Back to Home / #mythtv / 2005 / 02 / Prev Day | Next Day
#mythtv IRC Logs for 2005-02-08

---Logopened Tue Feb 08 00:00:02 2005
00:01HRearden Hmm. Can you copy off your code again so I can take another look.
00:03xris hang on, poking at something
00:04gr8nash-home | ouch that was my eye!
00:04* gr8nash-home swats his hand
00:08--- ---> gfiend [] has joined #mythtv
00:08xris HRearden: so which socket does the file transfer happen on?
00:09xris from the php, it looks like it happens on the same one that the ANN happens on, but that the QUERY must happen on a separate one.
00:09xris anyway, new php.text for you
00:12HRearden looking now...
00:13xris I reverted a bunch of the code
00:14--- <<-- ducke0 [] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
00:17--- <<-- Geckofiend [] has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
00:19xris Chutt: what's the proper sequence of events for querying these files?
00:21--- User: *** benc is now known as benc-
00:21HRearden I thought the query and transfer happened on the same socket. Is there any standard mythtv functionality that uses these calls? I could do an ethereal dump to see the right sequence...
00:22xris no clue
00:22xris hence my asking Chutt
00:29HRearden Argh. I'm not seeing it. I might have to put some additional debugs in the backend as well in order to track this down.
00:29dopester _rkulagow_: any luck yet?
00:29xris I want to know what's up with the backend_command2 stuff. I know that it was put in specifically because of the pixmap query.
00:31HRearden Hmm. It *is* only used there, but it is more relevant for the filetransfer than the genpixmap.
00:32HRearden Well, gotta run for now. I'll check back in tomorrow night. Send a note to the dev list if I can help test anything.
00:32HRearden Thanks for taking a look at this, though. It seems like it only affects a relatively small proportion of us.
00:33xris well, it was used elsewhere. I've been updating things so that it's not.
00:33xris yeah. still nice to get the bugs fixed.
00:33HRearden Ah.
00:34xris and I'm hoping that I haven't broken anything else in the meantime
00:34HRearden Yeah, I just figured one more shot before .17.
00:34xris but I remember that it was added specifically because of teh pixmap stuff
00:34HRearden Nothing else should need it -- you are right.
00:35HRearden Well, thanks anyway. Maybe I'll try again later.
00:35--- <--- HRearden [] has left #mythtv ("Leaving")
00:35--- ---> onyxsoft__ [] has joined #mythtv
00:35--- <<-- onyxsoft_ [] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
00:36Omnic cvs update: cannot open directory /var/lib/mythcvs/mythweb/themes/compact: No such file or directory
00:36Omnic eep?
00:37xris Omnic: that'd be because it's gone
00:37xris use cvs up -Pd
00:38Omnic xris: interesting, there's no mention of that dir in my CVS/* files... but ok..
00:55o_cee Chutt, should i change those timestretch messages to vb_audio?
00:56o_cee Captain_Murdoch, the osd menu, comm flag, you can set the top alternative to be the same as the bottom alternative even though they aren't the same at all (right?)
01:04o_cee looks kind of odd..
01:14--- ---> Kilaz1 [] has joined #mythtv
01:14--- <<-- Kilaz [] has quit (Connection reset by peer)
01:23dopester _rkulagow_: last chance.. im heading to bed.. if you want help speak now or your on your own :)
01:25--- <<-- cmorgan [] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
01:51--- ---> Netslayer [] has joined #mythtv
02:20--- <--- xris [] has left #mythtv ()
02:33--- <<-- okare [] has quit (Connection timed out)
02:55--- <<-- sc00p [] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
03:41--- <<-- _johnp [~jmp@] has quit (Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer))
03:49--- <<-- doogle [] has quit (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
04:08--- ---> johnp [~jmp@] has joined #mythtv
04:08--- <<-- Hamstaman [] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
04:24--- <<-- Captain_Murdoch [] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
04:24--- ---> Hamstaman [] has joined #mythtv
04:25--- <<-- gr8nash-home [] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
04:33--- <<-- Viddy [] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
04:41--- <<-- NemLappy^ [] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
04:47--- ---> choenig [] has joined #mythtv
04:48--- ---> Forty| [] has joined #mythtv
04:49--- <<-- Torq [] has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
05:08--- ---> Torq [] has joined #mythtv
05:09--- ---> levon [~levon@] has joined #mythtv
05:15--- ---> Anduin_ [] has joined #mythtv
05:26--- User: *** gfiend is now known as Geckofiend
05:32--- <<-- Anduin [] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
05:39--- ---> Anduin [] has joined #mythtv
05:46--- <<-- Anduin_ [] has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
05:48--- ---> lanzm [] has joined #mythtv
05:49lanzm hi. which plugin would you recoomend to use as a template for a new plugin ?
05:51stoffel_ mythweather is a simple one i believe, but i'm not really a developer
06:08o_cee mythgame is simple
06:09--- <<-- Netslayer [] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
06:15lanzm I want to have done periodically (like cron) a task executed by the backend. where would you start with this ?
06:16stoffel_ why don't you use cron?
06:21lanzm I want to keep a searchlist for tv-shows. if a show is found there shall be some actions taken.
06:21stoffel_ what action?
06:21lanzm like schedule a record
06:21stoffel_ use the new search-types in 0.17. they are quite powerfull
06:23stoffel_ see for a list of changes in cvs, which will become 0.17 this week
06:31o_cee and there's already custom user jobs
06:35--- ---> kevin [] has joined #mythtv
06:40--- ---> Captain_Murdoch [] has joined #mythtv
06:49stoffel_ o_cee: could you apply the last of my patches i sent to the -dev list? except the mythphone one.
