Back to Home / #openttd / 2019 / 01 / Prev Day | Next Day
#openttd IRC Logs for 2019-01-21

---Logopened Mon Jan 21 00:00:30 2019
00:29<Heiki>someone put clouds in front of my moon
00:30<Eddi|zuHause>that happened to me last time
01:43-!-andythenorth [] has joined #openttd
01:43-!-andythenorth is "andythenorth" on #openttd
01:49<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on pull request #6935: Prevent water construction where it could block nearby ships
01:51<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on pull request #7000: Some NewGRF variables concerning railtypes
01:51-!-dvim [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
01:53-!-dvim [] has joined #openttd
01:53-!-dvim is "martynas" on #openttd #openjdk
01:56<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on pull request #7025: Add #6887: Option to show zone inside local authority boundary of towns
02:03-!-dvim [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
02:08<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on issue #6908: Request: Persistent storage for vehicles
02:10<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on pull request #7065: Change: Make ships stop and change direction slowly instead of instantly turning.
02:11<andythenorth>there's a trello-thing in GH :)
02:11*andythenorth new things
02:14<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] PeterN opened pull request #7076: Cleanup #6960: Remove parts of generate used only for MSVC pre-2015.
02:17<@peter1138>andythenorth, looking a little bare.
02:32<@peter1138>2>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
02:32<@peter1138>How to fix that...
02:36<@peter1138>Like that, is it?
02:41<@peter1138>Fixed it.
02:45-!-D-HUND is now known as debdog
02:49-!-HerzogDeXtEr [] has joined #openttd
02:49-!-HerzogDeXtEr is "purple" on #openttd
03:28-!-HerzogDeXtEr [] has quit [Read error: Connection reset by peer]
03:31<@peter1138>Bah at Linux vs Windows directory sort order. And the stripping-the-extension trick won't work because here the extensions differ...
03:32-!-Thedarkb1-T60 [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
04:08<@planetmaker>hm... what about performance for the var 0x6A (#7000, )?
04:08<@planetmaker>or doesn't it matter?
04:10-!-dvim [] has joined #openttd
04:10-!-dvim is "martynas" on #openttd #openjdk
04:27<Eddi|zuHause>i believe i had it renamed to 63, and i can't imagine it being any worse than 4A
04:33<@peter1138>Does parameter need a railtype label translation?
04:33<Eddi|zuHause>no, parameter is a RTT index
04:33<@peter1138>"parameter" will be coming as a grf-local railtype index, I think
04:35<Eddi|zuHause>but i never tested it with actually complicated RTT, maybe it misses something
04:35<@peter1138>Yeah, if it's an RTT index, then it will need translating.
04:35<@peter1138>Because there's no RTT index lookup there.
04:36<Eddi|zuHause>i might look at that later
04:36<@peter1138>I'll add a comment to the PR to remind us :)
04:36<@planetmaker>it allows to query every railtype as opposed to the current one... but well :)
04:37<Eddi|zuHause>well, that's kinda the point?
04:37<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] PeterN commented on pull request #7000: Some NewGRF variables concerning railtypes
04:37<@peter1138>planetmaker, yes. If you want to query the current one, 4A is there.
04:38<Eddi|zuHause>planetmaker: 4A compares the railtype of the current vehicle to the railtype of the current tile, 6x allows "suppose this vehicle were <Y>" and compares that to the railtype of the current tile
04:38<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] PeterN opened pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
04:39<Eddi|zuHause>planetmaker: primary use for that would be hybrid (e.g. diesel and electric, or overhead electric and 3rd rail) vehicles
04:40<Eddi|zuHause>which you have to define for the more generic railtype
04:40<Eddi|zuHause>but need a condition when the more strict railtpye would apply
04:42<Eddi|zuHause>or rack rail, to detect if there is a rack
04:42<@peter1138>Is this to help with "realism"? :D
04:42<@peter1138>@seen belugas
04:42<@DorpsGek>peter1138: belugas was last seen in #openttd 1 year, 42 weeks, 1 day, 13 hours, 24 minutes, and 3 seconds ago: <Belugas> yeah, a birthday :) a good friend of mine!
04:42<Eddi|zuHause>most newgrf features are?
04:43<@peter1138>I'm jesting.
04:46<Eddi|zuHause>my brain still has problems matching the name "PeterN" to the right person
04:47<Eddi|zuHause>must be the capitalisation, because i don't have such problems with the forum name change from a while back
04:48<@peter1138>You can't have multiple usernames (on one account) with github. Which is logical.
04:56<@planetmaker>belugas :( long time no see
04:57<@peter1138>Looks like that PR failed miserably :p
04:58<@peter1138>Oddly it worked on Windows.
04:59<@peter1138>Tried to compile openttd.grf, but that's included in the repo.
05:15<Sacro>@seen Bjarni
05:15<@DorpsGek>Sacro: Bjarni was last seen in #openttd 7 years, 15 weeks, 3 days, 9 hours, 56 minutes, and 17 seconds ago: <Bjarni> heh
05:20<@planetmaker>@seen yexo
05:20<@DorpsGek>planetmaker: yexo was last seen in #openttd 6 years, 7 weeks, 3 days, 21 hours, 4 minutes, and 26 seconds ago: <Yexo> <NGC3982> The station glitches are CHIPS related. I adressed it to Andy the other day, and it seems like it's b0rked in some way. <- it's still in the issue tracker for CHIPS, but I haven't had time to look at it yet
05:21<@planetmaker>@seen therken
05:21<@DorpsGek>planetmaker: I have not seen therken.
05:21<@planetmaker>@seen terkhen
05:21<@DorpsGek>planetmaker: terkhen was last seen in #openttd 2 years, 50 weeks, 0 days, 15 hours, 44 minutes, and 12 seconds ago: <Terkhen> Hello
05:21<@planetmaker>@seen hirundo
05:21<@DorpsGek>planetmaker: hirundo was last seen in #openttd 6 years, 18 weeks, 1 day, 14 hours, 48 minutes, and 57 seconds ago: <Hirundo> Commands (e.g. build X, bulldoze Y, change orders for vehicle Z) are sent across the net, but not their results, so if results differ, you get a desync error
05:21<@peter1138>Maybe I can just ifdef out those parts if grfcodec/nforenum are not available.
05:24<Eddi|zuHause>isn't it doing that already?
05:25<Eddi|zuHause>also, in makefile you can prefix a line with "-" to ignore failure
05:28<@peter1138>Nah, my changes broke it subtly.
05:28<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] PeterN updated pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
05:29<@peter1138>This may or may not work, but at least it shouldn't try to execute an empty variable :p
05:31<@peter1138>Hmm, think I need to tweak the vcx files as it doesn't depend on all the language files.
05:31<@peter1138>Kinda defeats the point :p
05:34<@peter1138>Eddi|zuHause, and adjusting eints to do the update is also major work, as currently it doesn't do any compilation at all, so there may not be any build tools in the environment.
05:40-!-andythenorth [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
05:41<Sacro>planetmaker: challenge failed
05:41<Sacro>I think
05:41<Sacro>@seen kudr
05:41<@DorpsGek>Sacro: I have not seen kudr.
