Back to Home / #mythtv / 2008 / 01 / Prev Day | Next Day
#mythtv IRC Logs for 2008-01-02

---Logopened Wed Jan 02 00:00:47 2008
00:01|-|larzen [] has joined #mythtv
00:06|-|dans91 [] has quit ["Leaving..."]
00:10|-|mrdigital-deskto [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
00:11|-|mzb_d800 [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
00:11|-|mzb [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
00:12|-|mzb [] has joined #mythtv
00:15|-|larzen [] has left #mythtv []
00:42|-|mzb_d800 [] has joined #mythtv
00:54|-|Toxicity999 [n=bryan@unaffiliated/Toxicity999] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
00:57|-|mrdigital [] has joined #mythtv
00:58|-|mzb_d800 [] has quit [Connection timed out]
01:03|-|reynaldo [] has quit ["Lost terminal"]
01:06|-|reynaldo [] has joined #mythtv
01:35|-|roothorick [] has joined #mythtv
01:36<roothorick>reegarding my cablee box... the plot thickens
01:36<roothorick>desperate to get the 4250HDC talking to anything, I installed XP in a 3GB partition in the back and tried a driver I found
01:37<roothorick>all the driver has managed to do so far is turn the box on
01:41<roothorick>furthermore, I can't find reference to anyone with my particular box pulling video out of it with any software and/or OS
01:42<roothorick>mayb the 4250HDC is just too new?
01:42<roothorick>...why didn't anyone tell me I was in the wrong channel?
01:51|-|Toxicity999 [n=bryan@unaffiliated/Toxicity999] has joined #mythtv
01:54|-|htpcdvbs [] has quit [Connection timed out]
02:17|-|aevil [] has joined #mythtv
02:18<roothorick>are there any reports of the SciAl Explorer 4250HDC working with MythTV? I can't get ANY piece of software to talk to mine
02:20<roothorick>where I'm going with this is, I'm willing to help out with getting this STB supported in any way I can
02:27|-|jhulst [n=jhulst@unaffiliated/jhulst] has joined #mythtv
02:31|-|superm1 [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #mythtv
02:46|-|roothorick [] has quit ["leaving"]
02:47|-|feiner [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
02:58|-|rn114 [] has joined #mythtv
03:05|-|vosque [] has joined #mythtv
03:05|-|vosque [] has left #mythtv []
03:10|-|jhulst [n=jhulst@unaffiliated/jhulst] has quit ["Konversation terminated!"]
03:14|-|feiner [] has joined #mythtv
03:28|-|feiner [] has quit [Excess Flood]
03:28|-|ireverentReveren [] has joined #mythtv
03:29|-|feiner [] has joined #mythtv
03:30|-|MavT [] has joined #mythtv
03:37|-|xris [] has quit ["Leaving."]
03:39|-|Ozymandias2 [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
03:41|-|onixian [] has joined #mythtv
03:47|-|MaverickTech [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
03:57|-|gnome42 [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
04:04|-|jcg42 [] has joined #mythtv
05:08|-|reynaldo [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
05:36|-|mzb [] has quit ["Time to quit"]
05:38|-|dans91_ [] has joined #mythtv
05:47|-|jcg42 [] has quit ["Ex-Chat"]
05:55|-|sphery_ [] has joined #mythtv
05:56|-|sphery [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
06:15|-|beavis [] has joined #mythtv
06:31|-|MaverickTech [] has joined #mythtv
06:32|-|ahbritto [] has quit [Client Quit]
06:41|-|splat1 changed nick to splAt1
06:41|-|splAt1 changed nick to splat1
06:49|-|Ozymandias2 [] has joined #mythtv
06:53|-|MavT [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
06:54<justinh>got around to editing my .pro file for this effort. make install is copying the files but it's trying to run 'strip' on the images
06:59|-|ireverentReveren [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
07:01|-|MrGandalf [] has quit ["blah, back to work"]
07:13|-|Merlin83b2 [] has joined #mythtv
07:30|-|justinh [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
07:43|-|MrShan [] has joined #mythtv
07:59<gbee>what's the minimum clock speed CPU that anyone has got mythfrontend running on?
08:01<MrShan>someone at work said on a 533
08:02<MrShan>but thats a Via C3 i think
08:02<MrShan>he's using it in his car
08:04|-|justinh [] has joined #mythtv
08:10<GreyFoxx>gbee: cyrix p166+
08:10<GreyFoxx>but I cheated and hacked in playback to use a hardware mpeg decoder
08:10<GreyFoxx>so the cyrix was just really for the menus and such
08:11<GreyFoxx>heh long time ago :)
08:12<MrShan>o_O woah
08:12<gbee>GreyFoxx: heh, well it's playback I'm more concerned about as the system won't be running a full fat mythfrontend
08:12<GreyFoxx>-rwxr-xr-x 1 greg users 247479 2003-12-25 01:49 www/mythtv_dxr3setup.jpg
08:13<gbee>but nice system
08:13<justinh>should publish that code incase anybody cares to resurrect it :)
08:13<GreyFoxx>I've used a 550mhz machine once, never tried less
08:13<MrShan>i have a SLOT-1 500Mhz lying around at work i might try it out on
08:14<MrShan>previously an OpenBSD box that was decomissioned
08:14<MrShan>why are you trying to go so low?