06:49o_cee Captain_Murdoch!
06:49o_cee stoffel_, something you just sent?
06:49stoffel_ no, yesterday
06:49o_cee i haven't applied them??
06:50o_cee you should keep track of the "applied" mails
06:50stoffel_ i do
06:50o_cee and the commit list.
06:50o_cee so wich haven't i applied?
06:51stoffel_ you should keep track of patches you applied ;)
06:51stoffel_ there's a small patch to mythweathers AUTHORS file i sent
06:52o_cee yeah, feeled kinda pointless
06:52stoffel_ why?
06:52o_cee since it already says: "and others", besides, no other translations are in that file
06:53stoffel_ others don't have names and i only found Christians name in the cvs after i sent it
06:53stoffel_ not that i would care much about it, though
06:54Captain_Murdo| o_cee, there are 4 possible options on that OSD menu. AS OFF, AS Pre-Notify, AS Notify, and AS ON. it only displays the 3 that aren't set, so if you have AS ON, it won't display that option. it could easily be modified to display them all if the OSD menu has a way to disable/grey-out an option.
06:54o_cee i'll apply it next time you have a nythweather update, send it along then
06:55stoffel_ ok
06:58o_cee Captain_Murdoch, example, my menu looks like this: (still uploading)
06:59o_cee that's a bit confusing i think :)
07:00o_cee also, when changing the one at the top, it prints out the previous setting to the osd instead of the new one.. would be nice to be able to have it 3 level deep as well to see alternatives without having to cycle, then re-enter, cycle, re-enter... and so on..
07:06--- <<-- levon [~levon@] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
07:07Captain_Murdo| I never even use the thing. :) what do you think would make more sense?
07:07Captain_Murdo| it tries to be smart right now and only display the options that you can actually choose, but that is probably making it worse.
07:08Captain_Murdo| what if it said "Auto-Skip Notify OFF" instead of AS OFF for this instance?
07:12o_cee well, uhm, i'm still confused as to what the options actually do :)
07:12Captain_Murdo| do you know what notify is?
07:13o_cee yeah
07:14Captain_Murdo| ok, so only one out of the 4 can be active. OFF, ON, Notify (instead of skip), and Pre-Notify (notify a little early depending on the pre-notify seconds setting)
07:14Captain_Murdo| so OFF means no notify and no auto-skip.
07:14o_cee thus, auto-skip completely off
07:15Captain_Murdo| so maybe "Auto-Skip OFF" should change to be "Notify OFF" or "Pre-Notify OFF" or "Auto-Skip OFF" depending on which option is on at the time.
07:15o_cee wich i thought the bottom alternative was for, to completely turn it off?
07:15Captain_Murdo| bottom option says ON though.
07:15o_cee don't really see why you want two options for turning it off?
07:16Captain_Murdo| not getting you. there is only 1 OFF and that disables everything.
07:16o_cee my top item says off?
07:17Captain_Murdo| yeah, and the other 2 don't
07:18o_cee yeah but there's not only 1 off that disables everything.. the top item here says that's its off, even though it's on.. heh.. yeah i'm confused :)
07:18Captain_Murdo| I think the "Auto-Skip" in front of everything is confusing things. Might be better if it was just "OFF", "Notify", "Pre-Notify", and "ON" with the invalid option greyed out.
07:18Captain_Murdo| why do you think it's ON right now? is Notify ON?
07:18o_cee yeah ok. but why do you need "Off" there as well?
07:19Captain_Murdo| so you can turn it OFF
07:19o_cee but i'd do that "globally" on the bottom one
07:19Captain_Murdo| if the program isn't flagged correctly, you might want to turn auto-skip off.
07:20Captain_Murdo| you can't have auto-skip ON and (pre)notify ON at the same time though, the 4 options are mutually exclusive.
07:20o_cee yeah but you can do that both there and the "Off" thingie at top now no? or the top one just controls if it should notify _as well_ as skipping?
07:21o_cee ok, put the "Auto-skip on/off" at the top to start with i think.
07:21o_cee then i would like to see a third level i think, but maybe that's not possible
07:22o_cee or just have one other alternative with pre-notify, notify, and don't notify
07:23o_cee does that make sense?
07:23Captain_Murdo| but if you turn on NOTIFY, you in-effect turn auto-skip OFF so that might be just as confusing to some people. it's like there are 4 levels of skip. off/pre-notify/notify/skip
07:24o_cee notify doesn't skip? pre-notify doesn't skip either?
07:25o_cee 4 levels of skip sounds like something easy to put in a menu though :)
07:25Captain_Murdo| no, they just notify, it's in the help text on the settings page I believe. they just notify so you can see if the show flagged correctly and hit Z if you want to skip
07:25Captain_Murdo| I guess it makes more sense to people who use notify than people who don't. I don't use either notify or auto-skip. :)
07:26o_cee so then you just need to put the current state in the main menu, with the possibility to change between the four different alternatives in the sub-menu...?
07:27o_cee since there's no way to indicate in the submenu what options is currently active, right?
07:27Captain_Murdo| so you're thinking "Commercial Auto-Skip <CURRENT_STATE>" then a submenu with Off/Pre-Notify/Notify/On
07:28Captain_Murdo| no way that I know of. I was going to look at the code to see if you could disable an option on the menu.