05:41<Sacro>There are a couple of people that have been gone longer
05:44-!-andythenorth [] has joined #openttd
05:44-!-andythenorth is "andythenorth" on #openttd
05:44<andythenorth>planetmaker: I messaged yexo on linkedin, but if his use of linkedin is like mine...he won't see it :P
05:44<Eddi|zuHause>we replaced the bot at some point
05:46*andythenorth biab
05:46-!-andythenorth [] has quit []
06:09-!-sushibear [] has joined #openttd
06:09-!-sushibear is "SushiBear" on #C #openttd
06:26<@planetmaker>@seen darkvater
06:26<@DorpsGek>planetmaker: darkvater was last seen in #openttd 43 weeks, 1 day, 22 hours, 17 minutes, and 43 seconds ago: <Darkvater> I'm looking for a distributed fs to setup my own private cloud using sbc's
06:29<@peter1138>Hmm, why does that happen... my push didn't get picked up by azure.
07:09-!-andythenorth [~andytheno@] has joined #openttd
07:09-!-andythenorth is "andythenorth" on #openttd
07:26-!-Borg [] has joined #openttd
07:26-!-Borg is "Unknown" on #openttd
07:26<Borg>any GRF animation guruz around?
07:26<Borg>Im trying to fix tile animation now.. and I really dont understand callback 25 at all
07:26<Borg>oil rigs have multiple tiles.. but seems in layout only 1D is used.. with does NOT have animation frames
07:33<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] Gabda87 commented on pull request #7025: Add #6887: Option to show zone inside local authority boundary of towns
08:19-!-Samu [] has joined #openttd
08:19-!-Samu is "..." on #openttd
08:34<Eddi|zuHause>peter1138: sometimes azure times out and someone has to manually log in to restart it
08:42<Borg>arghh.. so noone?
08:42<Borg>this is damn. confusing..
08:42<Borg>I added trigger for CB25: tile is processed in periodic loop..
08:43<Borg>and now I have animation... wtf?
08:43<Borg>even tho my CB25 is totaly fucked up
09:30<Samu>im bad at function naming
09:33<@planetmaker> <-- seen that @ Borg ?
09:44-!-nielsm [] has joined #openttd
09:44-!-nielsm is "Niels Martin Hansen" on #openttd
09:52<Borg>planetmaker: hmm? what do you mean?
09:53<Borg>Im not strugling w/ production CB.. but animation CB...
09:54<Borg>my CB29 works fine :) I need to understand Tile Animation.. and so.. CB25 (and possibly CB26)
09:54<Borg>and all I wanted.. was just adjust some tiles properties.. not touching GFX :)
09:54<Borg>im doing RTFS like from few hours...
09:54<Borg>and still I dont get what does AnimateTile() vs ChangeAnimationFrame() do
09:55-!-milek7 [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
09:55<Borg>and whatever I need CB26 at all.. for now.. I see animation is happening.. but its broken (not correct sprites order)
09:59<Borg>now it doesnt work again... argh
09:59-!-milek7 [] has joined #openttd
09:59-!-milek7 is "m7" on #openttd
10:00<Samu>IsPossibleLockLocationOnTownBridge ? bad name
10:05-!-stefino [] has joined #openttd
10:05-!-stefino is "OFTC WebIRC Client" on #openttd
10:06<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] nielsmh merged pull request #6872: Add: Houses can accept up to 16 different cargo types via NewGRF
10:07<nielsm> <- I vote we close this one for now
10:07<nielsm>and redo it in perhaps smaller steps later
10:14<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] nielsmh commented on issue #6908: Request: Persistent storage for vehicles
10:19<andythenorth>nielsm: kinda feel like m3henry never got a reply :P
10:20<andythenorth>Eddi|zuHause: where *are* the user bits for vehicles? o_O
10:20<andythenorth>I keep looking in docs, but I'm clearly missing them
10:20<stefino>hi you have industry distance conditions in your Firs?
10:21<Eddi|zuHause>andythenorth: i don't always find them either, they're quite hidden
10:22<Eddi|zuHause>andythenorth: "25 B Supported by OpenTTD 0.60.6 Supported by TTDPatch 2.5 (alpha 44)2.5 User-defined bit mask to set when checking veh. var. 42"
10:23<Samu>how to describe a helper function, or it doesn't needs any description comments?
10:23<stefino>we want to define minimal distance between two industries (the same kind) and my friend said that he can't find this contition in your FIRS (NML)
10:24<Samu>help me describe the helper function
10:26-!-Flygon [] has quit [Quit: A toaster's basically a soldering iron designed to toast bread]
10:26<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] nielsmh commented on pull request #6817: PR for Modernizing for C++11: replacing instances of SmallVector
10:28<nielsm>Samu: "Determine if a player could possibly build a ship lock that would cover this tile."
10:29<Borg>okey.. to summ up.. if I ever touch any animated tile via act0.. it means.. I need to provide all animation frames + CB myself again?
10:30<Borg>and even sound effects... probably
10:30<Samu>"Is this hipotethically speaking bridge ramp hipotethically also possible for an hipotethically speaking lock?" :o
10:30<Samu>it's not a player, it's a town action
10:30<nielsm>yes the town is checking if a player would be able to build a lock there
10:31<Samu>ah, yes, my bad
10:31<Borg>after long digging in code.. I get how Oil Wells are animated (more or less) and Im not sure how I can replicated that in GRF..
10:31<nielsm>the function checks if a player would be able to do that
10:31<nielsm>the town growth uses that check to possibly outrule a bridge position
10:35<andythenorth>stefino: I'll find some and paste
10:36<nielsm>apparently people are skylining in TF as well now:
10:36<andythenorth>stefino: round about here
10:37<andythenorth>nielsm: is skylining a name for city growth? Or climbing buildings? :P
10:38<andythenorth>Eddi|zuHause: ok so prop 25, "User-defined bit mask to set when checking veh. var. 42", I've never understood how it's intended to be used
10:39<Eddi|zuHause>andythenorth: i wanted to use it for "this train has a dining car"
10:39<stefino>andythenorth: thanks :)
10:39<andythenorth>Eddi|zuHause: so it's a static prop, so 'has a dining car' would be set at build time
10:39<Eddi|zuHause>andythenorth: it's pretty inflexible
10:40<andythenorth>so it can be mimicked by a list of vehicle IDs?
10:40<Eddi|zuHause>andythenorth: all the dining cars would set prop 25
10:40<andythenorth>and all dining car IDs are known in advance
10:40<Eddi|zuHause>and all passenger wagons would check var 42 for the dining car bit
10:40<andythenorth>ok I can see how to use it, it's not adding anything afaict
10:41<andythenorth>I guess it's more convenient than checking a list of IDs
10:41<Eddi|zuHause>you don't have a need for maintaining the list of vehicle IDs
10:41<andythenorth>and in theory it's easier to do cross-set things with it, but eh, who would :P
10:41<Eddi|zuHause>and you can save some switches because you don't have to check each ID separately
10:42<andythenorth>convenience feature
10:42<Samu>oh, delta_side is TileIndexDiff
10:42<andythenorth>probably doesn't solve George's problem, I'm guessing
10:42<Samu>not int
10:43<andythenorth>I wonder if George's problem is caused by using insufficient IDs
10:44<Eddi|zuHause>george has loads of problems
10:44<andythenorth>it *is* very easy to create a large stack of switches for quite trivial graphics resolution
10:44<andythenorth>I imagine CETS does it
10:44<andythenorth>Horse definitely does
10:45<andythenorth>flipped state * vehicle position * engine ID * cargo in consist
10:45<andythenorth>escalates fast
10:45<Eddi|zuHause>but the way i see it, we need more flexibility with these user bits: 1) the possibility to set them via callback, 2) the possibility to check them not only with OR, but also AND, or only individual vehicles
10:45<andythenorth>are they always OR across the whole consist?