08:15<justinh>while using older hardware is generally less than a good idea it can be challenging & fun
08:16<MrShan>yeah thats why i wanted to try it
08:16<justinh>btw gbee I couldn't fathom out how to handle ESCAPE & do the saving & quitting. it works well as is though
08:16<justinh>fixed the movement clipping so coarse adjustments can move the arrows to the extents now too
08:17<gbee>I'm thinking 400Mhz
08:17<justinh>only thing 'wrong' with it is that make install tries to strip the images & goes all horrible
08:18<gbee>justinh: I'll take a look at the pro in a minute, if you want?
08:18<justinh>that'd be great ta
08:18<justinh>I'll uploadify it
08:24<justinh>have to see to the dog. being an attention whore again
08:25<Dibblah>justinh: Is it only stripping the wide files?
08:26<Dibblah>ie is uifiles special, but uifiles_wide not?
08:27|-|lucas2 [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
08:40<gbee>justinh: nothing wrong with that .pro as far as I can see
08:41<justinh>it's trying to strip all the pngs
08:41<Dibblah>Can you upload the generated makefile?
08:41<justinh>it's there
08:45<justinh>I based my .pro file on
08:46[~]laga used a p3 450MHz once. with xvmc. was working OK, nnot sure if playback was entirely smooth
08:47|-|davidwinter [n=davidwin@] has joined #mythtv
08:47|-|davidwinter [n=davidwin@] has left #mythtv []
08:48<justinh>channels.dat is back up at but no .dat files for channels yet. progress :)
08:49<laga>heh, is currently solving their server problem as well :)
08:50<gbee>justinh: did you take the day off?
08:50<justinh>gbee: yeah
08:50<justinh>phoned in sick but still have to do dog duties
08:50<justinh>such a life
08:51<justinh>others would've gone in today just to give everybody else the lurgy but since it's probably how I got it in the 1st place..
08:58<justinh>regarding the .pro issue - maybe other plugins are doing something fancy somehow
08:59|-|mr [] has joined #mythtv
09:00<gbee>or configure is doing something, setting some variable
09:00|-|mr [] has left #mythtv []
09:08|-|[MrShan] [n=thushan@] has joined #mythtv
09:09|-|MrShan [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
09:11<justinh>can't see anything in the .pro file different to how mythvideo is working out
09:13|-|Cardoe [n=cardoe@gentoo/developer/Cardoe] has joined #mythtv
09:15<justinh>there's no additional test for $video in configure, so er.. <scratches head>
09:34|-|bomarrow3 [] has joined #mythtv
09:35|-|bomarrow3 [] has left #mythtv []
09:35<gbee>justinh: it'll be to do with the compile-type, e.g. a debug build disables all stripping, what does a release build do?
09:38<justinh>no idea
09:40|-|MavT [] has joined #mythtv
09:42<gbee>doesn't specifically do anything by the looks of it :(
09:44|-|rn114 [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
09:44|-|rn114__ [] has joined #mythtv
09:45<gbee>justinh: just setup mythappearance in the mplugins configure script, it's going to be something to do with one of the build vars I just don't know which one, easiest way to ensure they are all set correctly is to use configure
09:45|-|Jiten [] has left #mythtv []
09:45<justinh>been doing make distclean, then configure --disable-all --enable-mythappearance --prefix=/usr/local
09:46<gbee>hmm, bugger
09:46<gbee>justinh: are the images marked as executable?
09:50|-|aevil [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
09:53|-|MaverickTech [] has quit [Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)]
09:53|-|JoeBorn [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
09:53|-|jmk_ [n=jmk@] has joined #mythtv
09:53<justinh>they were! dunno how
09:53|-|rn114__ [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
09:54|-|rn114__ [] has joined #mythtv
09:54|-|cattelan [] has quit ["This computer has gone to sleep"]
09:54<justinh>that fixed it.
09:54<stuarta>possibly dropped on the box via a samba share?
09:54<justinh>the thought had crossed my mind but I went "nah... can't possibly be"
09:54<justinh>yeah they were
09:54<justinh>lesson learned there ;)
09:55<Merlin83b2>Long time no see. What have they let you loose on, justinh?
09:55<stuarta>samba often causes things to be marked exec
09:55[~]stuarta waves to Merlin83b2
09:55<justinh>I'll keep an eye out on that in future
09:55<Merlin83b2>Hi stuarta :)
09:55<justinh>hey Merlin83b2. working on a new appearance setting gadget
09:55<justinh>move the arrows around to set the GUI size :)
09:56<justinh>been all over the place, every which way, blundering around
09:56<Merlin83b2>I will have to upgrade soon.
09:56<Merlin83b2>I'm sooooooooo far out of date.
09:56<Merlin83b2>But it all works, so I've had little incentive :)
09:56<Merlin83b2>Time for a new machine to go with the new telly, methinks.
09:56<justinh>next step is obvious - namely convert it to use mythui
09:56<justinh>fun on a stick!
09:58<justinh>Merlin83b2: I've retired the epia frontend. useless PoS
09:58<Merlin83b2>Heh, mine's still going strong as a combined be/fe :)
09:58<stuarta>make it a backend
09:58<Merlin83b2>Except I've burned out two.
