Back to Home / #mythtv / 2003 / 07 / Prev Day | Next Day
#mythtv IRC Logs for 2003-07-18

00:00<bbeattie>, it's not up yet for online buing. :-)
00:00<bbeattie>buying, sorry.
00:06<grogan>can lirc be used to control multiple identical tuners via separate ir blasters?
00:11<Timon>bbeattie: From what I understand lirc only supports a single ir blaster.
00:12-!-yebyen [] has joined #mythtv
00:12<bbeattie>maybe I miss understand how x10 stuff works, but any ir blaster gets the signly oesn't it?
00:13<Timon>bbeattie: When I tried to use a blaster with lirc, it would only support a single blaster. Furthermore, it required the blaster to run on the same port as the reciever
00:13<grogan>blah.. that sucks
00:14<Timon>I could be wrong. But last time I tried ( 3 - 4 months ago) I couldn't do it
00:15<grogan>one would hope that a respected, mature package like lirc could do better
00:16<Timon>I believe if you do some massaging you may be able to make it work with a xmitter and reciever on different ports. no clue about more than 1 xmitter on different ports though
00:16<grogan>maybe I'll have to hack something around the lirc source to do simple IR transmissions over a specified serial port
00:17<Timon>Anyone seen Andy Davidoff (inman) recently?
00:21-!-bline [~sbeck@] has joined #mythtv
00:24-!-Thyndas [~conaz@] has joined #mythtv
00:26<bbeattie>alright, sorry. I don't have one to test.
00:29-!-Conaz [] has quit [Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer)]
00:29<-- Snow-Manhas quit (Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer))
00:33--> Snow-Man( has joined #mythtv
00:41<ca1vin>anyone here every used the s-video to composite adapter that comes with the pvr-250?
00:46<awithers>calvin - no
00:57-!-Timon [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
01:00* grogandives into the lirc source
01:02<ca1vin>never used the composite adapter on my pvr-250, now that I am it will only display in black and white
01:03<ca1vin>using s-video its fine
01:04<awithers>ca1vin - I think there was talk of such an issue on ivtv-dev
01:04* ca1vinchecking
01:08<awithers>ca1vin - what channel is your PVR set to?
01:08<ca1vin>well I am trying to use both, my cable is going in the tuner for 1 - 100 and my sat is in the s-video composite adapter
01:09<ca1vin>I found something about using test_ioctl -p to set the right type
01:09<awithers>it was lame anyway, there is a thread "black & white capture, no color, fixed, weird (:" on ivtv-dev but the poster isn't making much sense.
01:10<ca1vin>thats what I am reading
01:10<ca1vin>trying now
01:10-!-just1nux [] has joined #mythtv
01:11<ca1vin>that was it
01:11<ca1vin>thanks man
01:11<awithers>good to know it will work when I need it :)
01:12<ca1vin>now to get my sound working onthe second input
01:15<ca1vin>very cool
01:54-!-hfb [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
01:55-!-bline [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
01:55<Captain_Murdoch>Chutt, you don't happen to still be up are you?
01:56<Captain_Murdoch>I'm gonna email you a small patch to see if I'm way off base in thinking something might work.
01:56<Captain_Murdoch>it's for skipping scheduling recordings on backends with low disk space.
01:58<Captain_Murdoch>should be on its way.
01:59<Captain_Murdoch>just curious about the concept mainly. I can't test right now because I can't startup a 2nd backend. I installed my pvr-250 but haven't upgraded my kernel to a supported version for the ivtv driver. took out my other bt848 card last night.
02:00<Chutt>i don't think the bits in scheduler.cpp are right
02:00<Chutt>no, i don't think that'd work
02:00<Chutt>since it'd only check at scheduling time
02:00<Chutt>not when it's going to go record
02:00<Captain_Murdoch>wouldn't that skip cards with low disk space?
02:00<Captain_Murdoch>ahh, ok.
02:01<Chutt>though, that may be often enough
02:01<Chutt>you'd want to cache the results for all backends, though
02:01<Chutt>so you're not querying things multiple times in succession
02:01<Captain_Murdoch>yeah so it doesn't requery for each recording.
02:02<Captain_Murdoch>I was just curious about the concept. seemed too easy. I haven't looked at the scheduler code much and when I saw that "if wouldconflict then continue" part and idea popped into my head.
02:02<Chutt>there's a couple other 'WouldConflict' places
02:03<Chutt>but, if you cached the results
02:03<Chutt>and added it to the other wouldconflict places
02:03<Chutt>i _think_ it'd work
02:03<Chutt>since it should recalc the scheduler after each recording
02:04<Captain_Murdoch>I've got my new kernel in place (running 2.4.18 now) just need to reboot. tomorrow I'll reboot and get my pvr-250 working and I can test it some.
02:06<Captain_Murdoch>thanks for looking at it.
02:06<Captain_Murdoch>dunno if you saw earlier or not either, but mythweb should now fill in the date and time fields in the record table now for all record types
02:07<Chutt>ah, cool.
02:07<Captain_Murdoch>now I can use it again. :)
02:08<Captain_Murdoch>really, every time the scheduler is run, I could run through a loop checking to see which encoders had enough free space, then just use that cached data in my own if statement after each WouldConflict() call
02:09<Chutt>or just have an encoderlink->getfreespace() that stored it in a var in the encoderlink struct
02:09<Chutt>class, rather
02:09<Chutt>and an encoderlink->getcachedfreespace
02:09<Captain_Murdoch>It's going to take me forever to get to sleep now cause stuff will keep popping into my head.
02:09<Captain_Murdoch>yeah. sounds good.
02:10-!-bbeattie [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
02:10<Captain_Murdoch>really the islowonfreespace or whatever function can just check the cached value
02:10<Chutt>and just recalc that whenever the scheduler runs
02:10<Captain_Murdoch>think 250 is a good number still?
02:10<Chutt>doesn't really matter to me
02:11<Captain_Murdoch>still won't prevent the disk from fillin up no matter what the limit but it will keep new recordings from being scheduled on that encoder
02:12<Chutt>could even get fancy eventually and estimate the space a recording will take
02:12<Chutt>but that's fairly silly
02:13<Captain_Murdoch>yeah. let things like autoexpire handle that.
