?
15:08<Chutt>if you patch it
15:08<Snow-Man>Alright, you all need to, like, quit talking on the mailing lists already.
15:09<Chutt>snowman, feel free to remove 'Tyler Drake <>' if need be
15:09<Chutt>but that's just because i'm mean
15:10<mechou>OK, I got a problem with I can't figure out. I record a mythtv program using btaudio @32,000. I try to play back the recording over the network, but I get chipmunk effect. The HW which I playing the file apparently only does 48,000. Am I screwed?
15:10<Chutt>mechou, yeah, without adding some pretty simple resampling code to mythtv
15:10<Chutt>or using alsa to auto-resample
15:11<monkeyBox>Will mythtv ever be able to tweak the codec settings on the ivtv driver? for instance, if I want to change bitrate, I have to do it through ivtv's test_ioctl program...
15:11<monkeyBox>through the interface I mean...
15:11<Chutt>monkeyBox, once the codec settings are more official
15:11<Chutt>the interface that's in there now is fairly hackish
15:11<mechou>Chutt, you got a pointer to alsa auto-resample? I'm not familiar w/ that...
15:12<Chutt>mechou, not off-hand, sorry.. look for a howto on setting up an .asoundrc
15:12<mechou>Chutt, OK, will do.
15:13<jhurliman>anyone know if btaudio supports the zoltrix tv genie card?
15:13<rcaskey_>Chutt: working on a feature list for .10 yet?
15:13<Chutt>not really
15:13<rcaskey_>I don't know about the .10 thing, I kinda like the infinte .9's method
15:14<Chutt>i'd _like_ to put out 0.10 in a much quicker time period than 0.8 -> 0.9
15:14<rcaskey_>making the next version .99 then .999, etc
15:14<Chutt>but i said the same thing about 0.9
15:14<Chutt>so i dunno
15:14<rcaskey_>meaning depending on your platform, some users might reach 1.0 sooner than others...
15:15<thor_>Chutt, do you recall why we have a fixspace flag in MythListView() ?
15:15<thor_>do we still need that?
15:15<Chutt>you can't delete an item from a QListView on the default space pressed handler
15:15<Chutt>i don't think so
15:15<thor_>k, thanks
15:16<rcaskey_> did the url change?
15:16<rcaskey_>the MythTV-dev link off of seems down
15:16<Snow-Man>Fucking mailman.
15:16<rcaskey_>Snow-Man: im really wising there was a standard xml format for archiving posts
15:17<Snow-Man>I'm really wishing mailman wasn't a fucking piece of shit.
15:17<rcaskey_>that too
15:19<monkeyBox>this is strange... I think after looking cloaser I can kinda see what's happening here.. the video gets out of sync BEHIND on the audio, maybe about a half to a full second behind... then the bubbly-echo effect kicks in and the a/v is synced again... then after another few seconds the echo effect kicks in again but perminantly this time.. any new thoughts?
15:20<Snow-Man>So of *course* they had to fucking move /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin to /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman! Duh! Why wouldn't I have ever guessed they'd do that and not fucking tell anyway?
15:20<Chutt>debian maintainer?
15:20<Snow-Man>And what's with you people not telling me this sooner anyway?
15:20<Snow-Man>Chutt: Of course.
15:21<Snow-Man>rcaskey_: That work?
15:21<rkulagow__> if(curMeta)
15:21<rkulagow__> {
15:21<rkulagow__> time_text->SetText(time_string);
15:21<rkulagow__>oops, was still editing that. anyway, i'm within an event loop at this point, and i'm still getting "Blank" returned.
15:22<JAC>monkey: what are your frontend HW specs?
15:22<rcaskey_>btw Chutt, is there anything that could be done to speed up retreval? it took me half an hour to get my updates over cable on first run
15:23<Chutt>updates of what?
15:23<Chutt>the listings?
15:23<rcaskey_>mostly for channels I dont even get
15:23<Chutt>you can always edit those out of the config file
15:23<rkulagow__>line ~1104 of playbackbox.cpp - and it stays as "Blank" after cycling a visualizer with "6", entering full screen with "4", etc. am i still not seeing something WRT the getCurrentVisual call?
15:23<Chutt>talk to the xmltv guys about the speed of it
15:23<thor_>rkulagow, just email me your code
15:24<rkulagow__>thor: the above is actually _it_; i just replaced your call in the info_text with a call to the getCurrentVisual, compile, make install.
15:24<thor_>hang on
15:25<rkulagow__>(i'm actually just trying to see if i can get something to print before trying to work on the info box dimensions, etc)
15:25<Chutt>a bigger info box would be cool.
15:25<Chutt>and transparent, too
15:26<thor_>works fine here ... make install?
15:27<rkulagow__>i'm going to feel more than stupid if this doesn't work. hold on.
15:27<thor_>little "Goom" in there
15:27<thor_>although oddly, goom is blank (the visual)
15:27<Snow-Man>The mailing list queue appears to be decreasing.
15:28<Snow-Man>Down 200 messages since someone complained. :)
15:28<Chutt>i dunno
15:28<thor_>since last update ...
15:29<thor_>Ah ... rkulagow
15:29<thor_>you have you're visualizers set on "Random" right?