09:58<Merlin83b2>I've gon off TranquilPC completely.
09:58<Merlin83b2>Not enough cooling is my verdict.
09:58<justinh>now running a core2 duo mobile chip on Aopen i945GMm-HL with 1GB RAM for less than £110
09:59<Merlin83b2>Hmm, I was pricing up an Antec case, Athlon 62 3600 and a mobo/mem and the price cam out similar.
09:59<justinh>video quality blows the e-pee-aye-ay away
09:59<Merlin83b2>Yeah, a 42" LCD will show that up which is plenty enough shoving for me to do it :)
10:00<justinh>wouldn't recommend a 42" LCD for freeview though
10:00<Merlin83b2>That'll be the next thing that drives me nuts, I reckon.
10:00<justinh>not without a decent deblocking filter anyway
10:00<Merlin83b2>Is there on available under myth?
10:00<justinh>since the -vid branch was merged I think so
10:00<Merlin83b2>Hmm, the unit has some filtering in it. That might help.
10:01<Merlin83b2>Soooooo out of date.
10:01<Merlin83b2>-vid branch?
10:01<justinh>big improvements to video output. opengl rendering, new deinterlacers & scalers..
10:01<Merlin83b2>Sounds good.
10:01<Merlin83b2>Does your box have fans?
10:01<justinh>not played with that yet myself. been too busy having fun with other stuff
10:02<justinh>Merlin83b2: aye on the CPU. very low speed though - which is fine cos I only play sdtv for now
10:02<justinh>come HDTV I'll need a bigger case
10:02<Merlin83b2>Why did you go intel and not amd?
10:02<GreyFoxx>doh, just had 2 segfaults running mythtv-setup, that appear to be upnp related. *rebuilds with debug symbols*
10:03<justinh>just because. I'd been an AMD user too long. and besides, the price was very nice
10:04<Merlin83b2>If you fancied putting what you have somewhere, along with where you got it from, that'd be lovely ;)
10:04<Merlin83b2>My TV should arrive next Tues so I may try and get it done before then.
10:10<justinh>do I remember somebody saying mythui doesn't do menu popups yet?
10:20<gbee>GreyFoxx: with trunk? Anduin checked in some fixes last night
10:20<GreyFoxx>gbee: YEah trunk as of an hour ago
10:21<GreyFoxx>just updated my office machine
10:21<GreyFoxx>my build just finished so I'm mgonna try to get a bt this time
10:21<gbee>justinh: it can do sudo popups, i.e. a container with a button list which is turned on/off, there is no mythpopbox/mythdialog equivalent
10:22<justinh>ah right
10:22|-|beavis_ [] has joined #mythtv
10:22|-|beavis_ [] has quit [Client Quit]
10:26<janneg>GreyFoxx: merge from trunk to multirec is due. I'm just waiting for stability in trunk
10:26<GreyFoxx>the biggest issue right now is the upnp stuff right ?
10:26<GreyFoxx>the crashyness :)
10:29<janneg>jepp, the only one afaik
10:30[~]GreyFoxx is trying to cause a crash now, but of course it's not happenning for me
10:30<janneg>but since my production system runs multirec I personally don't see the trunk issues
10:30<GreyFoxx>janneg: Me either
10:31<GreyFoxx>but since I've been commiting changes for upnpvideo stuff I write it under multirec, then merge to a svn copy of trunk, then install and test , and move back to multirec
10:32<GreyFoxx>so I'm itching for just one tree. Hoping I can get a backtrace of this segfault
10:32<GreyFoxx>it happened twice before I did a debug compile, not once since
10:34|-|jgarvey [] has joined #mythtv
10:34|-|jgarvey [] has quit [Client Quit]
10:35|-|jgarvey [] has joined #mythtv
10:48<gbee>I've not seen the upnp related crashes on trunk, obviously they there is some difference with my systems
10:50<justinh>just building a newly updated trunk to check it myself
10:50<GreyFoxx>well I can get it to happen maybe 20-30% of the time if I don't run it in gdb
10:50<GreyFoxx>but so far not once in gdb
10:54<gbee>really appreciate the work John and Matt put into this icon downloader, but I'm still fixing bugs :/
10:56|-|JoeBorn [] has joined #mythtv
11:00<GreyFoxx>hmmm actualy
11:00<GreyFoxx>I cheated since the crash would not happen with gdb, nor -v all
11:01<GreyFoxx>I enabled mysql logs and can see the last bunch of queries
11:01<GreyFoxx>and the queries thathappen right before a crash are well paste the end of the upnp thread
11:01<GreyFoxx>but before another message is logged
11:03|-|lucas2 [] has joined #mythtv
11:05<okolsi_>#4383 still happens to me after latest UPnP fixes.. will attach new bactrace just in case it is different now
11:05<GreyFoxx>yes please
11:05|-|visit0r_ [] has joined #mythtv
11:06|-|dekarl [] has quit [Read error: 145 (Connection timed out)]
11:07|-|visit0r [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
11:09<janneg>gbee: btw passive eit scanning works in multirec
11:10<stuarta>works in head to AFAIK
11:10<janneg>not for gbee
11:10<stuarta>dunno why
11:10<gbee>janneg: seems like it's working in trunk too without the patch to disable active scanning, so something must have changed the behaviour
11:11<gbee>problem is that around the time it stopped working there weren't any EIT changes that I remember
11:12<janneg>gbee: ah. I think I have only changed EIT scanning related things in multirec in the last months
11:12|-|PointyPumper [] has quit []
11:12|-|PointyPumper [] has joined #mythtv
11:13<stuarta>gbee: there haven't been any EIT changes for ages
11:14<stuarta>not relating to data collection anyway
11:14<gbee>stuarta: yeah, which is why I'm confused
11:14<stuarta>same here
11:14<stuarta>there was no reason for it not to be working#
11:14<gbee>let me just check again whether passive collection IS working in trunk without the patch
11:16<gbee>either I've not waited long enough, or it isn't - no EIT related messages after 4 minutes of watching livetv
11:17<stuarta>--verbose eit?