02:17<Chutt>i should get rid of the menutest program
02:17<Chutt>it's fairly useless nowadays
02:20<ca1vin>is there anyway to get ppv data for dish network into mythconverg?
02:20<Captain_Murdoch>have never run it myself. anyway.. off to bed. I'll get something coded and tested on that tomorrow night.
02:21<Chutt>ca1vin, there's a script linked to in the howto, i believe
02:21<Captain_Murdoch>is that directtv or dish? I was thinking it was directtv
02:21<Chutt>nevermind, then
02:21<Captain_Murdoch>not sure though.
02:21<ca1vin>ya I think its directtv
02:22<ca1vin>I wonder why xmltv doesn't have that data
02:25<ca1vin>at least we have the manual record option
02:31-!-_kch_ [] has joined #mythtv
02:53<-- phar0e_has quit ()
03:04-!-Drikus_ [] has joined #mythtv
03:05<-- awithershas quit ()
03:16-!-choenig [] has joined #mythtv
03:23-!-Edgan [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
03:25-!-yebyen_ [] has joined #mythtv
03:26-!-rehan [] has joined #mythtv
03:27<rehan>hi, all - i'm looking for some advice on suitable platforms for mythtv
03:27<rehan>how well does the pvr-250 work now?
03:30-!-yebyen [] has quit [Read error: 101 (Network is unreachable)]
03:32<-- rehan( has left #mythtv
03:37-!-Pri0ityP [] has joined #mythtv
03:37<Pri0ityP>got a problem anyone awake to help =}
03:38-!-phar0e_ [] has joined #mythtv
03:38<Pri0ityP>Your current database schema version is: 1000
03:38<Pri0ityP>but this application requires version 1002 or higher.
03:38<Pri0ityP>You should update your database with the latest
03:38<Pri0ityP>changes in the 'database' directory.
03:38<Pri0ityP>tried what it says in section 6 says ive done it already =/
03:38-!-yebyen [] has joined #mythtv
03:39<choenig>you did a 'mysql -u NAME -p mythconverg < database/cvs.sql' ?
03:39<Pri0ityP>`like the section says?
03:40<choenig>what mythtv are you running?
03:40<choenig>cvs or .10 ?
03:40<Pri0ityP><just learning very new =/
03:41<choenig>ok, then no cvs.sql, wait a second
03:42<Pri0ityP>mysql -u root < mc.sql
03:43<choenig>hmm, I'm somewhat confused
03:43<Pri0ityP><--- me 2! =}
03:44<choenig>oh, yes, mc.sql contains DB scheme ver 1002, so you should remove all your database and insert mc.sql
03:46<choenig>$ mysql -u root
03:46<choenig>mysql> drop database mythconverg;
03:46<choenig>mysql> quit
03:46<choenig>from the docs
03:47<Pri0ityP>it said see section 6
03:48<Pri0ityP>i didn that no now it should work?
03:48<choenig>now do the mysql -u root < mc.sql
03:48<choenig>and than it should work :)
03:49<Pri0ityP>now it tells me to run setup =}
03:50-!-yebyen_ [] has quit [Read error: 101 (Network is unreachable)]
03:52-!-Pri0ityP [] has quit ["Client Exiting"]
03:57-!-yebyen [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
04:00-!-poptix_ [] has joined #mythtv
04:01-!-poptix_ is now known as poptix
04:06-!-yebyen [] has joined #mythtv
04:43-!-choenig [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
04:50-!-choenig [] has joined #mythtv
04:54-!-yebyen [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
05:25-!-Thyndas [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
05:26-!-Thyndas [~conaz@] has joined #mythtv
05:32-!-Drikus_ [] has quit [Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer)]
05:36-!-Edgan [[] has joined #mythtv
05:37-!-yebyen [] has joined #mythtv
05:55<-- phar0e_has quit ()
06:36-!-bigguy_ [] has joined #mythtv
06:36-!-bigguy [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
07:23-!-radsaq [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
07:32-!-jkolb [] has joined #mythtv
07:49-!-_kch_ [] has quit ["Terminando cliente"]
08:27-!-Phreak_ [] has joined #mythtv
08:27-!-jkolb [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
08:30-!-Captain_Murdoch [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
08:30-!-Thyndas [] has quit [Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer)]
08:31-!-Thyndas [~conaz@] has joined #mythtv
08:32* KikoVis away: weekend
08:41<-- Phreak_( has left #mythtv
08:44-!-Phreak_ [] has joined #mythtv
08:44<Phreak_>Does the MythTV run good on a Epia-M10000-N board? Not going to use recording function
08:45<Phreak_>But how Is playback?
09:01<-- Thyndas(~conaz@ has left #mythtv
09:50-!-jkolb [] has joined #mythtv
10:03-!-Captain_Murdoch [] has joined #mythtv
10:15--> Peit|work( has joined #mythtv
10:19-!-hfb [] has joined #mythtv
10:30-!-bigguy_ is now known as bigguy
10:41-!-creepy [~lightning@] has joined #mythtv
11:07-!-dopez [] has joined #mythtv
11:10-!-ca1vin [] has quit [Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer)]
11:10<Captain_Murdoch>Chutt, if a recording can't be started because it's a backend is low on free space, should I just remove the recording or leave it in so it will start if enough space is freed?
11:15<Chutt>might as well leave it in
11:15<Chutt>it shouldn't get started once it's past the start time, then
11:17<creepy>do some extra info that it couldn't have been recorded maybe..
11:18<Captain_Murdoch>I thought recordings would start a recording even if it was 10 minutes past showtime
11:18<Captain_Murdoch>oops, changed thought mid-sentence
11:18<Chutt>captain_murdoch, only if they're newly scheduled
11:18<Captain_Murdoch>ah. ok.
11:23-!-schultmc [] has joined #mythtv
11:23<Captain_Murdoch>well I played with it a little this morning and came you with an enhancement to what we talked about last night. I took out the code I put in the other day that stops all new recordings if the master gets below a certain limit. I added in code that checks the encoder's free space before doing the encoder->startRecording(). that way other recordings can continue on other backends. the domulticard() should push things to other b
11:23<Captain_Murdoch>master fills up.
11:23<Captain_Murdoch>I need to go back to bed. either that or proofread my messages. I need a compiler to test for logic. :)
11:25<Captain_Murdoch>gotta head into the office in a few. I'll test it tonight and see if it works like I think it should.