15:31<rkulagow__>thor: yes
15:31-!-yourmom [[pA]] has joined #mythtv
15:31<thor_>if you put in a space separated list it will work. Or hang on for a few minutes and I'll fix it
15:31<monkeyBox>JAC: Dell 866MHz laptop, audio chipset is: "intel 82801CA/CAM AC'97 (rev 01)"
15:32<rkulagow__>ah, thanks. and here i though i knew even less about programming than i thought i did.
15:32<yourmom>When I am playing a currently recorded show, it will kick me out of watching it half way through. I don't get any error messages. Has anyone seen this?
15:33<jhurliman>yourmom: version of mythtv?
15:33<JAC>monkey: OK, what are your recording parameters (codec, resolution, bitrate/quality, audio quality)
15:34<yourmom>Mpeg-4, 480x480, 2199, mp3 7. This doesn't hapen as soon as the recording has stopped. The frontend also dos not crash.
15:34<yourmom>All the other are default
15:36<monkeyBox>JAC: I'm using ivtv (PVR 250) drivers, bitrate is 4Mbps (set witht the ivtv driver tools), resolution is 640x480, Audo quality is 32k MP3
15:37<yourmom>jhurliman, should I debug my setup?
15:37<yourmom>I don't see any error messages at all. I just get kicked out of the recording.
15:38-!-poptix_ [] has joined #mythtv
15:38<-- jhurlimanhas quit ()
15:38<yourmom>Does anyone have any suggestions.
15:40<-- yourmomhas quit ()
15:42<JAC>monkeyBox: ...and you said you're on a 100Mbit switch network? Both boxes, or is one wireless? Ever try cranking the resolution/bitrate down?
15:44<JAC>Can anyone comment on whether monkeyBox's 866MHz box is fast enough to decode MPEG-2/640x480@4000bps ?
15:44-!-poptix_ is now known as poptix
15:44<jkolb>I'm pretty sure my box is only 850MHz, and it's doing MPEG-2/720x480 @ 8MB/s
15:44<jkolb>Lemme check that.
15:45<jkolb>Yeah, Celeron 850.
15:45<jkolb>It's doing VBR @ 8(avg)/16(peak) just fine.
15:47<monkeyBox>I just lowered my bitrate to 4(avg)/8(peak) and it still has exact same problem
15:48<jkolb>At 4/8, I was getting a noisy picture, so I bumped it back up.
15:48<jkolb>Of course, I haven't updated my ivtv driver in a few weeks. Maybe I should try that again.
15:49<monkeyBox>Yeah, I hear the firmware is still pretty buggy
15:49<jkolb>It's been working like a champ as long as I leave everything at the defaults.
15:50-!-Chang [] has joined #mythtv
15:52<monkeyBox>yeah it works great for me too, but they say that changing bitrates can be buggy at times... and I'd like to be able to lower my bitrate to reduce filesizes.. mpeg2 is HUGE
15:53<jkolb>I picked up a 200G drive for my myth box, so I haven't really cared yet.
15:54<monkeyBox>how much did that set you back?
15:55<jkolb>Like $250?
15:56<jkolb>It seems you can get a WD 200G for $189 now. I wanted the Maxtor DiamondMax 9 (it has FDB)
15:56<monkeyBox>I'm always hesitant to buy huge drives... 'cause if one goes out that's a lot to loose..
15:56<rkulagow__>yeesh! any rebates involved? shows 200G drives coming in at < $100 after rebates or coupons and such.
15:56<jkolb>I'll only lose my myth recordings. My ripped CDs are archived on two other drives.
15:58<monkeyBox>yeah, you'll also loose that $250 hard drive.. I'd rather have three or four 80 GB hard drives, then if on goes out I don't have to spend a buttload on a new one :)
15:58<jkolb>If they're going to die, they'll usually die within the warranty period.
15:59<jkolb>If they live through the first few weeks, you'll probably buy a new drive that's big enough to just back everything up to before it dies of old age.
15:59<jkolb>rkulagow__: I've never heard of techbargains. I just use pricewatch.
16:00<monkeyBox>good point..
16:01<monkeyBox>anyone have any experience with the VIA EPIA-M mini-itx boards?? they seem like perfect candidates for a PVR (they're practically made for one)
16:01<rkulagow__>techbargains lets you know about upcoming deals, coupons, rebates, etc. like fatwallet, or anandtech
16:01<jkolb>rkulagow__: I must be missing where it shows hard drive prices on techbargains. Am I just blind?
16:02<rkulagow__>well, there may not be a sale _right now_, but if you look at it once in a while you'll usually find something.
16:02<jkolb>Yep, just blind.
16:03<Chutt>are there any more text config files other than mysql.txt left?
16:04<rkulagow__>if you mean that aren't being used, then mythtv-HOWTO.txt is one. =)
16:04<thor_>Chutt, is there some reason why randomViz is static ?
16:04<Chutt>i dunno
16:04<jkolb>Chutt: If I can come up with a better layout, would it be alright if I poke around the database structure?
16:05<Chutt>i just need the reasonining behind any changes
16:05<Chutt>and it has to be a valid reason =)
16:05<jkolb>Can it be that it looks prettier when I draw it on a tab... damn.
