Back to Home / #mythtv / 2007 / 01 / Prev Day | Next Day
#mythtv IRC Logs for 2007-01-31

---Logopened Wed Jan 31 00:00:28 2007
00:39|-|adante [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
00:39|-|adante [] has joined #mythtv
01:29|-|Snow-Man_ [] has joined #mythtv
01:33|-|sc00p_ [] has joined #mythtv
01:36<xris>Chutt: you still awake?
01:37<xris>you ever think of setting up something at cafepress for tshirts, etc?
01:40|-|jams [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
01:40|-|Skiingsean_out [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
01:40|-|Cardoe [n=Cardoe@gentoo/developer/Cardoe] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
01:42|-|Snow-Man [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
01:43|-|jmk [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
01:43|-|gr8nash [n=andy@] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
01:44|-|jams [] has joined #mythtv
01:44|-|sc00p [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
01:44|-|jmk [] has joined #mythtv
01:44|-|gr8nash [n=andy@] has joined #mythtv
01:45|-|Skiingsean [] has joined #mythtv
01:46|-|Cardoe [n=Cardoe@gentoo/developer/Cardoe] has joined #mythtv
01:55|-|Chutt [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
02:09|-|JoeyBorn [n=rootmeis@] has joined #mythtv
02:11|-|JoeBorn [n=rootmeis@] has quit [Nick collision from services.]
02:11|-|JoeyBorn changed nick to JoeBorn
02:26|-|xris [] has quit ["Leaving."]
02:27|-|degreseven [] has quit ["Leaving"]
03:03|-|stuarta [n=stuart@unaffiliated/stuarta] has joined #mythtv
03:04|-|slaine_ [n=glengray@] has joined #mythtv
03:25<gbee|sleep>Captain_Murdoch: #2826 - currently transcoding state icons aren't supported in the code, I did promise someone that I would implement the code if they supplied the icons
03:26<gbee|sleep>only think is I didn't much like the icons in #2826
03:26|-|gbee|sleep changed nick to gbee
03:54|-|Chutt [] has joined #mythtv
05:00<Captain_Murdoch>gbee: there already is a FL_TRANSCODED flag and "transcoded" theme icon value that can be used. it doesn't support showing which profile was used to transcode, but it should show the state.
05:04[~]Captain_Murdoch is afk
05:13<gbee>doesn't show that a transcoding is in progress, which was iirc the main thing that this guy was after (as we already show when commflagging is running)
05:15<gbee>I didn't imagine they would also want to know which profile was used, imho that isn't something worth illustrating through icons but maybe I'm wrong
05:30|-|MoRpHeUz [n=morphbr@] has joined #mythtv
05:56|-|MrGandalf [] has quit ["Leaving"]
06:02|-|LLyricWork [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
06:25|-|aevil [] has joined #mythtv
06:28|-|slaine_ [n=glengray@] has left #mythtv []
07:00|-|Snow-Man_ changed nick to Snow-Man
07:38|-|Merlin83b2 changed nick to Merlin83b
07:48|-|rtsai [] has joined #mythtv
07:53|-|rtsai1111 [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
08:00|-|Cardoe [n=Cardoe@gentoo/developer/Cardoe] has quit ["Leaving"]
08:10|-|prg3 [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
08:11|-|prg3 [] has joined #mythtv
08:20<MoRpHeUz>GreyFoxx, CDev: ping
08:27|-|Cardoe [n=cardoe@gentoo/developer/Cardoe] has joined #mythtv
08:57|-|MrGandalf [] has joined #mythtv
09:01|-|prg3_ [] has joined #mythtv
09:04|-|prg3 [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
09:25|-|jgarvey [] has joined #mythtv
09:29|-|hexa [n=hexa@] has joined #mythtv
09:29|-|hexa [n=hexa@] has left #mythtv ["Leaving"]
10:10|-|gbee [] has left #mythtv ["Gone"]
10:17|-|DrNickRiviera [] has joined #mythtv
10:29|-|bkhl [] has joined #mythtv
10:29<bkhl>Has anyone here used a Tvix?
10:29<bkhl>Oh, sorry.