11:28<Chutt>seems to be a problem with the unmute timeout stuff
11:28<Chutt>if you exit while it's muted
11:29<Chutt>no sound for you!
11:29<Captain_Murdoch>if you're in the EPG while watchign LiveTV and it needs to record something then you can't get to the dialog popup to tell it yes or no. had that happen to me the other day.
11:36<thor>Anyone else getting odd times from their irc client?
11:36<thor>or am I screwed up again?
11:36<Chutt>odd times?
11:36<thor>my system thinks it's 11:36
11:36<thor>irc client thinks it's 15:36
11:36<thor>hang on
11:36-!-thor [] has quit ["using sirc version 2.211+KSIRC/1.2.1"]
11:37-!-thor [~thor@] has joined #mythtv
11:37<thor>that's better
11:38-!-mecraw [~mecraw@] has joined #mythtv
11:39-!-mecraw [] has quit [Client Quit]
11:42-!-mecraw [~mecraw@] has joined #mythtv
11:52-!-Chutt [] has quit [Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer)]
11:52-!-Chutt [] has joined #mythtv
12:01-!-Drikus [] has joined #mythtv
12:19-!-moegreen [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
12:21<creepy>Chutt where can my problem be if mythtv cannot change channel?
12:22<creepy>it's just plain black
12:22<creepy>and I sometimes manage to get something green with "skip channel" or something
12:23<creepy>Channel: '' was not found in the database.
12:23<creepy>Most likely, the default channel set for this input
12:23<creepy>(3 Television )
12:23<creepy>in setup is wrong
12:23<creepy>wow...even if I have set up the db..
12:23<thor>xmltv in place?
12:23<thor>ran mythfilldatabase?
12:24<creepy>I had a channel listing file from someone who had it working (same country) since it was really no go here
12:24<thor>an sql dump?
12:25<creepy>now doing a mythfilldatabase --manual just for you :)
12:25<creepy>maybe it helps
12:25<thor>if you're xmltv is not working, mythfilldatabase is not likely to do anything too useful ...
12:25<creepy>xmltv is working
12:26<creepy>tested with other apps already
12:26<creepy>just to be sure
12:26<thor>so what's "since it was really no go here" mean?
12:26<creepy>I couldn't get it working here at all
12:26<thor>what is "it" ?
12:26<thor>not xmltv (that's working) ...
12:26<creepy>had always errors I couldn't see why they are there
12:27<creepy>xmltv is working
12:27<creepy>"it" is for mythtv
12:27<thor>ah, the big general "it"
12:27<creepy>Unknown xmltv channel identifier: 3SAT
12:27<creepy>Skipping channel.
12:27<thor>you know any SQL ?
12:27-!-Captain_Murdoch [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
12:27<creepy>mythfill... skips all my channels
12:27<creepy>I know a bit SQL
12:28<thor>try this:
12:28<creepy>but don't tell me I should fill it per hand:)
12:28<thor>mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg
12:28<thor>(enter mythtv as password)
12:28<Chutt>tv_grab_de is broken.
12:28<Chutt>it does not work properly.
12:28<thor>the voice of reason
12:28<Chutt>you can not use it with mythtv
12:28<creepy>and thus not watch TV?
12:28<creepy>or is there a solution
12:28<creepy>even .15 ?
12:29<creepy>I was talking to the xmltv man
12:29<Chutt>you need to have stuff in your database
12:29<creepy>a guy gave me an sql dump
12:29<creepy>that should work
12:29<creepy>but does not
12:29<Chutt>i doubt it
12:29<Chutt>why would that work?
12:29<creepy>same country
12:29<creepy>same provider
12:29<Chutt>what's that have to do with anything?
12:30<Chutt>you've got to get the rest of your database set up properly as well
12:30<Chutt>which you don't
12:30<creepy>I see
12:30<creepy>like what part ;)
12:30<Chutt>all of it.
12:30-!-ca1vin [] has joined #mythtv
12:30<creepy>I mean xmltv would fill in the listings right?
12:30-!-Captain_Murdoch [] has joined #mythtv
12:30<creepy>so much else needed?
12:30<Chutt>not if your database wasn't setup properly, no.
12:31<creepy>any workaround?
12:31<creepy>an older xmltv?
12:31<Chutt>fix it yourself.
12:31<Chutt>tv_grab_de has _always_ been broken.
12:32<creepy>ever tried to find a solution with xmltv devs?
12:33<Chutt>i don't care about anything but tv_grab_na
12:33<creepy>because that guy thinks it would be okay
12:33<Chutt>and no one in germany has bothered to send in a fix for tv_grab_de
12:33<creepy>I'm not capable for that
12:34<creepy>I reported a bug, that's all I could do
12:35<Chutt>don't expect it to get fixed
12:36<Chutt>there's an alternative german grabber somewhere
12:36<Chutt>that provides quite a bit more information than the existing tv_grab_de
12:37<vektor>nxtvepg I think.
12:37<Chutt>there's an actual other one
12:37<Chutt>aside from nxtvepg
12:37<creepy>that must be a long road to get the output converted and inserted into mythtv
12:38<Chutt>uh, no, not really
12:38<Chutt>nxtvepg outputs valid xmltv files
12:38<Chutt>which can be imported into mythtv easily.
12:39<creepy>any info how I could import that?
12:39<Chutt>the --file option to mythfilldatabase?
12:39<creepy>ok thanks
12:39<Chutt>until someone from germany actually contributes a fix, i really couldn't care less, though
12:40<creepy>fair enough
12:40<jkolb>Chutt: A while back, I posted a patch to have 'mythfilldatabase --file -' read from stdin. Any particular reason you didn't like that?
12:41<Chutt>i didn't see it
12:42<Chutt>how far back?
12:42<jkolb>Damn. That machine is still down.
12:42<jkolb>Um, weeks, maybe?
12:43<Chutt>i'll get that applied
12:43<jkolb>I'm not positive it will still apply cleanly, but my myth box is still donating its power cord until I get home tonight, so I'm not sure.
12:44<Chutt>doesn't matter
12:49<creepy>Chutt can you remember which alternative was the one for xmltv you meant?
12:53-!-bline [] has joined #mythtv
13:01<-- Peit|workhas quit ("Client Exiting")
13:12-!-Captain_Murdoch [] has quit ["X-Chat!"]
