Back to Home / #mythtv / 2008 / 01 / Prev Day | Next Day
#mythtv IRC Logs for 2008-01-31

---Logopened Thu Jan 31 00:00:27 2008
00:00<sphery>Probably worse than the "My new recordings don't show on Watch Recordings" FAQ.
00:00<Captain_Murdoch>oh well, I'll look at that and the "JUMPPREV vs PREVCHAN" patch by Yeechang Lee tomorrow night maybe.
00:01<Captain_Murdoch>yeah, especially if they escape out halfway through but the code marks it as watched and it disappears off the list.
00:01<kormoc>What about just changing the "All Recordings" to "Unwatched Recordings" and perhaps display the watched eyes with a redline though it on the screen?
00:01-!-Internat3 [] has joined #mythtv
00:02<Captain_Murdoch>kormoc, that's almost exactly what I said above (substitute "Programs" for "Recordings" and drop the eye part). :)
00:02<kormoc>heh, whoops :)
00:03<Captain_Murdoch>I was trying to think of a non-gui way. I've often thought it would be nice for the themes to display the recgroup though, not sure if any do that.
00:03<sphery>Captain_Murdoch: any ideas on letting MythWeb (and other clients) know what to include in a scheduled recordings editor?
00:04-!-Internat3 is now known as Internat
00:05<Captain_Murdoch>I think the external client may need to know the types in order to ask for the right type of group. If the new SG info table has the name ('Recordings', 'MythVideo', etc.) and the type id, then we could use a backend command/query or just straight SQL to get the list. backend command is probably better so the logic is in one place.
00:06-!-adante [] has quit ["Lost terminal"]
00:07-!-adante [] has joined #mythtv
00:07-!-purserj [] has joined #mythtv
00:07<Captain_Murdoch>some guy just accidentally posted his home address on the -users list.
00:07<sphery>I was also thinking the command was the better approach for that reason. I hadn't yet thought through the types stuff, though. Guess I'll put that on the wait for George's patch list.
00:07<sphery>wow. that's a lot harder to change than an accidentally posted password (which is pain enough).
00:08<Captain_Murdoch>yeah. I'm thinking that the external app would need to ask for 'recordings' groups or 'mythvideo' group dirs, etc..
00:08<xris>yeah. command to list types, and then other commands to query for the list of shows for each type.
00:09<xris>are you talking about getting mythvideo stuff into a storage group?
00:09<Captain_Murdoch>yeah, George is working on a patch for that.
00:15-!-nsaspook [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
00:15<sphery>Captain_Murdoch: When you go into the editor, it does not show the storage group as LiveTV (for me it chose Default, because that's the only other one on my dev system).
00:15<Captain_Murdoch>sphery: thinking off the top of my head. maybe QUERY_STORAGE_GROUP then a subset of commands "TYPES" (returns 'Recordings', 'MythVideo') "TYPEGROUPS <type>" (list groups of type <type>) "DIRS" (returns list of all SG dirs) "TYPEDIRS <type>" (returns list of all dirs for that type) "GROUPDIRS <group>" (list all dirs in <group>)
00:15-!-nsaspook [] has joined #mythtv
00:15<sphery>If you don't save it (i.e. Cancel out), it stays LiveTV.
00:15<sphery>If you save it, it saves "Default".
00:16<xris>what about a storage group that has two different types? I keep my livetv and recordings in the same place
00:16<sphery>I'll check the code to see what it will choose on a system with multiple non-LiveTV groups.
00:16<Captain_Murdoch>storage group can't have 2 types, that would be 2 groups with the same dir in them.
00:16<Captain_Murdoch>sphery: ok
00:16-!-cattelan [] has joined #mythtv
00:17<Captain_Murdoch>actually, they'd both be the same type 'Recordings' (or whatever the ID is)
00:17<Captain_Murdoch>those are just 2 different groups.
00:17<Captain_Murdoch>now you could have a Recordings group called Default pointed to the same dir as a MythVideo type group pointed to.
00:18<Captain_Murdoch>that's part of why we'll have to do some reworking of the disk status display. if the 'Thumbnails' group can't be used for recordings, we don't want it to look like that space is available for recordings when someone glances at the disk stats.