10:45<andythenorth>what happens if I check solo vehicle
10:46<Eddi|zuHause>whole consist (PARENT), or partial consist starting with this vehicle (THIS)
10:46<andythenorth>ok so inflexible
10:46<andythenorth>frosch is quite -1 to setting props on cb that can also be read on cb
10:46<andythenorth>in neighbouring vehicles
10:46<andythenorth>due to deadlocks
10:46<Eddi|zuHause>that's why we need the triggers
10:47<Samu>renaming bridge_tile to bridge_ramp
10:47<andythenorth>the triggers make sense
10:47<Samu>it's essentially checking bridge_ramps
10:47<andythenorth>I wonder how often we really need to recalculate graphics
10:47<andythenorth>I also wonder if the performance problem is real, or not
10:47<Eddi|zuHause>likely you won't have STORE_PERM access, but rather the callback result is stored
10:48<andythenorth>your proposal makes complete sense to me
10:49<Samu>eh... now the explanation doesn't make sense
10:49<Samu>i'm terrible
10:49<andythenorth>744 lines for EMU vehicle sprite, rear light sprite, and pantograph sprite
10:49<andythenorth>didn't count how many switches that is :P
10:49<Eddi|zuHause>so we need a callback that overrides the value of prop 25, a new property to set the trigger flags (same meaning as random triggers), and an extension of var 42 for AND and "just this"
10:49<Samu> * Determine if a player could possibly build
10:49<Samu> * a ship lock that would cover this bridge ramp.
10:50<Samu>tile would make more sense given this explanation
10:51<Samu>but the tile is very much a bridge ramp
10:51<Samu>ok, tile it is
10:51<@peter1138>Hmm, should I look at vehicle subtypes again? Or whatever I was calling it last time...
10:51<andythenorth>peter1138: maybe yes
10:51<andythenorth>it has some faff, like how autoreplace works
10:51<@peter1138>"Stop cramming everything into 1 ID"
10:52<@peter1138>Hmm, well.
10:52<@peter1138>Sort of.
10:52<andythenorth>it's got to be worth a look
10:52<andythenorth>even if it ends up not working
10:52<Eddi|zuHause>peter1138: the main focus is to clean up duplicates from the vehicle purchase list
10:53<andythenorth>I would encourage vehicle subtypes to sack the addiction to cargo subtypes
10:53<andythenorth>cargo subtypes for stuff like livery, gearing, power etc, are crap UI
10:53<andythenorth>and crap for autoreplace
10:53<Eddi|zuHause>andythenorth: i find it highly unlikely that we can remove those
10:54<andythenorth>I think we can reduce the useage
10:54<@peter1138>Sure you can. If grfversion > xxx disable cargo subtype callbacks :)
10:54<andythenorth>I use them for capacity refits on boats
10:54<@peter1138>Also: if the grouping stuff works well, document that it replace cargo subtypes
10:54<Eddi|zuHause>peter1138: but then we need a GRFv9, and everything ready simultaneously :)
10:54<andythenorth>but it would actually be more convenient gameplay to choose the boat size I want, in depot
10:54<andythenorth>it's less realism
10:54<andythenorth>but fuck it
10:55*andythenorth makes a screenshot
10:55<@peter1138>also railtype gui tweaks
10:56<@peter1138>when people were suggesting that electrification should be a flag without realising the consequences of that
10:56<andythenorth>currently I build the boat, the default capacity is usually correct
10:56<andythenorth>if I want one of the other capacities I refit
10:56<andythenorth>might as well just be a + widget dropdown in buy menu
10:56<andythenorth>like buying a van with bigger alloys from the Ford dealer
10:57<andythenorth>instead of buying them on eBay later
10:57<@peter1138>eh, why did you offer multiple capacity via refit on the same ship? that's ugly
10:57<andythenorth>because reasons
10:57<andythenorth>mostly the default is correct
10:58<andythenorth>ships aren't like trains where you can add another wagon :P
10:58<nielsm>andythenorth: I'm using "skylining" as a verb for the bonsai style of city building that's more prevalent in cities: skylines community (at least those publishing their work)
10:58<nielsm>with tons of plopped buildings and not so much natural growth
10:59<Samu>what about function name or param names
11:00<andythenorth>peter1138: if it helps, I know the capacity refits are stupid :)
11:00<Samu>oops, bridge_ramp is to be bridge_tile, forgot to edit it
11:01<Samu>unless bridge_ramp is better
11:01<Samu>what do you think
11:18-!-dvim [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
11:19-!-Borg [] has quit [Quit: leaving]
11:20-!-Wormnest [~Wormnest@] has joined #openttd
11:20-!-Wormnest is "Wormnest" on #openttd
11:21<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] Eddi-z commented on issue #6908: Request: Persistent storage for vehicles
11:27-!-Gja [] has joined #openttd
11:27-!-Gja is "Martin" on #ceph #bcache #openttd
11:29<Eddi|zuHause>it might very well be that we had that same discussion like 10 years ago...
11:29-!-andythenorth is now known as Guest1276
11:29-!-andythenorth [~andytheno@] has joined #openttd
11:29-!-andythenorth is "andythenorth" on #openttd
11:33-!-Guest1276 [~andytheno@] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
11:38<Samu>create water waves as the secondary ship "vehicle"
11:38<Samu>to allow more cargo
11:38<Samu>call it articulated ship
11:42-!-dvim [] has joined #openttd
11:42-!-dvim is "martynas" on #openttd #openjdk
11:44-!-HerzogDeXtEr [] has joined #openttd
11:44-!-HerzogDeXtEr is "purple" on #openttd
11:48<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] glx22 approved pull request #7076: Cleanup #6960: Remove parts of generate used only for MSVC pre-2015.
11:48-!-glx [] has joined #openttd
11:48-!-mode/#openttd [+v glx] by ChanServ
11:48-!-glx is "Loïc GUILLOUX" on +#openttd
11:53<Samu>my chain reaction of functions
11:53<Samu>3rd function calls 2nd and calls 1st
11:53<Samu>my bool skills are currently lacking
11:54<Samu>I want to get rid of line 21
11:54<Samu>what would i have to write on line 39, 40 and 41 if i do that?
12:03<Samu>(!IsTileFlat(bridge_tile) || IsPossibleLockLocationOnDiagDir(bridge_tile, bridge_dir)) ?
