Back to Home / #openttd / 2018 / 03 / Prev Day | Next Day
#openttd IRC Logs for 2018-03-17

---Logopened Sat Mar 17 00:00:50 2018
00:30-!-snail_UES_ [] has quit [Quit: snail_UES_]
02:14-!-Mahjong1 [~qq@2a00:23c5:6507:1a00:185:677f:b09e:df81] has quit [Read error: Connection reset by peer]
02:15-!-Mahjong1 [~qq@2a00:23c5:6507:1a00:185:677f:b09e:df81] has joined #openttd
02:15-!-Mahjong1 is "realname" on #ohnx #openttd
02:24-!-sla_ro|master [] has joined #openttd
02:24-!-sla_ro|master is "slamaster" on #sla #openttd
02:30-!-supermop [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
03:02-!-nielsm [] has joined #openttd
03:02-!-nielsm is "Niels Martin hansen" on #openttd #tycoon
03:02-!-keoz [~keikoz@2a01:e35:2fd5:51e0:d790:795d:2cc7:b53d] has joined #openttd
03:02-!-keoz is "Grmph" on #openttd
03:07-!-andythenorth [] has joined #openttd
03:07-!-andythenorth is "andythenorth" on #openttd
03:15-!-Alberth [] has joined #openttd
03:15-!-mode/#openttd [+o Alberth] by ChanServ
03:15-!-Alberth is "purple" on @#openttd
03:17<@Alberth>it's snowing here :)
03:25-!-Cubey [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
03:30-!-Progman [] has joined #openttd
03:30-!-Progman is "Peter Henschel" on #openttdcoop #openttd
03:39-!-[1]sim-al2 [] has joined #openttd
03:39-!-[1]sim-al2 is "sim-al2" on #openttd @#/r/openttd
03:42-!-sim-al2 [] has quit [Read error: Connection reset by peer]
03:42-!-[1]sim-al2 is now known as sim-al2
03:48-!-keoz [~keikoz@2a01:e35:2fd5:51e0:d790:795d:2cc7:b53d] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
04:05<andythenorth>sulfur is so brightly coloured
04:13<__ln__>which newgrf is that
04:15<andythenorth>it's future Sam
04:15<andythenorth>screenshot used a time machine
04:15<__ln__>i see
04:15<andythenorth>we also introduced arbitrary map rotation in future
04:16<@Alberth>including upside down
04:16<@Alberth>(not shown in this picture)
04:16<@Alberth>I started a new steel game at 256x256, it feels very small :)
04:17<andythenorth>you should try my ships :P
04:17<@Alberth>:o indeed
04:17<andythenorth>I like 256x256
04:18<@Alberth>I usually play 512x512 or 256x512
04:19<@Alberth>hmm, shippy steel game at 128x128 ?
04:19<andythenorth>it's not a complete roster in the alpha
04:21<@Alberth>let's try
04:36-!-gelignite [] has joined #openttd
04:36-!-gelignite is "gelignite" on #openttd #openttdcoop.devzone
04:50-!-[1]sim-al2 [] has joined #openttd
04:50-!-[1]sim-al2 is "sim-al2" on #openttd #/r/openttd
04:50-!-sim-al2 is now known as Guest814
04:50-!-[1]sim-al2 is now known as sim-al2
04:51-!-Guest814 [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
04:57<TrueBrain>right .. lets see how GitHub auto-import from SubVersion works :D
04:57<TrueBrain>Detecting ..... well, that takes for ever :P
04:59<TrueBrain>okay, this is going to take a while I guess .. lol ..
05:00<TrueBrain>haha: "There was an error importing commits"
05:00<TrueBrain>I am not surprised :D
05:00<TrueBrain>no details nothing
05:13-!-iSoSyS [] has joined #openttd
05:13-!-iSoSyS is "realname" on #/r/openttd #openttd
05:19<andythenorth>I imported to github, but maybe from git :P
05:19<TrueBrain>funny, we used to modify git-svn to do what we want to do :)
05:19<TrueBrain>do commits start with (svn r..) ?
05:20<TrueBrain>then you forked from the git import :)
05:20<TrueBrain>(that is very non-default behaviour)
05:21<TrueBrain>but I really like that, over leaving a git-svn-id to a svn that will be shut down over time ..
05:21<TrueBrain>but it turns out that the patch we used for that, no longer applies :D
05:27<TrueBrain>and nobody understands Perl, so this is difficult :)
05:33<@Alberth>quite :(
05:34<TrueBrain>okay .. so that import is running ... that will take a very very very very very very very long time :D
05:35<TrueBrain>most curious if it picks up branches etc correctly
05:35<TrueBrain>do we still have branches on svn .. hmm
05:35<TrueBrain>(except for the release branches)
05:35<TrueBrain>owh, yes, the 'extra' stuff :D
05:35<TrueBrain>they need to go in different repos, I guess
05:36<TrueBrain>no other unexpected stuff anymore, good
05:40<@Alberth>old airport stuff perhaps?
05:40<TrueBrain>not in subversion anymore
05:40<@Alberth>someone has cleaned up :)
05:40<TrueBrain>yeah, a while back I think
05:41<TrueBrain>hmm .. git svn doesn't tag our tags :D
05:41<TrueBrain>but that is fixable
05:41<TrueBrain>in subversion you make a commit to make a tag, which is a bit odd :D
05:41<@Alberth>git likes that too, afaik
05:42<@Alberth>but you can do without
05:42<TrueBrain>a tag is not a commit in git
05:42<TrueBrain>just a marker
05:42<@Alberth>git tag -s I think?
05:43<@Alberth>but makes sense if it's a public tag, like a release
05:43<@Alberth>much less if it's an internal tag
05:43<TrueBrain>I guess what I will do is make git-tags out of the tags branches, and remove the branches
05:43<@Alberth>oh, git tag -a is the one
05:43<TrueBrain>even if there are some commits on them, the tag will show that
05:44<TrueBrain>should be sufficient information I guess
05:44<@Alberth>yeah, it just has to be findable
05:46-!-Biolunar [] has joined #openttd
05:46-!-Biolunar is "Biolunar" on #openttd #suckless
05:48<TrueBrain>so now, FlySpray import .. lets see :)
05:52<TrueBrain>hmm .. can I make the svn import skip any branches no following certain names .. as .. they will be removed anyway .. wasting time .. I wonder ..
05:53<TrueBrain>seems you cant
05:53<TrueBrain>owh well
05:53<TrueBrain>guess they are part of the history too :P
05:55<TrueBrain>import is at commit 500
05:55<TrueBrain>this is going to take a long while :P
05:56<LordAro>and fail at commit 19k
05:56<nielsm>so why are you making your own anyway?
05:56<TrueBrain>"my own"
05:56<TrueBrain>LordAro: why do you make me sad :(
05:56<LordAro>TrueBrain: i try
05:56<TrueBrain>nielsm: if I am not going to do it, who is going to?
05:57<nielsm>well is an automatically maintained gitsvn, syncing up to new svn adds?
05:59<TrueBrain>well, it is automatic, but it didn't came into existance "automatically" :D
05:59<LordAro>nielsm: if you check you might get an answer
05:59<TrueBrain>LordAro: don't spoil it :P
05:59<TrueBrain>nielsm: but for we made the desicion to have all branches etc not follow their parent; this means that we have alot of small git repos
06:00<TrueBrain>I now need one single repo with everything in there
06:00<TrueBrain>I can of course merge those gits together .. but that is more effort ;)
06:00-!-Stimrol [] has joined #openttd
06:00-!-Stimrol is "Stimrol" on #openttd
06:00*nielsm feels slightly silly
06:01<TrueBrain>basically, I am trying to prepare a full migration to GitHub, where we shut down svn/git/hg on itself
06:01<LordAro>TB has a tendency to do that, don't worry :p
06:01<TrueBrain>LordAro: now look what you did to that poor man!