00:18-!-kormoc [n=kormoc@unaffiliated/kormoc] has quit []
00:19<sphery>Another question (as long as you're here): For Thumbnails group, if defined, the preview pixmaps will be written to dirs in the Thumbnails group. If not defined, rather than using the SG-fallback of Default, it makes more sense to put the pixmap in the same storage group/dir as the recording itself.
00:20<sphery>I can check whether there's a Thumbnails group by creating a new SG and then checking its name (if it falls back to default, it's Default). Would you prefer to have a function in StorageGroup that checks for the existence of a group?
00:21<sphery>Feel free to defer answering so you can get some sleep.
00:21<Captain_Murdoch>yes, I'd say if no Thumbnails group, then do a StorageGroup::FindRecordingDir() to find the dir for the recording and put the pixmap in that dir.
00:23<Captain_Murdoch>might be handy to have a static method to check to see if a SG existed.
00:25<sphery>Cool. That looked much better to me, but wanted to verify the approach. (After all, it's your baby.)
00:25<sphery>creating a group and checking whether the name was still Thumbnails just felt wrong
00:26<Captain_Murdoch>once George's stuff is worked out, then StorageGroup::getRecordingsGroups(void) becomes StorageGroup::getRecordingsGroups(type) and might make sense to have a QStringList StorageGroup::getGroupDirs(groupName);
00:27<Captain_Murdoch>nevermind. need sleep. :)
00:27<sphery>get sleep
00:27-!-davilla [] has quit ["This computer has gone to sleep"]
00:27<Captain_Murdoch>:) /me is gone...
00:30<reynaldo>sphery: do you know if EIT data comes in a per country/zone based aproach ?
00:31<reynaldo>and if it comes in a TZ based aproach does it comes in a fixed subset of all the possible TZs ?
00:31-!-harminoff [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
00:31-!-harminoff [] has joined #mythtv
00:35-!-adante_ [] has joined #mythtv
00:36<sphery>reynaldo: no idea
00:37<reynaldo>ok, np. thanks anyway
00:39-!-davilla [] has joined #mythtv
00:39<sphery>Captain_Murdoch: It always displays Default if the recording group is set to LiveTV. It actually does /not/ change it to Default if the user saves it, unless they happened to left/right on the storage group. But, it doesn't break anything.
00:41<sphery>Captain_Murdoch: I also noticed that lines 923 and 924 of libs/libmythtv/sr_items.h can either be commented or removed, now.
00:45<sphery>Captain_Murdoch: I don't think it warrants a DB update since nothing is broken and since choosing a different group may be worse than leaving it as is. The only difference from before is that the display value says "Default", but the value will be saved as "LiveTV" until the user changes the storage group through the editor. And, how many rules do you think people have created to record to the LiveTV group, anyway.
00:50<sphery>Captain_Murdoch: And, since we don't change the storage group in the recording rules when the user deletes that storage group, the exact same thing will happen when someone creates a storage group, uses it in a rule, and then deletes the group.
00:50-!-adante [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
00:50-!-adante_ is now known as adante
00:52-!-turbo [] has joined #mythtv
00:54-!-briand [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
00:55-!-PointyPumper [i=Pintlezz@] has joined #mythtv
00:55<sphery>Captain_Murdoch: Final thing. Since my backups will be done before an upgrade (i.e. from mythtv-setup, mythbackend, or mythfrontend--i.e. the code needs to be in libmyth, right) and needs storage groups, should StorageGroup be moved to libmyth rather than libmythtv? (Otherwise, my dbutil in libmyth will need to pull in libmythtv stuff, which sounds like it will make the circular deps stuff worse.) And since StorageGroup will be ...
00:56<sphery>... used by MythVideo (and more plugins later)...
01:05-!-gnome42 [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
01:10-!-kormoc [n=kormoc@unaffiliated/kormoc] has joined #mythtv
01:10-!-jarle [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
01:10-!-jarle [] has joined #mythtv
01:26-!-StephenYee [n=linux199@] has joined #mythtv
01:27-!-StephenYee [n=linux199@] has quit [Client Quit]
01:27-!-StephenYee [n=linux199@] has joined #mythtv
01:40-!-gardz [] has joined #mythtv
01:59-!-nordenm [] has quit []
02:06-!-purserj [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
02:17-!-xris [] has quit []
02:20-!-harminoff [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
02:20-!-harminoff [] has joined #mythtv
02:21-!-davilla [] has quit ["Leaving"]
02:32-!-purserj [] has joined #mythtv
02:50-!-CyberEstore [] has joined #mythtv
02:52-!-harminoff [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
02:52-!-harminoff [] has joined #mythtv
02:53-!-kormoc [n=kormoc@unaffiliated/kormoc] has quit []
03:19-!-jhulst [n=jhulst@unaffiliated/jhulst] has quit ["Konversation terminated!"]