10:29|-|bkhl [] has left #mythtv ["Killed buffer"]
11:30|-|stuarta [n=stuart@unaffiliated/stuarta] has quit ["leaving"]
11:31|-|cattelan changed nick to cattelan_away
11:32|-|fysa [] has left #mythtv ["Leaving"]
11:50|-|aevil^aw [] has joined #mythtv
11:52|-|aevil [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
11:57|-|j-rod [i=jarod@nat/redhat/x-aa28c8915b2a79ca] has quit [Excess Flood]
11:57|-|j-rod [i=ijarod@nat/redhat/x-5ec57154b77d9b8e] has joined #mythtv
12:14|-|gbee [] has joined #mythtv
12:27|-|DrNickRiviera [] has quit ["Leaving."]
12:29|-|xris [] has joined #mythtv
12:40|-|mikechml [n=mike@unaffiliated/mikechml] has left #mythtv ["Leaving"]
12:44|-|rabid [] has joined #mythtv
12:50<xris>Chutt: you see my note last night about cafepress stuff?
12:52<j-rod>xris: argh, I apparently have some shit to do before I can reply to pm's now...
12:52<j-rod>who said I was going to LFNW? :)
12:52<j-rod>I'm not a sure thing yet, but working on it
12:53<xris>I just registered a mythtv booth, and the organizer who wrote me back said that you were planning to show up
12:54<j-rod>Mark Ashworth?
12:54<xris>offered to put me in touch with you, but I didn't really need that. :)
12:54<xris>yeah, that looks right
12:54<j-rod>I'm trying to work a "What's new in RHEL5" angle to get my tab picked up
12:54<j-rod>but nothing confirmed yet
12:55<xris>well, if you manage to make it out, the mythtv table would love to have your company. :)
12:55<j-rod>I'm definitely game
12:56<xris>kormoc and I are trying to figure out how to set something up... if nothing else, I think we can borrow some gear from simech, and I can drag my 22" lcd from home.
12:56<xris>but we figured that we should go along since travel is free, and maybe we can swing a hotel room out of simech
12:56<j-rod>I've got a shuttle cube I've been dragging to and fro for mythtv crap all over here
12:56<j-rod>did a lug thing two weeks ago
12:57<xris>yeah, his box is a shuttle-alike
12:57<j-rod>a lunch session in the office today
12:57<j-rod>another lug next month
12:57<j-rod>an htpc users group meeting after that
12:57<GreyFoxx>Now that would be interesting to attend
12:57<j-rod>the htpc users group?
12:58<j-rod>(its at the microsoft building in Waltham, no less...)
12:58<GreyFoxx>I'd love to see what others are doing, what kind of gear they are using for players and such
12:58<xris>I've often thought about adding a "my mythbox" section to the wiki for stuff like that
12:59<xris>but my setup is so pitiful that I wouldn't want to be the first. :)
13:03<xris>but in the spirit of trade show stuff, I was thinking that maybe mythtv should get a cafepress acct and sell some tshirts or something. I'd actually like to just have one or two.
13:04<gardengnome>you can already get shirts. and thongs.
13:04<gardengnome>i know how much you guys love forums.
13:04|-|stuarta [n=stuarta@unaffiliated/stuarta] has joined #mythtv
13:04<xris>but would be nice to have a small bit of money available to cover stuff like knopmyth cds, etc.
13:04<xris>gardengnome: what's a forum?
13:05<Chutt>quality issues with cafepress, i believe.
13:05<xris>well, there are other similar services, no?
13:06<xris>anyway, just something that crossed my mind. would be cool to have a mythtv shirt on while working the mythtv table at a show.
13:06<xris>and could bring in some money for testing gear for devs, etc. but of course, it would also probably mean more $$ work for you to deal with.
13:07<Chutt>i don't like paying extra taxes :p
13:08<xris>yeah. wouldn't want you to have to do that
13:09<xris>and setting up a nonprofit brings all kinds of other crap to the table
13:22<Chutt>i dunno
13:27|-|luna6 [] has quit ["Leaving"]
13:34<xris>Chutt: well, it's obviously the biggest issue for you, since it would either mean more taxes, or setting up a nonprofit. I can totally understand if you're not interested.
13:37<janneg>Chutt: I think I found the change that broke mpeg4
13:38<janneg>compiling now
13:38<Chutt>xris, could do a limited run at some place for developers or somethin
13:39<Chutt>janneg, great =)
13:39<xris>yeah. gets expensive, though.
13:39<Chutt>eh, i wouldn't have a problem with that
13:40<xris>do we have any way to track down a high-res version of the logo? (was there ever one?)