06:01<TrueBrain>or girl .. but niels suggests man :P
06:01<TrueBrain>well .. girl vs man is a bit insulting .. not what I meant :P
06:01*LordAro hands TB a shovel
06:02<nielsm>so development would move to using a git repos as the primary source of truth?
06:02<TrueBrain>nah, I did that all by myself, no worries
06:02<TrueBrain>and it makes me write PHP .. not sure what I think about this
06:03<TrueBrain>1000 commits done ..
06:03<TrueBrain>that that makes 10 minutes for 500 commits ..
06:03<TrueBrain>so 50 per minute . .1 per second ..
06:03<TrueBrain>@calc 27993 / 3600
06:03<@DorpsGek>TrueBrain: 7.77583333333
06:03<TrueBrain>7 hours
06:03<LordAro>aye, git-svn is not fast
06:03<TrueBrain>I dont mind if it is slow, as long as it does the right thing :D
06:03<LordAro>i tried running it on our svn repo at work once
06:03-!-sla_ro|master [] has quit []
06:03<LordAro>with 90k commits
06:03<TrueBrain>we removed commits from subversion .. and some tools really really do not fancy that
06:04<LordAro>luckily it died quickly and i gave up
06:04<TrueBrain>(you cannot find commit r10000, for example)
06:04<andythenorth>could just reset history :P
06:04<LordAro>haha, yes
06:04<andythenorth>we could 'lose' 19k commits
06:04<andythenorth>there is precedent :P
06:04<TrueBrain>it was not 19k commits!
06:04<TrueBrain>just 600!
06:04<TrueBrain>(which was a big deal back then)
06:04<TrueBrain>also the moment I took over hosting :P
06:05<TrueBrain>we could get those commits back if we paid some weird dude money ..
06:05<TrueBrain>it was that bad :P
06:05<TrueBrain>(basically the data was being kept hostage)
06:05<LordAro>r1 implies 975 commits
06:05<TrueBrain>you are correct
06:05<TrueBrain>still not 19k :P
06:05<nielsm>so just going to ask again, I'd like someone to review my new music decoding/etc code, mainly for stylistic issues but anything goes really:
06:06<TrueBrain>was also the moment btw that we started to backup subversion to 3 locations .. every night a full copy of the full subversion is being sent to other locations
06:06<nielsm>any pointers for things to improve or watch out for would be appreciated :)
06:06<TrueBrain>both geo-locations as owners :P
06:06<LordAro>nielsm: i noticed function brace style immediately
06:07<LordAro>no if-not-all-on-one-line without braces
06:08<nielsm>huh and I've looked through that page several times and never noticed my function braces were wrong
06:08<TrueBrain>I am very happy I no longer have a clue how to write PHP .. but this is annoying too :D
06:08<LordAro>nielsm: if-elseif-else braces too
06:08<LordAro>code itself looks alright
06:09<LordAro>not that i've looked in detail
06:09<nielsm>I've exercised the code itself quite a lot so I'm confident it works ;)
06:10<TrueBrain>that is always a good thing :D
06:12<nielsm>I wonder if I can configured VS2015 to not automatically reformat "} else {" into }\nelse {"
06:12<__ln__>nielsm: actually you can
06:15<nielsm>just found it yes
06:17<TrueBrain>too bad you cannot create issues with older dates in GitHub, not even as admin
06:17<TrueBrain>that would have been awesome ...
06:19<andythenorth>found a grain barge :o
06:19<andythenorth>life imitates my newgrf :P
06:21<nielsm>now, is there also an option to make VS2015 understand ///< doxygen comments? by default it just parses them as "invalid xml"
06:21<nielsm>because of the <
06:21<andythenorth>:o box wagon barges also,h_336,al_c,lg_1,q_80/0642f9_e8ae99e02547467fb5a44a71e3e239ec.webp
06:21<LordAro>i'd imagine google will tell you
06:21<LordAro>probably just disable xml comment parsing
06:23<@Alberth>xml as comment format is insane anyway
06:24-!-synchris [~synchris@] has joined #openttd
06:24-!-synchris is "Synesios Christou" on #openttd
06:26<nielsm>at the bottom of midifile.cpp I do some hacky things defining two debugging/easter-egg console commands:
06:26<nielsm>is that acceptable at all?
06:27<nielsm>and, does midifile.cpp belong in the src/music/ directory or somewhere else? it's only related to music but it's not a music driver in itself
06:28<LordAro>it'd be more normal to just move the function above where it's called
06:28<LordAro>the includes should be at the top of the file regardless
06:28<@Alberth>I am getting a little lost between all the islands, andy :)
06:29<LordAro>i'm not qualified to answer about where the file should actually go
06:29<andythenorth>Alberth: that is some ugly map gen :)
06:29<andythenorth>boggles my eyes
06:30<@Alberth>what's worse, there is no room for ships to pass between the islands :)
06:31<@Alberth>needs digging
06:34<@Alberth>I take it that ship prices are still wip?
06:41<TrueBrain>r3333! Almost there or something :D
06:42<andythenorth>Alberth: very WIP
06:43<@Alberth>andy, bow of small tanker seems to change shape from - to /
06:43<@Alberth>latter looks much more round
06:44<@Alberth>(going to the right, ie -> to /^
06:48<andythenorth>let's test
06:50<andythenorth>it looks like it is sharp in – then blunt in / ?
06:54-!-frosch123 [] has joined #openttd
06:54-!-frosch123 is "frosch" on #openttdcoop.devzone #openttd
06:55<@Alberth>blunt version is not bad, it's different from many other ships :)
06:56<andythenorth>the – sprite is modfiied from old
06:56<andythenorth>the / is drawn new
06:56<andythenorth>the – should be changed
06:56*andythenorth makes note
06:57<andythenorth>also covered hopper barge
06:58<@Alberth>ha :)
06:58<@Alberth>drop the last stair to the top floor?
07:00<@Alberth>not sure the barge works, I can't quite decide where the top is
07:00<@Alberth>of the tank, that is
07:01<andythenorth>Alberth: yeah it sucks at the moment
07:01<@Alberth>the big deck at the pushing boat throws it off
07:02<andythenorth>the RL edition is quite definitively triangular
07:02<andythenorth>and has big walkway along top
07:03<@Alberth>oh, you had another one :)
07:03<@Alberth>pushing boat looks like an medieval castle tower :)
07:04<nielsm>which of these is preferable?
07:06<andythenorth>in – angle, triangle roof is very hard to show :P
07:06<frosch123>the first one
07:06<andythenorth>and in / \ views, triangle is PITA :)
07:06<@Alberth>I can imagine
07:07<andythenorth>maybe I flat-top it
07:07<andythenorth>two rows of cargo filling hatches
07:07<nielsm>frosch123 thanks
07:08<@Alberth>I'd write it as a for-loop, I think
07:08<frosch123>also sounds good
07:09<nielsm>Alberth well yes but it gets annoying since it's big endian so you have to write it "in reverse"
07:09<TrueBrain>almost r5000 .. that is not too bad .. 4000 per hour
07:09<nielsm>big endian 7 bit per byte, MIDI is wonderful
07:09<andythenorth>new ship newgrf
07:09<andythenorth>NewWaterFeatures? o_O
07:10<@Alberth>always decode 4 bytes, and keep track of the first non-0 byte
07:10<@Alberth>writing in reverse is perhaps simpler
07:11*andythenorth looks for the water pony list
07:11<@Alberth>hmm, keeping track of the last non-0 perhaps
07:15<TrueBrain>FlySpray allows a "reported version" of another project to exist ....
07:16<TrueBrain>serious, FlySpray database schema is a piece of .....
07:16<@Alberth>we should split openttd in lots of small modules!