11:17<stuarta>bbc channel?
11:17<gbee>Five, can try BBC
11:18<stuarta>bbc have better eit data rates
11:18<stuarta>if you want to be sure, first truncate eit_cache;
11:18<stuarta>then it'll have to process any eit data it gets
11:19<okolsi_>just running "mythtv" without arguments also segfaults.. it looks a bit different but is still in UPnP
11:22<Anduin>okolsi_: That bt is identical to the one I was working on yesterday.
11:23<okolsi_>Anduin: okay, just a second.. I'll update this newer one to the same ticket..
11:24<gbee>word of warning, don't ever leave wireshark capturing in the background and then forget about it, chews up memory like a puppy with slippers
11:25<gbee>stuarta: nope, with with two channels tuned (PIP) and having cleaned out the program table, no EIT events in 8 minutes
11:26<okolsi_>also.. remember to delete gdb.txt so that you don't end up having multiple bactraces in one file and then end up editing it.. :)
11:26<stuarta>gbee: only 1 channel will work since the eit cache locks the channels it's using
11:27<stuarta>that i need to fix asap
11:28<gbee>I'm backing out the active scan patch entirely (just disabled it before), should have done it earlier and I'll kick myself if it works
11:29<okolsi_>Anduin: how about that new backtrace..? any good?
11:31<Anduin>okolsi_: Yeah, better, still looks like the same problem though.
11:31|-|rn114__ [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
11:31|-|rn114__ [] has joined #mythtv
11:34<okolsi_>Anduin: all right
11:36<Anduin>okolsi_: Yeah, in your backtrace you can even see the main thread waiting on the new lock, willing to try a patch?
11:37<janneg>stuarta: the locking itself is useful but it is too stupid for the EITother for all channels on all multiplexes case
11:37<okolsi_>Anduin: yes, have maybe 30min now time..
11:38<stuarta>janneg: my plan was to have 1 cache that is used by all eit scanners
11:38<stuarta>(per backend)
11:38|-|xris [] has joined #mythtv
11:40<janneg>that's a simple change. add a static and hope that the eitcache has enough loocks
11:40<stuarta>hmmm, i was going to do it a bit different
11:40<stuarta>but it doesn't have enough locks
11:40<janneg>I have that on my mind for some time
11:41<stuarta>static sounds simpler
11:41<Anduin>okolsi_: patch on ticket, it shouldn't work but any new bt would be nice.
11:42<okolsi_>Anduin: just s sec..
11:43<Anduin>okolsi_: You will need to add QStringList on line 95, I didn't compile after making changes...
11:45<okolsi_>Anduin: hmmm.... :)
11:45<okolsi_>Anduin: can't spot the place.. myt 95 is now: for ( QStringList::Iterator it = addressList.begin();
11:45<Anduin>or grab the updated patch on the ticket, sorry for the trouble
11:46<okolsi_>Anduin: no problem
11:46<Anduin>okolsi_: 93
11:46<Anduin>(I still had a conflict throwing line numbers off)
11:47<okolsi_>Anduin: yeah, now it seems to compile
11:48<okolsi_>Anduin: which is better.. to run the --resched or the later "mythtv" ?
11:48<Anduin>If that doesn't work (it really shouldn't) I'll make the larger change of using a QWaitCondition and not call Execute from wherever we please.
11:49<Anduin>okolsi_: For my, mythtv reproduced it more reliably
11:49<Anduin>(I cannot get it to crash currently)
11:51<okolsi_>Anduin: well.. mythtv doesn't seem to crash anymore
11:51<okolsi_>I'll test the resched
11:53<okolsi_>I've now executed --resched about 25 times and no crashes... :)
11:53<okolsi_>earlier it would have definitely crashed already
11:53|-|cattelan [] has joined #mythtv
11:53<Anduin>It doesn't make sense, but enjoy it.
11:53<okolsi_>heh.. :)
11:56<janneg>gbee: passive eitscanning doesn't work after channel switching until I restart live-tv
11:59<okolsi_>Anduin: thanks for looking into this.. now I really cannot make it crash anymore
12:02<Anduin>okolsi_: Good, thanks for testing it, maybe later tonight I'll be less lazy and get a real fix in.