03:21-!-harminoff [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
03:21-!-harminoff [] has joined #mythtv
03:24-!-rtsai [n=rtsai@] has joined #mythtv
03:32-!-StephenYee [n=linux199@] has quit []
03:32-!-mattwire [i=d43ae981@gateway/web/ajax/] has joined #mythtv
03:47-!-harminoff [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
03:47-!-harminoff [] has joined #mythtv
03:48-!-LordBoBCUP [] has joined #mythtv
03:49-!-woland_ [n=tom@unaffiliated/woland/x-00001] has joined #mythtv
03:51-!-woland_ [n=tom@unaffiliated/woland/x-00001] has left #mythtv []
04:05-!-LordBoBCUP [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
04:12-!-mattwire [i=d43ae981@gateway/web/ajax/] has quit [" ajax IRC Client"]
04:16-!-Merlin83b2 [] has joined #mythtv
04:22-!-harminoff [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
04:22-!-harminoff [] has joined #mythtv
04:42-!-harminoff [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
04:42-!-harminoff [] has joined #mythtv
04:50-!-mattwire [i=d43ae981@gateway/web/ajax/] has joined #mythtv
05:02-!-harminoff [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
05:02-!-harminoff [] has joined #mythtv
05:06-!-grokky [] has joined #mythtv
05:09-!-reynaldo_ [] has joined #mythtv
05:09-!-reynaldo [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
05:16-!-MaverickTech [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
05:36-!-MaverickTech [] has joined #mythtv
05:50-!-mattwire [i=d43ae981@gateway/web/ajax/] has quit [" ajax IRC Client"]
06:09-!-mattwire [i=d43ae981@gateway/web/ajax/] has joined #mythtv
06:20-!-Internat [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
06:21-!-internat85 [] has joined #mythtv
06:23-!-rbellamy [n=rbellamy@pdpc/supporter/silver/rbellamy] has quit ["Don't follow me"]
06:35-!-mattwire [i=d43ae981@gateway/web/ajax/] has quit [" ajax IRC Client"]
06:37-!-grokky [] has quit []
06:55-!-turbo is now known as briand
07:00-!-MrGandalf [] has quit ["Leaving"]
07:10-!-MavT [] has joined #mythtv
07:16-!-loops [] has quit ["Leaving"]
07:21-!-loops [] has joined #mythtv
07:36-!-MaverickTech [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
07:36-!-MavT [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
07:43-!-siXy [i=siXy@] has joined #mythtv
08:06-!-clever [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
08:12-!-ma9mwah|c2d [] has joined #mythtv
08:22-!-ma9mwah [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
08:41-!-timofonic [n=timofoni@unaffiliated/timofonic] has joined #mythtv
08:42<timofonic>Are there a plugin for MythTV that allows connecting to instant messenger? Like something based on pidgin/libpurple, for example
08:42*justinh points at the channel topic
08:43<timofonic>oops, sorry
08:43<timofonic>I'm tired and forgot to read the topic
08:46-!-harminoff [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
08:46-!-harminoff [] has joined #mythtv
08:48-!-internat85 [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
08:48-!-internat85 [] has joined #mythtv
09:09-!-harminoff [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
09:09-!-harminoff [] has joined #mythtv
09:11-!-reynaldo_ [] has quit ["leaving"]
09:25<stuarta>quiet day on the western front
09:26-!-harminoff [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
09:26-!-harminoff [] has joined #mythtv
09:28<justinh>too quiet
09:28<justinh>could be doing something less boring instead of being here at work that's for sure
09:28-!-MaverickTech [] has joined #mythtv
09:31-!-Internat [] has joined #mythtv
09:33-!-reynaldo [] has joined #mythtv
09:33-!-reynaldo [] has quit [Client Quit]
09:34-!-reynaldo [] has joined #mythtv
09:35-!-reynaldo [] has quit [Client Quit]
09:36-!-reynaldo [] has joined #mythtv
09:38-!-reynaldo [] has quit [Client Quit]
09:41-!-Cardoe [n=Cardoe@gentoo/developer/Cardoe] has joined #mythtv
09:42-!-reynaldo [] has joined #mythtv
09:43-!-internat85 [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
09:58-!-jgarvey [] has joined #mythtv
10:06-!-harminoff [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
10:06-!-harminoff [] has joined #mythtv