07:20<nielsm>okay time to get the baseset file handling hacks I've made cleaned up
07:21<nielsm>need some advice on what to do about the .obm files that will need to specify either straight .mid files, or point into .cat files
07:21<nielsm>what I have for the .obm format right now:
07:22<nielsm>orig_win.obm is slightly modified from the one in the game right now, only added the [timingtrim] section
07:22<nielsm>orig_dos.obm is my suggestion for how to handle the .cat file music without needing a wholly different format
07:23<@Alberth> <-- big endian writing example, very untested :)
07:24<@Alberth>why not make a section for each file?
07:25<@Alberth>would be simpler to extend to more files
07:25<nielsm>I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but this was what I could come up with that doesn't break the entire baseset infrastructure already in place
07:26<TrueBrain>cool .. FlySpray has tasks that are opened by nobody! :D
07:27<@Alberth>no idea what infrastructure that is, but you're writing code to load the file, right? couldn't it just load it in the existing infra structure?
07:27<@Alberth>secret FS tasks!
07:27<@Alberth>could be easter eggs :p
07:27<nielsm>Alberth the problem is that the existing code assumes that each music track is a separate physical file, which is true for the original music from the Windows version of TTD
07:27<nielsm>but the DOS version has all the music packed into a single .CAT file
07:29<@Alberth>and? how does that prevent ordering data about one entry in one section?
07:29<Eddi|zuHause>can't you add a layer that treats the .cat file like a directory, like .tar files?
07:30<@Alberth>[old1] name=...; md5=...; title=... much simpler and more extensible imho
07:30<nielsm>Alberth yeah then every single other baseset file (defining graphics etc) would also have to be changed ;)
07:30<nielsm>and invalidate existing basesets on bananas
07:31<@Alberth>I am just moving the same information around
07:31<nielsm>unless there were two separate code paths reading old format or new format
07:32<@Alberth>separate section for the information does not automatically imply change in data format of the storage, imho
07:32<@Alberth>If I split a shopping list to 2 pieces of paper, you don't have to go to different shops by definition
07:34<TrueBrain>lol, currently the import is busywith something called MiniIN .. that is a long long time ago, holy crap :D
07:35<Eddi|zuHause>those were the good times :p
07:36<Eddi|zuHause>MiniIN was born when the old PBS code was removed from trunk
07:37<TrueBrain>and I can now fetch all the needed data from FlySpray .. next step, uploading it to GitHub :D
07:37<TrueBrain>first some lunch ..
07:38<Eddi|zuHause>and i need to go outside and drive through the snow... but i really don't want to... :/
07:38<@Alberth>game stops me from breaking the "ships only" rule, by not having trucks or trains at the current year :)
07:43<andythenorth>Eddi|zuHause: deliveroo? :P
07:44<andythenorth>or is it more than just getting food?
07:44<Eddi|zuHause>no, extended family gathering
07:45-!-gelignite [] has quit [Quit: I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.]
07:53-!-Lejving_ [] has quit [Read error: Connection reset by peer]
07:53-!-keoz [~keikoz@2a01:e35:2fd5:51e0:d790:795d:2cc7:b53d] has joined #openttd
07:53-!-keoz is "Grmph" on #openttd
08:03*andythenorth might learn how to pipenv
08:03<andythenorth>if it's good, we could maybe wrap nml in it
08:09-!-synchris [~synchris@] has quit [Quit: No Ping reply in 180 seconds.]
08:10-!-synchris [~synchris@] has joined #openttd
08:10-!-synchris is "Synesios Christou" on #openttd
08:33<TrueBrain>r9000 .. 1/3rd or so there .. and it is still running :D w00p!
08:35<@Rubidium>but will it fail around r10k?
08:35<TrueBrain>I wonder that myself too
08:36<TrueBrain>the GitHub import for sure fails on our svn layout .. I am guessing the missing commits really fucked them over :P
08:36-!-Wormnest [] has joined #openttd
08:36-!-Wormnest is "Wormnest" on #openttd
08:40-!-Gja [] has joined #openttd
08:40-!-Gja is "Martin" on #ceph #bcache #openttd
08:45<TrueBrain>awh, because OpenTTD is now an Organization, I cannot use it as Users to create the tickets via
08:45<TrueBrain>so I need to create a new account I guess to do so ..
08:45<TrueBrain>I guess DorpsGek is expanding his horizon :P
08:54<@Alberth>dorpsgek goes github!
08:55-!-HerzogDeXtEr [] has joined #openttd
08:55-!-HerzogDeXtEr is "purple" on #openttd
08:55<TrueBrain>I called it OpenTTD-Bot .. I am getting old :(
08:57<LordAro>butbut.. dorpsgek
08:57<LordAro>doesn't appear to be taken
08:57<TrueBrain>having tickets created by "DorpsGek" might not be very verbose for anyone, I guess
08:58<TrueBrain>then again ...
08:58<TrueBrain>BaNaNaS is neither :D
08:58<LordAro>the google code importer did it by just tagging the issues as imported
08:59-!-dvim [] has quit []
08:59<TrueBrain>its done! DorpsGek his name is
09:00<TrueBrain>it is possible with that I broke the SVN -> GitHub link we currently have, but fuck that :P
09:00<TrueBrain>that "should" work via a deploy-key
09:00<TrueBrain>oeh, r10150 .. so the import doesnt care about missing revisions :D
09:01<TrueBrain>this might not be the most bandwidth efficient method .. I am doing the import on my home machine :D
09:03<LordAro>there can't be that much data
09:07<TrueBrain>subversion? 30k commits?
09:07<LordAro>or rather, it can't be that much all at once that it's bandwidth limited
09:07<TrueBrain>hmm .. when creating an issue on GitHub I get a 404 back, with the message: Not Found, and the link to the documentation ...
09:08<TrueBrain>lot of IO I notice
09:08<TrueBrain>it is just plainfully slow :P
09:15-!-tokai|noir [] has joined #openttd
09:15-!-mode/#openttd [+v tokai|noir] by ChanServ
09:15-!-tokai|noir is "Christian Rosentreter" on +#openttd
09:17<TrueBrain>totally puzzled why I cannot create an issue on github ..
09:18<TrueBrain>ah, token didnt have enough permissions
09:20<TrueBrain>For 'links/0/schema', nil is not an object
09:20<TrueBrain>lol @ error
09:20<LordAro>well it's not wrong
09:21<@Alberth>much better andy
09:21<TrueBrain>and now the fiddle starts :)
09:21<TrueBrain>owh, and it emails me when DorpsGek makes an issue .. ugh .. that is a lot of spam :P
09:21<LordAro>you can probably disable the emails somewhere
09:21<@Alberth>disable notification by email :)
09:22<LordAro>also, presumably that issue should be closed
09:22<TrueBrain>yes, comments and closing is yet-to-be-done
09:22-!-tokai [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
09:24<TrueBrain>reload if you had it loaded; suggestions to make the content more clear?
09:24<nielsm>okay think I've settled on doing the baseset music with catfile support like this:
09:25<nielsm>doesn't affect the MD5File type or any other handling related to that at all then
09:26<nielsm>only MusicSet and other directly music-related code needs to change now
09:29<andythenorth>TrueBrain: do another comment, more complicated content? o_O
09:30<TrueBrain>I want to get the basics done first, but I will do in a bit
09:36<TrueBrain>I wonder if I should make the 'category' a label instead .. not sure how consistent they are used in FlySpray
09:37-!-supermop [] has joined #openttd
09:37-!-supermop is "A CIRC user" on #openttd
09:39<andythenorth>I went through 800 bugs in 2017
09:39<andythenorth>I'd say the category doesn't add much
09:40<andythenorth>to make sense of issues, I rewrote titles :P
09:40<andythenorth>seemed easier
09:49-!-SeraphAngel [] has joined #openttd
09:49-!-SeraphAngel is "Fullname" on #openttd
09:53<LordAro>not sure the "Information" header is needed
09:54<TrueBrain>agreed, will remove
09:55<TrueBrain>I wonder if this is also triggering emails in info@ mailbox :D
09:56<frosch123>maybe put the author of the message above their comments
09:56<frosch123>like "Darkvater [2015-12-21 14:41]:\nCH_LAST tells..."