12:11<Samu>gonna try some asserts
12:21<Samu>!IsTileFlat(bridge_tile) && IsPossibleLockLocationOnDiagDirWithoutCheckTileFlat(bridge_tile, bridge_dir);
12:27<Samu>looks like this is it! No asserts during 8k rivers + 12k towns on 4k*4k map
12:40-!-Thedarkb1-T60 [] has joined #openttd
12:40-!-Thedarkb1-T60 is "realname" on #openttd #oolite
12:40<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] PeterN merged pull request #7076: Cleanup #6960: Remove parts of generate used only for MSVC pre-2015.
12:42<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] PeterN updated pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
12:47<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] glx22 commented on pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
12:48<+glx>ignore that, was stupid :)
12:48-!-andythenorth [~andytheno@] has quit [Quit: andythenorth]
12:50-!-Gja [] has quit []
12:50<TrueBrain>527 missed messages ... you guys talk too much
12:50<TrueBrain>just saying
12:54<LordAro>nah, you talk too little
12:55-!-Progman [] has joined #openttd
12:55-!-Progman is "Peter Henschel" on #openttd
12:56<TrueBrain>what is blocking atm?
12:56<TrueBrain>link validation
12:56<TrueBrain>we can do that after merge, I guess
12:56<TrueBrain>URL is going to change for sure
12:57<TrueBrain>but that too can wait till after merge
12:57<TrueBrain>as that is IPv6 bla
12:58<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] glx22 requested changes for pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
13:01-!-Wolf01 [] has joined #openttd
13:01-!-Wolf01 is "Wolf01" on #openttd
13:07<Wolf01>Meh, I want to browse discord channels without registering :|
13:11<TrueBrain>cannot fork because repository is empty
13:11<TrueBrain>SO WHAT :P
13:12<Samu> for (uint tile = 0; tile != MapSize(); tile++) {
13:12<Samu>is there a purple all caps FOR_ALL_TILES or so?
13:12<Wolf01>Macro, that's a macro
13:13<Samu>macro, ok must find if it exists already
13:14-!-Gja [] has joined #openttd
13:14-!-Gja is "Martin" on #ceph #bcache #openttd
13:14<Samu>can't find
13:14<Samu>guess there isn't
13:15<Samu>uint should be TileIndex, right?
13:20<+glx>and remember this loop includes void tiles
13:24<Samu>i only want river slopes
13:24<Samu>if (IsValidTile(tile) && IsTileType(tile, MP_WATER) && IsRiver(tile) && IsInclinedSlope(GetTileSlope(tile))) {
13:30-!-sla_ro|master [] has joined #openttd
13:30-!-sla_ro|master is "slamaster" on #sla #openttd
13:30-!-gelignite [] has joined #openttd
13:30-!-gelignite is "gelignite" on #openttd
13:37<TrueBrain>its funny (well, not really): every idea I have for fixing IPv4/IPv6 around the DO CDN, is returned to me with some minor missing thing in the DO infrastructure
13:37<TrueBrain>from custom domains up to proxy protocol support
13:37<TrueBrain>I am sad! :P
13:38<TrueBrain>worst part: all solutions so far (7+) I came up with, have planned solutions by DO in 2019
13:38<TrueBrain>so it is just terrible timing
13:38-!-andythenorth [] has joined #openttd
13:38-!-andythenorth is "andythenorth" on #openttd
13:38<Samu>* @param flowdown_count The number of times the river has flowed down
13:38<Samu>good english?
13:39<Samu>flowed down? flown down ? flew down? something else down?
13:42<Samu> I hope this is not a wiki-kind of dictionary
13:43<milek7>current infrastructure is also multiple servers?
13:48<Samu>Found a bug when generating "lakes" on desert tileset
13:48<Samu>it does not /* Remove desert directly around the river tile. */
13:49<Samu>I'll fix it
13:50<andythenorth>Samu: what does it do? :)
13:51<andythenorth>peter1138: so are groups done? o_O
13:51<Samu>doesn't make lakes on yellow desert terrain
13:51<andythenorth>or shall we 'fix' desert TGP for 1.9.0 :P
13:52<Samu> oh, interesting
13:52<TrueBrain>andythenorth: less talking, more :P
13:52<andythenorth>let's see
13:53<Samu>yeah, that's it
13:53<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] PeterN updated pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
13:53<@peter1138>andythenorth, not unless someone else coded it whilst I was cycling home, and then going to the pet shop.
13:54*andythenorth needs fish food
13:54<andythenorth>very reminder
13:54<@peter1138>Hmm, yeah, I should've got some fish, damn.
13:55<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] PeterN commented on pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
13:56<andythenorth>TrueBrain: so what is my user error here?
13:56<andythenorth>jekyll 3.8.5 | Error: No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - OpenTTD-website.andythenorth/static/js/ua-parser.js
13:56<andythenorth>from jekyll serve
13:57<TrueBrain>git submodule update --init
13:57<TrueBrain>I think
13:57<stefino>andythenorth: one more question. We have a problem with industry closure. Is there any way how to fix it?
13:58<andythenorth>the answer is yes, or no
13:58<andythenorth>what do you want to fix?
13:59<stefino>it closes very fast ...there are no problems with your FIRS but we start witch 100 factories +- and after few years there is for example 50
13:59<stefino>it is realy quick if I compare it with your set
14:00<andythenorth>I banned closure, which is easy
14:00<andythenorth>there is no way to allow closure, but control the rate
14:01<andythenorth>TrueBrain: 42 bad links :D
14:01<andythenorth>I will triage
14:01<stefino>ahh okay :)
14:01<TrueBrain>andythenorth: please do; possibly I did something stupid :D
14:02<@peter1138>Just approve and commit :p
14:02<andythenorth>typo on 404 TrueBrain "The page you requrested could not be found."
14:02<andythenorth>don't make me PR pls :(
14:02<andythenorth>I have like 57 things to do right now
14:02<TrueBrain>make an issue out of it?
14:02<TrueBrain>I am 6 deep in some other issue myself :D
14:03<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] PeterN commented on pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
14:03<TrueBrain>I believe GitHub claims it is really easy to make a PR from within the interface
14:03<TrueBrain>just never checked that out :D
14:04<TrueBrain>okay, that really does work
14:04<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/website] andythenorth opened pull request #28: Fixed typo in 404
14:04<TrueBrain>wtf, I just made one too :P
14:04<TrueBrain>just made the PR in my own fork
14:05<andythenorth>well that reduces the admin
14:05<andythenorth>we can get web editors to do this
14:05<TrueBrain>that makes it really easy to work on the website :)
14:05<stefino>andythenorth: and how to "ban" closure? :D
14:05*andythenorth back to frigging 404s
14:05<andythenorth>stefino: monthly prod. cb
14:05<TrueBrain>andythenorth: your commit message only is faulty
14:05<TrueBrain>should be: Fix: ...