10:12-!-MaverickTech [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
10:25-!-clever [] has joined #mythtv
10:43-!-clever [] has quit [Connection timed out]
10:44-!-clever [] has joined #mythtv
10:48-!-MrGandalf [] has joined #mythtv
10:52-!-reynaldo_ [] has joined #mythtv
10:56-!-Cardoe [n=Cardoe@gentoo/developer/Cardoe] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
10:56-!-harminoff [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
10:56-!-harminoff [] has joined #mythtv
10:56-!-purserj [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
10:59-!-Dibblah [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
11:02-!-dekar1 [] has joined #mythtv
11:04-!-skamithi [] has joined #mythtv
11:11-!-reynaldo [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
11:12-!-Cardoe [n=Cardoe@gentoo/developer/Cardoe] has joined #mythtv
11:16-!-jmk_ [n=jmk@] has joined #mythtv
11:17-!-Cardoe [n=Cardoe@gentoo/developer/Cardoe] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
11:17-!-Cardoe [n=Cardoe@gentoo/developer/Cardoe] has joined #mythtv
11:18-!-skamithi [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
11:19-!-dekarl [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
11:32<jams>gbee present ?
11:32<gbee>jams: yeah, but only just - just got home
11:33<gbee>haven't even taken my coat off yet :)
11:33-!-[nrx] [] has joined #mythtv
11:33<jams>gonna take a screenshot, then hopefully you can tell me how to fix it when you get a chance.
11:33-!-[nrx] [] has left #mythtv []
11:34-!-nordenm [] has joined #mythtv
11:34<gbee>sure, just going to make a cup of tea
11:37-!-harminoff [] has quit ["( :: NoNameScript 4.02 :: )"]
11:38<jams>that looks awful, i would prefer to not see the background or maybe make it a bit darker.
11:39<jams>hard to see which is the popup text and which is the menu text
11:55<gbee>jams: yeah, no background image is defined for the default popup yet, I was going to draw one this week but I've not got around to it
11:56<jams>oh well if thats all it is, then i will carry one with making the buttons work.
11:56<gbee>the popup is defined in base.xml (default/default-wide), just need to stick in an <imagetype> near the top of that window
11:57<gbee> << Metallurgy with popup background defined (buttons are too small though)
11:57<jams>i see
11:58<gbee>metallugy window definition -
12:00<justinh>really not looking forward to bringing themes up to date now
12:01<jams>that makes sense.
12:01<jams>thanks for the assistance.
12:01<gbee>jams: dialog could be full screen but use transparency etc, or use a an opaque background - whatever you want
12:01<justinh>announced on my site today that blootube, projectgrayhem, blootubelite-wide & neon-wide won't be getting any more updates
12:01<gbee>I've just not got around to adding a background and proper definition for the dialog in base.xml :/
12:02<justinh>have little enough motivation as it is without trying to find it for themes I don't use
12:02<jams>guess i was thinking in qt pop-up terms
12:02-!-siXy [i=siXy@] has quit ["bye!"]
12:02<gbee>we're in the age of themeable popups now ;)
12:03<justinh>gbee: any idea what to do with what's left in themes within trunk? just leave them as they are & if anybody else feels like updating em they can?
12:03<gbee>MythDialogBox is special since the one definition is used for every popup
12:04<justinh>I had slight misgivings about the common popup at first but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. all those tidgy little popups never looked right IMHO
12:04<gbee>justinh: hmm, I'd delete them because it will cause confusion otherwise - if someone wants to maintain them they can 'rescue' them by checking out a specific revision
12:04<justinh>there'll be backlash but I'd rather spend my time doing other things
12:04<Chutt>leave them.
12:05<gbee>justinh: would you rather theme every single popup menu separately?
12:05<justinh>gbee: oh hell no :) that was another factor ;)
12:07<gbee>spent most of the day standing around in hospital, so right now I just want to sit back and relax for a couple of hours
12:07<justinh>everything alright?