09:58-!-Wacko1976 [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
09:59<@Alberth>suggestion label would be useful, imho
09:59<TrueBrain>suggestion label?
10:00<LordAro>i think i preferred the comment by/at headers
10:00<frosch123>currently it only has "flyspray" label
10:00<LordAro>maybe "Comment by: Bjarni, 08 Decem..."
10:00<frosch123>category and issue type could be labels
10:00<LordAro>^ can't hurt, even if they are a bit useless
10:01<@Alberth>oh "Feature Request" it's called
10:01<LordAro>still needs something separating the "header"
10:01<LordAro>maybe just bolding it would do?
10:02<TrueBrain>"header" ?
10:02<@Alberth>s/@/at/ but seems ok
10:02<TrueBrain>I think this way of author @ date is nice
10:02<TrueBrain>@->at, sure
10:02<TrueBrain>and labels .. hmm .. will check in a bit
10:02<LordAro>the author bit
10:03<TrueBrain>also with labels
10:04<@Alberth>Reason to close: Implemented ?
10:04<LordAro>i like it :)
10:04<TrueBrain>at -> on
10:05<TrueBrain>Alberth: reload, like this?
10:06<@Alberth>looks good
10:06<TrueBrain>I like I could keep the links to attachments :D
10:06<LordAro> shame it wasn't actually an attachment :p
10:07<TrueBrain>stupid people being stupid :)
10:07<TrueBrain>I can only keep things working for which I am in control :D
10:07<TrueBrain>Q: I use the username here now; should I add the full name of people?
10:07<TrueBrain>(like FlySpray does)
10:07<@Alberth>github username would be another option
10:08<TrueBrain>I don't have them for all our users, sorry :)
10:08<@Alberth>I'd leave it at a nick
10:08<frosch123>i only ever use the nicks
10:09<TrueBrain>FlySpray label good enough, or should it read: Imported from FlySpray or something?
10:09<TrueBrain>I need to wait for glx to get here before I import more .. he needs to unwatch the project :P
10:09<frosch123>it's only for filtering, so good enough
10:09<LordAro>it'd be good if they were labels that can be reused later
10:09<TrueBrain>FlySpray should never be reused silly :P
10:10<TrueBrain>the other labels .. *shrug* .. that will work itself out
10:10<LordAro>well, yes :p
10:10<TrueBrain>okay, some more tweaks ..
10:10<TrueBrain>please also do a grammer check etc :D
10:10<TrueBrain>I am not retroactively going to fix 7000 tickets :P
10:11<LordAro>"Reason for closing"
10:11<TrueBrain>now I need to find a way to waste issue-number, to fill the holes that exist :D
10:12<TrueBrain>(to keep the FS numbers in sequence)
10:12<LordAro>"Category" is a bit redundant if using labels
10:12<TrueBrain>so is the first line of the ticket, in that case
10:12<TrueBrain>anything else?
10:13<frosch123> <- should be use some of the default labels?
10:13<frosch123>like "feature request" -> "nhancement"?
10:13<TrueBrain>I can make a mapping for the task types
10:14<@Alberth>Bjarni opened FlySpray ticket #3 on 28 November ... ?
10:14<LordAro>probably no way to automatically apply "invalid" to the relevant ones, right?
10:14<LordAro>or duplicate
10:14<frosch123>there are close reasons "invalid" and "duplicate"
10:14<@Alberth>add empty line before the first line of text
10:14<TrueBrain>Alberth: good one
10:15<frosch123>also possibly "xxx closed ticket on" and "reason of closing" should be in this order
10:15<@Alberth>could move the import message also to the top then
10:16<TrueBrain>would that really be better?
10:16<frosch123>that does not work if people add new comments
10:16<frosch123>not all tasks are readonly archives
10:16<@Alberth>I mean <FlySpray ticket #3> a link
10:17<TrueBrain>I quiet like the link at the bottom, just so everyone knows it was imported
10:17<TrueBrain>(well, not the link, more the text that comes with it)
10:17<frosch123>yes, bottom is fine for that
10:17<@Alberth>comment 48 messes up the + and -
10:17<TrueBrain>and I think if the numbers are in sync, we dont even have to mention it was original opened in FlySpray :D
10:18<TrueBrain>yeah .. it was already a bit silly in FS :D
10:18<TrueBrain>I can put a code block around all comments, but that looks bad in 90% of the cases
10:18<TrueBrain>I guess the goal should not be to have every comment perfectly correct :D
10:19<@Alberth>I agree, doesn't look feasible to solve this in a simple manner
10:20<TrueBrain>I also not going to make PRs out of patches btw :P
10:21<frosch123>you can escape stuff
10:21<frosch123> \- and \+
10:21<@Alberth>how do we keep patches available?
10:21<frosch123> \*
10:21<@Alberth>link to FS means it can't die :p
10:21<TrueBrain>frosch123: but in some cases people wanted a list :)
10:21<TrueBrain>Alberth: FS will remain available as a read-only archive, I guess
10:22<TrueBrain>does GitHub allow file-upload btw?
10:22<@Alberth>bunch of files available from http, sounds good enough
10:22<TrueBrain>or how are we going to do core-dumps?
10:22<TrueBrain>Alberth: yup; I am going to crawl it when it is migrated, and publish that :)
10:23<LordAro>github has very limited file uploads, last i checked
10:24<TrueBrain>so we might need something for people to upload their crash dumps etc
10:28<TrueBrain>okay, made a lookup that maps the FS stuff to GH labels as much as possible
10:28<TrueBrain>lets see how the latest now looks :D
10:30<@Alberth>empty line after the header?
10:32<TrueBrain>still unsure if Category should be a label, but we will see how that goes :)
10:33<TrueBrain> <- lol .. I did something worng I think :D
10:34<@Alberth>more likely, our categories are a bit obsolete
10:34<TrueBrain>check bottom LordAro, much more fun :)
10:35<TrueBrain>let me fix this :D
10:35<TrueBrain>example how Out of date maps to "wontfix"
10:36<TrueBrain>lets try something more recent now ..
10:36<TrueBrain>any other suggestions/comments/changes?
10:37<LordAro>be nice if FS# could be converted to links
10:37<LordAro>not sure if that should be GH links or FS links
10:37<TrueBrain>I think it will
10:37<TrueBrain>once I import them in the right order, I think it will be fine :)
10:38<TrueBrain>hmm, no, FS#something never resolves to the GH
10:38<TrueBrain>I am a bit reluctant to rewrite comment bodies
10:38<TrueBrain>that is a bit of an endless pit to fall into
10:39<@Alberth>FS #123 should work
10:39<@Alberth>unless you mean the number itself
10:39<TrueBrain>but most of us write FS#123
10:39<TrueBrain>which won't work
10:40<@Alberth>it won't indeed
10:40<TrueBrain>also not from commit messages, which is a bit sad
10:40<TrueBrain>but rewriting those things ... is .. well .. slippery slope :)
10:41<@Alberth>ah well, if #123 is the right destination, you have most of the battle done
10:41<TrueBrain>indeed; I think we just have to accept it :)
10:41<TrueBrain>r14433 ... 50% there?
10:42<@Alberth>should be :)
10:52<TrueBrain>out of the 6684 FS issues, only 180 are not in scope of the migration
10:52<TrueBrain>that is not bad :)
10:52<TrueBrain>(means I just have to make 180 dummy issues)
10:53<LordAro>why are they not in scope?
10:53<LordAro>oh, website issues and such?