16:05<jkolb>I guess I'll have to actually think about it first, then.
16:06<thor_>both creatVis() and randomVis() are static methods in MainVisual, which is proving to be a pain ... I'm going to try and change them
16:06<Chutt>that's perfectly fine
16:07<thor_>and registerVisFactory()
16:07<Chutt>i dunno 'bout those
16:07<Chutt>maybe, though
16:07<Chutt>depends on how you want to handle the vis 'plugins'
16:08-!-poptix [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
16:09<thor_>oh, I see ...
16:09<thor_>dear god this is ugly
16:09<thor_>never mind
16:10-!-poptix_ [] has joined #mythtv
16:11-!-poptix_ [] has quit [Client Quit]
16:11<-- JAC( has left #mythtv
16:11-!-poptix_ [] has joined #mythtv
16:11<rkulagow__>thor: is this for the visualization stuff that i was trying to get displayed?
16:11-!-poptix_ is now known as poptix
16:11<thor_>but not exclusively
16:13<rkulagow__>thor: ok, thanks. maybe i can figure out how to work that into the infobox now that i know that it was "something else"
16:13<thor_>you were doing everything right, just that getCurrentVisual() was not returning the right name
16:14<thor_>should be sorted shortly, along with Space == Return == Enter
16:15<-- mechou( has left #mythtv
16:24<jkolb>monkeyBox: $204.66 for that Maxtor now:
16:25<extremis>urg, very little info on dvb
16:40-!-Chang [] has quit ["ChatZilla 0.8.26 [Mozilla rv:1.4b/20030507]"]
16:43-!-ForsGump [] has joined #mythtv
16:48-!-ahbritto [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
16:50-!-bcrooke_ [] has joined #mythtv
16:53-!-zaheer [] has joined #mythtv
16:53<zaheer>hi guys
16:54<zaheer>i setup a dedicated myth box 1 1/2 weeks ago for the house and the family cant live without it already! Thanks guys
16:55Tclplugin unloaded.
16:55Pythoninterface unloaded
17:01--> Youare now talking on #mythtv
17:01-!-Topic for #mythtv is
17:01-!-Topic for #mythtv set by Viddy at Sun Mar 9 06:04:45
17:05<monkeyBox>Have you guys used mythtv in a gnome environment? the fullscreen doesn't work correctly with metacity.. I contacted the metacity developers and they say it's most likely because mythtv does not support the fullscreen implementation suggested by is that right?
17:06<zaheer>thats probably right
17:06<zaheer>in both kde and gnome it comes up with a title bar
17:07<zaheer>my mythbox uses ratpoison as the window manager
17:07<jkolb>Is a windowmanager even required anymore? Everything is drawn on a single window now, right?
17:08<zaheer>but its only when watching tv or when watching a recording, the actual interface of mythtv appears full screen
17:08<zaheer>jkolb: i havent tried without a wm...worth sticking just mythfrontend in the .xinitrc
17:09<monkeyBox>here's the reference:
17:09-!-ForsGump [] has quit [Connection timed out]
17:09<monkeyBox>(see _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN)
17:10<zaheer>monkeybix: does the main gui also not appear fullscreen?
17:13<monkeyBox>no, only the mythtv app
17:14<zaheer>monkeyBox: the tv watching part of the menu interface or both?
17:15<monkeyBox>zaheer: the frontend menus and everything go to fullscreen just fine... but the actual mythtv viewer does not
17:15<monkeyBox>like if I ran /usr/local/bin/mythtv
17:16<zaheer>i get the same
17:16-!-dopez [] has quit [".."]
17:16<monkeyBox>are the developers aware of this bug?
17:16<zaheer>thatsh why i use ratpoison as my window manager, it makes every app fullscreen
17:17<zaheer>and u switch using the keystrokes used in screen
17:17<zaheer>tho my myth box is dedicaated so i dont need gnome running
17:18<monkeyBox>well, to each their own :) ... but regardless this is a bug that should be fixed (imho)
17:18<zaheer>my guess is its a simple patch to make mythtv viewer fullscreen
17:18<monkeyBox>cause I like to watch mythtv on my desktop as well...
17:18<zaheer>yah understood :)
17:19<zaheer>i run the frontend on my desktop often too, an yes it not being fullscreen is somewhat annoying
17:19<-- jkolbhas quit ()
17:20<monkeyBox>when I build my dedicated frontend system, I probably won't even use a WM.. just raw X should work fine, right?
17:21<zaheer>i guess so, i plan to try it at some stage as now i dont need to fiddle with my myth box
17:21<zaheer>my only worry is how the dialogs will look
17:21-!-mechou [] has joined #mythtv
17:21<thor_>the current cvs is all one window, so could (in principle) run without a WM
17:23<monkeyBox>the problem with gnome/metacity is easy to workaround though.. just bind a key in gnome's settings for fullscreen, and it will set the _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN for you...