13:17-!-Captain_Murdoch [] has joined #mythtv
13:18<jkolb>thor: How does the smart shuffle stuff work, anyway? I've never tried it.
13:18<thor>computes a score based on last play, user rating, times played, and randomness
13:18<thor>then orders according to that score
13:19<thor>good way to hear something in your collection you forgot you have is to set Smart Shuffle then hit Space/Enter on All My Music, then page down a bit
13:21<jkolb>Is there a page down key in the playlist? PgDn is next track, right?
13:21<jkolb>(I haven't even loaded mythmusic in a while)
13:23<jkolb>I mean is there a way to scroll down a page at a time? This is in keys.txt, isn't it?
13:24<thor>ah, no
13:24<thor>PgDn jumps to "next" track, where "next" depends on a lot of things
13:33<jkolb>Oh, yeah, also, something that's been sorta bugging me for a while, but I always forget about it. MythMusic seems to insert an empty node at the top of my tree. I don't have any audio files in my starting dir, but the way it generated the tree still doesn't seem right. It generates a tree like { root } => { } => { albums, ocrmirror, songs }
13:34-!-figgy [] has joined #mythtv
13:34<jkolb>I'll look into it once it bothers me enough, but I just thought I'd let you know it's there.
13:35<thor>is there a "All My Playlists" and "All My Music" as nodes below root?
13:35<-- Peit|Homehas quit ("Client Exiting")
13:35<jkolb>Oh, yeah. That's under "All My Music"
13:36<jkolb>Er, root == All My Music
13:36<thor>ok, All My Music, then something "empty" no string, then nodes below that ... do I have that right?
13:37<thor>mp3's with IGNORE_ID3 set?
13:37<jkolb>The only mp3s I have are in the songs tree.
13:38<jkolb>There are no audio files in the starting dir for mythmusic.
13:38<jkolb>I think that's what's causing this.
13:39<thor>the directory structure doesn't matter at all (well ... shouldn't) if you've got tagged ogg's/flac
13:39<thor>empty GENRE tags?
13:39<thor>with GENRE in you settings?
13:40<jkolb>I think my settings is set to directory.
13:40<jkolb>No music files appear in the unnames node, either.
13:41<thor>you have oggs in there ?
13:41<jkolb>Everything under Albums/ is ogg.
13:41<thor>setting sorting to directory only works with mp3s
13:42<jkolb>Why's that?
13:42<thor>well ... first version (Chutt wrote) was ... your tags should be correct, so I'll assume they are
13:42<thor>next versions ... I never changed that
13:42<thor>at some point ...
13:43<thor>someone wrote a patch to do the directory stuff
13:43<thor>but only made it work with mp3's
13:43<thor>I should get around to fixing it at some point
13:43<thor>but fixing code that other people patched without thinking beyond their own needs miffs me a bit
13:44<jkolb>I'll look at it.
13:44<jkolb>I'll fix it to meet his needs and mine, and I'll not look beyond the two of us.
13:45<thor>well ... some non-tagged flac type will show up at some point =)
13:45<jkolb>I'll see what I can do to make those break.
13:46<thor>one word of warning .... every time you touch the mythmusic source code, goom starts segfaulting
13:46-!-fignuts [] has joined #mythtv
13:46<jkolb>You wouldn't notice a patch that contained 'if (flac) *NULL = 0xdeadbeef;' would you?
13:46<thor>not if you catch me late enough at night
13:47<jkolb>What timezone are you in again?
13:47<jkolb>Same here. I'll have to set an atjob to catch you late enough.
13:47<thor>you may want to patch your diff command to check the system clock
13:48-!-figgy [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
13:49-!-fignuts is now known as figgy
13:57-!-yebv6 [] has quit []
13:57-!-yebv6 [yebyen@3ffe:bc0:b9:1:202:2dff:fe7c:4703] has joined #mythtv
14:12-!-joecap [] has joined #mythtv
14:13<thor>joecap, you sure it's a recent version of mythmusic that isn't drawing Please Wait...
14:14<joecap>thor, it *is* drawing it... if I run in a VNC session
14:14<joecap>definitely CVS from Wednesday
14:14<joecap>it's been doing this ever since the new mythmusic UI went in, actually
14:15<thor>hmmm .....
14:15<thor>you have huge collection of *playlists*
14:15<joecap>No, just one *huge* playlist
14:15<thor>that would explain it
14:15<thor>don't do that =)
14:16<joecap>thor, but why does it draw fine in a VNC session?
14:16<thor>just a timing thing
14:16<thor>VNC takes a little longer
14:16<thor>so the loading gets through another loop or two
14:17<joecap>would it make sense to put a small delay in?
14:17<joecap>maybe something that only gets done the first time thru the loop?
14:18<thor>hang on ... let me look at something
14:19<thor>I can fix this
14:20<thor>I need to keep that Please Wait up until the playlist tree is actually written (not just until playlist is loaded from the database)
14:20<thor>gimme half an hour
14:20<Chutt>no! dvd stuff =)
14:21<joecap>excellent... my wife gets impatient and starts pressing buttons repeatedly if she thinks something didn't respond...
14:22<joecap>speaking of the dvd stuff...
14:22<joecap>I want to make it so the the CD-ripper is somewhat persistent, like what you're doing for the DVD module.
14:23<joecap>Basically, I thought I'd make the CD-ripper window persistent, in that it won't get destroyed when mythmusic is exited
14:23<joecap>It would only get created if it didn't exist, otherwise it gets popped to the front
14:23<Chutt>not the way to go about doing it
14:24<joecap>OK, I thought I'd ask. What's the party line on persistence, then?
14:24<Chutt>the ui should only be reporting status
14:24<Chutt>so it shouldn't matter if it goes away or not
14:24<thor>Chutt, dvd stuff is coming
14:24<thor>you can play
14:25<thor>and almost "transcode" a lossless (copy over a VOB)
14:25<Chutt>all i want is lossless, so =)
14:25<thor>via the mtd
14:25<thor>but it's a hell of a lot of stuff
14:26<thor>GUI, sockets, atd server, frontend connections ....
14:26<thor>tons of framework to get to the point where I can write code
14:26<thor>but it is coming
14:26<joecap>thor, if I might ask, how is your DVD gui getting status information from the dvd transcoding thread?
