Back to Home / #mythtv / 2003 / 12 / Prev Day | Next Day
#mythtv IRC Logs for 2003-12-02

---Logopened Tue Dec 02 00:00:44 2003
00:06-!-latetalk [] has joined #mythtv
00:19-!-dwmurphy [DavidMurph@] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
00:25-!-hadees [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
00:27-!-hfb [] has joined #mythtv
00:28-!-latetalk [] has quit ["Client Exiting"]
00:41<Chutt>kvandivo, you here?
00:43-!-Gendal [] has joined #mythtv
---Logclosed Tue Dec 02 00:45:14 2003
---Logopened Tue Dec 02 00:45:19 2003
00:45-!-mikegrb [] has joined #mythtv
00:45-!-Irssi: #mythtv: Total of 50 nicks [0 ops, 0 halfops, 0 voices, 50 normal]
00:45-!-moegreen [] has joined #mythtv
00:45-!-Octane [] has joined #mythtv
00:45-!-Chutt [] has joined #mythtv
00:45-!-[M-M] [] has joined #mythtv
00:45-!-paulproteus [] has joined #mythtv
00:45-!-isaac_ [~isaac@] has joined #mythtv
00:45-!-schwin97 [] has joined #mythtv
00:45-!-Irssi: Join to #mythtv was synced in 30 secs
00:53-!-Netsplit <-> quits: lichen, dja, ChaosExiguum, linagee_laptop, Lenolium, wu-wei, Sembiance, Ndiin, bitbyte
00:53-!-Netsplit over, joins: lichen
00:53-!-Netsplit over, joins: Ndiin
00:53-!-Netsplit over, joins: Sembiance
00:53-!-Netsplit over, joins: Lenolium
00:53-!-Netsplit over, joins: bitbyte
00:53-!-Netsplit over, joins: ChaosExiguum
00:53-!-Netsplit over, joins: wu-wei
00:53-!-Netsplit over, joins: linagee_laptop
01:10-!-latetalk [] has joined #mythtv
01:17<Octane>someone here using ivtv 031125A with myth .12?
01:30-!-Netsplit <-> quits: Chutt, ChaosExiguum, Lenolium, Ndiin, Sembiance
01:30-!-Netsplit <-> quits: Octane, moegreen, knight-, Cloak, bishop, o_c, thor_, sc00p__, Justin_, StuartL
01:30-!-Netsplit over, joins: Cloak
01:30-!-Ndiin [ruler@] has joined #mythtv
01:30-!-moegreen [~jdanner@] has joined #mythtv
01:30-!-Octane [octane@] has joined #mythtv
01:30-!-Sembiance [sembiance@] has joined #mythtv
01:30-!-o_c [o_cee@] has joined #mythtv
01:30-!-Justin_ [~justin@] has joined #mythtv
01:30-!-Netsplit over, joins: StuartL, thor_
01:30-!-Netsplit over, joins: Lenolium
01:30-!-Netsplit over, joins: sc00p__
01:30-!-Chutt [~ijr@] has joined #mythtv
01:30-!-Netsplit over, joins: ChaosExiguum
01:30-!-bishop [~bishop@] has joined #mythtv
01:39-!-Gendal [] has joined #mythtv
01:43-!-Netsplit <-> quits: Gendal
01:43-!-Netsplit over, joins: Gendal
01:43-!-billytwowilly [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
01:44-!-tmk [] has quit []
01:49-!-marc__ [~Marc@] has joined #mythtv
02:04-!-CyberKnet [] has quit ["Dedicated to all I ever was, and what I never will be..."]
02:04-!-CyberKnet [] has joined #mythtv
02:06-!-CyberKnet [] has quit [Client Quit]
02:06-!-CyberKnet [] has joined #mythtv
02:06-!-CyberKnet [] has quit [Client Quit]
02:06-!-CyberKnet [] has joined #mythtv
02:08-!-o_c [o_cee@] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
02:19-!-sfr [] has joined #mythtv
02:27-!-GreyFoxx_ [] has joined #mythtv
02:28-!-GreyFoxx [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
02:43-!-astahasd [] has joined #mythtv
02:44<astahasd>anyone out there?
02:45<astahasd>kinda desolate here
02:47-!-_kch_ [] has joined #mythtv
03:05-!-astahasd [] has quit ["Leaving"]
03:13-!-sfr [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
03:25-!-o_cee [] has joined #mythtv
03:32<o_cee>hi Chutt
03:33<o_cee>i added more stuff to the status page.. you can now see how many days/hours/minutes it is until the recording starts :)
03:35-!-o_cee [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
03:35-!-o_c [] has joined #mythtv
03:36-!-o_c is now known as o_cee
03:41<o_cee>testing it now.. it should say something nice when there's <1 minute left...
03:44<o_cee>and i also found out that IE doesn't like the status page popups.. but that's because its filled with bugs and doesn't follow the CSS guidelines.. should i care to try to fix it?
03:47<Chutt>looks nice
03:47<Chutt>if you want to fix it, sure, fix it :p
03:48<o_cee>allright, i'll give it a try.. i think it's because it doesn't understand :hover on anything else than links
03:49<FryGuy>does anyone know what's wrong with this? update program set subtitle = left(description, 128) where title = 'the screen savers' and description != ''
03:49<FryGuy>says: #1062 - Duplicate entry '2354-20031202004912' for key 1
03:49<FryGuy>i'm not changing the index fields t hough :/
03:49<o_cee>no clue
03:50<FryGuy>are you talking about mythweb o_cee?
03:50<o_cee>FryGuy: nope
03:50<Chutt>fryguy, you need to set the starttime whenever you update something in there
03:51<FryGuy>starttime = starttime?
03:51<FryGuy>that's about the stupidest thing i've ever heard
03:51<FryGuy>it works though
03:52<FryGuy>has anyone else fixed the infinite loop when it fails to open /dev/video?
03:53<Chutt>what's there to fix?
03:53<Chutt>it prints an error message, that's plenty.
03:53<FryGuy>graceful exiting
03:54<Chutt>i really don't care about error cases like that.
03:54<FryGuy>my patch works for me, i'm just wondering if anyone else had the problem
03:54<FryGuy>and fixed it, so I can decide to fix it properly
03:58<Chutt>general rule of thumb is that if there's not a fix in cvs, no one's bothered to do it properly.
03:59-!-Drikus [] has joined #mythtv
04:00<o_cee>stupid ie stupid ie stupid ie stupid ie stupid ie
04:01<FryGuy>well I was asking if you remembered checking in a patch to cvs
04:01<FryGuy>yes, ie is stupid
04:01<FryGuy>what's wrong with it now?
04:02<o_cee>doesn't understand :hover unless it's on a <a>
04:02<o_cee>CSS says it's ok to use on any element
04:02<FryGuy>ya it's only using like CSS1
04:04-!-term [] has joined #mythtv
04:05-!-bishop [~bishop@] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
04:09<o_cee>anyone who tried my theme?
04:20-!-linagee [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
04:28<o_cee>think i got it now..
04:29<o_cee>yeah, that fixed it
04:29<o_cee>new patch comming soon with the countdown stuff as well
04:32<o_cee>to make those days/hours/minutes stuff, i had to do a bunch of ifs.. not very pretty, but i don't know how to make it any other more clean way
04:34-!-choenig [] has joined #mythtv
04:37<o_cee>btw, Chutt
04:37<o_cee>what do you say about variable names and such? and omitting {} in ifs if there's only one line?
04:51-!-krischi [] has joined #mythtv
04:51-!-krischi [] has left #mythtv []
05:18-!-choenig [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
06:05-!-robbie_ [] has joined #mythtv
06:06<robbie_>reckon oscar would mind if i pasted up a few screen shots of his new theme ?
06:55<o_cee>no problem
06:55<o_cee>just replied
06:56<o_cee>and now i really have to run
06:56<o_cee>talk to you later
06:56<o_cee>you don't have the logo or the "type" pictures either..