12:05|-|jasonlr [] has joined #mythtv
12:05|-|jasonlr [] has left #mythtv ["Leaving"]
12:09|-|Viaken [] has joined #mythtv
12:09|-|Viaken [] has left #mythtv ["don't want to make the same mistake twice"]
12:10|-|jk1joel [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
12:17|-|justinh [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
12:20|-|capt-rogers [] has joined #mythtv
12:24|-|rn114 [] has joined #mythtv
12:25|-|rn114__ [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
12:37|-|jk1joel [] has joined #mythtv
12:37|-|jams [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
12:38|-|jams [] has joined #mythtv
12:41|-|jk1joel [] has quit [Client Quit]
12:42|-|xris [] has quit ["Leaving."]
12:43|-|jk1joel [] has joined #mythtv
12:50|-|dekarl [] has joined #mythtv
12:51|-|Merlin83b2 [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
12:55|-|jhulst [n=jhulst@unaffiliated/jhulst] has joined #mythtv
12:56|-|The-1 [] has joined #mythtv
12:56|-|The-1 [] has left #mythtv []
12:57|-|gnome42 [] has joined #mythtv
13:03|-|jk1joel [] has quit [":q!"]
13:04|-|xris [] has joined #mythtv
13:11|-|onixian [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
13:14|-|SeNtInEl1 [] has joined #mythtv
13:16|-|catinpan [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
13:19|-|jhulst [n=jhulst@unaffiliated/jhulst] has quit ["Konversation terminated!"]
13:21<GreyFoxx>at0: Nothing in myth to use that :/
13:30|-|catinpan [] has joined #mythtv
13:42|-|dekarl [] has quit ["Leaving."]
13:47|-|jk1joel [] has joined #mythtv
13:47|-|jk1joel [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
13:49|-|jk1joel [] has joined #mythtv
13:54|-|rn114 [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
13:55|-|rn114__ [] has joined #mythtv
13:58|-|Chutt [] has joined #mythtv
14:04|-|SeNtInEl1 [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
14:07<gbee>xris: fixing bugs in this mythtv-setup icon download patch and it would be helpful to know under what reponses we should expect to /checkblock and why checkblock might be failing for a combination I know hasn't been blocked ("12482","Test Blah","","BLAH","0","0","0","0","0")
14:09<xris>can't help on that while I'm at work...
14:09<gbee>xris: ok, no hurry
14:13<GreyFoxx>Anduin: So far no segfaults here with your latest change
14:19<gbee>xris: might be that the patch is interpreting the return value incorrectly, we get back # (no data) which I think elsewhere is taken to mean failure
14:20<gbee>in though it looks like no data means there isn't a block, but I'm not sure what to expect when a combination is blocked
14:21<xris>I have no idea... haven't looked at that code in ages.
14:21<xris>something on the server might need to be fixed, too
14:21<gbee>xris: like I said, no hurry, just mentioning it while it's fresh in my memory
14:25|-|capt-rogers [] has quit ["Ex-Chat"]
14:56|-|Timelord_ [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
14:58<janneg>stuarta: making the cache static seems to work fine:
15:00<janneg>idea for making the locking more intelligent is to use the table_id for locking and a scanner with a lower table_id can steal the lock
15:07<gnome42>hmm, manual ScanType selection doesn't seem to be working for me ...
15:07<gnome42> seems to fix it but none too sure what is correct
15:08<knowledgejunkie>xris: related to the icon stuff, I've got some updates for the services icon server for new channels on the XMLTV grabber since we added/corrected lots of the icons last March
15:08<Anduin>GreyFoxx: Good to hear, I'll still try to work on fixing it correctly later.
15:10<GreyFoxx>hmmm, looks like #4140 is from ps3's not liking a duration of " 1: 0: 0" instead of "01:00:00" :)
15:13<GreyFoxx>hehe luckily we had a guy in the office today showing off his new ps3 so I was able to test it right away :)
15:13<xris>knowledgejunkie: icon server doesn't use xmltv
15:13<gbee>knowledgejunkie: they are updated automatically by users re-running the script after new channels appear
15:14<gbee>so unlike the old mastericonmap stuff we don't need to keep updating the data
15:15|-|cattelan [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
15:15<gbee>aside from a bug with DVB only channels (radio in this case) all the current icons are correct and upto date
15:15<knowledgejunkie>gbee: i know, i wanted the lyngsat icon URL data prepopulated based on (in this case) the xmltvid
15:18<Chutt>i still don't really like that mythcontext split :/
15:18<Chutt>should just have created a new class
15:20<mrdigital>how do i install avermedia m150
15:20<xris>mrdigital: please read the topic
15:21<gbee>knowledgejunkie: in that case it might be worth creating a script to automatically submit that data, it's a just a CSV list submitted to /submit?csv=
15:21<mrdigital>oh yeah
15:22<knowledgejunkie>gbee: I wouldn't mind an easy admin i/f - that way when I add a new channel/icon/xmltvid to the uk_rt grabber I can easily add the data to the services DB
15:22<knowledgejunkie>gbee: when I checked the icons by xmltv the other day there were a dozen or so missing
15:22<knowledgejunkie>gbee: have these since been added?