17:23<zaheer>thor_: has the move to modules fully been done in CVS? (or are there any bits left)
17:24<thor_>pretty much
17:24<thor_>few squibbles here and there
17:24<thor_>but it's getting sorted
17:25<zaheer>my next step is getting dvb fully working
17:25<thor_>I'd leave the family box alone for a little while vis-a-vis CVS
17:26<thor_>little things breaking and getting fixed all the time
17:26-!-dopez [] has joined #mythtv
17:26<zaheer>:) thx for the advice, i plan to leave it until the weekend at least
17:26<zaheer>im currently using cvs from the day of 0.9.1
17:26<extremis>groan, so the DVB code doesn't work yet
17:26<extremis>is anyone other than Ben working on it?
17:27<thor_>Ben has done a pretty good job considering he doesn't even own a DVB card
17:27<zaheer>extremis: i have a susspicion that its my crap disk i/o speed
17:27<zaheer>thats causing the probs
17:28<zaheer>i have my nova-t in my docking station and using a thinkpad t20 (PIII 750)
17:28<extremis>I just bought a technotrend
17:28<extremis>it should be here this week
17:28<zaheer>the bitrate of the mpeg2 coming from the dvb card is nearly as much as my hdparm -t value
17:28<extremis>should I get a CI?
17:29<zaheer>extremis: i dunno how well CIs are supported under cannot say
17:29<extremis>are you just watching free2air?
17:29<zaheer>yah thats all we get in UK
17:30<zaheer>not only that my aerial isnt wideband so i only get 2 of the 5 or 6 multiplexes here
17:30<zaheer>but the picture clarity and the audio quality is just something else
17:31<extremis>yeah, that is why I bought mine, I don't want to go svideo in from my dish network reciever, I want to go straight into the box
17:31<extremis>info on this stuff is just so hard to find
17:32<zaheer>extremis: also be prepared for spending quite a bit of time figurting out how to fill the database entries manually for dvb
17:33<extremis>so youhave dvb working with mythtv?
17:33<zaheer>my current progress
17:34-!-ca1vin [] has joined #mythtv
17:34<zaheer>i) it tunes perfectly, gets a lock etc.
17:35<zaheer>ii) watching live tv gives a semblance of a picture but is awful, and sound is lost 7 seconds of every 8
17:35<extremis>are you writing code for it?
17:35-!-Drikus [] has quit ["toedeledoki"]
17:35<zaheer>iii) recording only, creates an mpeg2 nuv file that isnt very good when watching recording
17:36<zaheer>no, but i had to patch the tuine.c file in libdvbdev dir
17:36<zaheer>tune.c that is
17:36<extremis>did you submit your patch?
17:36<extremis>is there anyone else working on it?
17:36<zaheer>as i said i reckon its my disk i/o not being able to keep up with the high bitrate mpeg2 that dvb gives
17:36<ca1vin>what kind of drive?
17:37* extremishas a 200gig ata133
17:37<zaheer>not yet, coz i have no idea if its specific to my card, or a hack...
17:37<zaheer>i have a 30gb 2.5" ibm drive thats a few years old inside my laptop
17:37<ca1vin>sounds like the problem
17:38<extremis>that worries me, sounds like I won't be able to record both dvb and svideo from my pvr250
17:38<extremis>which was my intentions
17:38<zaheer>well hdparm reports the MB/s with -t, not very much higher than the mpeg2 bitrate coming from the card
17:38<extremis>I could add a second drive
17:38<zaheer>extremis: dont worry
17:38<extremis>I have a 120gig in my xbox I could take
17:39<ca1vin>or go scsi
17:39<zaheer>extremis: your drive sounds ok
17:39<extremis>ca1vin: scsi is cost prohibitive
17:39<extremis>zaheer: have you seen any of the cam emulation stuff?
17:39<zaheer>my live mythbox has nearly 20 times the i/o rate as my laptop
17:39<ca1vin>not if you have scsi drives already :-)
17:39<extremis>ca1vin: I have 1 rail for you btw
17:39<extremis>I'm trying to get the others
17:39<ca1vin>its about time :-)
17:40<ca1vin>thanks btw
17:40<extremis>I had it
17:40<extremis>just didn't tell you
17:40<ca1vin>I see how it is
17:40<zaheer>extremis: no, but sounds there linux software that emulates the cams?
17:40<extremis>zaheer: there is a vdr plugin, yes
17:40<extremis>it does the decryption too
17:41<zaheer>for what sattelites?
17:41<extremis>I don't know, but I know it works for dish Network
17:42<ca1vin>I know it doesn't work with directtv
17:42<ca1vin>but from what I hear that has to do more with the card itself
17:42<zaheer>aah ok
17:43<zaheer>so wouldnt require a CI addon for certain cards
17:44<zaheer>one word of caution DVB wise, do not use the gentoo linuxtv-dvb ebuild
17:44<ca1vin>from what I undertsand no dvb-s cards work with direct tv
17:44<zaheer>the tuning stuff seems broken
17:45<zaheer>the 1.0.0 pre 3 driver seems to work well, along with tzap, dvbtune and dvbstream
17:48-!-chinande [] has quit ["Client Exiting"]
17:50<thor_>rkulagow, you now want latest CVS, but you need new libmyth first.
17:51<thor_>Snow-Man, lists are definitely not speedy
17:52<extremis>zaheer: do you think its possible to port that vdr-softcam patch to mythtv?