14:05<TrueBrain>in the commit darling :)
14:05<TrueBrain>not the PR :P
14:06<andythenorth>that's hard to edit :P
14:06<andythenorth>in the web UI
14:06<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/website] TrueBrain opened pull request #29: Fix: typo in 404.html
14:06<TrueBrain>let me try :D
14:07<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/website] TrueBrain closed pull request #28: Fix: typo in 404
14:07<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/website] TrueBrain commented on pull request #28: Fix: typo in 404
14:07<andythenorth>interesting diversion
14:07<andythenorth>at least we learn something
14:07<TrueBrain>yes :D
14:09<andythenorth>TrueBrain: so links for downloads, e.g. changelog etc, are they supposed to be absolute to the CDN?
14:10<andythenorth>I'm getting
14:10<andythenorth>second link
14:10<andythenorth>first one I copied wrong thing from validator tool
14:10<TrueBrain>that is odd
14:10<TrueBrain>andythenorth: please run again
14:11<Samu>CircularTileSearch(&tile, 5, RiverModifyDesertZone, NULL);
14:12<Samu>this dude always changing the value of tile... damn it
14:12<Samu>i want tile to remain the same
14:12*andythenorth running fetch-downloads
14:12<andythenorth>the liquid template looks correct to me
14:13<andythenorth>ok re-running link checker
14:13<andythenorth>0 bad
14:14<andythenorth>bunch of 301s, 302s, 307s
14:14<andythenorth>going to assume they're all correct
14:14<Samu> TileIndex t = tile;
14:14<Samu> CircularTileSearch(&t, 5, RiverModifyDesertZone, NULL);
14:14<Samu>problem solved
14:14<Samu>tile is unchanged, and t is scrapped
14:15<andythenorth>WAVE validator gives 3 errors, I'll see if I can fix them or leave comments :|
14:16<andythenorth>25 contrast errors :|
14:17<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/website] TrueBrain merged pull request #29: Fix: typo in 404.html
14:19<TrueBrain>nginx-ingress is full of lua tricks :D That is funny
14:20<TrueBrain>okay, another route that is not really viable
14:20<TrueBrain>I just want to know if I have an IPv4 or IPv6 connection
14:20<TrueBrain>how hard can it be :P
14:20<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/website] andythenorth approved pull request #23: Add: support binary distribution via our new infrastructure
14:20<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/website] TrueBrain merged pull request #23: Add: support binary distribution via our new infrastructure
14:20<TrueBrain>tnx andythenorth
14:22<TrueBrain>so if I enable proxy protocol, all communication has to be done like that. I cannot set it up for a single one, for example
14:24<milek7>old infrastructure is also cluster of multiple servers?
14:25<TrueBrain>we have both a mirror of ~7 servers worldwide, and around 14-ish VPSes
14:25<TrueBrain>name that how ever you like :)
14:25<TrueBrain> <- at least we have a new nightly :)
14:25<milek7>ok, so i really underestimate openttd traffic ;p
14:25<TrueBrain>you were doubting me? Tsssk
14:26-!-Gustavo6046 [~Gustavo60@2804:14d:4cd8:81a4:8c12:43be:af4b:f8e3] has joined #openttd
14:26-!-Gustavo6046 is "Non dico nomen." on @#yiff #openttd #oftc #moocows
14:26<TrueBrain>well, always difficult to put anything in perspective ... at work I am totally used to servers which average 300 mbit/s
14:26<TrueBrain>but OpenTTD doesn't do that :P
14:27<TrueBrain>I believe .. 30 mbit/s on average over the whole
14:27<TrueBrain>4+TiB a month
14:27<TrueBrain>~1 million file downloads per month
14:27<TrueBrain>that is the order of magnitude to think in
14:28<andythenorth>we have a new nightly? \o/
14:29<TrueBrain>YES WE DO!
14:29<andythenorth>YES WE DO
14:29<TrueBrain>but it is still on staging, because of 2 remaining issues:
14:29<TrueBrain>IPv6 connectivity
14:29<TrueBrain>and automatically retriggering of the website when a nightly is done
14:29-!-Gustavo6046 [~Gustavo60@2804:14d:4cd8:81a4:8c12:43be:af4b:f8e3] has quit []
14:30-!-Gustavo6046 [~Gustavo60@2804:14d:4cd8:81a4:8c12:43be:af4b:f8e3] has joined #openttd
14:30-!-Gustavo6046 is "Non dico nomen." on @#yiff #openttd #oftc #moocows
14:30<andythenorth>pish posh
14:30<andythenorth>there's always something left to do :P
14:31<TrueBrain>it is keeping me from bringing it live :(
14:31<TrueBrain>and I am really running out of ideas for the IPv6 ..
14:31<milek7>30 mbit/s sounds like underutilized server ;D
14:32<TrueBrain>depends on your goal ;)
14:32<TrueBrain>the mirror network is created to reduce latency (increase locality)
14:32<TrueBrain>the average distance between server and a computer downloading a binary, is ~3000 km
14:33<TrueBrain>mostly, US is kept in US :)
14:33<TrueBrain>EU servers are 3 times as busy as US servers, on average
14:33<TrueBrain>cz server serves within 1000 kms :D
14:34<TrueBrain>ca over 4400 km ..
14:34<TrueBrain>(and yes, we track this silly shit :P)
14:35<andythenorth>I have nothing for IPv6 :( Not something I have knowledge for
14:36<TrueBrain>it is mainly DigitalOcean that made it difficult :P
14:36<TrueBrain>most cloud providers offer PROXY protocol on their LoadBalancer
14:36<TrueBrain>that would totally have solved my issue for this specific problem
14:36<TrueBrain>they don't do that yet
14:37<TrueBrain>so you don't know the real IP that is connecting to your kubernetes pod
14:37<TrueBrain>which is REALLY annoying :P
14:39<milek7>right, i am used to loads mainly from single country
14:39<milek7>after release it can go to ~250mbit/s, though this is on two servers
14:40<TrueBrain>yeah; different target :)
14:40<TrueBrain>we went for world domination :D
14:40<TrueBrain>(nah; the complaints about downloads not working dropped from a few a week to almost zero)
14:40<milek7>(i have to code some delta-patch system, releasing clean 2.5gb archive every year or so is bit wasteful)
14:41<TrueBrain>or implement a CDN and don't care about it :P
14:41<milek7>well, it works now but it's just ugly ;p
14:45<TrueBrain>so I wanted to make the nginx-ingress in the k8s to setup a port which does support proxy protocol, and one that doesn't. But that is difficult, as it turns out :D
14:46-!-stefino [] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
14:52<milek7>heh, i'm looking at steam direct
14:52<milek7>and it looks like after 100$ initial fee i can put free game and they'll host it without extra payments. what's business here? ;d
14:55<@planetmaker>the business seems to be the many games which do cost money. And every free game also keeps the audience around
14:55<@planetmaker>and hey, it's 100€ / $
14:57<TrueBrain>OpenTTD going to steam!
14:57<TrueBrain>(right? :P)
14:57<Samu> andythenorth this is not the same rule applied on RiverModifyDesertZone
14:57<Samu>seems one turns it right into a green tile, the other turns into half desert
14:58<Samu>and it's in a circular search, so it turns more, in a radius of 5 into green tiles
14:59<@planetmaker>I'm all for it. I still believe it's a good game distribution platform
14:59<@planetmaker>heck, most games I got from there :P
14:59<TrueBrain>we just need someone to pave the road, I guess :)
14:59<@planetmaker>was it agreed-upon to spend those 100 bucks?