13:40<gardengnome>i think juski made one
13:40<janneg>someone (juski?) created a svg
13:41<xris>janneg: it's not quite right, though
13:43<xris>Chutt: btw:
13:43<Chutt>i don't like the boxes on the upper right
13:44<xris>yeah, other people have said the same
13:44<Chutt>and i'd like to see what the text would look like for the main content :p
13:44<xris>they don't match the rest
13:44<stuarta>janneg: re last_coeff_flag_offset_8x8, jwestfall said the other night that debug builds were triggering it...
13:44<stuarta>just trying it now
13:44<xris>I'm still trying to figure out how to get that header to work for ALL sites at trac, wiki, etc.
13:44<xris>would be nice to have a unified menu system
13:51<janneg>stuarta: yes, since debug builds are without PIC
13:52<stuarta>the changeset to remove the static fixes it then?
13:53<janneg>yes, but it's just a hack to fix it
13:54<Cardoe>Chutt: so got any ideas on a 0.21 release? ;)
13:55[~]stuarta suspects we aren't close to ready
13:55<Chutt>i'm too busy, too.
13:55<Cardoe>I've been crazy busy myself.
13:55<Cardoe>but some more fixes from trunk need to go to 0-20-fixes
13:55<Cardoe>I've been poking GreyFoxx about certain UPnP fixes
13:56<stuarta>thought he'd backported them already?
13:56<Chutt>the fixes needed for upnp aren't simple :p
13:56<Chutt>the simple ones are backported, the more complex ones shouldn't really go into a fixes branch
13:56<xris>mythweb's somewhat of a mess at the moment, too.
13:56<Cardoe>stuarta: He backported the set I poked him about a few weeks ago
13:56<stuarta>did most of them as he wrote them...
13:57<stuarta>hmmm, just broke my frontend :(
13:57<stuarta>suspect it's cause i'm trying to seek backwards while the backend is busy doing i/o
13:58<stuarta>okay that's a new one "[mpeg2video @ 0xc3367008]current_picture not initialized"
14:02<gbee>stuarta: that's the one I've been seeing, although I'm not certain the error is actually related to the hangs
14:03<janneg>Chutt: ffmpeg changesets 6942 (and 6953) cause the error
14:04<janneg>gbee: I've seen that error a couple of times too but never experienced frontend hangs/crashes
14:05<stuarta>gbee: it causes AFD to receive an unknown error
14:05<stuarta>how that gets handled is an interesting question...
14:09<Chutt>janneg, ah
14:09<Chutt>so just ifdeffing out that while (v<0xFF) loop fixes it?
14:10<janneg>I don't know, I've reverted the whole changesets
14:10<Chutt>do you happen to have a non .nuv file that shows the problem?
14:10<Chutt>can report it to the ffmpeg guys that way..
14:12<janneg>no, but the nuv file played with ffplay doesn't show the error
14:13<janneg>ifdeffing the while loop is enough
14:14<Chutt>it probably needs another condition added to that break statement
14:15<Chutt>what that'd be, who knows =)
14:18|-|aevil^aw [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
14:18<stuarta>Chutt: looks like myth's mailserver has been classed as a spam source (re: David Engel's mail)
14:19<Chutt>they keep blocking it because the forward and reverse dns don't match exactly.
14:19<stuarta>or that :)
14:20<Chutt>well, that isn't the reverse dns for the ip
14:20<stuarta>s/exactly/ at all/
14:20<Chutt>this is the 3rd time
14:20|-|beavis [] has joined #mythtv
14:21<stuarta>bunch of eedjits
14:21<xris>Chutt: that's lame.
14:21<Chutt>because postfix says it's, they say the reverse dns for that ip must be
14:21<xris>though it's usually nice when they match
14:21<stuarta>yeah, guess it cuts down on spam.
14:21<GreyFoxx>Nice yeah, but there is no requirement for it
14:22|-|wylie [] has joined #mythtv
14:22<stuarta>(given what i see in my email logs at the office it would...)
14:23<stuarta>alternatively would making CNAME help?
14:23<stuarta>though it would look ugly
14:24<Chutt>i don't know details :p
14:25<stuarta>at the end of the day it's their issue.
14:41|-|aevil [] has joined #mythtv
15:09<Cardoe>sorry disappeared for a bit.