06:57<o_cee>and your watermarks look strange. i'd say you have a qt issue.
06:57<o_cee>but i'm off
07:14-!-dja [] has joined #mythtv
07:57-!-GreyFoxx_ is now known as GreyFoxx
09:34-!-schultmc [] has joined #mythtv
09:42<thor_>MythMusic's interface would be better if users had to memorize two id numbers for any song they want to hear. Sheeesh.
09:44<o_cee>stupid users
09:44<kvandivo>i've always been partial to having to memorize a character from the greek alphabet and a number if I ever have to memorize two things
09:44<D-side>hm. any easy way to grab the visor OSD theme?
09:44<thor_>I mean, I can't even begin to compose a response to that
09:44<D-side>i never saw it in the tarballs, and its certainly not included in the fedora rpms.
09:45<kvandivo>try clicking on 'Themes' in the left column of the webpage, d
09:45<kvandivo>i think you'll find what you seek
09:45<o_cee>if (timeToRecstart == "in 0 minutes")
09:45<o_cee> timeToRecstart = "shortly";
09:45<D-side>oh god. i'm sorry.
09:45<o_cee>is that correct? hmm
09:45<o_cee>maybe it should be 1 minute
09:46<D-side>thor_: if you ever see me ask a question whos answer is so easy to find, tell me to shut the hell up. i'm sorry.
09:46<thor_>soon (?)
09:46<o_cee>thor_: had to change a bunch of things to make it work with IE. stupid stupid ie.
09:46<thor_>D-side, no prob
09:46<o_cee>"within one minute"?
09:46<thor_>o_cee, yup
09:47<D-side>glad we agree. afk, breakfast
09:47<thor_>added java script ?
09:47<kvandivo>'before very long'
09:47<o_cee>it allows :hover on <a>'s
09:47<thor_>"sooner rather than later"
09:47<o_cee>CSS says it should be ok on all elements
09:47<o_cee>argh! :)
09:47<o_cee>i always miss when it's supposed to happen
09:47<thor_>so you added <A>'s ?
09:47<o_cee>yeah, switched from a list to hrefs
09:48<thor_>hrefs lead where ?
09:48<kvandivo>ahh.. you talking about my upcoming shows that i had added to 6544?
09:48<o_cee>kvandivo: you did the original stuff?
09:48<o_cee>redid it a bit
09:48<o_cee>hope you don't mind :)
09:48<o_cee>the patch is on the ML
09:48<kvandivo>na.. that's why it is open source. :)
09:49<o_cee>that's my backend
09:49<o_cee>originally i got confused why it didn't see that it was unicode encoded.. then i started looking at the source
09:49-!-Sembiance [sembiance@] has quit [Client Quit]
09:49<o_cee>and thought i could spice it up a little
09:50-!-Sembiance [] has joined #mythtv
09:50<o_cee>did you have any more plans for it?
09:50<o_cee>haven't added that much functionality
09:51<kvandivo>let me check.. i think i had one.... long term, though
09:51<kvandivo>ahh.. a couple of things, actually..
09:51<kvandivo>third and fourth ones down
09:52<o_cee>char *GetScreenGrab(ProgramInfo *pginfo, const QString &filename,
09:52<o_cee> int secondsin, int &bufferlen,
09:52<o_cee> int &video_width, int &video_height);
09:52<o_cee>maybe? :)
09:52<o_cee>for livetv
09:52<o_cee>ah, yeah :) number 4
09:53<kvandivo>the 3rd one (the mythweb link) would be rather easy and, i think, pretty cool
09:53<o_cee>should the shows be clickable as well maybe?
09:53<thor_>should be a link the other way as well, no ?
09:54<kvandivo>absolutely, thor
09:54<o_cee>shows -> recording in mythweb maybe
09:54<o_cee>i don't think that made sense :)
09:54<thor_>or a Status thing on the horizontal menu bar
09:54<o_cee>click on upcoming recording goes to mythweb recording page of that reocrding..
09:55<kvandivo>all of this predicated by actually having mythweb, of course.. (ie., the code would have to check before blindly inserting hrefs)
09:55<kvandivo>well.. it wouldn't _have_ to. :)
09:56<o_cee>thought about getting freespace info for slave backends or something
09:57<o_cee>EncoderLink::int getFreeSpace() { return freeSpace; }
09:57<kvandivo>be sure to check that code carefully for isLocal checks
09:58<kvandivo>some stuff works on remote's, some doesn't
09:58<o_cee>yeah, i know :/
09:58<o_cee>like getHostName
09:59<o_cee>but the screenshot thingie.. wouldn't *GetScreenGrab be possible to use? not sure how to do it since it has to be piped somehow.. or something.. :)
09:59<kvandivo>i'm not sure. i haven't looked into the code end of it. just had the idea and jotted it down. i suspect there are numerous boundary conditions which might cause any one solution to fail
10:00<o_cee>we'll ask the allmighty Chutt
10:00<kvandivo>doesn't getscreengrab work off of a previous recording? from the signature it looks to me like it does
10:00-!-nulltank [] has joined #mythtv
10:00<kvandivo>(ie., doesn't have anything to do with the encoder)
10:01-!-hfb [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
10:01<o_cee>not sure.. found it in EnkoderLink, so i thought it'd do what we wanted
10:12<o_cee>first want to get this applied and looked at by Chutt
10:12<kvandivo>but not necessarily in that order. ;)
10:12<o_cee>nah :)
10:13-!-Teflon [] has quit ["Leaving"]
10:35-!-KikoV [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
10:35-!-KikoV [] has joined #mythtv
10:35-!-m0j0 [~m0j0@] has joined #mythtv
10:55-!-hfb [] has joined #mythtv
11:25-!-_kch_ [] has quit ["Terminando cliente"]
11:31-!-choenig [] has joined #mythtv
11:38-!-steelep [~signwatch@] has joined #mythtv
11:52-!-choenig [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
11:59-!-Crib [] has joined #mythtv
11:59<Crib>Whaddup all
12:00<Crib>I just ordered my TV card, am EXCITED about this project
12:00<Crib>Got an 878 going to run it with an athlon xp 1700
12:01<Crib>Does anyone know if there i a way to make spotcleaner run on captured tv shows automatically?
12:22-!-bishop [] has joined #mythtv
12:22-!-hculver [] has joined #mythtv
12:31-!-jfm__ [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
12:32<Chutt>lotta crap on the mailing list today, geez
12:32<kvandivo>oh, i'm here now. :)
12:32<Chutt>i was going to ask you about your socket errors, but i already fixed that :p
12:33<kvandivo>i have a mini patch i need to send in re: the rec priorities stuff before 13 is released
12:33<Chutt>you've got at least a week
12:33<Chutt>since i need to finish up the keybindings stuff
12:33<kvandivo>i plan to do it RSN, but it NEEDS to be in before release
12:33<kvandivo>i had a typo in the db update code. i hadn't caught it because i had been testing it otherwise and was fine
12:34<kvandivo>the 1014 update changes the settings field to something like recpriorityingorder
12:38<thor_>I've almost finished updating mythmusic so that you can only play songs if you enter a 5 digit number
12:38* kvandivo throws back his head and cackles with insane glee.
12:38<kvandivo>i think you should go for 7.
12:38<Chutt>thor, great!
12:38<Chutt>that really needs to go in
12:39<thor_>glad to get it done before 0.13
12:39<kvandivo>US phone numbers were originally chosen to be 7 digits long because they had done studies and had figured out that the human brain could easily remember 7 digits
12:39<thor_>should work well for people with 10,000 or so tracks
12:45<Chutt>can i require qt 3.2? =)
12:46<thor_>I'm assuming that's a rhetorical question ....
12:49-!-rickter [] has joined #mythtv
12:49-!-rickter [] has quit [Client Quit]
12:50<kvandivo>well, _I'm_ running it, so i certainly don't have a problem with it
12:50* kvandivo grins evily.