10:53<TrueBrain>even a few private ones
10:53<TrueBrain>(read: spam)
10:54<TrueBrain>okay, I just have to wait for glx to unwatch the project, and then I can give this a spin
10:54<TrueBrain>I wonder if this will hit a protection at GitHub
10:54<TrueBrain>as creating 7000 tickets might be a bit too much
10:54<TrueBrain>but we will see :P
10:55-!-Flygon [] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
10:56<TrueBrain>in the meantime, lets see if I can push my partial import
11:01<frosch123>why do only some labels show in the column on the right?
11:01<frosch123>TrueBrain: what is actually the goal of the new svn import?
11:02<frosch123>i consider it rather important to keep the hashes of the existing git repo
11:02<LordAro>why so? anything that's based off the existing one can be easily rebased
11:03<nielsm>it might be a problem for existing forks hosted on github
11:04<LordAro>they have to be rebased whenever trunk gets updated anyway
11:04<frosch123>well, i never tried a rebase with skipping 30k commits :p
11:05<LordAro>skipping 30k commits? rebase doesn't care for anything except the top
11:05<TrueBrain>frosch123: some labels? What do you mean?
11:05<TrueBrain>frosch123: the current gitrepo on github is ONLY trunk; it does not contain any of the release branches
11:05<nielsm>if the destinations look identical when checked out, a rebase should work flawlessly
11:05<nielsm>regardless of history leading up to it
11:05<frosch123> <- i only see 3 labels on the right, for exmaple "wontfix" is missing
11:05<TrueBrain>frosch123: yes; I fucked that one up :D See 13
11:05<TrueBrain>it used to be 7 labels, w, o, n, t, f, i, x
11:05<TrueBrain>but I removed the labels by now
11:06<TrueBrain>you are just too slow :D
11:06<frosch123>ok :)
11:07<TrueBrain>uploading the first test now .. hopefully that makes a bit more clear why this reimport is needed
11:08<TrueBrain>I love my new internet connection .. it makes these things very quick :D
11:09<TrueBrain>there we go
11:09<TrueBrain>frosch123: on this repo now everything works .. tags, release branches, etc
11:10<TrueBrain>please check if any of you spot anything weird
11:10<TrueBrain>it still has 8 years of data to process, but meh :)
11:11<TrueBrain>I love how the "releases" tab works too :D
11:11<andythenorth>bonus points: map usernames in FS tasks to github usernames :P
11:11<andythenorth>via a mapping of known names :PP
11:11<TrueBrain>let me answer that in very clear terms: no
11:11<TrueBrain>as you cannot change it once imported, that is just confusing :)
11:13<frosch123>well, new branches is fine
11:13<@Alberth>piece good carrier seems fine for rubber transport :)
11:13<frosch123>but why make master different?
11:13<frosch123>i see no reason why to use new hashes for master
11:13<TrueBrain>frosch123: because there is no way to add branches after-the-fact
11:13<andythenorth>Alberth: doesn't show much cargo ;)
11:13<andythenorth>I might put visible cargo on top of the piece goods ships
11:13<TrueBrain>frosch123: feel free to try an import yourself where you get both tags and branches, while keeping the hashes of master
11:13<TrueBrain>I do not see a viable solution
11:13<@Alberth>some vehicles and such :)
11:14<TrueBrain>and I strongly doubt a rebase is going to give any issues :)
11:14<TrueBrain>(as the content is identical)
11:14<frosch123>why is it not possible? it would be like taking current git, and then rebasing the new branches on whatever revision they were forked from
11:14<@Alberth>isn't the first hash based on the uuid of the repo?
11:14<TrueBrain>svn works a bit different and annoying
11:14<TrueBrain>tools completely fail on it
11:14<TrueBrain>mostly because we abused svn over the years :D
11:14<LordAro> heh
11:15<LordAro>C++ merge?
11:15<frosch123>noai merge?
11:15<frosch123>oh, indeed c++ switch
11:15<frosch123>noai was a year later
11:15<TrueBrain>frosch123: basically, the current git on GitHub was never meant for this ..
11:16<frosch123>i visually see no difference between the two masters
11:16<frosch123>except the hashes
11:16<@Alberth>removal of the old windows system?
11:16<TrueBrain>frosch123: when the import is done, we can try rebasing one to the other
11:16<TrueBrain>git is smart enough, that should be of little issue
11:17<TrueBrain>but I am really happy GitHub picks up this git repo correctly now
11:17<TrueBrain>I am sure someone will be bored sooner or later, and add all the binaries on GH too
11:17<LordAro> hmm, not C++ branch
11:17<TrueBrain>for older releases :P
11:19<LordAro>TrueBrain: i notice lack of github links for KUDr, miham, Darkvater, celestar, orudge
11:19<TrueBrain>LordAro: and what do you want ME to do about that?
11:19<TrueBrain>(GitHub links accounts based on email address ;))
11:21<LordAro>oh yeah, you just used as email, didn't you?
11:21<TrueBrain>of course
11:21<frosch123>LordAro: same as before
11:21<LordAro>ok, carry on
11:22<TrueBrain>it is up to every developer to claim it at GH :) Not going to do that for them ;)
11:24<TrueBrain>btw, frosch123, most likely the best thing to do, is rename the current repo to something else, and create a new one with everything in it
11:24<TrueBrain>that way we break no forks etc
11:26<TrueBrain>btw, just to be clear: DO NOT USE OpenTTD-Testing! It will be removed :D
11:26<frosch123>i still have no idea why the hashes are even different
11:27<TrueBrain>no clue
11:27<TrueBrain>data is now being converted differently
11:27<TrueBrain>might be related?
11:27<TrueBrain>(it now follows parents)
11:27<nielsm>because the hashes also include ancestor information, likely
11:27<nielsm>and if you're hooking up ancestors correctly then yes they will be different
11:28<TrueBrain>frosch123: I think merges from branches back into trunk are different
11:28<frosch123>oh, it's from the branch merges
11:28<frosch123>ok, that makes sense at least :)
11:29<TrueBrain>the history should be more correct with this new import, in relation to branches
11:29<TrueBrain>the old one I think acted like the commits were on the trunk
11:29<TrueBrain>where they were on a branch
11:36<nielsm>by the way I read somewhere on the wiki that svn had been kept as the primary repos because it provides the simple monotonous revision number, which is useful for various versioning things
11:36<nielsm>how are those issues going to be handled now?
11:37<frosch123>they are dropped because of no longer relevant
11:38<frosch123>i think i'll change the version detection script to include a date into the version information
11:38<TrueBrain>we made up tons of reasons why we wanted a single number going upwards for every new version
11:38<TrueBrain>but that is so 2008
11:38<TrueBrain>I cannot think of a single thing that needs a linear number these days ..
11:38<TrueBrain>network just wants the same value
11:39<TrueBrain>savegames have their own revision
11:39<frosch123>nielsm: for example bananas content and newgrf can say they require a certain version, like 15.x, but they can also say they need unreleased version > r12345
11:39<frosch123>but noone really used the latter correctly
11:39<TrueBrain>for good reason :P
11:39<TrueBrain>20180317-g<hash> sounds like a good value tbh :P
11:39<nielsm>you'd really need a list of "features" a newgrf requires instead
11:40<nielsm>(possibly versioned features)
11:40<frosch123>yes, something like that
11:40<frosch123>jgr has just that for savegames
11:40<frosch123>LordAro: btw. are you involved in jgr's c++11 branch?
11:41<nielsm>okay snow-filled clouds seem to have left the sky for a moment, I should go outside and get a bit of sunlight
11:45<@Alberth>/me likes a number incrementing on each commit :p
11:46<frosch123>suggest a like button to github?
11:46<TrueBrain>Alberth: git describe does that fine for you :D
11:49<nielsm>actually _never_mind_, too windy outside to enjoy a walk
11:50<andythenorth>can we move provide git on devzone next? o_O
11:50<andythenorth>- move
11:53<frosch123>make a docker compile farm for it :p
12:04<frosch123>would eints users want to put in their email to be linked from github?