15:09<Cardoe>some of the fixes are simple that still need to be backported
15:09<Cardoe>the word "RANGE" needs to be "range"
15:09<Cardoe>and the missing word "bytes" in one of the responses.
15:09<Cardoe>ends up fixing fast forwarding for me and someone else.
15:09<Cardoe>It's already on the head branch
15:14<GreyFoxx>I'll take a look at getting those in there
15:14<GreyFoxx>I'm curious, what player are you using ?
15:15<MoRpHeUz>any ideas abou this ?
15:15<MoRpHeUz>2007-01-31 18:14:41.788 This app was compiled against libmyth version: 0.20.20070124-1
15:15<MoRpHeUz> but the library is version: 0.20.20070122-1
15:15<MoRpHeUz> You probably want to recompile everything, and do a
15:15<MoRpHeUz> 'make distclean' first.
15:15<MoRpHeUz>already did what the msg told me to do...
15:15<Chutt>no, you didn't.
15:15<Chutt>you also haven't read the topic. :p
15:16<MoRpHeUz>Chutt: yes, I read hehe
15:16<MoRpHeUz>I'm coded a lib
15:16<MoRpHeUz>and I'm trying to compile using that lib....
15:16<MoRpHeUz>after that I'm receiving this msg...
15:16<MoRpHeUz>I'm coded = I'm coding
15:17<Chutt>what's that have to do with myth?
15:17<MoRpHeUz>the lib if for myth
15:17<Chutt>we're not really here to teach people how to link against libraries.
15:17<MoRpHeUz>as I talked to GreyFoxx before, I'm creating a lib to transcode live content...
15:17|-|MrGandalf [] has quit ["home"]
15:18<MoRpHeUz>I'm not asking you to teach me...I'm asking you if after doing what the msg said to do and nothing happened, if someone has an idea..
15:18<MoRpHeUz>because libmyth is the same....
15:18<MoRpHeUz>didnt change that...
15:18<Chutt>as the message says, you compiled against a version of myth that's different than you're linking against.
15:19<MoRpHeUz>I just have one version of libmyth...
15:19<MoRpHeUz>(svn one)
15:19<MoRpHeUz>already did:
15:19<Chutt>sure you do.
15:19<MoRpHeUz>make uninstall && make distclean && make
15:19<Chutt>there's only one way to get that message.
15:19<MoRpHeUz>make install
15:20<MoRpHeUz>this is why I dont understand why what is happening...
15:22<MoRpHeUz>anyway, solved the was an error inside my library...nothing to deal with libmyth..
15:22<Chutt>err, were you hardcoding the libmyth version number?
15:23<MoRpHeUz>yeah...took the wrong file...took the one that I was doing some tests...
15:33<Snow-Man>xris, Chutt: You guys, if you want, might be able to use SPI to handle the funds and whatnot.
15:33|-|purserj [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
15:36<xris>Snow-Man: there was some chatter on the summer of code list about groups that do that kind of thing, too.
15:37<xris>I assume you're talking about the and not the plastics company?
15:38<xris>ah. different one, still
15:39<janneg> seems to be a pro software patent lobby group
15:39<stuarta>xris: there's an issue with building the perl bindings...
15:39<stuarta>you get "chmod: changing permissions of `blib/lib': Operation not permitted" when building as a non privileged user
15:40<xris>stuarta: odd. those directories are created during build
15:41<xris>I've never had any issue with it, either. I never build as root
15:41<stuarta>lemme check if it's cause of a previous make install
15:41<stuarta>ahah! that'll be because i've previously done make install as root (when they weren't being built by default)
15:43<stuarta>yep that was it. false alarm. sorry bout that...
15:43<xris>stuarta: I also have a friend who works for, which seems to do similar stuff.
15:44[~]stuarta is guessing that was for Snow-Man
15:45<xris>stuarta: yes. for Snow-Man and janneg. my bad
15:46|-|purserj [] has joined #mythtv
15:46<Snow-Man> seems to have a somewhat more nebulous mission. :)
15:46[~]Snow-Man shrugs.
15:46<Snow-Man>Ain't my thing, just throwing it out there.
15:47<xris>Snow-Man: yeah. I think tides does mostly charity stuff. though they are working with some of the (former?) wikimedia people on citizendium now.
15:57|-|dapper-daniel [] has joined #mythtv
15:59|-|dapper-daniel [] has left #mythtv ["Konversation terminated!"]