14:27<thor>I'm writing a myth transcoding daemon
14:27<thor>which talks on a socket
14:28<joecap>hmm, would it make sense (eventually) to incorporate cd-ripping into the transcoding daemon?
14:29<joecap>OK, so maybe I'll hold off on looking at the CD-ripper gui until the transcode daemon is more mature
14:29<thor>do cd burning
14:29<thor>everyone wants it
14:30<jkolb>I don't!
14:33<joecap>chutt, I've been thinking about ui persistence...
14:33<joecap>what would happen if the different screens in Myth were created only once, then just popped to the front when requested?
14:34<Chutt>why, though?
14:34<Chutt>it'd increase ram usage quite a bit
14:34<joecap>I'm thinking along the lines of mythmusic playback, for one... it'd be nice not to have to stop the music to do some tv-menu stuff
14:34<joecap>yeah, I worry about the ram usage though... how bad d'you think it'd be?
14:36<joecap>I've been wanting to test it out with mythmusic in my local tree and get some resource usage statistics on it...
14:36<joecap>...just don't know when I'll get the time
14:38* figgyis away: I'm busy
14:44-!-_keturn [] has joined #mythtv
14:45-!-Captain_Murdoch [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
14:49-!-__keturn [] has joined #mythtv
14:50-!-Captain_Murdoch [] has joined #mythtv
15:00-!-keturn [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
15:07-!-_keturn [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
15:22<thor>joecap, should be fixed
15:24<joecap>cool, I'll give it a try... got to wait 'till I get home, though
15:26<joecap>thor, I've got another mythmusic issue...
15:26<joecap>I think I can handle this one, just wanted to give you a 'heads up'
15:26<thor>cd burning not done yet?
15:26<thor>anyway ... what is it?
15:27<joecap>seems that the cd ripper doesn't save the tracknum to the database... they're all '0'
15:27<joecap>Also, I made the album & artists fields writeable in the cd ripper gui
15:28<thor>tracknum definitely works here
15:28<joecap>I had a CD that wasn't in freedb, and it wouldn't let me type the artist/album info
15:28<thor>even skips them if they are not music tracks
15:28<thor>but keeps the numbers correct
15:29<joecap>hmm, I ripped 3 cds last week and they all got saved with '0' tracknum fields
15:29<joecap>they show up right in the ripper gui, though
15:29<thor>all three were in freedb?
15:30<thor>I have no idea what happens if they aren't
15:30<joecap>well, 2 were, 1 I entered manually (after patching the fields so I could type)
15:30<-- jkolbhas quit ()
15:30<joecap>I looked at the code and it didn't look like tracknum was included in the INSERT query... I'll double check
15:31<joecap>that would be in cdrip.cpp, right?
15:31<thor>metadata is held in cddecoder I think
15:34<joecap>Ah, I think I know what it is... I have 'Ignore ID3 tags' on
15:34<joecap>all of my mp3s have filenames of the format <tracknum>-<title>.mp3
15:35<joecap>...but the Mythmusic ripper doesn't put the tracknum in the filename
15:35<joecap> when the database is re-scanned, it can't get the tracknum
15:37<joecap>thor, would you mind if I changed the ripper to name files <tracknum>-<title> ?
15:37<thor>you can do anything you want to Ignore ID3 stuff
15:37<thor>anyone making that work is most welcome
15:37<Chutt>i would mind if you changed the file format
15:37<thor>(it's someone else's code)
15:38<Chutt>but you could make it configurable, and i wouldn't mind
15:38<joecap>chutt, OK, will do.
15:40<joecap>I'll leave the default at its current format, and add a few other choices
15:47-!-creepy [] has quit ["gone.."]
15:52-!-sfr [] has joined #mythtv
15:53<Captain_Murdoch>cool, got that freespace code working. had 2 recordings that were scheduled at the same time one with 0 rating and one with -3. -3 show got scheduled on my first backend and 0 show got scheduled on the 2nd. after eating up a bunch of free space on the 2nd backend to get below the limit and then making the scheduler recompute, the -3 show is now marked as not being recorded and the 0 show moved over to the first backend since i
15:54<Captain_Murdoch>free up some space, make the scheduler recompute and now it's back set to record both again.
15:55* Chuttrips out the crappy not-enabled deinterlacing crap
15:55<Chutt>there's some junk to deinterlace before encoding that never got finished
15:55<Chutt>guy sent in patches for a couple days, then disappeared
15:56<Chutt>never worked very well
15:56<Captain_Murdoch>oh, that stuff. :) woke me up for a minute there cause my frontend can't deinterlace.
15:56<Chutt>i need to make it wipe the in-progress seektable if it's restarting the recording
15:57<Chutt>causing problems here =)
15:58<joecap>Forgive me for being an IRC n00b, but how do you send one of those 'special action' messages (as in : Chutt rips out the crappy not-enabled deinterlacing crap)
15:58<Chutt>'/me blah blah blah'
15:58<joecap>OK, thanks
15:59* joecapthanks chutt :-)
15:59-!-joecap [] has quit ["using sirc version 2.211+KSIRC/1.2.4"]
16:10<Captain_Murdoch>does the problem with ghosting in ivtv still exist if yu're not using max resolution?
16:11<Captain_Murdoch>must be an old copy I have then. I thought I resynced with cvs recently.
16:11<Chutt>> 500 lines removed
16:13<Captain_Murdoch>do you want to take a final look at this freespace patch before I submit?
16:13<Chutt>sure, if you don't mind
16:15<Captain_Murdoch>I don't want to hose the scheduler. :) looks like it's working to me but want a 2nd set of eyes.
16:17<Captain_Murdoch>this takes back out the freespace stuff I put in earlier this week to stop the scheduler if master backend freespace drops.
16:17* figgyis back (gone 01:38:26)
16:28-!-jkolb [] has joined #mythtv
16:32<Captain_Murdoch>Chutt: did you get that email or are you rolling on the floor lauging? :)
16:33<Chutt>i have not gotten the email
16:34<Captain_Murdoch>weird. left my system 20 minutes ago.
16:35<Chutt>i don't have it, and it's not in the spam folder at speakeasy
16:36<Captain_Murdoch>want me to try resending?