12:07-!-supermop [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
12:14-!-iSoSyS [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
12:16-!-sla_ro|master [] has joined #openttd
12:16-!-sla_ro|master is "slamaster" on #sla #openttd
12:22<@Alberth>no way to verify such an address
12:29-!-Wacko1976 [] has joined #openttd
12:29-!-Wacko1976 is "The Chat Cool People Use" on #openttd #/r/openttd
12:30*andythenorth cleans house
12:39-!-Wormnest_ [] has joined #openttd
12:39-!-Wormnest_ is "Wormnest" on #openttd
12:45-!-Wormnest__ [] has joined #openttd
12:45-!-Wormnest__ is "Wormnest" on #openttd
12:46-!-Wormnest [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
12:52-!-Wormnest_ [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
12:56-!-Wormnest_ [] has joined #openttd
12:56-!-Wormnest_ is "Wormnest" on #openttd
13:02-!-Wormnest__ [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
13:03<andythenorth>I broke Hog on bundles :|
13:03<andythenorth>is rhodecode stuck again or something?
13:05<frosch123>i just restarted it 2 minutes ago
13:05<andythenorth>ok builds have triggered again
13:05<andythenorth>see if they complete
13:06<frosch123>sam is happy
13:07<andythenorth>so what will new OpenTTD compile farm look like LordAro ?
13:07<andythenorth>and will it compile python jobs?
13:08-!-Cubey [] has joined #openttd
13:08-!-Cubey is "Jaybar" on #openttd
13:17<LordAro>andythenorth: idk, ask TB
13:17<LordAro>magical, i hope
13:17-!-Mahjong2 [~qq@2a00:23c5:6507:1a00:cc3a:c159:3871:63ca] has joined #openttd
13:17-!-Mahjong2 is "realname" on #ohnx #openttd
13:18<LordAro>given it's just a load of docker instances, i don't see why not
13:19<andythenorth>I think coop devzone is probably time to declare end-of-life
13:19<andythenorth>it's not interesting for anyone to maintain
13:22-!-keoz [~keikoz@2a01:e35:2fd5:51e0:d790:795d:2cc7:b53d] has quit [Quit: WeeChat 2.0.1]
13:25-!-Mahjong1 [~qq@2a00:23c5:6507:1a00:185:677f:b09e:df81] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
13:28<andythenorth>so my newgrfs support randomising sprites per vehicle
13:28<andythenorth>it's only actually used for:
13:29<andythenorth>1) swapping 1CC and 2CC randomly
13:29<andythenorth>2) reversing tank engines randomly
13:29-!-Gja [] has quit [Quit: Going offline, see ya! (]
13:29<andythenorth>it was used to make, e.g. quite different looking graphics for same ship model
13:30<andythenorth>e.g. house at back, house in middle etc
13:30<andythenorth>was BAD FEATURE I think
13:30<andythenorth>might delete
13:34<frosch123>randomising is for when you have more graphics than models
13:34<frosch123>which is likely best for train wagons
13:34<frosch123>but less useful for engines
13:34<frosch123>ships may count as engines
13:35<andythenorth>it even had date-specific code :P
13:35<andythenorth>so could randomise 6 different appearances for the lifetime of a vehicle
13:35<andythenorth>I keep some random, just don't need all this complication
13:38-!-Biolunar [] has quit [Quit: leaving]
13:40<@Alberth>some sets do change appearance which can be nice
13:40<@Alberth>opengfx+ does, iirc
13:41<@Alberth>but likely should be used sparingly :)
13:47<andythenorth>livery can randomise
13:47<andythenorth>visible cargo can randomise
13:47<andythenorth>and asymmetric engines can be reversed
13:47<andythenorth>rest...nah :)
13:59-!-Gja [] has joined #openttd
13:59-!-Gja is "Martin" on #ceph #bcache #openttd
14:00<TrueBrain>r22500! ALMOST! (well, not really, but well)
14:05<nielsm>looking forward to trying out a rebase
14:20-!-glx [] has joined #openttd
14:20-!-mode/#openttd [+v glx] by ChanServ
14:20-!-glx is "Loïc GUILLOUX" on +#openttd
14:20<TrueBrain>hi glx; sorry for the spam :(
14:21<andythenorth>oops, I annoyed pyflakes
14:23-!-roidal [] has joined #openttd
14:23-!-roidal is "roland" on #openttd
14:23<+glx>TrueBrain: it's ok, my github is correctly configured ;)
14:24<+glx>so I just received the repo creation email
14:24<TrueBrain>I am about to create 7000 issues :) but I was waiting for you, to see if you either want to unwatch OpenTTD-Testing, or disable notifications :D
14:25<andythenorth>I have unused imports, that I think are valid
14:26<andythenorth>but pyflakes doesn't :(
14:26<andythenorth>now I have to rewrite my codebase to please the validator :(
14:32-!-Lejving [] has joined #openttd
14:32-!-Lejving is "realname" on @#openttdcoop.pz #openttdcoop.stable #openttdcoop #mashinky #factoriocoop #/r/openttd #openttd
14:34<TrueBrain>okay ... lets import a lot of issues then :D Curious how that goes ...
14:36-!-JetFly [~JetFly@] has joined #openttd
14:36-!-JetFly is "KVIrc 4.2.0 Equilibrium" on #openttd @#/#/openttd
14:36<andythenorth>GL TrueBrain
14:36<LordAro>seems placeholder issues don't get closed :p
14:37<andythenorth>Alberth: which of these is least stupid? (both are stupid)
14:38<@Alberth>let's see
14:38<LordAro>i'd probably say the latter
14:38<LordAro>implicitly adding stuff to scope gets scary quickly
14:39<andythenorth>it scales badly
14:39<andythenorth>I know why pyflakes is tripping on it
14:39<@Alberth>yeah, explicit is better than implicit
14:40<@Alberth>why don't you collect things here?
14:40<TrueBrain>haha, I hit the rate limiter :D
14:40<frosch123>what rate does it limit to?
14:42<@Alberth>or why is dropping the import bad?
14:42<andythenorth>it's used as a convenience
14:42<andythenorth>Polar Fox is a shared library across 3 newgrfs
14:42<TrueBrain>and nothing explains to me what the rate limit is :(
14:43<TrueBrain>it just says that I hit the "abuse rate limits", but I did stay below the "rate limit"
14:43-!-iSoSyS [] has joined #openttd
14:43-!-iSoSyS is "realname" on #openttd #/r/openttd
14:43<andythenorth>Polar Fox unwisely but conveniently extends 'global_constants'
14:43<andythenorth>so there's no need to change the existing grf codebases
14:43<LordAro> ?
14:43<TrueBrain>yes, I did not hit those limits
14:44<TrueBrain>(5000 per hour, I mean ..)
14:44<TrueBrain>but there is another "abuse rate limit"
14:45<TrueBrain>lets add a sleep(1)
14:45<@Alberth> does no such thing, it seems
14:45<@Alberth>also, did you ever consider writing that data as a yaml file?
14:45<andythenorth>I did
14:46<andythenorth>but I went down this road before
14:46<andythenorth>with .cfg files
14:46<andythenorth>and I considered json
14:46<andythenorth>but pure python is just easier
14:46<TrueBrain>lol @ issue 20 .. WHY YOU SO BOLD :D
14:46<@Alberth>more open to random hacking :p
14:47<LordAro>TrueBrain: RRAHHH
14:47<@Alberth>but yeah, I've seen other pick python for that reason too
14:49<TrueBrain>even with sleeps, I hit the abuse rate limit .. how can I do 5000 hits per hour, if you dont allow me 1 hit per second :(
14:49<@Alberth>another option is to ignore fyflakes
14:50<@Alberth>or add magic to say to pyflakes "I know unused imports are bad" :p
14:50<andythenorth>those are also options
14:50<andythenorth>I could pick a better validator :P
14:50<@Alberth>if such magic exists
14:50<TrueBrain>frosch123: I created some more closed tickets; can you give it a looksy if that is what you expect?