15:23|-|mattwire [] has joined #mythtv
15:23<gbee>knowledgejunkie: icons missing from the lyngsat site? I've no idea
15:24<knowledgejunkie>gbee: grrr - icons missing from the response when probed by xmltvid
15:24<gbee>xris: noticed that all the radio icons from lyngsat are returning 404 errors which suggests they've moved them
15:26<gbee>knowledgejunkie: the list of icons is built automatically but xris hasn't set it up as a regular cron job yet so it relies on him remembering to do it manually
15:27<gbee>so no, those missing icons probably haven't been added yet but it would just take a couple of minutes
15:27<knowledgejunkie>gbee: what's the easiest way for me to provide the data?
15:27<knowledgejunkie>gbee: I can pastebin it after dinner
15:31<gbee>to add the missing icons to the database is something xris can do in a minute without your data - to associate those icons with the xmltvid would probably be best done by rerunning ./
15:32<gbee>for very large numbers of icons you might take the time to write a script which can interact directly with, fetching the icon ID and then posting back the iconid/xmltvid pair in the CSV format used
15:34<gbee>as far as feeding your data directly into the database, we'll I'm not sure xris would choose to do that as it bypass the whole audit chain and probably wouldn't generate all the necessary data, but it would probably need to be in the format of SQL insert statements (only xris knows the schema though)
15:35<GreyFoxx>ls -la jams
15:35<GreyFoxx>err /whois jams I meant :)
15:35<GreyFoxx>just commited your reload patch
15:36<GreyFoxx>works fine for me
15:36<jams>sweet thanks
15:36<jams>it's very useful
15:37<jams>ok so most won't even know it's there..but some people will find it useful
15:38<GreyFoxx>Could always change it to a HUP which most people might think to try. But I see it mainly as something for Devs / themers anyway
15:39<jams>i picked USR1 so it wouldn't get in the way of anything else.
15:41<jams>if it needs to change so be it, just as long as it's possible i'm happy
15:43<GreyFoxx>It's fine as it is. It can be a piece of trivia on the wiki or something :)
15:45<jams>any known problems with current myth and a memory leak? just updated two days ago and now memory usage is climbing.
15:46<GreyFoxx>Nothing I've run into, but my main machines get restarted a lot. Especially over xmas messing with upnp stuff
15:46<knowledgejunkie>gbee: I'll look through the script later and see what I come up with. Last March xris and I added the then-outstanding icon/xmltvid pairings for uk_rt. The current uk_rt grabber has ~270 channels and all but 16 have icons matchable by xmltvid on the services.mythtv server. I just want to aadd those last 16, even though I don't use them all on my mythtv installation
15:47<jams>GreyFoxx- something has a mem leak.
15:49<gbee>knowledgejunkie: fair enough, I understand what you are doing and it's a good thing, just that I know xris is busy and in the long term writing a script to submit those pairings directly to the server through the http interface is probably a good thing
15:50<knowledgejunkie>gbee: yup
15:53<CDev_>Chutt: I agree completely that the mythcontext split is uncalled for. There are better ways to solve the problem.
15:53<knowledgejunkie>gbee: I just want it to work for users (UK at least) without them having to choose an icon manually
15:54<gbee>knowledgejunkie: sure
15:54<gbee>of course only the first person has to select an icon manually, the rest benefit from that choice and it's automatic, but I'm still on the same page ;)
15:56<CDev_>Chutt: The way the autodiscovery code has mutated is a problem as well. It was not designed to be used the way it is. (I feel like my baby has been basterdised... I just wish I had time to dive in and make things right again).
15:57<GreyFoxx>CDev_: Are you still using a DSM-320 ?
15:57<CDev_>dsm-520... on and off. (I haven't even had time to watch much TV)
15:57<GreyFoxx>I've got one onloan for the next week, and try as I might it refuses to play anything
15:57<GreyFoxx>I don't see any problems in packet dumps
15:58<GreyFoxx>and it will play from the few other upnp servers I've tried
15:58|-|dans91_ [] has quit ["Bye!"]
15:58<GreyFoxx>but barfs after a couple seconds before starting playback on the screen saying it doesn't handle the codec in the file
15:58<CDev_>My is working fine, but I'm using a very old version of SVN. I didn't want to have to deal with the upnp changes that are breaking everything.
15:59<CDev_>FYI: All my recordings are from PVR-150 & 250's
16:00<GreyFoxx>Mine plays mpeg video no problem, so recordings are ok, but it complains on any AVI files. but that exact same file served via ushare for example works fine
16:00<GreyFoxx>I've looked at packet dumps and don't see much difference
16:00<CDev_>Haven't tried any videos.
16:00<GreyFoxx>I've even exposed the MSRR stuff to it, and it registers happily, but the problem still occurs
16:01<GreyFoxx>I've got WMP11 working with videos as well. Along with Movieposters
16:01<GreyFoxx>haven't commited that stuff yet
16:01<CDev_>I've been following your work... execellent job BTW.
16:01<GreyFoxx>It's kind of limited as a client, but it works
16:01<GreyFoxx>Thanks :)
16:01<GreyFoxx>I've had a lot of fun with it actually
16:01<GreyFoxx>and my xbox now gets a lot ofuse heh
16:01<CDev_>The only thing I can think of is that the content-type is wrong for the type of video.