12:51-!-choenig [] has joined #mythtv
12:51<thor_>have to add a "upgrade to qt 3.2.x" button to my irc app
12:58* mikegrb checks qt version
13:02* mikegrb starts qt 3.2.2 building at nice 15
13:03<thor_>do 3.2.3
13:03<mikegrb>heh okay
13:03<mikegrb>that means I have to emerge rsync
13:03<thor_>well, not if it's a major hassle
13:03<thor_>but 3.2.3 fixes issues with 3.2.2
13:04<mikegrb>it isn't a hassle
13:04<Chutt>i'm not going to require it any time soon
13:04<mikegrb>I just hate when I ask it how far from up to date I am and it lists lots of stuff
13:04<mikegrb>if I rsync then it will list more :p
13:05* mikegrb doesn't upgrade unless there is a security fix or bug fix for something I use
13:05<mikegrb>Chutt: I don't mind
13:05<mikegrb>something like qt I'd rather be ahead on
13:05<mikegrb>I'll just build it at nice 19 then
13:05<mikegrb>eventually it will be done
13:32-!-Apophis [~btatton@] has joined #mythtv
13:38-!-racer [] has joined #mythtv
13:39-!-Drikus [] has quit ["toedeledoki"]
13:40-!-Drikus [] has joined #mythtv
13:40-!-mecraw__ [~mecraw@] has joined #mythtv
13:46<hculver>anybody running mandrake-9.2 w/mythtv (and a pvr-350)?
13:49-!-hfb_ [] has joined #mythtv
13:50<hculver>I tore down a working mythtv config in a PC to put together my shiny new HTPC and now can't seem to get mythfrontend to NOT segv when I "watch live tv".
13:50<kvandivo>section 20.9, i believe it is
13:51<hculver>yeah I'm working on that now. Just thinking out loud.
13:52<o_cee>Chutt: will you have time to look at the patch tonight or so?
13:53<Chutt>i've just applied it to my tree
13:53<Chutt>it'll go in cvs soon
13:53<o_cee>allright :) you found the latest one of them?
13:53-!-hfb_ [] has quit [Client Quit]
13:54-!-hfb_ [] has joined #mythtv
13:54<o_cee> <-- one cool looking laptop
13:55<Crib>that's ugly as shit
13:56<Chutt>it's an acer, too
13:56<o_cee>ferarri :)
13:56<Crib>a cool laptop:
13:56<Crib>whoops wrong one
13:56<o_cee>ah yeah
13:57<o_cee>the macs looks so sweet
13:57<bitbyte>acers aren't known for being good machines
13:57<o_cee>saw a 23" Apple Widescreen TFT... it was huge
13:57<Crib>the 12" powerbook is only 1600
13:57<Crib>23" inch lcds give me a hard on
13:58* bitbyte moves away from Crib
13:58<o_cee>my gf just bought an iPod.. haven't got it yet, but that'll be very sweet as well :)
13:58<Crib>yeah i have a fucking 22 inch CRT goddamnit i hate it
13:58<Crib>do any of you guys have a mythtv box running yet?
13:58-!-hfb [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
13:58<Chutt>no, it's really hard to get mythtv running, i can't figure it out
13:59<thor_>a what box ?
13:59<kvandivo>i've been working on it for months
13:59<thor_>oh crap, I'm on the wrong channel again
13:59<o_cee>i thought this was about astrology
13:59<bitbyte>haha, sup thor
13:59<thor_>I thought it was about viking mythology
14:00<Crib>damn i was hoping to do it this weekend. yer saying it's complicated huh?
14:00<kvandivo>word has it there are some websites that talk about mythtv. haven't been able to find them yet, though
14:01<Crib>fucker lol
14:01-!-wu-wei [] has quit ["bye."]
14:01<kvandivo>ahh.. i had been trying
14:02<bitbyte>i think thats sage you ar ethinking about there
14:03<Chutt>has sage finished their v2 stuff yet?
14:03<Chutt>so they can make it slightly less than ass-ugly?
14:03<Crib>the documentation seems really good
14:04<kvandivo>that was apparently on october 30
14:04-!-hfb [] has joined #mythtv
14:05<Crib>Does anyone know if there is a way to make spot cleaner run automatically on .avi files after they are recorded?
14:05<thor_>you need a Windex Blaster
14:06<Chutt>well, seeing as mythtv doesn't record to avi
14:07<kvandivo>or so we've heard, anyway
14:07<Chutt>and spotcleaner's commercial detection stuff was taken from mythtv in the first place
14:07-!-Sembiance [] has quit [Client Quit]
14:07-!-Sembiance [] has joined #mythtv
14:08<Chutt>from an _old_ version of the commercial detection code in mythtv, at that
14:09<Chutt>you _probably_ just want to let mythtv do its own automatic commercial detection.
14:09<Chutt>but i could be wrong
14:09<kvandivo>hopefully we'll know eventually. We are in this vigil together, after all.
14:10-!-hfb__ [] has joined #mythtv
14:11<kvandivo>other features that mythtv needs..
14:12-!-hfb_ [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
14:12-!-josephk_ [] has joined #mythtv
14:13-!-lmatter [] has joined #mythtv
14:13<thor_>hhmmmmm ..... bone ....... beat rival apes .........
14:14* ChaosExiguum is amoused
14:14<kvandivo>certainly not the best onion article.. (that honor goes to post 9-11 episode) but relevant, none the less
14:15-!-hfb [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
14:15<kvandivo>(the post 9-11 one, i feel required to point out, can be looked at almost in its entirety at and following the links on the left)
14:16<kvandivo>every single story on that one just absolutely rocked
14:18-!-josephk [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
14:19<Crib>Cool, i didn't know mythTV did that on it's own!
14:20<ChaosExiguum>Crib, have you read the docs?
14:20-!-hfb__ [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
14:21-!-hfb [] has joined #mythtv
14:21<Crib>Just the features & screenshots section, and the modules section and the hardware reqs
14:21<Crib>Must have missed something...
14:21<Chutt>5th thing on the features + screenshots page :p
14:21<thor_>"Completely automatic commercial detection/skipping "
14:21<Crib>I was going to buy that case
14:22<Crib>Until I read they want $22.00 shipping and handling!
14:22<Crib>ebay scammers
14:22<Crib>Sorry Chutt, I am totally ADD when I'm on the computer, I speed read and shit
14:22<Crib>I'm reading like 10 articles at once
14:23<kvandivo>You _are_ the man!
14:23* kvandivo high fives Crib.
14:23<Crib>dude no i suck
14:23<Crib>time flies and i get nothing completed
14:23<Crib>luckily, i work for the goverment
14:23<thor_>literally lol
14:24<Crib>haha you're funny
14:24<thor_>on the contrary
14:24<Crib>seriously though, commercials are automatically skipped. that rules.
14:24<kvandivo>so we hear... so we hear...
14:24<Crib>i'm sure some people here actually have a mythtv box running
14:25* kvandivo gets bored and goes and sits back down.
14:25<thor_>which branch of government ?
14:26<kvandivo>legislative, executive, or judicial?
14:28<bitbyte>well, assuming the commercial skipping works correctly. it's hardly a perfected technology
14:29<Crib>the spotcleaner documentation claims 95% effectiveness
14:30<Chutt>read what i said above
14:31<Crib>right...which is why i'm suprised the mythtv version doesn't work at least that well
14:32<thor_>myth is 97.32% effective (+/- 1.91, depending on whether the station breaks include blank frames)
14:33<kvandivo>so it's at least 0.41% more effective than 95%, and possibly as much as 4.23%. Wow.. now i'm really anxious to try it out
14:36-!-poo [] has joined #MythTV
14:39-!-lmatter [] has quit ["Leaving"]
14:51-!-racer [] has quit []
15:03-!-o_c [] has joined #mythtv
15:05-!-ahbritto [] has quit [Client Quit]
15:06-!-Netsplit <-> quits: o_cee
15:07-!-o_c [] has quit [Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer)]
15:07-!-oc [] has joined #mythtv
15:11-!-o_cee [] has joined #mythtv
15:14-!-oc [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
15:14-!-o_cee [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
15:14-!-o_c [] has joined #mythtv
15:17-!-o_c [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
15:17-!-oc [] has joined #mythtv
15:21-!-oc [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
15:21-!-o_c [] has joined #mythtv
15:25-!-Peit|Home [] has joined #mythtv
15:27<Peit|Home>if i'm getting segfaults with 0.12 do i _have_ to try installing the cvs version before reporting a backtrace?