07:28o_cee yeah exactly, dunno if it'll fit
07:29o_cee if there would be an indication on what alternative is active the <CURRENT_STATE> won't be needed..
07:29o_cee guess that'd be nice for the aspect stuff as well
07:29Captain_Murdo| might be actually, there's a 'checkable' option when you create the menu item. not sure if that is a checkbox or if it means enable/disable
07:29Captain_Murdo| yeah.
07:29o_cee and timestretch
07:30o_cee dunno, Chutt ?
07:30o_cee those checks are used in mythmusic i think.. haven't used it in months so don't remember how they work
07:30o_cee but if you could make them exclusive it would work
07:31Captain_Murdo| the checkable is a checkbox. and you can set the checkbox on/off for an item. so the current option could have a checkbox.
07:31Captain_Murdo| have a check that is.
07:31o_cee yeah, that would work. just need to make the check "move" when selecting something new
07:34Captain_Murdo| there appears to maybe be another way to disable the active setting.
07:35stoffel_ hm, on a fresh installation (well one without a .mythtv/mysql.txt) shouldn't mythtv switch to the selected language before asking for the db details?
07:35o_cee okay.. still needs to be clearly visible what's active
07:35o_cee stoffel_, probably...
07:45--- <<-- CanadaBoy [] has quit (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
07:50Captain_Murdo| o_cee, I'll see what I can figure out. need to get another hour or so of sleep, had to get up to do maintenance on a server.
07:51o_cee Captain_Murdoch, allright, talk to you later :)
08:19--- User: *** splAt1 is now known as splat1
08:36--- <<-- Dibblah [] has quit (".")
08:44--- <<-- jeffpc [] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
08:52--- <--- lanzm [] has left #mythtv ()
09:01--- <<-- johnp [~jmp@] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
09:09--- <<-- kevin [] has quit (Nick collision from services.)
09:11--- ---> gixxer [] has joined #mythtv
09:17--- ---> CanadaBoy [] has joined #mythtv
09:17_rkulagow_ dopester: here?
09:20dopester yeah
09:20dopester not for long
09:20_rkulagow_ same compile failure as last night. i made sure i just re-synced with linux-dvb CVS
09:20dopester grr.. 2.6.11?
09:21_rkulagow_ if you got to go, then take off. i'll see if i can figure it out.
09:21_rkulagow_ yes, 2.6.11-rc3
09:21dopester did you use linuxdvb cvs?
09:21dopester you don't need to
09:21dopester i hope i didn't steer you wrong last night i was sorta out of it
09:21_rkulagow_ i did; just following the angel li page that you said you helped out on
09:21dopester 2.6.11 has my driver in it
09:21dopester so just use it vanilla
09:22_rkulagow_ ok, i'll give it another try.
09:22dopester if you want qam just patch the nxt2002.c file in /drivers/media/dvb/frontends/
09:22dopester let me make sure the qam patch is there
09:22_rkulagow_ ok
09:22dopester yeah just patch that file with nxt2002-qam.patch
09:23dopester i think dvb kernel is whats screwin ya
09:23dopester you still need to get the dvb-apps cvs for testing it with azap
09:23_rkulagow_ alright; i'm untarring the source tree again and start over
09:23dopester how long did ya mess with it?
09:24_rkulagow_ not too long; was watching tv mostly last night.
09:24dopester ahh ok good..
09:24dopester im wondering when chutt will try..
09:28jams dopester when will the qam stuff be in dvb-kernel cvs?
09:28dopester its in dvb-kernel now
09:28dopester but its apparently being feisty again
09:29dopester so easier to get 2.6.11 with my stuff and patch that kernel with the whopping 20-30 line patchfile for qam
09:30dopester i think the qam stuff should be in 2.6.12 since this went in 2.6.11
09:31dopester i assume dtk never gets on irc?
09:35jams if he does I don't know the handle
09:35dopester yeah im tiring of an email back and forth to him.. hhe i need to just talk to him for about 5 minutes about changing the fe/be protocol..
09:37dopester he probbably is smart to stay away from irc.. always sucks me in.. damn time sink..
09:37laga dopester: ack. ;)
09:38--- <<-- gixxer [] has quit ("using sirc version 2.211+KSIRC/1.3.11")
09:48--- <<-- thor__ [~thor@] has quit ("using sirc version 2.211+KSIRC/1.3.11")
09:48--- ---> thor_ [~thor@] has joined #mythtv
09:50--- ---> johnp [~jmp@] has joined #mythtv
09:55--- <<-- jeffpc_ [] has quit ("Client exiting")
09:57--- ---> KillerBunny [] has joined #mythtv
09:58_rkulagow_ dopester. vanilla 2.6.11-rc3 is still dying in the same place. in make menuconfig i made sure to only select the b2c2 (or whatever) card.