16:36-!-choenig [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
16:37<Chutt>got it this time
16:38<Captain_Murdoch> is eating it somewhere.
16:39<Chutt>i think you're doing the test too early, at the end there
16:40<Chutt>shouldn't it be after the
16:40<Chutt>if (secsleft - prerollseconds > 35)
16:42-!-yebv6 [] has quit []
16:43-!-yebv6 [yebyen@3ffe:bc0:b9:1:202:2dff:fe7c:4703] has joined #mythtv
16:43<Captain_Murdoch>right. wasn't thinking of the preroll. so don't check until the last second. right before the secsleft <= -2
16:43<Captain_Murdoch>or before the > 2
16:43<Chutt>check right after the > 35
16:43<Chutt>should be close enough, then
16:44<Captain_Murdoch>ok, so it doesn't waste time checking if it's not close to being recorded.
16:44<Captain_Murdoch>ok, moving it down below the 35 check
16:45<Chutt>does that do anything at all?
16:45<Captain_Murdoch>are there any negative effects if I take out that "RemoveRecording(nextRecording);" line
16:45<Chutt>nm, that's the single backend case
16:45<Chutt>yes, there would be
16:46<Captain_Murdoch>ok, so leave it in. that's what I was wondering about last night when i was asking about deleting the record. I probably didn't explain well enough.
16:46<Chutt>it wouldn't ever process other to-be-recorded things
16:48<Captain_Murdoch>so if no free space it removes that item from the list and goes onto the next item (really starts over since it resets the iterator)
16:52<Phreak_>Does mythtv use XMLTV?
16:52<figgy>yes it does
16:53<Captain_Murdoch>so other than that it looks ok. I'm gonna test that part again.
16:55<hfb>figgy: But for freevo xmltv is not a requirement is it? I don't remember.
16:56<figgy>no, its not
16:56<figgy>only if you want the tv schedule
16:56<hfb>figgy: Damn, I posted in the wrong channel. :)
17:01<Chutt>xmltv's not a requirement for mythtv if you don't want to use tv stuff.
17:02-!-choenig [] has joined #mythtv
17:03<Captain_Murdoch>freespace thing worked. suppressed recording instead of starting it because of low diskspace on the master. found that I should be checking if (recording && nexttv->isLowOnFreeSpace()) though. :)
17:03<Captain_Murdoch>no big deal, just printed out extra messages to the console.
17:04<Captain_Murdoch>I wonder if I should refresh the freespace cache for an encoder before I check that. that way it would know right up to the second if there was enough free space rather than starting to record since free space hadn't been checked in 2 hours but was now too low.
17:05<Captain_Murdoch>probably not a big issue.
17:05<Chutt>doesn't really matter
17:05<Captain_Murdoch>I sheduled a recording then went in and used up a bunch of disk space then 30 seconds later the recording started even through it was now below the limit.
17:06<Captain_Murdoch>that was another test I did. I'll leave that out. no way to be totally idiotproof.
17:07<Captain_Murdoch>and if the code detects that the slave is using shared storage with the master (ie, totalspace returns a 0) then the cache function checks local space free.
17:09<Captain_Murdoch>now I can put my pvr-250 back in my main frontend since it had dma problems using the 250 to record and saving over the onboard ethernet but was fine using the local hard drive.
17:16-!-lmatter [] has joined #mythtv
17:23-!-sfr [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
17:27-!-figgy [] has quit ["Client Exiting"]
17:28<Chutt>i finally got your first patch
17:32<Captain_Murdoch>80 minutes later. :)
17:32<Captain_Murdoch>I committed the modified version a little while ago.
17:35-!-radsaq [] has joined #mythtv
17:35<thor>Does anyone understand what Kenneth Aafløy is asking for?
17:43<Captain_Murdoch>are dvd.png, watch_dvd.png, and rip_dvd.png supposed to be in cvs?
17:43<thor>why, problems ?
17:43<Captain_Murdoch>nah, just warnings from the menu that they don't exist.
17:43<thor>soon ...
17:43<Captain_Murdoch>Error loading image file: /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/default/dvd.png
17:44<Captain_Murdoch>yeah, I knew you were working on it, just wasn't sure if you had meant to put the images in yet.
17:45<thor>I should actually put them in .... I think ... otherwise anyone who doesn't install mythDVD is going to keep getting those error messages ... that right Chutt ?
17:59-!-creepy [~lightning@] has joined #mythtv
18:00<Scrye>can one catpure from svideo and cable at the same time?
18:01<Captain_Murdoch>not on the same card
18:01-!-yebv6 [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
18:02<Scrye>time to get another card
18:08-!-bline [] has quit [Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer)]
18:10-!-Captain_Murdoch [] has quit ["X-Chat!"]
18:17-!-Captain_Murdoch [] has joined #mythtv
18:19-!-bline [] has joined #mythtv
18:21-!-Captain_Murdoch [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
18:26-!-creepy [] has quit ["gone.."]
18:31-!-Ripp [~chris@] has joined #mythtv
18:37-!-Captain_Murdoch [] has joined #mythtv
18:38-!-ahbritto [] has joined #mythtv
18:47-!-sc00p [] has joined #mythtv
18:53<bline>what is this about zap2it requiring registration?
18:54<Chutt>the people are idiots
18:54<bline>yeah, I just looked and I can see a week ahead
18:54<Chutt>it's the normal 'but i ran it again and it only grabbed one day!' crap
18:55<ahbritto>I noticed a station was wrong for the night, but right on zapit. So I ran mythfilldatabase, it only grabed one day- today.
18:55<ahbritto>Yesterday, that is.
18:55<Chutt>it downloads whatever 'tomorrow' is
18:56<Chutt>then fills in any missing data for today through 8 days from now
18:56<Chutt>whenever it's run
18:56<ahbritto>What can be done about catching "todays" updates?
18:56<Chutt>it grabs them because it's only meant to be run once a day
18:57<ahbritto>Maybe a force get all days flags?
18:57<Chutt>and you want to be able to get any scheduling changes
18:57<Chutt>delete from program;
19:01-!-Drikus [] has quit ["toedeledoki"]
19:06-!-ahbritto [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
19:08<Chutt>captain_murdoch, next, you need to figure out how to assign default profiles to capture cards =)
19:10<Chutt>well, the ui for it, really
19:14<Chutt>thinking about that..