15:00<TrueBrain>(if not, it is now)
15:00<TrueBrain>email orudge if he needs to do anything
15:00<TrueBrain>he will take care of it when ever he can
15:01<TrueBrain>(financial, that is)
15:01<@planetmaker>I'll simply go forward then and ask him to re-imburse me later
15:01<TrueBrain>I mostly give him credentials to make the payment :D
15:03<Samu>I didn't actually test it
15:04<@peter1138>Simutrans is on Steam.
15:08<@planetmaker>Indeed. "Battle of Wesnoth" as well
15:08<Samu>strange, I don't get the same results as I see here
15:10<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] glx22 dismissed a review for pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
15:11<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] glx22 commented on pull request #7077: Change: Always build baseset metadata, instead of including it in the repo.
15:13<@planetmaker>does info@openttd have some greylisting?
15:14<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] SamuXarick commented on pull request #7015: Change: Desert tiles are now half-desert if a neighboured tile is non…
15:15<TrueBrain>planetmaker: yes
15:17<@planetmaker>roughly how long?
15:17<TrueBrain>5 minutes; but the server has to contact again
15:18<@planetmaker>hm, right
15:18<TrueBrain>so often after 5 minutes, hit that "resend" button! :P
15:18<@planetmaker>err-no-resend button :|
15:19<@planetmaker>yop :)
15:20<@planetmaker>but trying to re-apply with the same address works :D
15:23<@planetmaker>hm... openttd seems taken. And connected to... some none-openttd address (
15:23<@planetmaker>Let's try to sort that through :)
15:24<TrueBrain>this most of the time takes the longest
15:24<TrueBrain>reclaiming what is ours etc
15:27<@planetmaker>let's see what steam support will answer :)
15:41-!-mode/#openttd [+o orudge`] by ChanServ
15:41-!-orudge` is now known as orudge
15:46<TrueBrain>grrrr, so okay ... this IPv6 is a lot more annoying than I expected ..
15:48<andythenorth>Samu: you're correct
15:48<andythenorth>I verified your finding
15:50<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] andythenorth commented on pull request #7015: Change: Desert tiles are now half-desert if a neighboured tile is non…
15:53<LordAro>andythenorth: seems like it should be a separate bug
15:53<andythenorth>well #4754 originally filed this an issue
15:54<andythenorth>planetmaker: can you remember anything from 2011? :P. Does this matter
15:55<andythenorth>I don't care either way, I never use SE, and river-desert now look better in map gen
15:56<andythenorth>this kind of inconsistency doesn't really touch the sides for me, landscape stuff is generally messy by nature
15:58<@planetmaker>let me see
15:59<milek7>why ipv4 don't die already
15:59<milek7>nat and port redirects in nat are so annoying
16:00-!-supermop [] has joined #openttd
16:00-!-supermop is "Guest" on #openttd
16:00<TrueBrain>IPv6 adoption is very low :(
16:00<andythenorth>lo supermop
16:00<supermop>andythenorth should I buy Creative Cloud?
16:00<supermop>or just use it at work
16:01<supermop>I have a newer surface book than last year, and I no longer have CS on it
16:01<milek7>i know, i don't have native ipv6 on my isp :(
16:01<supermop>im tempted to buy a usb dvd drive so I can use these cs5 disks I got back in 2010
16:02<andythenorth>I buy just Photoshop, all I need
16:02<andythenorth>full CC is super expensive
16:02<@planetmaker>interesting. It should not make a difference for what it's worth.
16:03<andythenorth>not every inconsistency is a bug
16:03<andythenorth>some are just what they are
16:04-!-nielsm [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
16:04<@peter1138>Maybe I'll revisit my map generation code.
16:05<supermop>andythenorth ai is useful for design worki do sometimes, id less so but I use it occasionally
16:06<@peter1138>Maybe I'll stick to things I'm currently fiddling with :p
16:06<@peter1138>Like this goats cheese on a cracker.
16:06<supermop>i could maybe try to share my license with my work computer, but i do want to use it for personal stuff
16:06<@peter1138>Although it's from Aldi so hardly special.
16:06-!-HerzogDeXtEr [] has quit [Read error: Connection reset by peer]
16:07<supermop>but yes, hard to justify $600 a year for something that's just a 'nice to have'
16:09<Samu>LordAro "Hmm, are there any road bridges you can add to the test?"
16:09<Samu>AIIBridge.GetName(i, AIVehicle.VT_ROAD)
16:10<supermop>why is PS $20/mo, but lightroom+PS is $10/mo?
16:11<Samu>do you want me to add more tests to regression ai?
16:11-!-sla_ro|master [] has quit []
16:11<andythenorth>supermop: adobe pricing makes no sense
16:11<LordAro>Samu: that was my idea, yes
16:11<Samu>I'd have to edit the results
16:11<LordAro>you can run it yourself these days
16:12<LordAro>there should be a "regression" target, i think?
16:12<andythenorth>supermop: you here for a while? o_O
16:12<Samu>no idea how to run the regression test
16:12<Samu>i only know that it runs over there
16:13<supermop>ill be on irc rest of the day unless something gets messed up
16:13<Samu>tried to make it run here, but i couldn't
16:13<LordAro>Samu: the regression test was recently added to VS
16:13<LordAro>as a target/project/thing
16:13<LordAro>try and find it
16:14<supermop>i need to design a donut kiosk as a charette exercise for job im interviewing for
16:14<Samu>ah i see, but hmm how to run this lol
16:15<Samu>Microsoft Visual Studio
16:15<Samu>The "Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.References.UnresolvedBuildDependencyProjectReference" reference could not be resolved.
16:16<supermop>probably just going to photoshop elevations of it rather than render
16:17<andythenorth>donut kiosk :D
16:18<andythenorth>supermop: finishing up high speed trains, what do we think of CC roof? on #2
16:18<@peter1138>More cheese, gromit?
16:18<supermop>cc roof looks nice, not very realistic
16:19<LordAro>the r word!
16:19<supermop>does make it look very shiny and lategame-ish
16:19<supermop>which can be nice
16:19<Samu>do i tick Build for regression?
16:19<LordAro>i imagine so
16:20<Samu>ok let's see what happens
16:20<+glx>no you just right click, then generate on regression project
16:20<andythenorth>mega realism
16:20<+glx>no need to enable it for all builds
16:20<supermop>sadly we do not get to see tt trains from lineside, so sometimes makes sense to dress up the roofs
16:20<TrueBrain>glx: still works over IPv6?
16:20<TrueBrain>finally :D I can see IPv6 calls \o/
16:21<TrueBrain>had to duplicate the whole setup
16:21<TrueBrain>but okay ..
16:21<@peter1138>If adding new icons to openttd.grf (not reorganising what's there) should I do 1 sprite per file, or what?
16:21<@peter1138>TrueBrain, see mine?
16:21<Samu>I don't have a regression project, or do I? I'm not following
16:21<TrueBrain>peter1138: reload?
16:21<supermop>andythenorth did they actually paint those red on top?