09:58_rkulagow_ drivers/media/video/saa7134/saa7134-dvb.c: In function `dvb_init':
09:58_rkulagow_ drivers/media/video/saa7134/saa7134-dvb.c:56: error: too few arguments to function `videobuf_dvb_register'
09:59--- ---> jasonb [] has joined #mythtv
10:19--- <<-- hadees [~hadees@hadees.sustaining.supporter.pdpc] has quit (Connection timed out)
10:22--- <<-- _rkulagow_ [] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
10:23--- ---> hadees [] has joined #mythtv
10:39--- <<-- rkulagow_ [] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
10:52o_cee bug #184 might want to try with latest cvs
11:11--- <<-- gr8nash [] has quit ()
11:12--- ---> gr8nash [] has joined #mythtv
11:17--- ---> sc00p [] has joined #mythtv
11:20--- ---> mecraw [~mecraw@] has joined #mythtv
11:22--- ---> Chang [] has joined #mythtv
11:39--- ---> KillerBun [] has joined #mythtv
11:39--- <<-- KillerBun [] has quit (Client Quit)
11:41--- <<-- jasonb [] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
11:48--- <<-- Wildgoose [] has quit ()
12:08--- ---> gfiend [] has joined #mythtv
12:16--- ---> _rkulagow_ [] has joined #mythtv
12:17--- <<-- Geckofiend [] has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
12:21--- ---> dakeyras_ [dake@] has joined #mythtv
12:21--- <<-- dakeyras [dake@] has quit (Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer))
12:28--- <<-- spellbinder [] has quit ("Leaving")
12:34--- ---> beavis [] has joined #mythtv
12:46--- <<-- Torq [] has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
12:54--- ---> petemo [] has joined #mythtv
12:58o_cee Chutt, those timestretch messages, shouldn't they be moved to vb_audio?
12:59Chutt playback
12:59Chutt or general, doesn't matter
13:00o_cee just thought it spammed general
13:00o_cee spits out message about it whenever you change it
13:00Chutt right
13:00Chutt it's fine there
13:01o_cee okay :)
13:02o_cee damn maintaining a website on a server without ssh and access to configfiles (and reeeaaly slow support) is really boring
13:03Beirdo :)
13:03Beirdo yeah
13:05o_cee and and Display Errors: OFF doesn't make it better
13:06--- User: *** johnp is now known as _johnp
13:14--- ---> RyanE [] has joined #mythtv
13:20o_cee heh oo takes some time to compile :P
13:28dopester _rkulagow_: i dont know what to say it works here.. are you making them as modules?
13:29_rkulagow_ i think that's the default.
13:29_rkulagow_ want me to try as compiled in?
13:29dopester no
13:29_rkulagow_ ok
13:29--- <--- _rkulagow_ [] has left #mythtv ()
13:29dopester no help for you! :)
13:29--- ---> _rkulagow_ [] has joined #mythtv
13:30_rkulagow_ huh. wonder what just happened
13:30dopester 2.6.11-rc3?
13:30_rkulagow_ yes
13:30dopester you got other v4l stuff in there maybe?
13:30dopester mine didnt even touch sa7134
13:30dopester er saa7134
13:30_rkulagow_ i'll take another look.
13:31_rkulagow_ yeah, it's build v4l stuff.
13:31_rkulagow_ philips saa7134 support is "M", with DVB Support for saa7134 based TV cards on "M" as well.
13:32_rkulagow_ i'd still need to build bt848 video for linux to get the tuner for ivtv, right? i'm assuming the rest can go.
13:33--- ---> jasonb [] has joined #mythtv
13:33dopester i suppose but im really not sure
13:34dopester well saa7134 is clearly whats failing so rip it out
13:34_rkulagow_ i restarted, so i'll see how it goes now
13:34dopester k
13:35_rkulagow_ also, aren't you supposed to be at work?
13:36dopester i had to come home
13:36dopester i got a leaky pipe in the wall so im waiting on some plumbers
13:36dopester so i can get my house all cut up... yeah
13:38_rkulagow_ well, it's into the scsi drivers, so i guess that was that.
13:38dopester there ya go
13:38dopester :)
13:46--- <--- RyanE [] has left #mythtv ()
13:47--- <<-- xadium [] has quit ("Using KVIrc 3.0.1 'System Virtue'")
13:48o_cee Chutt, there's alot of unmaintained translations btw.. only swe, jap, ger, fre that's somewhat active maintained..
13:48o_cee and nl
13:49o_cee si and fi is pretty ok too, but haven't been updated now prior to .17. ah well :)
13:54--- ---> nfsv4 [] has joined #mythtv
13:56--- <<-- petemo [] has quit ("The heart has its reasons which reason knows not of.")
14:07--- <<-- DonLKSAB [] has quit ()
14:19--- ---> Netslayer [] has joined #mythtv
14:31--- <<-- beavis [] has quit ("Leaving")
14:34--- <<-- Chang [] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
14:37--- ---> Dibblah [] has joined #mythtv
14:37--- <<-- CanadaBoy [] has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
14:45--- ---> beavis [] has joined #mythtv
14:46--- <<-- choenig [] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
14:50--- ---> tobo [] has joined #mythtv
14:53--- ---> choenig [] has joined #mythtv
14:53--- <<-- thor_ [~thor@] has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
14:55--- <<-- choenig [] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
15:02--- ---> choenig [] has joined #mythtv
15:06--- ---> DonLKSAB [] has joined #mythtv
15:10Captain_Murdo| o_cee, you around?
15:13--- ---> thor_ [~thor@] has joined #mythtv
15:16--- <<-- beavis [] has quit ("Leaving")
15:23--- ---> beavis [] has joined #mythtv
15:26o_cee Captain_Murdoch, yes
15:27Captain_Murdo| what do you think about the checkboxes in this:
15:27Captain_Murdo| sorry, wrong url.
15:28o_cee one sec
15:28o_cee you mean the checkboxes itself or the menu in whole?
15:29o_cee checkbox looks good, would be nice if you could switch between them without the menu shutting down as well i guess, if it doesn't do that already
15:30o_cee monster garage?