17:53<rkulagow__>thor: thanks. i'll start to work on it.
17:55<zaheer>anything is possible, the code is there :)
17:55<zaheer>how long it would take to do so, is another matter
18:05-!-BenB [] has joined #mythtv
18:05<BenB>zaheer: you have DVB code working?? :-))
18:05* BenBreads extremis' mail
18:05<zaheer>BenB: nearly!
18:06<zaheer>i had to pull a lot of my hair out
18:06<BenB>zaheer: :-(
18:06<BenB>zaheer: about what?
18:06<zaheer>i had to "hack" tune.c from the libdvbdev dir
18:06<BenB>zaheer: patch?
18:06<BenB>(and why, if not obvious)
18:06<zaheer>i'll send u the patch hold a sec, let me make the diff
18:07<BenB>(please don't post that address, only private mail)
18:07<zaheer>the frontend event i kept getting was matching the if clause for overflow
18:08<zaheer>but it tunes fine when i comment that if clause out
18:08<PeteCool>Chutt: have you tried manually resolving a conflict with the only-one-window code yet? It seems to break badly here...
18:08<zaheer>..just gonna retrieve the orig file from cvs
18:09<BenB>zaheer: you can just do cvs diff -uw tune.c > tune.diff
18:09<monkeyBox>anyone know the best way to get TV-out working with an NVidia GForce4 ti?
18:09<PeteCool>Chutt: The buttons don't work, only possible action is leaving that screen with ESC
18:09<BenB>zaheer: I mean |cvs diff -uw tune.c > tune.diff|
18:09<BenB>zaheer: that automatically gets the right CVS version and compares with that
18:09<zaheer>duh! i forgot about cvs diff :)
18:10<ca1vin>monkeyBox: tv out works great on my first try with the geforce4, unlike the gefroce2
18:10<monkeyBox>ca1vin: are you using the nvidia driver or the "nvtv" app?
18:10<ca1vin>nvidia driver
18:10<monkeyBox>I'd like to be able to use nvtv but can't quite figure it out yet
18:10<ca1vin>with overscan option
18:11<ca1vin>nvtv was more of a pain in the ass than its worth
18:11<ca1vin>at least for myself
18:11<ca1vin>I know it works good for others
18:12<ca1vin>are you using the nvidia driver?
18:12<monkeyBox>is there a way to set it up so that it keeps the desktops completely separate? (if I want to still use my desktop monitor for everyday stuff..
18:12<monkeyBox>actually I'm using the Xfree86 "nv" driver because I've had tons of problems with the nvidia driver and XV apps
18:12<ca1vin>I am not sure as I only us a tv
18:12<ca1vin>which nvidia driver where you using?
18:17<monkeyBox>I'm using the nv driver (the opensource one)
18:17<ca1vin>well you said you had problems with the nvidia driver
18:17<ca1vin>which one
18:18<monkeyBox>the closed source nvidia driver...
18:18<ca1vin>I mean which version
18:18<monkeyBox>oh... the version of which driver? the closed source one?
18:19<ca1vin>seems to work great
18:19<monkeyBox>well it works for everyone else I talk to.. just not me L(
18:19<-- Captain_Murdoch_has quit ()
18:19<monkeyBox>last I tried was 1.0.4363
18:19<extremis>is there a geforce4 ti, I thought that was the geforce 3
18:20<monkeyBox>the problem I had with the binary driver only occurred in XV windows
18:21<monkeyBox>all my XV output always looks garbled with that driver.. with the opensource driver it looks fine
18:21<monkeyBox>I've never figured out why either.
18:21<ca1vin>I see
18:21<monkeyBox>So, what I'm wandering is if there's a way to use TV-out with the opensource driver?
18:21<ca1vin>nvtv :-)
18:22-!-Viddy [] has joined #mythtv
18:23<monkeyBox>well, looking at the nvtv docs, it says it doesn't work witht the opensource version of the driver..
18:24<ca1vin>hmm, I don't remember which driver I was using with it so that probably is the case
18:26<monkeyBox>well, I'm trying nv-tv right now but can't fiigure out what I need to do.. :-(
18:26<monkeyBox>I've switched all the settings and nothing's happening...
18:26<ca1vin>did you hit tv-on?
18:27<ca1vin>explain why you need XV windows
18:27<ca1vin>just wondering
18:27<monkeyBox>heh.. to display DVD, mythtv, etc..
18:27<monkeyBox>what other poss. way is ther?
18:28<ca1vin>I guess I am not sure why you are having the problem you are having
18:28-!-bline [] has joined #mythtv
18:30<monkeyBox>well, I've never figured the problem out either, but as it stands right now, I'm forced to use the "nv" driver when I want to watch DVD or TV.
18:30<ca1vin>are you sure its not something in your xfconfig that is wrong when you are having issue with the nvidia driver?
18:30<ca1vin>do you see errors in your x log\
18:30<extremis>mythtv uses XV?
18:34<rkulagow__>thor: yay! it works. i need to tweak the music-ui to get the text to align correctly (i put it to the right of the rating), but otherwise it's working excellently.