15:28<kvandivo>since a volunteer would have to look at your BT, you increase the odds that the volunteer will bother to spend time on it if you have shown that you've put forth the effort to try cvs first.
15:29<thor_>you're going to need to recompile (to turn on debuggin) in any case ...
15:29<Peit|Home>o.k., good point, i'll save this backtrace anyway
15:29<Peit|Home>i have re-compiled
15:29<Peit|Home>i _think_ it's not finding the default channel number
15:32-!-Octane [octane@] has quit [Client Quit]
15:35<Peit|Home>to what extent do i need to clean up the 0.12 version
15:35<Peit|Home>also, can i leave the backend at 0.12
15:35<Peit|Home>the crash is happening in the EPG
15:36<thor_>cvs and 0.12 will (almost certainly) not talk to each other
15:36<thor_>if it's easily reproducible, then just send in a 0.12 bt
15:36<Peit|Home>breaks every time
15:36<Peit|Home>goto to epg, crash
15:37<thor_>if it's something that has been fixed, Chutt will probably just say can you try this in CVS ?
15:37* Peit|Home isnt' rulign out user error
15:37<thor_>-dev yup
15:37* Peit|Home prepares to make a fool out of himself
15:37<thor_>follow the directions in the docs about how to include all the threads in the bt
15:37<thor_>(in case you don't already know)
15:38<thor_>but it sounds like your channels are screwed up (?)
15:38<Peit|Home>i'm going to take another look at the mysql
15:39<Peit|Home>i imported a backup, they looked fine, but looks like it may have caused problems
15:39<Peit|Home>i can't imagine why bad channel data would crash mythtv though
15:39<thor_>or it may be it can see no channel data
15:40<thor_>which is not good when you're trying to dynamically build a table
15:44<thor_>o_cee, you see that -dev post ?
15:46<o_c>here now, checkin -dev
15:47<o_c>wich? got nthing new except the transcoder thread
15:47<o_c>but sometimes it takes a while for me to get mails from the list
15:48-!-o_c is now known as o_cee
15:48<thor_>guy having problems with mainserver.cpp ?
15:48<thor_>on cvs
15:49<o_cee>haven't got it yet
15:49<thor_>I'm just having a look
15:49<o_cee>haven't got the commit yet either :)
15:50<Chutt>don't worry about it, i'll fix it
15:50<o_cee>us -> sweden emailing seems slow sometimes..
15:50<Chutt>well, the machine was having some problems earlier
15:50<Chutt>it's mostly through working it out now, though
15:51<thor_>I got some mail well out of order
15:51<Chutt>apache went crazy, not enough cpu for mail delivery
15:51<o_cee>that explains it then
15:52<Peit|Home>bt fired off
15:52<o_cee>would there be an relatively easy way to show a screengrab of what's currently beeing recorded? like a real time framegrab?
15:53<Chutt>not really
15:55-!-Octane [] has joined #mythtv
15:56-!-robbie__ [] has joined #mythtv
15:57<o_cee>why did that cause trouble? old qt or something?
15:58<o_cee>not your stuff
15:58<Chutt>naw, just g++ being funny.
15:58<o_cee>okay.. i'll try to remember it
15:59<Chutt>naw, don't worry about it
15:59<Chutt>i doubt it'll come up :p
15:59<o_cee>hehehe, okay :)
15:59-!-robbie_ [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
15:59* o_cee looks at encoderlink.h to see what else could be added...
15:59-!-racer [] has joined #mythtv
16:05<thor_>oh crap
16:05-!-racer [] has quit []
16:06<thor_>need to redo the http serving in the mfd
16:06<thor_>for mutliple clients and held open connections
16:06-!-bishop [] has quit [Client Quit]
16:06<thor_>in the daap server
16:06<thor_>pain in the ass
16:06<Peit|Home>what's the normal delay for seeing messages on -dev
16:07<o_cee>bool EncoderLink::isLowOnFreeSpace() could add that, doesn't need to be local it seems :)
16:07<o_cee>Peit|Home: 5 seconds - 5 days
16:07<Peit|Home>o_cee: :( o.k.
16:08-!-peit [] has joined #mythtv
16:09<peit>taking laptop to watch tv, shout if my email appears and you need more info. ta
16:09<Chutt>peit|home, you need to get a backtrace with cvs.
16:09<peit>:( i was hoping you wouldn't say that
16:09<thor_>(it did arrive)
16:10<o_cee>Chutt: isLowOnFreeSpace() will work with slave backends, right?
16:10<peit>do i need to uninstal 0.12 completely ?
16:11<Chutt>peit, depends on your definition of completely.
16:11<peit>well, can i leave the gentoo stuff in place, and just run make install
16:11<Chutt>as long as it installs to the same place, sure
16:11<peit>also, the mysql, do i need to change anything?
16:12<Chutt>of course not.
16:12<thor_>that's all automagic
16:12<Chutt>o_cee, if there's no test for 'islocal' or anything, it'll work
16:12<peit>ah cool,
16:12<peit>i'll um, yeah, mysqldump first though
16:17<Peit|Home>the "No symbol table info available." weren't a problem in this case then?
16:17-!-lichen [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
16:17<thor_>those were from qt itself (not a problem)
16:31<o_cee>Chutt: the calculations made for the countdown, i can't call those somewhere? seeing something similiar in ProgramInfo::ToMap? (looking for something else)
16:32<kvandivo>that chanNumber looks awful bizarre, though.. chanNumber = 4294967292
16:32<kvandivo>not you. :)
16:34<peit>in the backtrace?
16:34<kvandivo>that's approximately -3 or -4.. give or take a bit
16:34<peit>i've glanced at the sql tables, and there's no wacky numbers in it
16:35<Chutt>how many channels do you have?
16:35<Chutt>o_cee, i really don't know
16:35<peit>one sec, i think it 68m but i'll double check
16:35<kvandivo>what's your first channel?
16:35<peit>83 channels
16:36<o_cee>okay. i'll do some searching, wouldn't suprise me if i can find it somewhere
16:36<peit>first chanid is 1000
16:36<peit>first channum is um, 1
16:36<kvandivo>so if you tune your plain tv to channel 1 you get something?
16:37<peit>i should do,
16:37<peit>the STB has a channel 1
16:37<peit>i'm on composite inputs
16:37<peit>external channel changer
16:38<peit>81 channels without an assigned number, that can't be right, can it?
16:39<peit>default/intial channel is set to channel 3, and i have a channel where channum=3
16:40<kvandivo>let's see.. -1 would be 95, -2 94, -3 93, -4 would be 92.. so it is somehow getting set to -4.
16:40-!-fiberguy [~emil@] has joined #mythtv
16:40<peit>where are you getting 95 from out of intrest?
16:41<peit>oh, nevermind
16:41<kvandivo>at any rate, once you get cvs compiled you can go from there
16:41<peit>i wonder if it changes if i reduce the number of channels on display in the EPG
16:42<peit>going upstairs to check (the advantages of wifi)
16:46-!-lmatter [] has joined #mythtv
16:55<peit>with "lines to show in EPG" set to 8, and only two channels where channum !='' it crashes,
16:56<peit>3 channels is fine, 7 lines and 2 channels also appears to work
16:56-!-Netsplit <-> quits: hculver, robbie__
16:56-!-dakeyrus [] has joined #mythtv
16:58-!-Netsplit over, joins: robbie__, hculver
16:58<peit>i'll test with cvs in a bit, still waiting for the backend to finish
17:00<o_cee>Chutt: the status page now says that it'll start recording, but doesn't include any pre/postroll..