15:32Captain_Murdo| just the style of checkboxes, that's not the menu redone, just showing how the checkboxes would look.
15:33dopester look cool to me
15:33dopester captian_murdoch: get your air2pc yet?
15:33Captain_Murdo| that is dependent on how the tree works, not sure if you can change the state of a checkbox through the osdgenerictree
15:33--- ---> beablis [] has joined #mythtv
15:33Chutt i'm not sure if i ever tested checkboxes with the osd
15:33Captain_Murdo| dopester: should be here tomorrow. left Atlanta this morning headed this way.
15:34Captain_Murdo| Chutt: I don't think they work if you want to modify them but if you just want to display and have the OSD close when a new item is picked, then I think they work ok.
15:34o_cee would make a lot more sense to me at least
15:35Captain_Murdo| what? to close or to make the checkboxes work? I think the OSD menu closes when you pick pretty much anything except the aspect ratio currently.
15:36o_cee the checkboxes itself, generally
15:36o_cee how does the aspect ratio work?
15:36o_cee picking that is
15:37Captain_Murdo| aspect ratio stays open and you can just keep going up/down and hitting ENTER and it changes aspect. to exit you have to hit ESC
15:37Captain_Murdo| the TOGGLEASPECT section is the only one that sets "hidetree = false;" which keeps the tree open even after you hit ENTER on an item.
15:37o_cee dunno wich one is prefered for the comm stuff, maybe closing it down works just as well, guess it's nothing you need to really preview, and when you've made your choice you have..
15:38Captain_Murdo| well, with the comm stuff, it's not like you'll see a change right away. with the aspect stuff it is nice to be able to cycle through the various ones without having to keep reopening the OSD menu if you're trying to find the right aspect. (for people who don't have W mapped). :)
15:39o_cee yep, agree
15:41o_cee you might want to do other things in the menu though.. but it hasn't been like that before anyway so :)
15:41Captain_Murdo| Chutt, would it be OK if OSDGenericTree kept a pointer to the OSDListBtnTypeItem that was created for it so you can easily toggle the checked state of an OSDGenericTree item?
15:42Captain_Murdo| actually it's not that easy, nevermind. need a way to disable the other items when a new one is checked.
15:43--- ---> NemLappy^ [] has joined #mythtv
15:43o_cee hm, "begin transcoding" in the osd menu, might as well be deleted.. don't people do that from watch recs now anyway? there should be "start commflag" else as well hehe
15:44Captain_Murdo| o_cee, yeah, that's monster garage. I tried to capture it when the sign came on but missed it. :)
15:44o_cee Captain_Murdoch, hehe ;)
15:46--- <<-- beavis [] has quit (No route to host)
15:46dopester lord does mythgame even work?
15:51Captain_Murdo| ok, reload that image and see how it looks.
15:51Captain_Murdo| or should I get rid of the "Auto-Skip" on each item?
15:52--- ---> Torq [] has joined #mythtv
15:53Captain_Murdo| for another example with a different item checked....
16:06GeckoFiend_ dopester heh that's a good question
16:08dopester its like 100 lines of code to check the version of xmame im using
16:08dopester and somewhere in there it fails
16:09dopester force it to pass that check, and it just segvs loading games..
16:10dopester the "something is requesting a screen update of zero size" messages are nice too.. heh
16:17dopester lord im never going into #mythtv-users again
16:17dopester i can't handle the hair brained questions
16:17Beirdo I'm sure you'll be back :)
16:18dopester eventually.. i don't deserve to be asked "how do i use an antenna"
16:19Beirdo if he asked that in the channel itself, we'd have to kick him for not reading the topic.
16:19--- <<-- Dibblah [] has quit (Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer))
16:20GeckoFiend_ dopester nobody has really maintained MythGame in quite a while. It might be time to gut it and simplify things so it doesnt NEED maintained
16:20Beirdo in particular, the Please don't be a dumbass! Dammit! part
16:20dopester yeah whenever i get my new hd frontend setup i'll probbably want to make it work
16:20--- <<-- Netslayer [] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
16:20dopester seems like its way way way way to complicated
16:20Torq yeah some fuckwit in -users was asking how to receive -T with an antenna connected to a -C card.
16:21Chutt it shouldn't be handling options
16:21dopester xmamerc seems to do everything you need
16:21dopester which should make it versionless
16:22dopester GeckoFiend_: you have any interest in allocating some time to help me gut it one of these days?
16:22Torq you realise a lot of -users are children under 16.
16:23laga i dont think that many kids under 16 can set up mythtv ;)
16:24o_cee Captain_Murdoch, if you leav it like that you won't get into trouble with translations (i think they're all old strings)
16:24o_cee looks good to me
16:24--- ---> CanadaBoy [] has joined #mythtv
16:24Captain_Murdo| ok, trying to see if I can make it so you can change the checkbox like for the aspect ratio menu.
16:25o_cee Captain_Murdoch, but it's not possible to have autoskip AND pre-notify?
16:27Captain_Murdo| no, you can only have 1 of the 4 options active.
16:27o_cee okay :)
16:27Captain_Murdo| it's the same variable with 4 different values (0-3)
16:27--- ---> _FeNiX_ [] has joined #mythtv
16:27Captain_Murdo| s/variable/setting/
16:28o_cee allright
16:29--- ---> danf [] has joined #mythtv
16:30Torq laga: you'd be surprised...
16:30laga Torq: are there any official statistics?