18:36<BenB>extremis: yes.
18:36<rkulagow__>chutt: i'm assuming that you defer commit / send patch decisions on external modules^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hplugins to the primary maintainer?
18:43<Chutt>for the most part
18:44-!-mechou [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
18:45<rkulagow__>i'll wait for thor to come back, but i've made a stupid / trivial change that just prints what visualization is showing in the infobox. i now know that it's _goom_ that my daughter likes, not, synaesthesia, which is too difficult to spell anyways.
18:46-!-ahbritto [] has joined #mythtv
18:46-!-pridkett [] has quit ["leaving"]
18:47<rkulagow__>plus, 99% of making it possible was the commit that thor just made. =)
18:47-!-monkeyBox [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
18:53<Chutt>BenB, i'll apply your movies patch one of these day, really
18:54<Chutt>'days', too
18:55-!-schultmc [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
18:55<extremis>what ir blaster should I buy?
18:55<extremis>or is it silly simple to make one?
18:55<extremis>I have a few extra hauupauge ir cables
18:56<ca1vin>there is a lot of post about that in the archives
18:56<ca1vin>I ended up going with this
18:57<ca1vin>took less than 24 hours to get here
18:59<extremis>This product does NOT include an Actisys IR-200L -- this product is only designed to work with SnapStream Personal Video Station. So only buy this if you want to use it with SnapStream!
18:59<ca1vin>ya ignore that
18:59<ca1vin>its a disclaimer
18:59<extremis>actisys sells just the blaster
18:59<extremis>and not the cables
19:00<extremis>ugh, its more expensive directly from actisys
19:00<ca1vin>you should listen to me when I talk
19:01<extremis>urhg, ther eis not buy link there
19:02<ca1vin>just buy it from the site or make a homebrew
19:02<extremis>it won't let me buy it there
19:02<ca1vin>one sec
19:02<ca1vin>let me get the exact link
19:03<ca1vin>they removed it
19:03<ca1vin>maybe they figured out what people were doing
19:03<extremis>so if I have a logitech serial infrared adapter can it be used for tx as well as rx? I'm assuming the hardware is different
19:04<ca1vin>check out the lirc docs, they may mention it somewhere
19:04-!-justin [] has quit [Killed (NickServ (Ghost: dreemkill!]
19:04<BenB>Chutt: (movies patch) hehe, yes, ok, thanks :).
19:04<ca1vin>I would be willing to bet you could get it to work\
19:05-!-justin__ [] has joined #mythtv
19:07<ca1vin>there you go
19:07-!-mecraw [] has quit ["Trillian ("]
19:08-!-Captain_Murdoch [] has joined #mythtv
19:13-!-zaheer [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
19:16-!-ahbritto [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
19:39<rkulagow__>thor: "the baby kulagowski commit". i like it. =)
19:39<rkulagow__>snow-man: is the list actually laggier now than before?
19:43<Chutt>i'm getting email from 2 hours ago
19:44<BenB>hahaha "The Baby Kulagowski commit"
19:45<BenB>rkulagow: how old s your daughter?
19:46<Captain_Murdoch>Chutt, couple quick questions. 1) If I add new words/phrases and have them wrapped in tr(), should I add them to the .ts files or just let a translator do that? 2) is it OK to turn on auto commercial flagging by default for new people unless turned off in setup. I think a lot of people are still using the old manual skip method because they don't turn auto-flagging on.
19:46-!-rkulagow__ [] has quit [Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer)]
19:46-!-rkulagow__ [] has joined #mythtv
19:52-!-ForsGump [] has joined #mythtv
19:53-!-Ripp [~chris@] has joined #mythtv
19:56-!-hfb [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
19:59<BenB>Chutt: me too. if you want to host the lists on my server, you're welcome.
20:01<BenB>(oh, I see in the archives that you want to keep the current server. n/m, then)
20:04-!-mechou [] has joined #mythtv
20:08-!-mechou [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
20:14-!-mechou [] has joined #mythtv
20:19-!-ahbritto [] has joined #mythtv
20:23<Chutt>captain_murdoch, just run lupdate or lrelease or whatever it is that updates the .ts files, and yeah, you can turn that on by default
20:23-!-BenB [] has quit ["Leaving IRC - dircproxy 1.0.3"]
20:25-!-justin__ is now known as Justin_
20:33<Snow-Man>rkulagow__: Possibly I guess.
20:36<Snow-Man>Alright, I removed the bandwidth caps and reset the sendmail config.
20:36<Snow-Man>Let's see if it can keep up now.
20:37-!-hachi [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
20:40<Captain_Murdoch>Chutt: ok, thanks.
20:44<extremis>does lirc_sir use a diff mknod?
20:44<extremis>mode2 isn't picking anything up when I use lirc_sir but it does on lirc_serial
20:49<Snow-Man>Things appear to be clearing out of the mail queue on relay...
20:57<ahbritto>Snow-Man: How many subscribers to mythtv-users?
20:58<Snow-Man>Hell if I know.
20:58<Snow-Man>A fuckload
20:58<Snow-Man>Down to near 1000 messages in the queue from over 2000 earlier.
20:59<ahbritto>Are you delivering them yourself, or through upstream?