12:08<gbee>justinh: yeah, just a little scare with my Dad
12:09-!-reynaldo_ is now known as reynaldo
12:10<justinh>hope all continues to be well :)
12:12<reynaldo>hi guys, still about EIT, gues it uses country/tz data, where does it get it from? environment vars ?
12:13<justinh>I'm not guessing that one
12:13<justinh>I think all the times are sent in UTC format... the code will know
12:16-!-S2 [] has joined #mythtv
12:16<reynaldo>any hint on where to start looking justinh ?
12:17<reynaldo>er, brb
12:17<justinh>might even vary from country to country. there's meant to be a standard for it but the evidence points to it not always being followed to the letter
12:18<justinh>anyway at the risk of sounding rude, who's being paid to write your plugins?
12:19<janneg>EIT starttimes are transmited as UTC but inserted as localtime. for DVB EIT the conversion happens in eithelper.cpp
12:19<janneg>the function is iirc MythUTCtoLocal
12:22-!-onixian [n=xian@] has joined #mythtv
12:27<sphery>Would be nice to get in before 0.22. It's a common complaint/issue for users (even mentioned in one of today's posts).
12:27<sphery>I mean before 0.21... :)
12:29<sphery>rooaus may have to figure out what should be done (update the patch) now that #4448 has been committed.
12:29<gbee>not sure we want the maps.xml stuff in the database, the point of external scripts/data files was that they are easier to update/fix and drop into an existing install
12:30<gbee>if it goes into the database then you've got to install a whole new version of mythtv to update it
12:36-!-gnome42 [] has joined #mythtv
12:37-!-astyler [n=astyler@CMU-214044.WV.CC.CMU.EDU] has joined #mythtv
12:38-!-astyler [n=astyler@CMU-214044.WV.CC.CMU.EDU] has left #mythtv []
12:38<sphery>gbee: Probably worth telling him that (as you're the owner-du-jour of MythWeather). I was mainly just trying to help him with the "maps.xml file is overwritten with each svn update" part. (And, I think I figured out what he's doing since I posted--he's editing the /installed/ copy, rather than editing the copy of maps.xml in the working copy.)
12:39*sphery wonders why ldunning doesn't get changed to gbee (or even ijr) for the MythWeather component
12:41<gbee>ideally we'll get to the stage where mythweather/mythvideo scripts are kept on and automatically downloaded when there are updates available, so storing that info in the database becomes even less desirable
12:42<gbee>that way we don't need new point releases every time NWS/BBC/EnvCan etc change their rss feeds
12:43<sphery>That would be /very/ nice (and, I'd guess knowing that will satisfy the reporter).
12:58-!-xris [] has joined #mythtv
13:01<gbee>gets more complex when you realise than maps.xml belongs to the NWS grabber, there are currently three different grabbers available (BBC, EnvCan being the other two), if we start creating new tables for each grabber it would quickly get out of hand
13:11<reynaldo>justinh: er, me oc
13:17-!-Merlin83b2 [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
13:17-!-xian__ [n=xian@] has joined #mythtv
13:17<reynaldo>does that bothers you? it was an open question and I havent been pretending otherwise
13:18<reynaldo>I fail to see the point were getting paid to work with/on FOSS projects gets bad
13:19<reynaldo>I naturally ask the ones who know better whenever I face a problem I think any other more experience folk can lead me out from
13:22<reynaldo>FOSS, from where I'm setting is not about not making money but about sharing regardles of it
13:25<reynaldo>I'd ratter earn money working on FOSS projects than on closed source/propietary ones, that for sure.
13:26-!-justinh [] has left #mythtv []
13:32-!-clever is now known as clever[rev]
13:32-!-onixian [n=xian@] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
13:32-!-nordenm_ [] has joined #mythtv
13:40-!-clever[rev] [] has quit [Excess Flood]
13:41-!-clever[rev] [] has joined #mythtv
13:48-!-nordenm [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
14:11-!-reynaldo [] has quit ["leaving"]
14:13-!-czth_ [n=dbrobins@nat/microsoft/x-54815f4b15161ef1] has joined #mythtv
14:16-!-reynaldo [] has joined #mythtv
14:21-!-greend139 [n=greend13@] has joined #mythtv
14:29-!-czth [n=dbrobins@nat/microsoft/x-03cde77f43b4285d] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
14:33-!-TXusg990a [] has joined #mythtv
14:37-!-mattwire [] has joined #mythtv
14:46-!-JoeBorn [] has joined #mythtv
14:49-!-xian__ [n=xian@] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
14:53-!-czth__ [n=dbrobins@nat/microsoft/x-e4529296865ccf91] has joined #mythtv
15:04-!-S2 [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
15:05<gbee>any objections to me creating a new mythui branch where I can offload a few patches without affecting the stability of trunk?