16:36GeckoFiend_ dopester probably, I just got done meeting with my current client about reducing my level of involvement here. Starting a gradual reduction in days of work, with longer days I am here
16:37GeckoFiend_ They were releaved I was only reducing hours. They thought I was going to walk out on my contract. (something I've NEVER done).
16:38Beirdo GeckoFiend_: I've been sorely tempted to do that before
16:39GeckoFiend_ heh I get tempted at least once a week. I take a lot of pride in that every one of my previous clients has called me back for additional projects though. It's a nice selling point
16:39Beirdo thankfully, I was a full-time employee of the company that farmed me out.
16:39Beirdo I told my boss that I didn't care if he extended the contract or not, I'll be back in the office on this date
16:40GeckoFiend_ heh
16:40Beirdo he subsequently didn't extend the contract
16:40Beirdo that place wasn't a pleasant place to be.
16:44--- <<-- _FeNiX_ [] has quit ()
16:45--- ---> wseltzer [] has joined #mythtv
16:46Beirdo Welcome, wseltzer
16:48wseltzer thanks, Beirdo
16:49Beirdo it's pretty quiet on right now here. If you are interested in the -users channel, it's usually bustling, but you might get mobbed with silly questions. :)
16:49wseltzer I'm just hanging out while I get our HDTV setup in shape
16:50Beirdo Cool.
16:50wseltzer looking forward to .17, because it makes the setup so much easier to explain
16:51Torq yeah i'm so excited about .17
16:51Beirdo Well, if all goes well, should be in a day or two. Unless it gets pushed out again, but that's Isaac's call.
16:51Torq I still think we should be sending this out as a single package with all the plugins
16:51--- <<-- NemLappy^ [] has quit (Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer))
16:52Beirdo Torq: you take that up with Chutt.
16:52Beirdo it's his project to distribute however he wants
16:52Torq yes of course it is, I have my opinions though
16:53GeckoFiend_ opinions are like assholes...
16:54Captain_Murdo| Torq, I think he's mentioned before something about potentially going with to 2 packages. one being main mythfrontend/backend/etc. and the other would have all the plugins.
16:54Torq do give us the catchphrase...
16:54GeckoFiend_ and on that note I'm heading home to slave away on that new theme. see everyone in an houre or so
16:54Torq Capt_murdoch: thats an excellent idea.
16:54Beirdo Seeya, GeckoFiend_ :)
16:54GeckoFiend_ Torq everyone has one and most of them stink
16:55Torq dont all assholes stink?
16:55Torq have you met one that doesnt?
16:55* Beirdo sighs
16:56laga mine smells like flowers
16:56Beirdo Sig.
16:56Beirdo so tonight I think I'll get back to working on nuv2avi
16:57Beirdo see if I can't get the RT-JPEG conversion going
16:57dopester wseltzer: just remember who made it easier :)
16:58wseltzer dopester, you still haven't told me when you'll be in SF
16:58dopester might be a while.. i don't really have any plans.. but i will be doing some traveling..
16:58dopester you should go over to google and tell my cousin to return my call.. then again hes probbably rolling around in all the google shares he has now ;)
17:00Chutt heh
17:00dopester he was something like the 40th guy there
17:03--- User: *** beablis is now known as beavis
17:04Chutt nice
17:04Chutt i turned down interviewing for them last year :p
17:04Chutt didn't want to relocate to ca
17:05Beirdo to .ca or or either?
17:06Chutt static QRegExp rx(QString::fromLatin1("'[^']*'|:([a-zA-Z0-9_]+)"));
17:06Beirdo ahh
17:06Chutt Someone needs to go smack the idiot at trolltech that wrote that
17:07Captain_Murdo| Chutt, can you tell me if this is too off-base of a way to implement the ability to use checkboxes in groups as kind of radio buttons on the OSD menu...
17:08Chutt well, aside from the tabs in tv_play
17:08Chutt yeah
17:08Captain_Murdo| so the tabs are ok but the code is bad? :)
17:08Chutt looks reasonable
17:08Chutt oh, reverse my logic
17:09Captain_Murdo| ok. I'm going to commit that with code (minus the tabs) that will use checkboxes on the commercial skip, aspect ratio, and timetretch submenus.
17:09Chutt it works, too?
17:09Captain_Murdo| seems to be working nicely here.
17:09Captain_Murdo| yeah
17:09Chutt cool.
17:10Chutt changing all the QSqlQueries is going to suck.
17:10Captain_Murdo| the "group" ties together buttons and allows you to turn off the other buttons by calling OSDListTreeType::SetGroupCheckState, then it turns on the one you just selected.
17:11dopester chutt: when you going to get your air2pc working?
17:11Chutt maybe this weekend, unless i spend it playing games
17:11Beirdo After all the patching, you're due some game time, I'd say :)
17:13Chutt gotta finish suikoden 4
17:13Chutt because xenosaga 2 comes out pretty soon
17:14Torq never heard of those games...
17:14Torq have you finished half-life 2
17:14Chutt no
17:15Chutt have absolutely no desire to play fps style games
17:15laga well, you need to hang out in #mythtv-users then ;)
17:17Beirdo heh. That would give him the desire to shoot users, not play FPS games
17:18laga hehe
17:20Chutt heh
17:20Torq how is xenosaga not a fps game?
17:20Chutt it's a rpg?