19:15<Chutt>how's per-recording profiles going to work properly?
19:15-!-schultmc [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
19:15<Chutt>since if the user selects a different profile that doesn't work on the card it decides to record on
19:17<mikegrb>Chutt: are you only using PVR-250s?
19:17<Chutt>pretty much
19:17<Chutt>i've got a wintv-radio in this machine, but i don't even have it setup anymore
19:17<mikegrb>Chutt: do you want a TV Wonder VE in a month or so?
19:17<Chutt>i've got a tv wonder ve sitting in my box'o'parts
19:18<mikegrb>okay then
19:18<Chutt>thanks, though
19:18<Chutt>i think the best thing to do would be to move to have a high, medium, low quality level set
19:19<mikegrb>no problem, moving out of country so can't use the NTSC card, figured you were the most deserving ;)
19:19<mikegrb>that might be better as mythtv becomes more mainstream
19:19<Chutt>still be able to set up all the options, but
19:20<Chutt>i can't see how to deal with profiles in a mixed capture card environment
19:20<Chutt>any other way
19:20<mikegrb>have defaults for those levels and allow users to change what those profiles are
19:21<Chutt>then they'd just select 'low', and it'd choose the analog or pvr-250 profile depending on where it got scheduled
19:21<Chutt>or the hardware mjpeg profile
19:21<thor>Chutt, those that can mess with the DB directly are welcome to
19:21<thor>that's what I'm doing for DVD transcoding
19:22<thor>on the ripping screen, you get low medium high perfect
19:22<thor>plus a few audio channel options
19:22<Chutt>as long as perfect's there, i'm happy
19:22<thor>people will complain about my arbitrary choices
19:23<thor>but they can change 'em in the database
19:23<mikegrb>people will complain about anything
19:23<Chutt>i've been surprised that not too many people complain about me calling ogg -q 4 'low quality'
19:23<Chutt>for mythmusic
19:23<thor>yeah ... I suspect that almost no-one has ever used low
19:24<Chutt>or -q 7 for medium
19:24<thor>btw, was putting those png's in /themes/blue anything close to correct?
19:24<Chutt>as that's like ~ 240kbps
19:24<Chutt>they're for the blue theme, right?
19:24<thor>yeah ... err ... or ... default
19:24<Chutt>where do they show up?
19:25<thor>yeah, main menu
19:25<Chutt>yeah, then they're part of the 'blue' theme
19:25<Chutt>they're just button type images, right?
19:25<Chutt>so, yup, you did that right =)
19:26<Chutt>and, btw, i'm quite willing to test anything you've got going on the dvd stuff
19:26<thor>unfortunately, I've got a dinner engagement ...
19:26<Chutt>oh, whenever =)
19:26<Chutt>i have to go mow the lawn
19:26<thor>I could send you a tarball
19:26<thor>but it don't do much
19:26<Chutt>and do other stuff in the big room with the blue ceiling
19:26<Chutt>sure, if you'd like, i'm curious
19:27<Chutt>i'm procrastinating starting on the image cache
19:27<thor>you could at least fix my stupidity with conditionally building the mtd
19:27<Chutt>or the osd menu
19:27<thor>hang on
19:27<Chutt>anything else is welcome =)
19:27<Chutt>i should do at least the image cache this weekend
19:28<Chutt>just to speed up the UI for everyone that doesn't run at 800x600
19:28<Chutt>ie, my TV box
19:28<thor>ie, my TV box
19:28<Chutt>it's running at 640x480
19:28<thor>me 2
19:29<mikegrb>Chutt: a c application should or should not be able to be linked against a C++ library?
19:29* thorrips some stuff out to build a tarball that will compile
19:29<Chutt>a c app can't directly link to a c++ library
19:29<mikegrb>hmm okay
19:29<Chutt>needs a c wrapper
19:29<Chutt>since the c++ stuff is mangled, and the calling conventions are different
19:30<Chutt>not that writing c wrappers for c++ libraries is anything difficult, of course
19:30<Chutt>utterly mindless code, takes no time at all
19:30<vektor>it's kinda fun
19:30<mikegrb>I was thinking it would be nice to compile tvtime against myth libraries since all the osd stuff is there then tvtime could use those stuffs
19:30<mikegrb>make since?
19:30<vektor>nothing makes since
19:30<Chutt>tvtime's got good osd stuff
19:31<vektor>Chutt: isn't your osd done using Qt anyway ?
19:31<Chutt>and it's not compatible, since it's in a different colorspace
19:31<mikegrb>Yes I know, I like the show name and stuff and the browse with
19:31<vektor>how is it done then?
19:31<Chutt>the osd's all internal
19:31<mikegrb>O type stuff
19:31<vektor>Chutt: i never could figure that out with your code.
19:31<vektor>not that i've ever seen your osd.
19:31<thor>Chutt, you've got code
19:32<thor>not that you cannot even rip perfect with what I sent you
19:32<vektor>i've made some improvements in my osd objects lately
19:33<vektor>some people wanted to do an OSD for tvtime simply using png files and mouse events over stdin/stdout
19:33<vektor>i'm considering supporting that
19:33<vektor>Chutt: how is your osd constructed?
19:33<vektor>like what are your primitives?
19:33* vektorcvs updates
19:34<Chutt>thor, like i said, i'm just curious
19:34<Chutt>vektor, just an image class, a text class, then a couple minor drawing ones.. darken a rectangle, or draw a white rectangle
19:35<vektor>ok, so basically exactly what i have.
19:35<vektor>oh, except i have animations now too :)
19:36<Chutt>i didn't bother cropping that to just the viewing window
19:36<Chutt>and it's an overcompressed jpg
19:38<Chutt>heh, you have a menu supertype?
19:38<Chutt>i need to write one
19:39<vektor>i kinda do
19:39<vektor>it's just a nice list with a hilighted element
19:39<Chutt>i've got a dialog with like 3 or 4 selections
19:40<Chutt>but i want a full menu
19:40<vektor>i think my menu system i'll build entirely out of the list
19:40<Chutt>mostly the same code
19:40<vektor>and maybe left/right icons and stuff
19:40<vektor>but i dunno yet
19:40<vektor>been having a lot of fun anyway
19:40<Chutt>like that
19:40<vektor>ah, neat
19:41<Chutt>it'll either do a white box, or an image
19:41<vektor>so how do you code the text and stuff for the osd, it's not hardcoded, is it?