15:07<reynaldo>to branch or not to branch, the golden question of branch-enabled SCMS :)
15:07<reynaldo>just so you dont feel all alone, I'm with you gbee
15:08<stuarta>gbee: if you need to offload them before 0.21 then it's probably a good idea.
15:09-!-czth_ [n=dbrobins@nat/microsoft/x-54815f4b15161ef1] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
15:09<reynaldo>stuarta: It is my understanding youre one of the EIT code authors, under that light, can I ask you a question? I need to fnd out to what extent a live change of the host machine tz/country setting could affect the normal operation of your EIT retrieving routines
15:09<gbee>stuarta: it would probably be easier that way, I've a growing collection and though I don't expect them to cause problems, I don't think it's wise to dump them into trunk now that we are effectively in feature freeze
15:09<reynaldo>stuarta: meaning: I'm kind of lost :)
15:11<janneg>reynaldo: it won't work as long as you want reliably record something
15:11<gbee>as I generally don't like the hassle of keeping branches in sync, any changes would only remain in the branch for a couple of weeks at most before they are merged into trunk, but it should provide a buffer
15:11<janneg>reynaldo: program data is stored as local time
15:13<reynaldo>janneg: what If such a change fired a flush of the yet to be recorded queue and oc the old EIT data ?
15:13<reynaldo>are there any other parts of Myth that would need to get taken care of? if such a live change is needed I mean.
15:14<reynaldo>maybe the 'yet to be recorded' scheule can be adjusted, we can measure the tz change shift after all
15:14<janneg>why would you want to change the timezone?
15:15<janneg>as long as the computer isn't moved there is no reason to change the timezone
15:15<reynaldo>janneg: it kind of scapes me, really. From where I'm sitting it seems that what is wanted is to centralize all common machine maintenance tasks to be done directly on myth
15:15<reynaldo>without leaving it I mean.
15:16<reynaldo>as the ultra top secret idea is clearily to sell a set top box bundled with it
15:18<janneg>so it is a one time operation? I would restart the backend and delete/adjust the program data
15:19<reynaldo>Its an idea, thanks for your suggestion and time. I will keep looking at the issue.
15:29-!-justinh [] has joined #mythtv
15:30*stuarta reads back
15:31<stuarta>justinh: guess i'll have to adopt PG now you've decided to orphan the poor thing
15:31-!-kormoc [n=kormoc@unaffiliated/kormoc] has joined #mythtv
15:31*stuarta runs off and continues cooking
15:32<justinh>sorry & all that. It's my fault. If I hadn't bloody done so many in the 1st place..
15:32-!-Tobias92 [] has joined #mythtv
15:32<Tobias92>Hello mythtv people :). I just installed mythtv and it says when I want to watch tv, it cant connect to the backend. How can I fix this?
15:33<justinh>joining the correct channel would be a good start :) See the join message & the channel topic
15:34<Tobias92>Woops, terribly sorry. I'll head over there
15:40-!-greend139 [n=greend13@] has quit []
16:01<rooaus>sphery: Just leaving for work now, but I will update #3642 tonight. (It is a quick change)
16:08<stuarta>justinh: heh, no problem. i'll live with it for now and get around to fixing some things.
16:09*stuarta goes for more cooking!
16:13<sphery>rooaus: Cool. Thanks. I figured your doing so may make it easier for Captain_Murdoch (since he applied #4448) or whoever to review the patch since you know the history or the patches.
16:15-!-Tobias92 [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
16:29-!-MrGandalf [] has quit ["home"]
16:43-!-clever[rev] is now known as clever
17:01-!-CDev [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
17:05<Cardoe>no nigel eh..