16:09|-|rabid [] has quit ["Leaving"]
16:26|-|t0ny-p40 [n=tony2@] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
16:28<stuarta>janneg: finished with the build environment on my box?
16:28<janneg>stuarta: yes
16:29|-|rtsai1111 [] has joined #mythtv
16:35<gbee>any opinions on #2935, in particular the method used (changing pushbuttons into checkboxes)?
16:36<stuarta>janneg: thanks. i'll clean it up. doing backup & the backup has less space :-/
16:43|-|DrNickRiviera [] has joined #mythtv
16:45<xris>woot. looks like we might be able to get the plasma from work to bring to linuxfest. and maybe a quad core extreme proc for the demo box. lol
16:46|-|rtsai [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
17:05<gbee>xris: definately helps grab the attention if you've got a big TV in the booth
17:05|-|Cardoe [n=cardoe@gentoo/developer/Cardoe] has quit ["Leaving"]
17:06<stuarta>yeah, definitely helped in London when we did the show
17:06<mikegrb>our some nearly naked ladies
17:06<xris>well, table. event isn't big enough to have booths. heh
17:06|-|beavis [] has quit ["Verlassend"]
17:06<stuarta>room for a couch???
17:07<xris>lol, maybe.
17:10|-|DrNickRiviera [] has quit ["Leaving."]
17:11|-|DrNickRiviera [n=riviera@] has joined #mythtv
17:20<stuarta>okay. why does the same set of files consume more disk space under XFS then under reiserfs
17:21<stuarta>yet the raw capacity under XFS seems better?
17:23|-|jgarvey [] has quit ["Leaving"]
17:41|-|aevil [] has quit ["Verlassend"]
17:50|-|MoRpHeUz [n=morphbr@] has quit ["Leaving..."]
17:53|-|stuarta [n=stuarta@unaffiliated/stuarta] has quit ["zzzzzzz"]
18:46|-|qwehnce [] has joined #mythtv
18:47|-|qwehnce [] has left #mythtv ["Leaving"]
18:51|-|MrGandalf [] has joined #mythtv
18:56|-|Defend changed nick to defend
19:03|-|CDev [] has quit ["Trillian ("]
19:08|-|CDev [] has joined #mythtv
20:12|-|Boney [] has joined #mythtv
20:12|-|Boney [] has left #mythtv []
20:33|-|cattelan_away changed nick to cattelan
20:44|-|LLyricWork [] has joined #mythtv
20:50|-|gbee [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
20:52|-|xris [] has quit [""]
20:54|-|defend changed nick to Defend
21:01|-|MrGandalv [] has joined #mythtv
21:01|-|MrGandalf [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
21:03|-|JoeyBorn [] has joined #mythtv
21:14|-|CDev [] has quit ["Trillian ("]
21:15|-|Cardoe [n=Cardoe@gentoo/developer/Cardoe] has joined #mythtv
21:19|-|CDev [] has joined #mythtv
21:23|-|JoeBorn [n=rootmeis@] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
21:36|-|DrNickRiviera [n=riviera@] has quit ["Leaving."]
21:40|-|CharlieSu [] has joined #mythtv
21:46|-|Skiingsean [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
22:01<GreyFoxx>raiod: huh ?
22:02|-|CDev [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
22:06|-|riksta [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
22:08|-|CDev [] has joined #mythtv
22:11|-|Cardoe [n=Cardoe@gentoo/developer/Cardoe] has quit ["Leaving"]
22:13|-|CDev [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
22:21|-|JoeXBorn [n=rootmeis@] has joined #mythtv
22:23|-|CDev [] has joined #mythtv
22:23|-|CDev [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
22:34|-|CDev [] has joined #mythtv
22:38|-|Nem^1 [] has joined #mythtv
22:43|-|JoeyBorn [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
22:54|-|JoeXBorn changed nick to JoeBorn
22:56|-|Nem^ [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
22:56|-|Nem^1 changed nick to Nem^
23:23|-|gnome42 [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
23:29|-|fatrhino [] has joined #mythtv
23:30|-|CDev [] has quit ["Trillian ("]
23:31|-|degreseven [] has joined #mythtv
23:54|-|CDev [] has joined #mythtv
23:58|-|xris [] has joined #mythtv
---Logclosed Thu Feb 01 00:00:11 2007