16:02<GreyFoxx>I can check that right now
16:02<CDev_>I would think that it would use the data stream to determine the real codec to use.
16:02<stuarta>janneg: that looks okay (static eitcache)
16:04<GreyFoxx>CDev_: content type is the same. And the DSM asks for 0-16384, 16384-32767 and then dies, but on the ushare done I see it happily continuing
16:04<gnome42>janneg: Hi, that snippet I pastebin'ed does seem to solve the OSD countdown timer too. ie. It looks like it counts down at a constant rate even when fluttering between progressive and interlaced frames.
16:04<GreyFoxx>I even checked the hexdumps and the start/end byes of the datastream are the same as I would assume the entire content too
16:05<GreyFoxx>It's odd
16:05<gbee>knowledgejunkie: are the "" xmltvids anything to do with the xmltv grabber?
16:06<CDev_>GreyFoxx: strange. I was going to suggest that it may be the return of the problem of the wrong number of bytes being sent back... but it sounds like you already confirmed that it is correct.
16:06<GreyFoxx>CDev_: haven't spent too much time on it yet, but was hoping to get it working before 0.21
16:07<GreyFoxx>CDev_: I thought that might be it so I checked and it seems to be fine
16:07|-|kormoc [n=kormoc@unaffiliated/kormoc] has joined #mythtv
16:09<CDev_>It could be related to the way we return the http headers. You may want to hack a test together that response exactly as ushare does and see if any of it helps.
16:09<CDev_> I've had intermittent problems with my implementation of a http server. I was planning on re-writting it during the Qt4 port.
16:10<CDev_>I also think we need to make it more DLNA complient so it will work with more clients "out of the box".
16:11<GreyFoxx>CDev_: Yeah I think I will
16:12<GreyFoxx>I've been downloading all the docs I can find on DLNA and upnp
16:12[~]GreyFoxx checks the time and runs for the door
16:12<janneg>gnome42: can you paste a diff
16:15|-|mumrah [n=c749a632@gateway/web/cgi-irc/] has joined #mythtv
16:15<gnome42>janneg: ok ...
16:16|-|rmdigitsal1 [] has joined #mythtv
16:17<mumrah>does anyone have a good reference for choosing a HD antenna?
16:17<mumrah>that will work nicely with mythtv
16:17<janneg>mumrah: please read the topic
16:20|-|mumrah [n=c749a632@gateway/web/cgi-irc/] has quit ["CGI:IRC 0.5.9 (2006/06/06)"]
16:20|-|mumrah [n=c749a632@gateway/web/cgi-irc/] has joined #mythtv
16:20|-|mumrah [n=c749a632@gateway/web/cgi-irc/] has left #mythtv []
16:20|-|AriX_ [] has joined #mythtv
16:22<gnome42>janneg: doubtful that is the correct fix but it does seem to fix the symptoms
16:23|-|mrdigital [] has quit [Nick collision from services.]
16:24|-|rmdigitsal1 changed nick to mrdigital
16:24<janneg>ok, I'm not sure if progressive material should go through double processing deinterlacers as well
16:26<Chutt>it should not
16:26<gnome42>Do you see the problem? Does manual scantype selection work for you?
16:26<Chutt>(don't want to double to 120, for instance =)
16:28<stuarta>gbee: what did you find with your passive EIT testing?
16:29<janneg>Chutt: the current code seems to do that
16:30|-|rn114__ [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
16:31|-|robthebob [] has joined #mythtv
16:32<gbee>stuarta: not had a chance to do any since I removed the patch, I need a window without recordings and to use both tuners at the same time to avoid one of them from going into active scan
16:33<gbee>do passive EIT log events look any different from active events? On the surface there is no easy way to tell
16:34<stuarta>they look the same
16:35<stuarta>it's the same code path
16:36<janneg>gbee: set EITCrawIdleStart to large number and restart the backend
16:37<janneg>with cleared eit_cache events should come in instantly
16:37<gbee>janneg: thanks for the tip, I'll try that when I'm not recording
16:40|-|guest_ [] has joined #mythtv
16:43|-|dekarl [] has joined #mythtv
16:45<gbee>anyone know of a definitive list of serviceids matched to their broadcast region?
16:46<stuarta>erm, not off the top of my head
16:55<mattwire>somewhere there should be a document explaining how the service ids are allocated
16:56<mattwire>i can't for the life of me find it at the moment though :)
16:56<stuarta>i suspect they just pull em out of their butt
16:58<mattwire>there is a logic to it
16:58<mattwire>though i can't quite remember how it works
16:58<mattwire>there's a couple of people I can ask at work if you need it
16:58<mattwire>what's it for?
17:06|-|justinh [] has joined #mythtv
17:11<dekarl>I guess its for, btw. where can I look at the code behind the services or submit data about the DVB services I know of?
17:12<stuarta>the script will send updates to the server
17:12<stuarta>and then we can approve icon/channel relationships once there is enough data
17:12<gbee>dekarl: you need to run the script in contrib/icons/mastericonmap/ ...