20:59<PeteCool>Chutt: unless that was fixed since I last wrote, the conflict resolution "popup" letting you choose which show of many to record, is having focus issues
20:59<Snow-Man>Oh, yeah, right, like upstream would be cool with this much mail.
20:59<ahbritto>The question I guess is are you customer or a guest?
21:00<Snow-Man>A customer, but that wouldn't matter.
21:00<Snow-Man>This isn't like a couple emails.
21:00<extremis>lirc_sir: I/O port 0x03f8, IRQ 4.
21:00<extremis>enable_irq(4) unbalanced from e0d29b02
21:00<extremis>lirc_sir: Installed.
21:00<extremis>anyone get that one before?
21:01<PeteCool>Chutt: (I'm trying to say it differently so it can make sense to you)
21:01<Snow-Man>I wish I knew why it was being such a bitch.
21:01<ahbritto>If you haven't checked with them you might, they might easily be able to handle high-volume.
21:02<Snow-Man>I'm probably lucky they don't try and tell me I'm a spammer.
21:02<ahbritto>Well, most service contracts specify they will be a smart host for the client.
21:03<Snow-Man>Look, if I need help from the peanut gallery I'll ask, mkay?
21:03<ahbritto>Sorry. :(
21:04<extremis>I'd like help from teh panut gallery
21:05<extremis>rather, I would like any help :)
21:09<rcaskey_>most service contracts also say your not supposed to run any servers
21:17-!-Ripp [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
21:17-!-Ripp [~ripp@] has joined #mythtv
21:22-!-hfb [] has joined #mythtv
21:25<Chutt>petecool, i'll have that fixed in a sec
21:26<Chutt>thanks for finding that =)
21:26<Snow-Man>How's the list?
21:26<Snow-Man>Chutt: And I havn't got recent on atm.
21:27<Chutt>the last email i've gotten was 6:14 pm
21:27<Captain_Murdoch>Chutt: could that also be affecting the infodialog popup from the conflict res page?
21:28<Chutt>captain_murdoch, he's talking about the conflict res page
21:28<Snow-Man>I've only got one ijr mail, and that's to or whatever.
21:28<Chutt>i dunno
21:28<Chutt>i'll have to check
21:28<Chutt>snowman, looks like the initial relay -> www is taking > 2 hours
21:29<Captain_Murdoch>I wasn't sure if it was a problem with the specfic resolve popup where you pick a show or any popup off that screen.
21:29<Chutt>oh, wait
21:29<Snow-Man>errr, well, that'd be shitty, wouldn't it.
21:29<Chutt>www -> www is taking 2 hours
21:29* Snow-Manblinks.
21:29<Chutt>received from relay by www at 18:15:52
21:29<Chutt>received from www by www 20:29:13
21:29<Chutt>received from www by relay 20:32:11
21:29<Snow-Man>Can you forward it on to me?
21:29<Chutt>received from relay by 20:37:38
21:31<Chutt>that's the last email i got
21:31<Chutt>mailman problem, perhaps?
21:32<Chutt>captain_murdoch, oh, i dunno
21:34<Snow-Man>Well, I see one message got through in like 10 minutes.
21:35<Snow-Man>, specifically.
21:36-!-ForsGump [] has quit [Connection timed out]
21:36-!-ahbritto [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
21:36<Snow-Man>It's not like there's any load on www...
21:36<Chutt>i still haven't gotten anything since 6 pm
21:37<Snow-Man>Jun 17 21:23:38 syslog@relay/relay sm-mta[22209]: h5I1NLcB022197: to=<ijr@po.cwr
21:37<Snow-Man>>,<>, delay=00:00:17, xdelay=00:00:02, mailer=esmtp, pri=
21:37<Snow-Man>2096439, [], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (Ok.)
21:39<Snow-Man>So I guess that isn't me...? At least, not entirely.
21:39<Chutt>that 2 hour delay in there is you :p
21:39<Chutt>previous emails i've gotten were similar
21:40<Snow-Man>Well, sure. :)
21:42<Snow-Man>I've really got nfc what might have caused that delay.
21:42<Chutt>i just got a ton of email
21:42<Chutt>11 messages from the list :p
21:43<Snow-Man>Do you see those delays in that batch?
21:43<Chutt>no, those were at cwru
21:43<Chutt>i really should just change my subscription address
21:43<Snow-Man>No www->www delays?
21:45<Snow-Man>Jun 17 20:20:22 2003 (25669) <> smtp for 1 recips, completed in 0.052 seconds
21:45<Snow-Man>Jun 17 20:29:13 2003 (25669) <> smtp for 698 recips, completed in 530.660 seconds
21:45-!-hfb [] has quit []
21:45<Snow-Man>Jun 17 20:35:17 2003 (25669) <> smtp for 592 recips, completed in 364.276 seconds
21:45<Snow-Man>Jun 17 20:38:31 2003 (25669) <> smtp for 698 recips, completed in 193.348 seconds
21:45<Snow-Man>Jun 17 20:38:31 2003 (25669) <> smtp for 1 recips, completed in 0.057 seconds
21:45<Snow-Man>Man, fuck if I know.