17:01<o_cee>it could write out the "real" recstart in the countdown (i gues somehow) instead
17:02<isaac_>i _still_ can't compile cvs :(
17:03<o_cee>mainserver.cpp error?
17:03<isaac_>can't link, 4.9mb of linker errors
17:03<isaac_>it's a local problem but i can't figure out what
17:06-!-Drikus [] has quit ["toedeledoki"]
17:14<robbie__>o_cee: hey there, you mentioned my screenshots indicated a possible problem with qt
17:14<robbie__>im running debina unstable and am pretty up to date
17:14<robbie__>what you running ?
17:14<robbie__>hmm, debian even
17:16<o_cee>does your blue theme look like this?
17:34-!-Apophis [~btatton@] has quit ["Leaving"]
17:35<o_cee>odd asking stuff and not replying
17:35<o_cee>ah well
17:36<Chutt>o_cee, 6 items with bigger text makes your menus look better :p
17:36<o_cee>you at 100x100 right?
17:36<o_cee>you think even bigger?
17:37<Chutt>of course
17:37<o_cee>how high did you go?
17:38<Chutt>26, though that's too large for the blank button images =)
17:38-!-marc__ [~Marc@] has quit ["Leaving"]
17:38<o_cee>i'll try it out tomorrow
17:43<o_cee>what do you say about the theme besides that then?
17:47<bitbyte>are there any affordable video cap cards with component inputs and support in linux?
17:51<poptix>as in R G B seperate inputs?
17:52<poptix>or video audio rca inputs
17:52<o_cee>component uses RCA plugs
17:52<o_cee>but he's not reffering to composite
17:52<poptix>if you just want rca style inputs with seperate audio/video, grab a hauppauge wintv
17:53<o_cee>that's not component
17:53<poptix>so define what you mean, instead of being a dick?
17:53<poptix>there's A/V inputs
17:53<poptix>then there's RGB seperate inputs
17:53<poptix>(usually BNC, although i've seen RCA)
17:54<o_cee>i don't know what the problem is?
17:55<isaac_>people on irc are inherently assholes
17:56<thor_>quick, someone call someone else a Nazi
17:58<o_cee>i really have no idea what's wrong.
17:59<o_cee>he says component input, it can't be more clear.
17:59<poptix>there are various types of 'component inputs'
17:59-!-choenig [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
18:00<poptix>some people say component inputs and mean something entirely different
18:00<isaac_>thor_: you nazi
18:00* thor_ is outraged, outraged I tell you
18:01* thor_ still hoping someone is developing a Windex Blaster
18:01* isaac_ cowers
18:01<isaac_>is that like a super soaker filled with windex?
18:02* kvandivo cackles.
18:04<Chutt>kvandivo, hey, i think i did your settings db change
18:04<robbie__>o_cee: was at breakfast
18:04<kvandivo>oh ya? fair enough.
18:04<robbie__>o_cee: yep, my blue theme looks like that
18:05<Chutt>was doing db updates for the keybindings code, threw that in as well
18:05<isaac_>heh, i thought that said 'o_cee was breakfast'
18:05<o_cee>robbie__: and you don't see the logo or the title?
18:05<kvandivo>i was just going to update settings set blah = 'RecPriorityOrder' where blah = 'RecPriorityingOrder'; x2
18:06<kvandivo>that will handle most everyone.. the only leakers would be people that have tweaked the setting since downloading cvs from before
18:06<kvandivo>but, if it is in, then we don't have to worry about it anyway
18:09<robbie__>o_cee: i see both the logo and the title exactly as in the screenshot you showed
18:10<o_cee>with my theme?
18:10<robbie__>no, in the blue one
18:10<o_cee>but what about my theme?
18:10<robbie__>screenshots are like i see it, i see what you mean by what im missing
18:10<robbie__>i had a look at the pics in the subdirs of your theme and i dont get them
18:11<o_cee>Chutt: you see those, right?
18:11<Peit|Home>Chutt: got a cvs bt for you, want it posted to the list?
18:11<thor_>hmmm ... commercial skipping to avoid nude women .... that strike anyone else as odd ?
18:12<thor_>nm, "for the young ones"
18:12<o_cee>thor_: your mail: Ooooooh, is _that_ what the error meant :)
18:13<robbie__>a boobie detector
18:13<Peit|Home>odd, cvs crashes when ther are 2 channels with channum filled in
18:13<o_cee>robbie__: any errors on the console? do --verbose all or something
18:14<o_cee>there should be some kind of errors
18:14-!-lichen [] has joined #mythtv
18:17-!-billytwowilly [] has joined #mythtv
18:19<robbie__>scuse caps (oops)
18:19<robbie__>will update
18:20<o_cee>shouldn't matter.
18:20<o_cee>not that kind of error at least
18:23<robbie__>only errors i get are
18:25<o_cee>even if you do --verbose all
18:25<Peit|Home>o.k. night all,
18:25<o_cee>(and to those thinking i can read minds, he posted errors off chan ;)
18:29-!-skammah__ [] has joined #mythtv
18:32<o_cee>Chutt: got any advice on where to find the preroll for each recording?
18:33<skammah__>anyone around willing to answer a question? I have an ATI tv-wonder, and it has something on channel 1, which is throwing off my channel listings in mythtv
18:33<isaac_>read the faq about 'off-by-one'
18:33<isaac_>i think
18:33<kvandivo>Chutt: on the dbcheck thing.. you did RecPriorityingOrder, but there is also a RecPriorityingActive. I can send a patch in for that if you wish.
18:34<skammah__>cool, must have been reading the wrong faq.
18:36<skammah__>where would one find the FAQ?
18:36<FunbagsNY>I updated my xmltv, it gets the right provider now, however when I do mythfilldb i get ERROR: Date::Manip unable to determine TimeZone.
18:36<FunbagsNY> Date::Manip::Date_TimeZone called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2/Date/ line 661
18:36<FunbagsNY> Date::Manip::Date_Init() called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2/Date/ line 779
18:36<FunbagsNY> Date::Manip::ParseDateString('now') called at /usr/bin/tv_grab_na line 1... Any idea's?
18:36<o_cee>that's no mythtv error
18:41-!-schultmc [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
18:42-!-skammah__ [] has left #mythtv ["Client Exiting"]
18:42<FunbagsNY>weird.. figured it out, i had to manually set my timezone in
18:43<o_cee>next time, spend some time on it before askin
18:45<FunbagsNY>thanks i'll chalk that up on my useless tip of the day board.
18:45<o_cee>hmm. get a grip
18:46<FunbagsNY>ah just jokin around..
18:46-!-marc__ [~Marc@] has joined #mythtv
18:57-!-billytwowilly [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
19:05-!-Teflon [] has joined #mythtv
19:06-!-mecraw__ [~mecraw@] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
19:06-!-mecraw__ [~mecraw@] has joined #mythtv
19:07<kvandivo>doh.. gotta remember the if i want to send mail
19:10-!-billytwowilly [] has joined #mythtv
19:14<o_cee>i need help adding a function to ProgramInfo (i htink that's the right place) that gets the per recording preroll...
19:14-!-marc__ [~Marc@] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
19:20-!-cobryce [] has joined #mythtv
19:20-!-steelep [~signwatch@] has quit ["me is bugging out"]
19:21<cobryce>Can anyone help me with XMLTV or point me to XMLTV's channel?
19:21<billytwowilly>cobryce: If you aren't getting updates it's because zap2it changed their page.. update xmltv to 0.5.23 or greater to fix it.
19:22<billytwowilly>also. has a mailing list archive for exactly this kind of stuff.. most answers are there..
19:22<cobryce>I didn't want to cost the hundreds of megs of bw in searching.