17:13<knowledgejunkie>gbee: those xmltvids will have been submitted by people using old versions of XMLTV that did not have an XMLTVID for that particular channel
17:13<gbee>mattwire: before I can approve regional icons e.g. ITV East, BBC South I need to know that they've been correctly matched against the right serviceid for that area
17:13<justinh>oh dear. my broadband might be back up but DNS is still sucky
17:14<knowledgejunkie>gbee: I've been keeping the uk_rt channels list up to date since Dec 2005
17:14<gbee>knowledgejunkie: ahh, ok I just wondered where they came from - I approved the matches but I was curious
17:15<knowledgejunkie>gbee: if the grabber's channel_ids file has no match for the channel, the grabber manufactures its own XMLTVID using the RT's channel ID (2050 in that case)
17:16<gbee>knowledgejunkie: that's useful to know, although maybe redundant with the supplement module since updates should happen pretty quickly
17:17<knowledgejunkie>gbee: exactly - using XMLTV::Supplment should mean everyone using XMLTV >= 0.5.50 should not have a problem with unknown channels
17:18<gbee>I figured out the relationship between the RT id and the xmltvid, I just didn't know that the grabber created those xmltvids as I'd not see the format before
17:19<knowledgejunkie>gbee: line 312 of the current uk_rt/ - I've already updated the channel_ids as I noticed the RT have added Channel 4 HD today
17:25|-|mattwire [] has quit ["Leaving"]
17:26|-|gr8nash [n=anash@] has quit ["Leaving"]
17:29|-|hachi [] has left #mythtv []
17:32<dekarl>gbee: looks like trunk channel_icons + 0.20-fixes Perl bindings don't like eachother... "Can't locate object method "load_channels" via package "MythTV" at ./ line 94."
17:33<gbee>dekarl: yeah, that's not gonna work, needs trunk
17:33<dekarl>hm, can I use trunk bindings with 0.20-fixes database/backend?
17:35<gbee>easier just to upgrade everything to trunk
17:35<stuarta>have to use the bindings appropriate to what you are running
17:36|-|mzb [] has joined #mythtv
17:37<stuarta>surprised nobody has closed 4408 yet...
17:37<dekarl>then it's Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Debian_Sid for me :) thanks
17:44|-|jcg42 [] has joined #mythtv
17:44|-|jcg42 [] has left #mythtv ["Ex-Chat"]
17:49|-|dekarl changed nick to dekarl-should-up
17:49|-|dekarl-should-up changed nick to dekarl-needs-tru
17:50<gbee>stuarta: haven't you closed it
17:52<stuarta>nope. wondered if GreyFoxx might nip in there and actually implement it while he's frigging around
17:59|-|justinh_ [] has joined #mythtv
17:59|-|justinh [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
18:02|-|Cardoe [n=cardoe@gentoo/developer/Cardoe] has quit ["Leaving"]
18:02<gbee>stuarta: didn't close it for the same reason
18:02<stuarta>great minds think alike
18:03|-|justinh_ changed nick to justinh
18:08|-|rn114 [] has joined #mythtv
18:09|-|robthebob [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
18:16|-|justinh [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
18:18|-|justinh [] has joined #mythtv
18:20|-|knowledgejunkie [n=knowledg@unaffiliated/knowledgejunkie] has left #mythtv ["I want my, I want my, I want my MythTV"]
18:31|-|justinh [] has quit ["VirginMedia - dampen the string again ffs"]
18:37|-|beavis [] has quit ["Verlassend"]
18:38|-|rn114 [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
18:42|-|MaverickTech [] has joined #mythtv
19:00|-|MavT [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
19:18|-|feiner [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
19:24|-|Dave123 [] has quit ["Leaving"]
19:34|-|Dave123 [] has joined #mythtv
19:40|-|clever changed nick to clever`rev
19:40|-|clever`rev changed nick to clever
19:44|-|xris [] has quit ["Leaving."]
19:47|-|caskater4 [] has joined #mythtv
20:05|-|xris [] has joined #mythtv
20:08|-|caskater4 [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
20:10|-|Dave123 [] has quit ["Leaving"]
20:16|-|caskater4 [n=caskater@] has joined #mythtv
20:17|-|caskater4 [n=caskater@] has left #mythtv []
20:20|-|caskater4 [n=caskater@] has joined #mythtv
20:26|-|caskater4 [n=caskater@] has left #mythtv []
20:26|-|caskater4 [n=caskater@] has joined #mythtv
20:26|-|caskater4 [n=caskater@] has left #mythtv []
20:44|-|kormoc [n=kormoc@unaffiliated/kormoc] has quit []
20:55|-|jgarvey [] has quit ["Leaving"]
20:57|-|JoeBorn [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
21:10|-|Aughey [n=jha@] has joined #mythtv
21:11|-|Aughey [n=jha@] has left #mythtv []
21:15|-|reynaldo [] has joined #mythtv
21:17|-|Dave123 [] has joined #mythtv
21:40|-|guest_ [] has quit [Client Quit]
22:28|-|jhulst [n=jhulst@unaffiliated/jhulst] has joined #mythtv
23:23|-|JoeBorn [] has joined #mythtv
23:50|-|jamesd_ [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
---Logclosed Thu Jan 03 00:00:22 2008