16:21<TrueBrain>I see traffic
16:21<andythenorth>oof they changed it recently
16:22<+glx>Samu: if you are in sync with master from more than 2 weeks ago you have it
16:22<TrueBrain>okay, I am now running 2 nginx setups .. one for IPv4, and one for IPv6 :P
16:22<TrueBrain>wasting memory! :D
16:22<supermop>shinkansen are the same smooth white body shell all the way up and over so not too rare
16:22<@peter1138>TrueBrain, that's what we call resiliency.
16:22<+glx>in solution explorer it's right after openttd
16:22<supermop>but those quickly become quite dirty on the top
16:22<TrueBrain>peter1138: well ... they all run already with replicas :P
16:23<TrueBrain>1 k8s nginx-ingress with proxy-protocol, the other without
16:23<TrueBrain>IPv4 via DigitalOcean which does not support PROXY, the other via my own entry points which do
16:23<TrueBrain>"the other" == IPv6
16:23<TrueBrain>so complexxxxxx
16:23<Samu>right click, Project Only -> Build Only regression ?
16:23<supermop>andythenorth that change look like a nod to frequency they actually are able to wash them
16:24<andythenorth>ottd trains never get dirty
16:24<andythenorth>so eh
16:24<supermop>just bad feature some grime aging on top
16:24*andythenorth invents horrid realism mod
16:24<andythenorth>coach washing depot
16:24<andythenorth>reduced town rating if trains are dirty
16:24<andythenorth>peter1138: group sprites by concern, not 1 sprite per file :)
16:24<+glx>in project explorer window you right click on regression and click build
16:24<andythenorth>e.g. there are 4 vehicle clone cursors, they can be one file
16:25<+glx>well solution explorer, but same
16:25<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] M3Henry commented on pull request #6817: PR for Modernizing for C++11: replacing instances of SmallVector
16:26<Samu>ah, Build
16:27<+glx>running regression is easier from VS, it's possible to run it from outside but requires many extra steps
16:27<@peter1138>"make regression" is pretty easy ;)
16:27-!-gelignite [] has quit [Quit: Good fight, good night!]
16:28<+glx>yeah that works well with MSYS2
16:28<@peter1138>andythenorth, but then I have to faff about with how to arrange the sprites, padding, etc...
16:28<+glx>but MSVC build needs special handling to get the output
16:28<andythenorth>I can do it, but....not today :P
16:28<andythenorth>my life is sprite faff :P
16:28<@peter1138>I did it!
16:28<Samu>3>Running ai/regression/tst_regression... passed!
16:28<Samu>3>Running ai/regression/tst_stationlist... passed!
16:28<@peter1138>But not like the current spritesheets.
16:28<Samu>just that?
16:29<andythenorth>peter1138: ship it :P
16:29<Samu>I'm kinda disappointed lol
16:29<LordAro>Samu: it'll get a bit noisier if it fails ;)
16:29<@peter1138>I started at 0,0 and placed the sprites horizontally with a 1 pixel white gap between them.
16:29<+glx>not with the vbs LordAro
16:29<andythenorth>'probably fine'
16:30<Samu>so, hmm i need to edit the end result
16:30<Samu>if i am to add more bridge name tests
16:30<Samu>where is this result file created? need to snag it
16:31<Samu>but first, let me edit regression ai
16:32<+glx>Samu: you can edit regression.bat and add -k after the run.vbs call
16:32<+glx>it will keep the tmp files
16:33<supermop>andythenorth ive yet to get out of 60s with new horse
16:33<Samu>must push my not-yet-finished stuff ... gah it's hard to switch between branches
16:34<+glx>just "git stash", "git checkout", "git stash pop"
16:35<TrueBrain>yippie, so now I can see IPv4 from IPv6 ... means I can make something that redirects IPv4 to the edge-cached URL, and IPv6 I can feed binaries directly
16:35<+glx>other option is "git diff > some_file" "git reset"
16:35<TrueBrain>ALMOST there now for realz :D
16:35<TrueBrain>but that tomorrorrrrwwwwww
16:35<andythenorth>supermop: no time, or bad grf? :P
16:36<TrueBrain>did someone just email about OpenTTD 0.6.3? Damn .... that is a few years behind :D
16:36<LordAro>TrueBrain: whaa
16:39<@planetmaker>well. I gave him the download link :)
16:39<@planetmaker>not sure whether he was actually asking for 0.6.3 or just saying he used to play that version and wants to have "latest" download
16:48-!-Gja [] has quit []
16:48<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] SamuXarick updated pull request #7073: Feature: Generate lock ready rivers upon world generation
16:48<Samu>im so terrible at this
16:49<supermop>andythenorth no time
16:49<Samu> oh, that first line became the title?
16:50<Samu>not what I was shown here
16:50<supermop>i wonder if i should be building this mainline as electric in 51
16:53<supermop>i want something like steel town for cities
16:53-!-Thedarkb1-T60 [] has quit [Read error: Connection reset by peer]
16:53-!-Thedarkb1-T60 [] has joined #openttd
16:53-!-Thedarkb1-T60 is "realname" on #openttd #oolite
16:54<supermop>that is, more advanced industry rather than rural or extractive, but less industry focused
16:54<supermop>something that will look nice as set dressing to a passenger heavy game
16:54<supermop>'post-industrial decline' economy
16:55<supermop>maybe a japan economy
16:55<supermop>less raw material, more shipping finished goods
16:56<supermop>so i'm not always anxious about cramming more quicklime through my commuter network from a kiln built like a ski resort
16:58<supermop>just some cute freight rakes as scenery for EMUs to glide by
17:00<supermop>here is a curmudgeonly observation: did 3 track mainlines ever make sense?
17:00<supermop>they are never worth it in openttd, and they never seem to provide much benefit on the subway here
17:13<andythenorth>supermop: town economy is something I'm interested in :)
17:13<andythenorth>but now bed :)
17:13-!-andythenorth [] has quit [Quit: andythenorth]
17:24<Samu>3>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3073: The command "call regression.bat" exited with code 1.
17:24<Samu>where is this file
17:25<LordAro>explorer has search functionality built in
17:25<LordAro>use your head
17:29<Samu>ah found it D:\OpenTTD\OpenTTD GitHub\OpenTTD\projects
17:29<Samu>found 2 of them
17:29<Samu>D:\OpenTTD\OpenTTD svn-trunk\projects
17:30<LordAro>you don't need to tell us
17:30<LordAro>i'm sure you can manage to work out which one is relevant
17:30<Samu>cscript /nologo ai\regression\run.vbs -k
17:31-!-snail_UES_ [~snail_UES@] has joined #openttd
17:31-!-snail_UES_ is "Jacopo Coletto" on #openttd
17:35<Samu>got it
17:37<Samu>there are no Air bridges, dont know if it was worth getting a name out of it
17:38<Samu>but let's see what happens :)
17:39<LordAro>Samu: i was imagining that you'd do something like GetName(GetBridgeID(sometile))
17:39<LordAro>but whatever
17:40<+glx>LordAro: but there's already a loop
17:40<LordAro>i've not actually looked
17:41<LordAro>it'd be interesting to get some code coverage out of the regression tests
17:43<+glx>makes sense for a non existing thing
17:43<LordAro>probably not necessary to test for that :p
17:44<+glx>Samu: update the message printed before the result too
17:44<LordAro>Samu: i'd also change the print to something like GetName(VT_ROAD)
17:45<LordAro>doesn't need to be "actual" code, just something that differentiates it
17:45<+glx>and a good check to do is to compare result.txt and the temp file to check only your changes are new
17:46<+glx>then you just copy temp file over result.txt
17:47<+glx>vbs version of regression is not as verbose as sh/awk version because it doesn't use diff
17:48<LordAro>i guess there's no equivalent in the vbs world?