19:23<billytwowilly>? there's pretty much no bandwidth used..
19:23<o_cee>so instead you thought you'd bug us?
19:23<cobryce>And actually, I'm getting the following error running XMLTV 0.5.21: Undefined subroutine &main::say called at /usr/bin/tv_grab_na line 530.
19:24<o_cee>not the right place to ask.
19:24<cobryce>Yes, It's usually faster to ask the IRC after searching through the docs. I know it holds true for me in other channels.
19:24<billytwowilly>sigh.. there's no point in even trying to fix that anyway because it won't work once you fix it.. you need xmltv >= 0.5.23
19:24<cobryce>And the right place would be...
19:24* cobryce makes an ebuild for 0.5.24
19:25<o_cee>wouldn't that be the first friggin thin to try??
19:25-!-cmorgan [] has joined #mythtv
19:25<cobryce>I didn't know there was a new version past 0.5.21, which is for some very odd reason, the latest version in Gentoo's portage
19:27<o_cee>yeah, gentoo portage is always up to date.
19:27<cobryce>It's often more up to date than this.
19:27<cobryce>3 weeks
19:27<o_cee>often != always
19:28<cobryce>Well, thanks for the info/update. I'll try it and see if it can find "say()".
19:28<billytwowilly>whoever's in charge of maintaining xmltv ebuilds probably got bored of having to make a new one every couple days;)
19:28<cobryce>Yes, I know this is not the place for XMLTV problems.
19:29<billytwowilly>If you find an xmltv channle somewhere I'd be interested in knowing about it.
19:29<cobryce>I remember how they'd come out one after another earlier in the 0.5s. That was way back when I used MythTV CVS just to be ahead of .7
19:32<billytwowilly>I wonder if there'll be a 0.13 in time for christmas?
19:33<kvandivo>what the heck is up with the goto's in videooutbase ? ;)
19:35-!-curreyr [] has joined #mythtv
19:35<curreyr>thor? you around?
19:41<FunbagsNY>cobryce just rename the ebuild to .23
19:42<FunbagsNY>and it will pull the .23 and compile it, dont use .24 b/c of other dependencies not updated yet
19:43-!-mecraw__ [~mecraw@] has quit ["Trillian ("]
19:44-!-curreyr [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
19:49-!-CurreyRob [] has joined #mythtv
19:58-!-hfb [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
19:59-!-lmatter [] has quit ["Client Exiting"]
20:07-!-skammah__ [] has joined #mythtv
20:17<CurreyRob> ls
20:18<CurreyRob>grr hate that .... :)
20:21<chiphead>MPlayer-1.0pre2 mythnews mythtv-stock tarballs
20:21<chiphead>freevo mythtv mythvideo transcode-0.6.11
20:21<chiphead>mythdvd mythtv-cur mythweather
20:50-!-tmk [] has joined #mythtv
20:51<cobryce>Thanks FunbagsNY. I was already trying to navigate the deps. Instead, i'll just change it to .23
20:56-!-Captain_Murdoch_ [] has joined #mythtv
20:57-!-poo [] has left #MythTV []
21:06-!-mattfelsen [] has joined #mythtv
21:06-!-CurreyRob [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
21:23-!-deadsock [] has joined #mythtv
21:23<mattfelsen>is xmltv 0.5.19 too old? it's not working for me anymore
21:23<billytwowilly>way too old..
21:23<billytwowilly>get 0.5.23
21:24<cobryce>At least.
21:28<mattfelsen>anyone wanna send me a deb? :)
21:29<DogBoy>xmltv is easy to install
21:29<DogBoy>you don't need a deb
21:29<dopez> xmltv 0.5.23 debs
21:30<cmorgan>dopez: did you download all of the dependencies that the deb needs?
21:30<dopez>i install xmltv thats in debian sarge, but no idea what version that is
21:30-!-FunbagsNY [] has quit ["Leaving"]
21:31<cmorgan>running unstable, its < 0.5.23
21:31<dopez>i dont need the latest version tho, tv_grab_nl hasnt changed since 0.5.19 i think
21:35<mattfelsen>dopez: 0.5.19 is in sarge
21:35<mattfelsen>0.5.19-2, actually. and 0.5.23 seems to be working now
21:36-!-Netsplit <-> quits: hculver, robbie__
21:37-!-Netsplit over, joins: robbie__, hculver
21:40-!-DogBoy [] has quit ["Leaving"]
21:41-!-vax [] has quit ["Client exiting"]
21:42<schwin97>wrong window
21:42-!-vax [] has joined #mythtv
21:45<jeffpc>how come I can't record two consecutive shows?
21:45-!-DogBoy [] has joined #mythtv
21:45<jeffpc>I get the first one, but the second one doesn't record, unless I restart the backend
21:48-!-DogBoy [] has quit [Client Quit]
21:52<Chutt>talk to the ivtv people.
21:55<jeffpc>ivtv....where would I find them?
21:55<mattfelsen>how do you cancel a transcoding job?
21:56<thor_>tv or dvd ?
21:59-!-kslater [] has joined #mythtv
22:00<kslater>I have a question about the CLE266 support in Myth. Anyone up for it? Promise to be brief.
22:06-!-DogBoy [] has joined #mythtv
22:10<thor_>so .... I'm writing a friggin http server
22:10<kvandivo>man.. that article on /. about the gigapixel image.. that guy has some fabulous images on his website. i'm half tempted to actually buy some prints from him
22:11<billytwowilly>thor_: Why are you writing an http server?
22:11<thor_>to serve content
22:11<thor_>audio, at the moment
22:13<billytwowilly>why don't you just use one of the probably 50 offered on freshmeat?
22:14<thor_>cause by the time I squeezed them down into a multithreaded plugin that fit inside the mfd, it's easier to write my own
22:14<thor_>myth frontend daemon
22:15<billytwowilly>now I'm curious;) why does the mythfrontend need a web server?
22:15<thor_>example: if you build the mfd right now, it can serve mythmusic content to iTunes
22:15<thor_>but it's got a tacked on httpd server
22:16<thor_>which is not threaded
22:16<billytwowilly>That's cool.
22:16<billytwowilly>except that I don't run itunes because I'm using linux on my main box. But it's still cool.
22:16<thor_>yes, but you might have more than one myth box
22:17<billytwowilly>so it'll serve to your other mythboxes as well?
22:17<thor_>that's the plan
22:19<billytwowilly>That's a neat idea... I don't know how it would affect me though.. I use nfs to share all my multimedia files from my main box to my mythtv box downstairs. If I added another frontend I'd just continue to use nfs..
22:19<thor_>nfs requires configuration
22:19<thor_>plug in box, get content
22:20<billytwowilly>oh, so it'll autosearch for other myth boxes on the network and share stuff automagically between them?
22:20<thor_>that's the plan
22:21<billytwowilly>that'd be cool.. of course that still doesn't get around having all my media files on my main box with no myth stuff installed;)
22:21<thor_>you can build it on it's own (no libmyth, no database)
22:22<thor_>good for non-myth boxes with CD/DVD drives
22:22<thor_>pop in CD here, play music there
22:22<billytwowilly>That'll be interesting. nfs is more efficient protocol than http though isn't it?
22:22<thor_>pop in DVD here, transcode movie there
22:23<D-side>what, "rendezvous for myth" ?
22:23<thor_>zeroconfig's already done
22:23<D-side>is that actually on deck?
22:23<billytwowilly>thor_: When do you think it'll be complete enough for a release?
22:23<thor_>just not many working services to advertize yet :-)
22:23<D-side>might be interesting to automatically setup frontends.
22:23<D-side>pop it in, auto configured.
22:24<D-side>thats a brilliant idea.
22:24<thor_>billytwowilly, definitely not 0.13
22:24<billytwowilly>i'm not familiar with zeroconf.
22:24<thor_>probably not 0.14
22:24<D-side>its what it sounds like.
22:24<thor_>no ip addresses
22:24<thor_>no name servers
22:24<D-side>familiar with the OSX exploit recently made public?