17:06<stuarta>never is
17:08-!-internat85 [] has joined #mythtv
17:09-!-Internat [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
17:11-!-j-rod is now known as j-rodimus
17:18-!-mo0dbo0m [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
17:32-!-jmk_ [n=jmk@] has quit ["Leaving"]
17:32-!-j-rodimus is now known as j-rod
17:34<j-rod>hrm, any known issues with glXGetProcAddress and very new libGL/X/etc?
17:36<laga>when building?
17:37-!-Internat [] has joined #mythtv
17:37<j-rod>no, after build, trying to run
17:37<j-rod>I think...
17:37<sphery>j-rod: glXGetProcAddress and very new libGL/X/etc?
17:37<sphery>01.31 17:36:07 < laga> when building?
17:37<sphery>01.31 17:37:25 -!- Internat [] has joined #mythtv
17:37<sphery>01.31 17:37:37 < j-rod> no, after build, trying to run
17:37<sphery>j-rod: glXGetProcAddress and very new libGL/X/etc?
17:37<sphery>01.31 17:36:07 < laga> when building?
17:37<j-rod>ah yes, there
17:37<sphery>01.31 17:37:25 -!- Internat [] has joined #mythtv
17:37-!-internat85 [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
17:37<sphery>01.31 17:37:37 < j-rod> no, after build, trying to run
17:38<sphery>sorry... paste issues
17:38*stuarta trouts sphery
17:38<sphery>someone commented a couple days ago that they're still seeing errors after that
17:38-!-jmk [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
17:38<j-rod>sphery: aha, thanks for the pointer
17:38<sphery>(I deserved the trout)
17:38-!-jmk [] has joined #mythtv
17:42<justinh>stuarta: started doing the rounds - can only think of one thing that needs doing for sure & that's the imdb entry box - should be a remoteedit not a textarea now
17:43<justinh>anyway.. g'night all
17:45<janneg>stupid eit monkeys. 1 hour show starting at 23:00 and ending 6:00
17:45-!-mattwire_ [] has joined #mythtv
17:46-!-mattwire [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
17:46-!-czth_ [n=dbrobins@nat/microsoft/x-419c4a59f7e181e6] has joined #mythtv
17:49<stuarta>justinh: night
17:51<j-rod>seems it might be a side-effect of building against libGL, but running against nvidia GL libs...
17:51<j-rod>really old nvidia libs
17:51<stuarta>i have heard stuff like that mentioned
17:52<superm1>j-rod, against nvidia legacy?
17:53<superm1>j-rod, something like
17:54<j-rod>superm1: nope, the build was done against libGL, and went fine, stuff falls apart at runtime
17:54<j-rod>mythfrontend: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/ undefined symbol: glXGetProcAddress
17:54<j-rod>but the box that's happening on does have an older nvidia card w/one of the legacy drivers
17:54<superm1>j-rod, well let me explain a little better
17:54<superm1>j-rod, the build was done against libGL originally
17:54<superm1>and they had the same runtime errors
17:54<superm1>so i had them grab the source package
17:54<superm1>and build it locally
17:55<superm1>and when building locally with legacy drivers installed, they encountered that at build time
17:55<j-rod>ah, okay
17:55<j-rod>so yeah, probably the same situation
17:55<j-rod>71.86.01 drivers on this end
17:55<superm1>let me see if the chap is still online right now
17:57<superm1>my guess would be that the older libraries aren't upgraded to the newer api's perhaps?
17:57-!-MrGandalf [] has joined #mythtv
17:58-!-jgarvey [] has quit ["Leaving"]
17:58-!-mattwire_ [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
17:59-!-mattwire_ [] has joined #mythtv
18:01<j-rod>would appear so, yeah
18:02-!-czth__ [n=dbrobins@nat/microsoft/x-e4529296865ccf91] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
18:04-!-Cardoe [n=Cardoe@gentoo/developer/Cardoe] has quit ["Leaving"]
18:12-!-mattwire_ [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
18:14-!-mattwire_ [] has joined #mythtv
18:23-!-mattwire_ [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
18:24-!-splat1 is now known as splAt1
18:24-!-splAt1 is now known as splat1
18:24-!-mattwire_ [] has joined #mythtv
18:25-!-CDev [] has joined #mythtv
18:27-!-canatella [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
18:41-!-mattwire_ [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
18:51-!-Dibblah [] has joined #mythtv
18:55-!-mattwire_ [] has joined #mythtv
18:56-!-JoeBorn [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
18:59-!-Anduin [] has left #mythtv []
18:59-!-canatella [] has joined #mythtv
19:01-!-jhulst [n=jhulst@unaffiliated/jhulst] has joined #mythtv
19:01-!-mattwire_ [] has quit ["Leaving"]
19:07-!-nsaspook [] has quit ["using sirc version 2.211+KSIRC/1.3.12"]
19:32-!-KaiForce [] has joined #mythtv
19:33-!-KaiForce [] has left #mythtv []
19:52-!-TelnetManta [] has joined #mythtv
20:01-!-ahbritto [] has joined #mythtv
20:14-!-splat1 is now known as splAt1
20:15-!-splAt1 is now known as splat1
20:20<TXusg990a>xris: mythweb - the data/video symlink should point to the mythvideos directory listed in the DB right?