14:50<andythenorth>I can't make flake8 work for some reason
14:50<TrueBrain>(and others too, if you like :D)
14:51<TrueBrain>aligning the numbers seem to work fine :)
14:51<frosch123>did you already set fs as readonly?
14:52<TrueBrain>again, this is only testing
14:52<TrueBrain>just dry-runs
14:52<frosch123>ah, ok :)
14:52<TrueBrain>going to wipe everything and start over once we agree this is all as we expect
14:53<TrueBrain>still hitting the abuse rate limit .. seriously .. lol
14:54<TrueBrain>please create this content "at a reasonable pace" ..
14:54<TrueBrain>I WAS!
14:54<TrueBrain>ffs :P
14:57<TrueBrain>now takes ~10 seconds per ticket ... we have 7k ..
14:58-!-Gja [] has quit [Quit: Going offline, see ya! (]
15:04<TrueBrain>and still hitting rate limits .. this is silly :P
15:10-!-Thedarkb [~beno@] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
15:14<TrueBrain>and the documentation is a lie .. ugh .. I understand why GitHub has these protections, but bah, it is annoying
15:16<TrueBrain>nothing in the reply giving any hints when I can retry ... owh boy ..
15:17-!-supermop [] has joined #openttd
15:17-!-supermop is "A CIRC user" on #openttd
15:27<TrueBrain>I send GitHub an email asking them what they want me to do :)
15:28<TrueBrain>so we will have to wait for a reponse there
15:28<TrueBrain>otherwise, from what I can tell, the import is looking very good
15:28<TrueBrain>happy with the level of details we can import
15:30<frosch123>is dorpsgek just a random to the project? or is it assigned to openttd somehow?
15:30<TrueBrain>it is
15:30<TrueBrain>(and owner of OpenTTD organization)
15:30<frosch123>yes, but is there a setting in github to give users permissions
15:30<frosch123>ok, "owner" sounds good
15:31<TrueBrain>I assumed as much
15:31<TrueBrain>it has no explicit rights into OpenTTD-Testing
15:31<TrueBrain>don't expect it matters much tbh
15:31<TrueBrain>I think this abuse rate limit is to prevent spam
15:32<TrueBrain>yeah, GitHub sees DorpsGek as "owner"
15:32<TrueBrain>(check any issue; it says right there :D)
15:33<TrueBrain>good question btw; happy it is how I expected it to be :D
15:34<frosch123>hmm, is the close reason missing?
15:34<TrueBrain>if you see TrueBrain closing an issue
15:34<TrueBrain>there is
15:34<TrueBrain>as then the script halted
15:34<frosch123>i see stuff like "fixed", but usually there is an add-on "in r12345"
15:34<TrueBrain>if there is a close reason, it is added
15:34<TrueBrain>so there is a resolution and a close reason
15:34<TrueBrain>resolution is *almost* always there, close reason .. sometimes
15:35<frosch123>oh, i see
15:35<frosch123>it's added like a comment
15:35<TrueBrain>depending on who did it, I guess
15:35<TrueBrain>is there a better way?
15:36<frosch123>it's fine, i was just looking at an unusual case
15:36<TrueBrain>k :)
15:36<frosch123>119 is the earlies issue i know properly :)
15:37<frosch123>(like still knowing the number after 10 years)
15:38-!-Gja [] has joined #openttd
15:38-!-Gja is "Martin" on #ceph #bcache #openttd
15:38<LordAro>even i know what issue that is
15:38<TrueBrain>you are getting old dude :P
15:44-!-SeraphAngel [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
15:49-!-Thedarkb [~beno@] has joined #openttd
15:49-!-Thedarkb is "realname" on #oolite #openttd #/r/openttd
15:50<nielsm>bah, trying to neatify my code history is so troublesome
15:51<nielsm>should have made even more, smaller commits
16:03-!-Thedarkb [~beno@] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
16:19-!-gelignite [] has joined #openttd
16:19-!-gelignite is "gelignite" on #openttd #openttdcoop.devzone
16:20-!-Supercheese [] has joined #openttd
16:20-!-Supercheese is "Supercheese" on #openttd
16:22-!-FLHerne [] has joined #openttd
16:22-!-FLHerne is "Francis Herne" on #kernelnewbies #openttd
16:36-!-SeraphAngel [] has joined #openttd
16:36-!-SeraphAngel is "Fullname" on #openttd
16:36-!-Supercheese [] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
16:48<@Alberth>nielsm: my strategy is to have a fresh repo and your current work in two directories, and copy changes over from the current to the fresh
16:48<@Alberth>some diff/merge util usually works quite good
16:49<@Alberth>I use gvimdiff, but ymmv with that :)
16:50<andythenorth>my strategy is to not worry about history :P
16:50<andythenorth>my commits reveal the true carnage :P
16:50<nielsm>yes that's also what I'm about to end up doing, manually playing back changes in a more sensible order
16:50<LordAro>Alberth: ah, but some people can use git :p
16:51<@Alberth>some people are just too addicted :p
17:00-!-Alberth [] has left #openttd []
17:21-!-sla_ro|master [] has quit []
17:27<supermop>andythenorth: have you drawn cars as vehicle sprites?
17:28<supermop>hoping i can skip drawing them
17:28<andythenorth>snail has
17:28<andythenorth>and some other set
17:29<andythenorth>maybe one of the truck sets, Hungarian
17:29<TrueBrain>oeh, git to svn is done .. let's publish this stuff :D
17:30<TrueBrain>222k objects; lol
17:30-!-synchris [~synchris@] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
17:30<LordAro>even with a fsck or something?
17:30<TrueBrain>91 MiB
17:30<TrueBrain>not bad
17:30<TrueBrain>18k delta files
17:31<supermop>can probably kitbash by trucks down to someting pick-up sized
17:35<TrueBrain>pushing now ... curious :)
17:36<TrueBrain>it is done
17:36<+glx>that was fast
17:36<debdog> Steppenwolf - The Pusher
17:37<+glx>14K commits
17:37<TrueBrain>my connection is not the bottleneck in this process :P
17:38<TrueBrain>okay, everything seems to be how it should, as far as I can tell
17:38<TrueBrain>I would like to ask you guys kindly to validate :)
17:38<peter1138>what devious plan is truebrain up to?
17:39*andythenorth clones
17:41<peter1138>2006 ;(
17:42<TrueBrain>minus the Abuse Rate Limiter, I think this should be it-ish
17:42<TrueBrain>frosch123: I will give it a week or so to give people the time to test and validate
17:42<TrueBrain>I will run some tests myself too over the week
17:43<TrueBrain>and I hope github gets back to me soon with a proper solution :D
17:43<TrueBrain>for now I am running the import even slower
17:44<TrueBrain>so please let me know any issues/problems/weird thing, or something you just would like to see different
17:44<frosch123>thanks, will look :)
17:46<TrueBrain>lol, SourceForge bug-numbers are coming by too :D
17:46<TrueBrain>I forgot we once had a bug tracker there :P
17:47<frosch123>at least we were not on geocities
17:47<frosch123>were we? :p
17:47<supermop>think that will fit on a truck
17:48<supermop>still kind of tall
17:49<TrueBrain>hmm .. maybe I should just map WIP to patch
17:49<TrueBrain>as most seem to be just that .. patches
17:53<andythenorth>supermop: truck on a truck
17:53<frosch123>i think we discussed that last year
17:53<frosch123>and made andy turn all patches into wips
17:54<supermop>andy now to draw a little subaru
17:54<TrueBrain>your #119 is imported btw
17:54<TrueBrain>frosch123: so if I map them all to label 'patch', that is fine by you?
17:54<TrueBrain>or you have a better label suggestion?