22:24<billytwowilly>not really.
22:24<D-side>its a similar service. just less retarded. :)
22:25<billytwowilly>I'm just slightly more technical than your average windows user;)
22:26<billytwowilly>I use linux because I don't like the windows licence. And I've slowly come to realize that it's a far superior OS.
22:26<D-side>imagine a world where you plug something in and it Just Works. :)
22:26<thor_>it's very Apple
22:26<D-side>thor_: nothing wrong with that, IMO.
22:27<billytwowilly>that's what I'd like... I've been having a crapload of trouble with my usb logitech wingman rumblepad.
22:27<thor_>I'm still slightly amazed when I fire up the mfd, and iTunes suddenly gets an entry
22:27<D-side>provided its done Right, but thats a definition with plenty of room for interpretation.
22:27<D-side>thor_: heh. the cool stuff always does that to you
22:27<billytwowilly>will that interfere with mythweb? running two webservers? or do yours run on a non-standard port?
22:28<thor_>it's http, but not HTML over port 80
22:28<thor_>just uses the protocol
22:28<D-side>ah so thats how its delivered.
22:28<thor_>DAAP, for example, is 3689
22:28<thor_>that's what iTunes uses
22:28<D-side>whats the acronym stand for?
22:28<thor_>Digital Audio Access Protocol
22:29<billytwowilly>thor_: Do you work on mythweb as well?
22:29<thor_>not for many months
22:29<billytwowilly>have you used a current cvs version?
22:29<D-side>you're the creator?
22:29<D-side>so i should thank you for nuvexport too? :)
22:29<thor_>the thing that's now mythweb-old ;-)
22:30<thor_>nuvexport, no
22:30<D-side>remind me to thank that guy.
22:30<billytwowilly>will I be able to completely edit everything having to do with mythmovies from mythweb in the next version?
22:30<D-side>define "edit everything"
22:30<mattfelsen>chris does mythweb & nuvexport
22:30<thor_>define "mythmovies"
22:30<Chutt>'edit nothing' =)
22:31<D-side>yeah, i was wondering if he's chris. heh
22:31<billytwowilly>IMDB number, Put in custom info in the "what the shows about" column, upload a poster/picture if it doesn't find one..
22:31<D-side>thats fairly easy to do now, with a little sql'ing.
22:32<Chutt>just a matter of someone writing things.
22:32<D-side>i dont code at all. i cant even hack out proper shell scripts. dont look at me.
22:33<billytwowilly>I don't know squat about sql;) I said I was slightly more technical than your average windows user;) AKA Dumb as a freaking brick + the IQ of an ant..
22:33<Lenolium>Anyone want to help me troubleshoot this mythtv installation? I am trying to watch LiveTV, and it fails with "strange error flushing buffer..." (on backend), and frontend just complains "Waited 2 sec"[snip]
22:34-!-zdooder [~troy@] has joined #mythtv
22:34<thor_>Chutt, if _you_ were writing an http server, would you want a predefined pool size of serving threads, or create a thread (costly) on client connection (where the connections are persistent, possibly very persistent :-) ) ?
22:35<billytwowilly>Lenolium: did you look in the documentation?
22:35<Lenolium>Compiled Sat's CVS with native alsa support, both kernels have alsa enabled, tried the audio debugging section of the FAQ, and am still stuck here.
22:35<Chutt>thor, depends on the usage, really
22:35<cmorgan>anyone else find that the recorded programs dialog doesn't respond well to input? it seems to be due to playing the little preview of the show
22:35<Chutt>thor, if they're going to be long term persistent, you don't want your thread pool locked out by them
22:35<thor_>some big content (file transfers), small number of clients (other mythfrontends on a local lan)
22:36<thor_>I'm thinking thread per connection
22:36<thor_>but I barely know what I'm talking about :-)
22:36<Chutt>could always pre-create some
22:36<mattfelsen>btw, two minor bugs i noticed that i will attempt to fix if nobody else knows how to easily: the channel icon isn't cleared after every channel change, so changing from say channel 4 (with a cbs icon) to channel 37 (no icon) will leave the cbs icon in the osd
22:37<Chutt>mattfelsen, patches are (almost) always accepted =)
22:37<Lenolium>billytwowilly: Blast... that was my only hope.
22:37<billytwowilly>Lenolium: Upgrade your libmp3lame and run it again.
22:37<mattfelsen>well, i wanted to know if someone recognized it'd be an easy one-liner before diving in
22:38<Lenolium>thor_: I would recommend a thread-per-connection, at least to start, you don't want to have to mess around with a pool until you actually need it.
22:38<mattfelsen>and in the guide, if you highlight a block with no program info (either blank or unknown), the time displayed in current time - current time instead of the correct info (i guess the way to fix that would be to look at the end time of the previous block and the start time of the next block?)
22:39<Chutt>he's already got code for a thread pool
22:39<Chutt>since that's how the backend works :p
22:39<thor_>I could always try and stay one ahead or something, but then I'd need a thread creating thread, and by brain would start to physically blead
22:39<Lenolium>Chutt: Really? Hrm, how many connections does the frontend make?
22:40<thor_>I went into backend server for inspiration on an http server
22:40<thor_>that's a pretty simple http server :-)
22:41<thor_>anyway, all academic for the next day or so till I get a single one working properly
22:42<Chutt>ah well, i'll finish up the keybinding config stuff tomorrow sometime
22:43<kvandivo>Chutt: did you see my note about RecPriorityingActive ?
22:43<thor_>there was someone complaining about RemoteLineEdits having gone wonky (which I assumed was post KeyBindings stuff). Should I fiddle with that ?
22:43<kvandivo>ok. if you want me to send a patch, let me know
22:44<billytwowilly>who maintains/works on mythgame?
22:44<Chutt>thor, they're working fine
22:45-!-mattfelsen [] has quit []
22:45<Chutt>the 'crap' he was talking about is the selection stuff
22:45<Chutt>from what i can tell
22:45<Chutt>i'm just ignoring his patch :p
22:46<thor_>I thought I understood what he was talking about at the time, but I looked at it again this morning and it didn't make much sense to me
22:46<jeffpc>Chutt: ok, I googled for ivtv, and found, where they say that it is for Hauppague WinTV PVR-x50 (cx2431x driver). I have WinTV-Radio (bttv driver)
22:47<jeffpc>btw, that problem with recording happens even if I want two consecutive shows from the same channel
22:48<Chutt>you've got a driver issue, i'd say
22:48<Chutt>figured it was ivtv, since that was common with older versions of the ivtv driver.
22:48<jeffpc>but it goes away after I reload mythtv backend
22:48<jeffpc>btw, I loaded the module manually
22:50<jeffpc>and it happened in 0.11 and CVS from yesterday...
22:50<Lenolium>Is mythtv unhappy with 2.6 series kernels?
22:51<jeffpc>and I use 2.6.0-test11 :-)
22:52<cmorgan>myth appears alright with 2.6 series, not running ivtv drivers or backend on it
22:54<Lenolium>Hrm... my frontend is spewing "Audio buffer overflow..." errors, from the OSS module, even though I compiled for ALSA (I thought)
22:54<jeffpc>with OSS emulation?
22:54<Lenolium>jeffpc: With OSS emulation.
22:55<Lenolium>the printf above it prints a 'AddSamples 4096' every time, so it looks like I am definitely getting audio data.
22:56<Lenolium>I thought I even configured the frontend to use /dev/sound/adsp
22:58<Lenolium>The strace shows it's opening the alsa dsp.
22:58<billytwowilly>is anyone working on mythgame? I was browsing cvs and it looks kind of abandoned..
22:59<Lenolium>Is there some flag I can send the frontend to have it use alsa? I think there is an OSS emulation bug in the kernel dealing with resampling... but I could be very wrong.
22:59* Lenolium is just about willing to try anything.
23:00<kslater>mythgame has needed a 'sponsor' for a while.