17:22Torq looks like an interesting game, just looking at the screenshots
17:22--- ---> xris [] has joined #mythtv
17:24--- <--- xris [] has left #mythtv ()
17:30--- ---> Wiko [] has joined #mythtv
17:36--- ---> Dibblah [] has joined #mythtv
17:42--- <<-- tobo [] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
17:44--- ---> dem [] has joined #mythtv
17:44--- <--- dem [] has left #mythtv ("Leaving")
17:48Chutt yay, last conference call of the day's over
17:48--- <<-- beavis [] has quit ("Leaving")
17:49o_cee :]
17:53Torq msn is really broken
17:54o_cee been down all day
17:55Torq their status page returns an error too
17:55o_cee couldn't find any
17:55dopester just use something else.. msn is crap.. its done this so many times before
17:55Torq its on your msn client menu
17:56dopester like yesterday even :)
17:56o_cee Torq, in gaim?
17:56o_cee got jabber and some other stuff as well ;)
17:58--- <<-- Levia [] has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
18:23--- <<-- hadees [~hadees@hadees.sustaining.supporter.pdpc] has quit (Connection timed out)
18:36--- ---> stoffel [] has joined #mythtv
18:39--- <<-- stoffel_ [] has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
18:47o_cee Chutt, is it a problem if i assume that <sub-title> comes in the beginning of <programme>? i want to use <episode-num system="onscreen"> and put that in subtitle if it's empty, but to do it 100% properly i'd need to put it outside the loop and check if subtitle is empty.. no problem with the easy way for the swedish data, dunno if the tag exists in any other grabber
18:48o_cee or i could remove the = "" check from the sub-title filling.. if there's two sub-titles it might as well use either one hehe
18:56--- User: *** gfiend is now known as Geckofiend
18:58Geckofiend hmm any idea why we have a rec status indicator in the previously recorded screen? Shouldn't they all say "not recording"?
19:00o_cee previously recorded? don't think i've ever looked at that screen, heh. but no sounds odd
19:00o_cee Chutt, no opinion? then i'll just throw it in the simple way assuming nice formatted xmltv like we have ;)
19:03Geckofiend I *might* have one of the UI gurus I work with talked into tweaking my themes. The man has such an amazing eye for layout and color it's not even funny. I could spend all day polishing something and he could spend an hour repolishing it and showing me just how bad a job I did
19:04o_cee :)
19:04o_cee sounds nice
19:04--- ---> rkulagow_ [] has joined #mythtv
19:04o_cee i'll be remaking gant when we got mythui, don't know if i'll touch it before then
19:05dopester where you work gecko?
19:10Torq Apple? :) I wish, it would be nice to have a jonathan ive designed interface for myth ;)
19:17Geckofiend ahhhh now I see why there's a rec status indicator. the same screen is reused for the "list upcoming episodes" screen.
19:26--- <<-- kurre2_ [] has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
19:26--- <<-- tomimo [] has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
19:46dopester i can't get mythgame to work to save my life.. lotsa segfaults.. boy its bad
19:47o_cee uhm, a show about cars.. what category do you get that in? can't seem to find a matching cat
19:47o_cee new cars, test of cars and so on :)
19:54--- ---> hadees [] has joined #mythtv
19:56o_cee and how does DD handle categories like Science Fiction-Comedy?
19:57Beirdo can you give me an example of a show to look at, o_cee?
19:57o_cee that was a movie called uhm "Beer from space" hehe
19:58o_cee the first thing.. maybe you've got "Top Gear"? bbc-produced car-program
19:58Beirdo let me check
19:58o_cee movie called: Everyone Says I Love You wich says Musical-Comedy here..
19:58Beirdo OK, no Top Gear
19:59Beirdo let me check on Speedvision
19:59Beirdo there's always car stuff there
19:59o_cee k
20:00Beirdo Category Auto
20:00Beirdo That's for Car Crazy
20:00o_cee yeah, wich would mean that you don't get any color for it right?
20:00Beirdo it's brown in mythweb
20:01o_cee yeah it uses other criterias
20:01o_cee seperated from the frontend
20:01Beirdo and many other ones show up as "Sports non-event"
20:01o_cee damn my mouse turned red (battery) heheheh
20:01Beirdo heh
20:02Beirdo I had mine die mid-game last week
20:02o_cee heheh, well guess that's a sign to go to bed..
20:03Beirdo "Sports Car Revolution" lists as "Sports non-event"
20:04o_cee odd cat
20:04o_cee you didn't have "Beer from space" ? :)
20:04o_cee maybe that's not the right title
20:05Beirdo let me check
20:05o_cee example: three categories.. my data says Musical-Comedy.. hmm tricky
20:06Beirdo hehe, no beer from space, sounds interesting though
20:07o_cee :P
20:11mikegrb mmmm beer
20:13--- <--- gr8nash [] has left #mythtv ()
20:13--- ---> gr8nash [] has joined #mythtv
20:15--- <<-- linuxwhore [] has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
20:22--- ---> Baylink [] has joined #mythtv
20:27GreyFoxx yay, mythfrontend died. That's twice in 2 days. Anyone out there seeing it crash as well?
20:28--- ---> gfiend [] has joined #mythtv
20:35Beirdo mine has been occasionally when I quit a playing recording mid-way saying to delete
20:35Beirdo haven't taken the time to debug it yet
20:36Beirdo and it's not completely repeatable
20:36--- <<-- Geckofiend [] has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
20:36wseltzer Question: Who sets the default RSS feeds? -- I'd like to add EFF's
20:37wseltzer (in mythnews)
20:37GreyFoxx Beirdo, mine died last night and just now. I grabbed a bt this time though
20:37Beirdo excellent
20:37GreyFoxx Though looking at it I think it's a threading issue
20:38GreyFoxx but I'll send it to the -dev list soon
20:38Beirdo I need to add a ulimit -c ${HUGE_NUMBER} to my startup script
20:39GreyFoxx heh
20:42o_cee g'night!