17:54<TrueBrain>they should of course now become PRs
17:54<frosch123>yes, "wip" is a stupid label :)
17:54<TrueBrain>but .. that is tricky :)
17:55<frosch123>in the early issues i also saw a lot of "wontfix" which were rather "invalid" ones
17:55<+glx>indeed patches should be PR
17:55<TrueBrain> <- no spelling errors or anything? :D
17:55<+glx>but hard to do in the migration I guess
17:55<TrueBrain>glx: near impossible :)
17:55<TrueBrain>frosch123: you have examples? I can update the mapping :)
17:55<supermop>the spoiler is hard
17:55<frosch123>TrueBrain: also, there are some spam/scam tasks on fs which were maked private
17:56<TrueBrain>frosch123: yup; I will skip those
17:56<TrueBrain>already in there
17:57<frosch123>huh what?... i did not know michi was the author of 119
17:57<frosch123>the world is so small
17:58<TrueBrain>and I hate the abuse filter again :)
17:59<TrueBrain>let me see .. I map the following to wontfix: Won't fix, Deferred and Out of date
17:59<supermop> these fit on carries easier
17:59<supermop>can't fit 555 on side
17:59<TrueBrain>invalid: Not a bug, Won't implement, Invalid, and Unreproducible
17:59<frosch123>anyway, "out of date" and "deferred" seem to be mapped to "wontfix"
17:59<frosch123>i would just give them no label
17:59-!-Gja [] has quit [Quit: Going offline, see ya! (]
18:00<TrueBrain>done; no longer will get a label
18:00<supermop>i think the cars are too noisy
18:01<TrueBrain>there is also the label 'external', basically all bugs closed because of unsupported custom version, custom AIs, NewGRFs, ..
18:01<TrueBrain>okay .. at this rate I have the issues imported in 7 days
18:01<TrueBrain>so I hope GitHub gets back to me :D
18:03<frosch123> <- dorpsgek is not listed there
18:03<TrueBrain>he is for me :)
18:03<TrueBrain>(marked as Private)
18:03<frosch123>ok, i did not bother logging in
18:04<+glx>I see it too ;)
18:04<TrueBrain>frosch123: logging in wont help I think :P
18:04<TrueBrain>glx, me and DorpsGek are owner of OpenTTD organization
18:04<TrueBrain>I just put myself on Public
18:05<TrueBrain>the whole Owners group is secret :D
18:06<frosch123>yeah, they are busy eating dates
18:08<TrueBrain>lets add frosch123 as owner too :P
18:08<TrueBrain>sounds like the right thing to do :D
18:08-!-Wacko1976 [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
18:08<TrueBrain>there is a team Developers, with write access to OpenTTD-Testing
18:08<frosch123>i am still impressed that i got a green avatar
18:08<TrueBrain>not sure that is needed .. I guess all devs can be owner of OpenTTD itself
18:09<TrueBrain>then again .. they might do unexpected stuff ..
18:11<frosch123>yeah, imagine someone would give access to lordaro
18:11<TrueBrain>owh well, enough fiddling around for today :) Pretty happy with the result so far :)
18:11<frosch123>suddenly everything would be c++20
18:11<TrueBrain>no, we told everyone what would happen if they tried ...
18:12<LordAro>i don't even know what's going into C++20
18:12<TrueBrain>well, a few have tried ... I mean ..
18:12<TrueBrain>@seen Bjarni
18:12<@DorpsGek>TrueBrain: Bjarni was last seen in #openttd 6 years, 23 weeks, 2 days, 21 hours, 53 minutes, and 10 seconds ago: <Bjarni> heh
18:12<TrueBrain>nuff said :P
18:15<frosch123>oh, my contributions doubled today
18:16-!-roidal [] has quit [Quit: WeeChat 2.0.1]
18:16<frosch123>nrt is out of sync, then it would count it 3 times
18:21<andythenorth>NRT won't merge cleanly currently
18:21<andythenorth>I need to fix openttd.grf
18:21<andythenorth>and saveload is also conflicting
18:22<andythenorth>also very sleep
18:22-!-andythenorth [] has left #openttd []
18:23<TrueBrain>frosch123: changing to this new repo goes like this, at least, I found it easiest:
18:23<TrueBrain>git remote add neworigin https:/...
18:23<TrueBrain>git fetch neworigin
18:23<TrueBrain>git rebase --onto neworigin/master origin/master <branchname>
18:23<TrueBrain>this basically picks up the diff between origin/master and <branchname> and replays it on neworigin/master
18:24<TrueBrain>without --onto, it will try to find the common parent .. which will take a while :D
18:29<frosch123>ah, --onto :)
18:30<TrueBrain>Hidden gems :)
18:30<TrueBrain>hmm .. it is suggested that if you make a private repo, the abuse rate limits don't apply as they do currently
18:30<TrueBrain>something to test tomorrow
18:33<TrueBrain>it seems I either have to make the import script resumable, or we have to close both bug-trackers for a day or so .. hmmm
18:33<TrueBrain>should not be too difficult to add resume
18:37<TrueBrain>something to toy with tomorrow! nn!
18:37-!-iSoSyS [] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
18:55-!-Wacko1976 [] has joined #openttd
18:55-!-Wacko1976 is "The Chat Cool People Use" on #openttd #/r/openttd
19:00-!-JetFly|2 [~JetFly@] has joined #openttd
19:00-!-JetFly|2 is "KVIrc 4.2.0 Equilibrium" on #/r/openttd #openttd
19:07-!-JetFly [~JetFly@] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
19:11-!-gelignite [] has quit [Quit: I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.]
19:14-!-nielsm [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
19:19-!-Supercheese [] has joined #openttd
19:19-!-Supercheese is "Supercheese" on #openttd
19:26-!-Wormnest_ [] has quit [Quit: Leaving]
19:38-!-Biolunar [] has joined #openttd
19:38-!-Biolunar is "Biolunar" on #openttd #suckless
19:46-!-frosch123 [] has quit [Quit: be yourself, except: if you have the opportunity to be a unicorn, then be a unicorn]
19:54-!-SeraphAngel [] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
19:54-!-SeraphAngel [] has joined #openttd
19:54-!-SeraphAngel is "Fullname" on #openttd
20:12-!-FLHerne [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
20:17-!-Stimrol [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
20:20-!-FLHerne [] has joined #openttd
20:20-!-FLHerne is "Francis Herne" on #kernelnewbies #openttd
20:23-!-Progman [] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
20:30-!-HerzogDeXtEr [] has quit [Read error: Connection reset by peer]
20:44-!-Flygon [] has joined #openttd
20:44-!-Flygon is "Flygon" on #openttd
20:49-!-FLHerne [] has quit [Quit: There's a real world out here!]
20:51-!-JetFly|2 [~JetFly@] has quit [Quit: KVIrc 4.2.0 Equilibrium]
21:06-!-GT [] has joined #openttd
21:06-!-GT is "OFTC WebIRC Client" on #openttd
21:07-!-Supercheese [] has quit [Read error: Connection reset by peer]
21:07-!-Supercheese [] has joined #openttd
21:07-!-Supercheese is "Supercheese" on #openttd
21:09<GT>Just returned to OTTD after a long time off. What is the best Train AI available?
21:09<Eddi|zuHause>you mean the least worst?
21:09<GT>Yes :-)
21:10<Eddi|zuHause>tbh, i have no idea, i never use them
21:11<GT>Well, sometimes I do, but always end up a bit disappointed
21:12<GT>Basic funtionality is there, but no AI shows any higher level of intelligence, like building a nice network,
21:15-!-Biolunar [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
21:17-!-GT [] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
21:37-!-supermop [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
22:01-!-Thedarkb [] has joined #openttd
22:01-!-Thedarkb is "realname" on #oolite #openttd #/r/openttd
---Logclosed Sun Mar 18 00:00:51 2018