23:00<jeffpc>look into it further, and find the bug if there is one ;-)
23:00<billytwowilly>kslater: That's too bad.. It's a really good module..
23:02<jeffpc>maybe there should be a section on the website called: "Adopt a module"
23:02<kslater>I only use it a little. Looked at a problem a while back and found out that Isaac was looking for someone to pick it up. (My words, not his)
23:03* kslater is away: I'm busy
23:04<billytwowilly>yah, it's giving me problems with my logitech wingman rumblepad.. I can get it to work on the same machine using gxmame, but not with mythgame.
23:10<Lenolium>Should I build a kernel without OSS emulation? then will it use ALSA?
23:13* Lenolium starts downloading -test11
23:15<Captain_Murdoch_>that thing mattfelson mentioned about the channel icon on the OSD probably needs to blank it out like the playbackbox does for the status icons.
23:17<cmorgan>oss emulation runs on top of alsa
23:18<cmorgan>so it shouldn't matter whether oss emulation is on or not, its quite transparent
23:18<billytwowilly>thor_: your http server would work kind of like the mythshare idea being talked about on the myth users mailing list right?
23:19<Lenolium>cmorgan: Hrm... it seems to be having problems with the audio buffer overflowing, which is a known bug in OSS emulation in alsa (perhaps fixed in -test11)
23:19<cmorgan>can't myth use alsa?
23:19<thor_>yup, but only on the local lan (at least automagically)
23:20<billytwowilly>releatively easy to get it working over the internet though right?
23:20<Lenolium>cmorgan: It seems to want to use OSS, and I couldn't find a way to flag it over to alsa.
23:20<Lenolium>(although alsa support is compiled into myth and libmyth)
23:20<thor_>well if you want to totally unsecure process exposed to the net ....
23:21<thor_>a totally
23:21<cmorgan>Lenolium: then shouldn't myth not be using oss at all? did you build oss emulation as modules?
23:21<billytwowilly>That's interesting. I wouldn't use it like that, but it'd be interesting.
23:22<billytwowilly>Looks like all I need is a mythanswering machine module and a better mythgame module and I can stop updating;)
23:22<billytwowilly>oh, and those things I mentioned for mythweb;)
23:22<billytwowilly>That's cool.
23:23<billytwowilly>Has their been an upsurge in developers for myth lately? It seems like more is getting done.
23:24<Lenolium>cmorgan: Nope, it's builtin
23:25<cmorgan>i'm running test11 here as well, one sec
23:26<cmorgan>running fine for me
23:26<Lenolium>cmorgan: I'm still on test9, so that could be my problem.
23:26<cmorgan>opened up /dev/dsp (according to terminal output)
23:26<thor_>Lenolium, you need just sound support in the kernel, and you can manually unload oss drivers and stick in alsa ones
23:27<Lenolium>thor_: I'll have to give that a try. brb rebooting to -test11
23:34<Lenolium>still audio buffer overflow, but I used my old .config, so I'll make oss support a module now...
23:35<billytwowilly>thor_: So the mfd is the first step in unifying mythmusic, mythvideo, mythdvd et al?
23:35<thor_>well ....
23:35<thor_>unified place to serve content easily
23:35<thor_>how to consume it is still a bit of a mystery ...
23:36-!-Sembiance [] has quit [Client Quit]
23:36-!-Sembiance [] has joined #mythtv
23:36<thor_>Lenolium, sound support as module, then anything to do with sound (below that) either not built or built only as module
23:37<thor_>then you can swap at will
23:37-!-cmorgan [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
23:38<billytwowilly>thor_: They really need to be unified.. atleast into one submenu..
23:38<billytwowilly>that's cool though.
23:41<D-side>dont suppose anyone present now is as silly as I am and is running on a Pundit w/ gentoo
23:41-!-kvandivo [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
23:42-!-kvandivo [] has joined #mythtv
23:42<billytwowilly>D-side: not that silly, sorry;)
23:42<D-side>i'm going into hour 7 of recompiling for the P4 arch. used to be on an athlon XP. :)
23:43<thor_>have a pundit running myth, but not on gentoo
23:43<D-side>thor_: anything you know i have to watch out for?
23:44<D-side>with the fedora install i had on it, once the good sis X driver was installed and configured with sisctrl, the tv out looked great.
23:44<thor_>hardest part for me was getting the ethernet working .... had to burn a CD with the source on it .... no floppies
23:44<D-side>ah, yeah.
23:45<D-side>gentoo luckily picked it right up. i think 2.4.22 has immediate support for it.
23:45<billytwowilly>damn.. I was reading that thread on myth module ideas and it turned me on to vocp, which looks awesome..
23:45<D-side>i had the same issue when i bought a different asus board (KT400) with the same nic chipset.
23:45<D-side>billytwowilly: vocp IS great, but its initial install is a HUGE bitch.
23:45<billytwowilly>that stinks.
23:46<thor_>and I'm still a bit confused why it looks like total crap with interlace turned off
23:46<billytwowilly>I might try and talk the knoppmyth guys into putting it on their livecd preconfigured;)
23:46<thor_>sorry, deinterlacing turned off
23:46<thor_>even on a TV
23:46<D-side>yeah i saw that.
23:47<D-side>thor_: i think i noticed that during a high motion scene on tv.
23:47<D-side>looked completely asslike.
23:47<thor_>even mplayer looks like total crap without deinterlacing
23:47<thor_>on a TV
23:47<Lenolium>does the nforce2 audio chipset have problems?
23:48<thor_>dunno ....
23:49<D-side>its the same intel 810 as the original nforce.
23:49<D-side>just use alsa.
23:49<D-side>thor_: interesting about the deinterlacing issue.
23:50<D-side>ready to hear a completely asinine module idea?
23:50<thor_>mythStarbucksLocator ?
23:50<D-side>mythconference! myth videoconferencing
23:50<D-side>its going to be on a tv anyway!
23:51<thor_>some kind of IM/videoconf would be great
23:51<D-side>wow. i figured i'd get ripped apart for that one. :)
23:51<D-side>i always thought an OSD type IM function would be cool.
23:51<billytwowilly>Lenolium: I'm using the nforce2 audio chipset just fine.. It wouldn't work for my with mandrake 9.2 though. works fine with knoppmyth.
23:52<D-side>a particular section of the display darkens a bit (transparent yet shaded) with a message like "<user> has sent you an IM>"
23:52<kvandivo>hmm.. the 'time when the next recording is going to start' on 6544 isn't quite right.
23:53<thor_>o_cee hasn't solved the per recording pre post roll stuff
23:53<thor_>and I think he's day calculation is a bit off
23:53<Lenolium>billytwowilly: Hrm, strange, what errors did you get?
23:54<thor_>crossing midnight versus more than 24 hours problem
23:54<billytwowilly>Lenolium: It wouldn't work in full-duplex no matter what I did.
23:54<billytwowilly>Lenolium: Would play audio just fine from mythmusic, mythvideo, etc, but mythtv wouldn't work.
23:54<Lenolium>billytwowilly: Ahh, this guy is frontend only. (luckily)
23:54<kvandivo>you'd think that qt would have a good date-delta function
23:55<Lenolium>thor_: How do I tell it not to use OSS? without OSS enabled, there seems to be nothing in /dev/sound
23:56<thor_>anything that looks oss'ish, rmmod it
23:56<thor_>insmod the right alsa
23:56<Lenolium>thor_: dmesg shows that alsa detected the i810 chipset, (or is that shitset?) and if I remove the snd_pcm_oss module, /dev/sound empties out.
23:56<thor_>you building alsa from source on its own ?
23:57<Lenolium>Nope, using the builtin kernel alsa.
23:57<Lenolium> /dev/snd/ has lots in it though.
23:58<thor_>what's the relevant alsa module called (snd-i810 ?) ?
23:58<thor_>and is it loaded ?
---Logclosed Wed Dec 03 00:00:20 2003