17:49<+glx>it could call an external tool but I try to use only stuff I'm sure are present on all machine without installing extra stuff
17:50<+glx>so basically it's just a read file 1 into a var1, read file 2 into var2, return var1 = var2
17:51<+glx>I just didn't want to write a diff clone ;)
17:51<LordAro>understandable :p
17:52*LordAro looks to see if cmake can diff files
17:52<+glx>and if regression fails on windows it will fail on other platforms too and CI will tell :)
17:53<LordAro>cmake -E compare_files
17:53<LordAro>well that's fine
17:54-!-snail_UES_ [~snail_UES@] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
17:56<Samu>what u think?
17:56<LordAro>i'd put it in the function call name
17:56<Samu>hmm, i think i have a better idea
17:58<LordAro>also pretty sure it's not worth it to loop over "air bridges" :p
17:58<LordAro>not sure it's worth doing the water bridges
17:59<+glx>and all that for just a "debug" info
17:59-!-Progman [] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
18:00<+glx>because I don't think an AI will explicitely need the bridge name
18:02<+glx>but as the data is available to human players via inspection tool, I agree it could be available to AI writers
18:03<Samu> hmm, didn't become that much better
18:04<LordAro>it's not worse
18:04<LordAro>i'd get rid of the AIVehicle prefix, it's unnecessary
18:06-!-Wolf01 [] has quit [Quit: Once again the world is quick to bury me.]
18:07-!-snail_UES_ [~snail_UES@] has joined #openttd
18:07-!-snail_UES_ is "Jacopo Coletto" on #openttd
18:08<Samu>added some spacing, good or bad idea?
18:08<LordAro>should be aligned with everything else
18:09<Samu>both? or just those to the right?
18:09<+glx>the results
18:10<Samu>oh it's not a loop
18:11<Samu> print(" GetName():");
18:11<Samu> print(" VT_RAIL: " + AIBridge.GetName(i, AIVehicle.VT_RAIL));
18:11<Samu> print(" VT_ROAD: " + AIBridge.GetName(i, AIVehicle.VT_ROAD));
18:11<Samu> print(" VT_WATER: " + AIBridge.GetName(i, AIVehicle.VT_WATER));
18:11<Samu> print(" VT_AIR: " + AIBridge.GetName(i, AIVehicle.VT_AIR));
18:11<+glx>it's inside the bridge loop
18:19<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] SamuXarick dismissed a review for pull request #6988: Change: AI/GS ScriptBridge::GetName takes one extra parameter to refer the vehicle type
18:19<DorpsGek_II>[OpenTTD/OpenTTD] SamuXarick updated pull request #6988: Change: AI/GS ScriptBridge::GetName takes one extra parameter to refer the vehicle type
18:25-!-dvim [] has quit [Quit: WeeChat 2.3]
18:33-!-snail_UES_ [~snail_UES@] has quit [Read error: Connection reset by peer]
18:34-!-snail_UES_ [~snail_UES@] has joined #openttd
18:34-!-snail_UES_ is "Jacopo Coletto" on #openttd
18:42-!-Flygon [] has joined #openttd
18:42-!-Flygon is "Flygon" on #openttd
19:12-!-Mahjong1 [~qq@2a00:23c5:6526:4400:9404:5690:d8f0:804d] has joined #openttd
19:12-!-Mahjong1 is "realname" on #ohnx #openttd
19:19-!-Mahjong [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
19:26-!-snail_UES_ [~snail_UES@] has quit [Quit: snail_UES_]
19:30-!-snail_UES_ [~snail_UES@] has joined #openttd
19:30-!-snail_UES_ is "Jacopo Coletto" on #openttd
19:38-!-guru3 [] has quit [Read error: Connection reset by peer]
19:39-!-Samu [] has quit [Read error: Connection reset by peer]
19:39-!-DorpsGek_II [] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
19:39-!-Samu [] has joined #openttd
19:39-!-Samu is "..." on #openttd
19:41<Samu>more tight
19:42-!-guru3 [] has joined #openttd
19:42-!-guru3 is "This Other Dude..." on @#armagetron #openttd
19:44<Samu>description could be improved
19:48<Samu>push with force?
19:48<Samu>for me it looks too tight
20:09-!-Thedarkb-X40 [~beno@] has joined #openttd
20:09-!-Thedarkb-X40 is "realname" on #openttd #/r/openttd #oolite
20:13<Samu>i fail at rebases
20:16-!-Thedarkb1-T60 [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
20:16<Samu>nop, DorpsGek_II isn't talking, something's fishy going on
20:38-!-snail_UES_ [~snail_UES@] has quit [Quit: snail_UES_]
20:57-!-snail_UES_ [~snail_UES@] has joined #openttd
20:57-!-snail_UES_ is "Jacopo Coletto" on #openttd
20:57<Samu>uhm... terraforming tunnels has gone through too many changes
20:57<Samu>some old patch I got here can't be patched t.t
20:58<Samu>MakeClearedObjectArea no longer exists
20:58<Samu>or maybe it never existed, hmm
21:01<Samu>nevermind, it never existed
21:01<Samu>it was something Alberth teached me
21:02<Samu>I remember now
21:12<Samu>Do I have to copy paste this huge comment around for my patch?
21:12<Samu>I'm gonna use it in 2 places
21:27-!-supermop [] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
22:08-!-Wormnest [~Wormnest@] has quit [Quit: Leaving]
22:08-!-Thedarkb-X40 [~beno@] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
22:11-!-snail_UES_ [~snail_UES@] has quit [Quit: snail_UES_]
22:31<Gustavo6046>hi Samu
22:32<Gustavo6046>aren't you the brazilian ambulance service thing?
22:35<Gustavo6046>like, 190
22:35<Samu>or french
22:35<Gustavo6046>(phone number)
22:35<Gustavo6046>something like that
22:35<Samu>i got a trailling whitespace stuff error on my last pr
22:35-!-triolus [] has joined #openttd
22:35-!-triolus is "triolus" on #openttd #debian
22:36<Samu>never forgiv
22:42-!-triolus [] has quit [Quit: leaving]
22:52-!-Samu [] has quit []
22:53-!-D-HUND [~debdog@2a00:79c0:660:2900:7a24:afff:fe8a:d04d] has joined #openttd
22:53-!-D-HUND is "Wowbagger" on #openttd #bitlbee
22:56-!-debdog [~debdog@2a00:79c0:633:1300:7a24:afff:fe8a:d04d] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
23:20-!-glx [] has quit []
---Logclosed Tue Jan 22 00:00:31 2019