19:41<Chutt>depending on the theme designer
19:41<Chutt>everything's in an xml file
19:41-!-jkolb [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
19:41-!-mecraw [] has quit ["Trillian ("]
19:41<Chutt>using xml for what it's good for =)
19:42<vektor>like the bridge between useful scripting and themable software is difficult
19:42<vektor>because i want to separate the menu structure and text and stuff from the app, but at the same time, the app needs to know what's being presented to the user
19:42<Chutt>doh, i need to get working on the lawn
19:42<vektor>i need to go see a movie about gay pirates
19:42<thor>buy a goat?
19:55-!-lmatter [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
20:03-!-hfb [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
20:51-!-sc00p [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
20:51-!-sc00p [] has joined #mythtv
20:58<-- Phreak_( has left #mythtv
21:21-!-__keturn [] has quit []
21:21-!-yebyen [] has quit []
21:21-!-just1nux [] has quit []
21:22-!-__keturn [] has joined #mythtv
21:22-!-yebyen [] has joined #mythtv
21:22-!-just1nux [] has joined #mythtv
21:23-!-choenig [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
21:27-!-just1nux [] has quit []
21:27-!-__keturn [] has quit []
21:27-!-yebyen [] has quit []
21:29-!-__keturn [] has joined #mythtv
21:29-!-yebyen [] has joined #mythtv
21:29-!-just1nux [] has joined #mythtv
21:43<Chutt>what a dumbass.
21:50<Chutt>some guy broke his checkout of cvs and asked me to revert some changes
21:52<tdb30_>he updated from cvs and broke it and wanted you to fix it on hiscomputer?
21:52<Chutt>it looks like he doesn't have a complete update
21:52<Chutt>or something
22:01<Chutt>where to stick the image cache
22:15-!-mikegrb_ [] has joined #mythtv
22:23-!-mikegrb [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
22:24<tdb30_>so what piece of code are you working on now?
22:25<Chutt>an image cache for all the theme images
22:26<Chutt>so it can resize em once, and not have to do it again
22:26<Chutt>should speed things up considerably for running at resolutions other than 800x600
22:41-!-mikegrb_ [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
22:43-!-mikegrb [] has joined #mythtv
22:44<tdb30_>humm looks like I may be on the right track with my stability problems with mythtv (still to early to tell for sure) but it looks like it could be dma related on the hard drive. I turned dma off and it hasn't had any problems yet. (though playback and recording are choppy)
22:45<Chutt>since it can't read/write fast enough to the drives
22:45<Chutt>check to see if things are sharing irq's too much
22:45<tdb30_>yeah throughput is around 4M
22:46<tdb30_>yeah they are but I don't know how to seperate them.
22:46<tdb30_>pretty much every card is on the same irq ;)
23:18<Captain_Murdoch>Chutt: on the profile stuff, could have a generic/default high-medium-low set then allow card or host specific high-medium-low sets. that way high res on a pvr-250 can be 640x480 but on another slow system with software encoding high res could mean 480x480.
23:21<Chutt>that's what i was thinking
23:26<Captain_Murdoch>have to think about the UI for that.
23:28<Chutt>and the db changes for it
23:40<thor>Chutt, isn't db just single table with column for "class" (bttv, hw jpeg, pvr) and 3 rows x 3 settings low-medium-high x 3 classes?
23:40<Chutt>i guess
23:40<Chutt>haven't thought 'bout it
23:41<thor>select blah from qualitysettings where level = high and class = pvr ?
23:41<Chutt>you'd want host-specific ones as well
23:43<thor>Kenneth Aafløy <>
23:43<thor>is starting to bother me
23:43<Chutt>i guarantee you that his mysterious segfault in the Xv stuff is due to memory corruption
23:44<thor>he sent a series of complaints about focus in mythmusic earlier today
23:44<thor>I still have no idea what he meant
23:44<Chutt>same here
23:45<Chutt>keep images cached in ram, or not
23:45-!-dopez [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
23:46<thor>sure ...
23:46<thor>why not?
23:46<thor>you're moving video around
23:46<thor>what's a few pixmaps =)
23:46<Chutt>extra ram
23:47<thor>sounds a bit messy on the access
23:47<Chutt>video's relatively tiny
23:47<Chutt>caching it?
23:47<Chutt>it's actually only a couple more lines of code
23:48<thor>in xmlparsing ?
23:48<Chutt>5, in fact
23:48<Chutt>no, in gContext->LoadScalePixmap()
23:48<Chutt>and one other place to clear it on theme/res change
23:48<thor>ah ... but what about all the ones that come in xmlparse.cpp ?
23:49<Chutt>most of em use loadscalepixmap
23:49<thor>oh ...
23:49<Chutt>UITypeImage didn't, but i just fixed that
23:49<Chutt>and there were two things in the UITypeGuide that didn't
23:50<thor>funny how I worked on a bunch of that but can't really remember it ... was all just cutting and pasting moegreen's code
23:50<Chutt>yeah =)
23:50<thor>really awful ...
23:51<thor>could use some inheritance and re-use there ... one of those vague todo things
23:51<Chutt>not a high priority
23:51<thor>you get a chance to look at my meager DVD stuff
23:51<Chutt>yeah, a little bit
23:51<Chutt>not much there yet =)
23:51<thor>a little bit would be all it takes
23:52<Chutt>blah, recompiling globalsettings.cpp
23:52<thor>how do I make building mtd conditional on ./configure ?
23:53<thor>can I put an if in the toplevel .pro ?
23:53<thor>(I really have to RTFM on qmake sometime)
23:53<Chutt>i think so
23:53<thor>all right ... never mind
23:53<Chutt>check out libs/libavcodec/
23:53<thor>k, thanks
23:54<Chutt>there's some stuff in there to do conditional compilation based off of the top level config.mak
23:55<thor>Do you know if you can telnet into a QServerSocket and interact from a telnet prompt?
23:55<thor>that had me hung up a bit just before I sent you that tarball
23:55<Chutt>i don't see why not
23:56<thor>hmmm .... was reporting number of bytes I sent, but never printing them out. Never mind, I'm sure I was doing something stupid.