21:45-!-hfb [] has joined #mythtv
21:46<Snow-Man>364 seconds is only 6 minutes too.
21:46<Chutt>yeah, that's good
21:46<Chutt>i dunno
21:46<Chutt>seems to have cleared itself up
21:47<Snow-Man>The weird thing is that the message you saw with the 2 hour delay was the only listed witha 364 second delay.
21:49<Snow-Man>Maybe I'll leave it alone for a bit if things appear to be working better now.
21:51<Snow-Man>Let me know if you see any more weird shit..
21:52<Chutt>of course
21:55<Chutt>petecool, ok, this will take longer than i thought
21:55<Chutt>it's not cooperating :(
21:57<Chutt>ah hah
21:57<Chutt>maybe that's it
21:59-!-hfb [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
22:07<rkulagow> thor, you back yet?
22:08<thor_>I am now
22:11<-- rkulagow( has left #mythtv
22:12<PeteCool>Chutt: another thing: after exiting the "popup", mythfrontend seems to hang at the programming menu... but you should've seen that by now, I guess
22:13<Chutt>fixed, i think
22:13<Chutt>mind updating to verify?
22:13-!-rkulagow [] has joined #mythtv
22:13<PeteCool>no problem, just tell me when it's in CVS... I don't see it in the -commits archive yet
22:13<Chutt>i just committed it before the 'fixed, i think' =)
22:13<Chutt>like, right then =)
22:14<PeteCool>do I need to do a distclean?
22:14-!-GreyFoxx [] has joined #MythTV
22:14<PeteCool>if not you'll know much faster if it's fixed :)
22:14-!-tuscany [] has joined #mythtv
22:17<Chutt>sorry, had to do dishes
22:18<Chutt>really, you only need to do a distclean now if the normal build doesn't work
22:18<Chutt>and it'll complain about it, so it's obvious, rather than just segfaulting randomly =)
22:18<PeteCool>hmm, that's good to know
22:19<PeteCool>so it won't complain about outdated parts like mythbackend did a while ago?
22:22-!-DrZaius [] has joined #mythtv
22:24<DrZaius>hey, anybody get IR working w/ their TV cards?
22:24-!-dopez [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
22:25<PeteCool>Tyler Drake looks *very* experienced in Unix.... about as experienced as someone who never used it :)
22:25<Chutt>i don't think he's been on many mailing lists before
22:26<Chutt>every mail does not require a reply
22:26<thor_>(sigh) Tyler ...
22:27<Chutt>thor, that vorbis problem's odd, btw =)
22:27<DrZaius>hey Chutt, someone told me you got lirc working w/ your tuner card. i'm a bit stuck trying to get mine working
22:27<thor_>something wonky somewhere
22:27<Chutt>who's the 'someone'
22:28<DrZaius>vektor, from livid
22:28<Chutt>i'm kind of busy at the moment to do tech support
22:28<DrZaius>no prob
22:28<Chutt>ask again in 10 minutes?
22:28<DrZaius>will do, if i'm still stuck ;)
22:29<poptix>god damnit
22:29<poptix>the mythtv lists are way too active
22:32<Captain_Murdoch>the -dev list is way too active with -user stuff
22:32<Chutt>and vice-versa
22:33-!-ahbritto [] has joined #mythtv
22:33<poptix>i've just had to shuffle them further down my mailbox list
22:33<poptix>otherwise they're always popping up as the next mailbox when i choose next unread
22:49<just1nux>Chutt: in the theme.xml is you uncomment the <!-- <shadow>
22:49<just1nux> <color>black</color>
22:49<just1nux> <offset>2,2</offset>
22:49<just1nux> <alpha>128</alpha>
22:49<just1nux> </shadow>
22:49<just1nux>some stuff is in french
22:49<Chutt>i think that's fixed with current cvs
22:49<just1nux>only watch recordings and everything under it
22:49<just1nux>im running cvs from yesterday, was it after that?
22:50<Chutt>just a few minutes ago
22:50<just1nux>heh, someone caught it before i did. :)
22:50<Chutt>i did
23:09-!-DrZaius [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
23:12-!-Ripp [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
23:15-!-rcaskey_ [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
23:18<PeteCool>Chutt: the fix works, the recordings popups are fine now :)
23:19<PeteCool>Chutt: hmm, any ideas how to track the non-applied main window displacements?
23:22<thor_>Hurray for Dennis Lou!
23:22-!-ahbritto [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
23:23-!-Timon [] has joined #mythtv
23:33-!-ahbritto [] has joined #mythtv
23:35-!-mechou [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
23:41<extremis>lirc_sir: I/O port 0x03f8, IRQ 4.
23:41<extremis>enable_irq(4) unbalanced from e0d29b02
23:41<extremis>lirc_sir: Installed.
23:43<extremis>has anyone seen that error?
23:47<bline>check the lirc mailing list?
23:47<extremis>I'ms canning it now
23:47<extremis>its not searchable
23:51<extremis>hrm alot of people have it but they aren't saying its a problem
23:51<extremis>when using lirc_sir it doesn't rx at all
23:51<extremis>(as seen with mode2)
23:51<extremis>but it does with lirc_serial