20:43Beirdo night, o_cee
20:50--- <<-- CanadaBoy [] has quit (Connection timed out)
20:51--- ---> BlackBsd [] has joined #MythTv
20:52--- <<-- drd [] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
20:52--- ---> cmorgan [] has joined #mythtv
20:55--- ---> tomimo [] has joined #mythtv
20:57--- ---> kurre2_ [] has joined #mythtv
20:58--- <<-- choenig [] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
21:08--- <<-- mecraw [~mecraw@] has quit ()
21:13--- ---> drd [] has joined #mythtv
21:14--- <--- wseltzer [] has left #mythtv ()
21:18--- <--- BlackBsd [] has left #MythTv ("Leaving")
21:19--- ---> gr8nash-home [] has joined #mythtv
21:33--- <<-- drd [] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
21:38--- ---> linuxwhore [] has joined #mythtv
21:38--- <<-- linuxwhore [] has quit (Client Quit)
21:38--- ---> linuxwhore [] has joined #mythtv
21:40rkulagow_ dopester: here?
21:40dopester yep
21:40dopester please tell me ya got it working
21:40rkulagow_ hey, just setting up my
21:40rkulagow_ well, i got the kernel compiled, but can't reboot until later. gilmore girls, scrubs, etc.
21:40dopester heh
21:41dopester reboot during a commercial :)
21:41rkulagow_ i've got a bunch of different "frontend.h"'s in /usr/src now. there's the one that was downloaded from linux-dvb CVS, there's the one that came with 2.6.11-rc3
21:41rkulagow_ the note in isn't clearing things up for me
21:42dopester yeah i think that comment made it even less clear than before
21:42dopester either headers should work fine
21:43rkulagow_ i'm just doing a visual grep right now. looks like there are a bunch of whitespace changes, but let me just finish
21:44dopester INCLUDEPATH += /usr/src/linux-2.6.10/include
21:44dopester thats how mine is
21:44dopester the headers rarely change
21:44dopester adding atsc to frontend.h (by me) is the first time most of that stuff got changed in a year or more
21:45rkulagow_ your includepath contradicts " Note: This _must not_ be your linux kernel source includes. "
21:46rkulagow_ or am i reading incorrectly?
21:46dopester it might be.. i dunno if i paid any attention to the text
21:47dopester yeah one of those 2 notes needs to be gone
21:47dopester who added that.. hrmm..
21:48rkulagow_ i'm compiling now.
21:49dopester went in in 1.92
21:49dopester dtk swore linking into the kernel was bad
21:49dopester chutt said he didn't know either way
21:50dopester the only time ive seen it be a problem is when the path is wrong
21:50rkulagow_ well, since i haven't installed the hardware it'll need to be tonight anyway
21:50--- <<-- Forty| [] has quit (Connection timed out)
21:50Anduin it is bad, but sometimes necessary
21:50dopester dtk wanted to put the dvb headers into the mythtree
21:51dopester but that would be very bad only cause of my atsc additions
21:51Anduin do they not yet have friendly userspace headers for it?
21:51dopester im ok with copy and set that as the dir
21:51dopester dont think so
21:55--- <<-- tomimo [] has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
21:55--- <<-- jasonb [] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
21:58--- ---> tomimo [] has joined #mythtv
22:06rkulagow_ dopester: seems to have compiled fine
22:06--- <<-- johnnyST [] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
22:08dopester good ;)
22:15--- ---> johnnyST [] has joined #mythtv
22:16--- ---> HRearden [] has joined #mythtv
22:29--- ---> CanadaBoy [] has joined #mythtv
22:52--- ---> digi [] has joined #mythtv
22:53digi hi everyone
22:53--- <--- digi [] has left #mythtv ("Leaving")
22:55--- <<-- HRearden [] has quit ("Leaving")
23:10--- ---> _hamsta [] has joined #mythtv
23:24--- ---> Utopiste [] has joined #mythtv
23:26--- <<-- Hamstaman [] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
23:26--- Netsplit <-> quits: tomimo, Dibblah, sc00p, Captain_Murdoch
23:26--- Netsplit <-> quits: Octane, Torq, benc-, ShockValue, euphobot, l0ser, aliz_, Snow-Man
23:27--- Netsplit over, joins: Dibblah, Captain_Murdoch, tomimo, Torq, sc00p, ShockValue, euphobot, Snow-Man, benc-, Octane (+2 more)
23:28--- <--- Utopiste [] has left #mythtv ("Leaving")
23:32--- ---> Forty| [] has joined #mythtv
23:38--- ---> pixiepaul [] has joined #mythtv
23:38pixiepaul hey
23:38pixiepaul can anyone help with something
23:38gr8nash-home | #mythtv-users
23:38gr8nash-home | ill help you there if i can
23:39pixiepaul does anyone know how to get the file that suse needs
23:39pixiepaul ok cheers
23:40--- ---> jeffpc [] has joined #mythtv
23:41--- ---> LLyric [] has joined #mythtv
23:44--- <<-- Baylink [] has quit ("User disconnected")
23:49--- ---> Mrgoose [] has joined #mythtv
23:56--- ---> Netslayer [] has joined #mythtv
---Logclosed Wed Feb 09 00:00:07 2005