20:20<TXusg990a>xris: if so, then object/Video.php should not reference .$mythvideo_dir
20:20<TXusg990a>xris: else the url would be /some_dir/movies/some_dir/movies/some_video, right?
20:21<xris>TXusg990a: what version of myth?
20:21<TXusg990a>SVN (15666) currently
20:23<TXusg990a>last change to Video.php was 15274 (line 73)
20:23<xris>so 0.19?
20:23<TXusg990a>sorry trunk SVN (0.21)
20:23<xris>svn revision != version
20:24<xris>the objects stuff isn't live
20:24<xris>kormoc is in the process of separating out some API stuff that isn't quite ready for mainstream yet, in anticipation of .21 being released
20:32-!-internat85 [] has joined #mythtv
20:33-!-Internat [] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
20:49-!-TelnetManta [] has quit [Client Quit]
20:49<kormoc>xris, that object is live
20:50<kormoc>TXusg990a, what line number are you looking at?
20:50<TXusg990a>line 73
20:52*kormoc peers
20:53-!-Anduin [] has joined #mythtv
20:53<TXusg990a>kormoc: got to step away for a bit - thanks for taking a look
21:03<kormoc>TXusg990a, I'm gonna have to poke at it more at home, but I think you have a point
21:06-!-JoeBorn [] has joined #mythtv
21:18-!-leprechau [] has joined #mythtv
21:21<reynaldo>regardling Myth UI: are contexts exclusive?
21:21<reynaldo>I'm looking for a way to disable all elements inside a particular container in a given window
21:22<reynaldo>but I'd like them to appear, ie, be there, just not 'enabled'
21:22<reynaldo>like somewhat grayed out
21:22<reynaldo>not sure I'm making myself clear
21:23<reynaldo>I was under the impresion contexts where used to step through more than one 'window'
21:23<reynaldo>not sure if they are usesfull in this particular case, what i need is to 'enable' a window portion on a given action
21:24-!-sigger_ [] has joined #mythtv
21:25<reynaldo>I will take an screenshot :-)
21:29<reynaldo>I'm looking at some way to gray out the portion of the screen below 'type of configuration'
21:32-!-leprechau [] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
21:33<clever>reynaldo: thats a new config window:O
21:33<reynaldo>Im afraid it isn't
21:33<reynaldo>it's a plugin to change the network settings of the box
21:34<reynaldo>is not part of the settings wizard where it proly belongs
21:34<reynaldo>maybe some of it could be used to extend the settings wizzard in that direction latter, not sure the guys here would be interested on that
21:36<clever>would need rootish settings to work anyways
21:36<reynaldo>the idea is to make it work with network manager
21:36<reynaldo>im buiding on top of it
21:36<reynaldo>but right now what im chocking at is mythui
21:37<reynaldo>I'm not good at that kunfu
21:48-!-JoeBorn [] has quit ["homeward"]
21:50-!-leprechau [] has joined #mythtv
22:01-!-davilla [] has joined #mythtv
22:09-!-internat85 [] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
22:56-!-danielk22 [] has joined #mythtv
22:58<Chutt>just got a ton of bounces from the dev list
23:00-!-davilla [] has quit ["This computer has gone to sleep"]
23:11-!-davilla [] has joined #mythtv
23:15-!-danielk22 [] has left #mythtv []
23:29-!-kormoc [n=kormoc@unaffiliated/kormoc] has quit []
23:37-!-leprechau [] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
23:53-!-Shaun2222 [] has joined #mythtv
---Logclosed Fri Feb 01 00:00:01 2008